2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

here's some 2010 Eye Candy..

Ti-Cip

here is a custom ordered set of TM Japan TP Forged 3-pw, The specs are 1/4" long ( 5 iron is 38"), std lie. Japan Golf Pride New Decade MC (notice how in the Japan market the red of the grip is toward the butt of the grip, where in the US it';s opposite), Project X 5.5.

If you all have heard of me, or read any of my previous posts, you'll know i am a typical golfwrx "ho". In the last few months i have gamed these, TP MB's and Tour Preferred's.. i am thinking of getting a set of 710 cb's... as a matter of fact, i am going to a local retailer in a few to check them out in person..

as far as these.. i must say they are SWEET!! pretty easy to hit and very, very nice feeling clubs!! i've only played them a few rounds, and have decided to put them in this rack for the time being until i can decide to keep them in my rotation, or just as a display..

check 'em out..what do ya think??

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' post='2156350' date='Jan 2 2010, 01:41 PM']here is a custom ordered set of TM Japan TP Forged 3-pw, The specs are 1/4" long ( 5 iron is 38"), std lie. Japan Golf Pride New Decade MC (notice how in the Japan market the red of the grip is toward the butt of the grip, where in the US it';s opposite), Project X 5.5.
If you all have heard of me, or read any of my previous posts, you'll know i am a typical golfwrx "ho". In the last few months i have gamed these, TP MB's and Tour Preferred's.. i am thinking of getting a set of 710 cb's... as a matter of fact, i am going to a local retailer in a few to check them out in person..
as far as these.. i must say they are SWEET!! pretty easy to hit and very, very nice feeling clubs!! i've only played them a few rounds, and have decided to put them in this rack for the time being until i can decide to keep them in my rotation, or just as a display..
check 'em out..what do ya think??[/quote]

Thanks for posting. They are beautiful.

yeah,, i had your 2008 japan tp forged too..these are pretty similar,, but a little more compact and the soles are a little narrower than yours.. feel wise, they are close,, i had the 2008's with the dgs-200 and my current are proj x 5.5's. i do feel that the project x's are more muted than the dgs..
but overall,, these newer tp forged's are very good feeling,, workable irons. they look awesome at address and in the bag..

[quote name='xxio' post='2156966' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:11 PM']How hard was it to get with PX? I have not seen it offered as a stock shaft in any JDM set.[/quote]
it wasn't stock,, this set was totally custom ordered, 1/4" , proj x 5.5's, japan new decade multi compound, with 1 extra wrap of tape..
cost me a lot,, but hey.. that's golf..

[quote name='Guia' post='2157069' date='Jan 2 2010, 06:01 PM']Who did you order through?[/quote]
tourspecgolf...
those guys are awesome..i bought a set of 2008 tp forged from them.. you can see those everywhere nowadays,,but when i saw the improvements in the 2009 model both in design and esthetics, i had to get them!! so i off'd my 2008's on ebay, and got these..

[quote name='erikdavis' post='2157089' date='Jan 2 2010, 06:10 PM']How is the ballflight in the 09's with the PX's vs. the 08's with the DG's?[/quote]

it is slightly lower,, but that's mainly due to the shafts. these PX's are not the flighted ones..these are probably higher , though, than my US tour preferreds, but if you look at the design of all 3 clubs; the '08's, 09's, and the topur preferreds, you will notice that the japan irons have more mass right behind the hitting area, whereas the tour preferreds are a nothc back design. my logic tells me more mass behind the hitting area will produce a higher ball flight vs. the notch back design.

[size=2]What do you think of the reduced offset of the 2009s vs the 2008s?[/size]

TaylorMade SIM D 10.5 Project X Riptide CB 50
TaylorMade SIM D 3 16 Fwy Project X Riptide 60
TaylorMade SIM D 3 Max Rescue 3 19 Ventus

Callaway Rogue Hybrids 4,5 Aldila Synergy
Callaway CF16, 6-PW TT XP95
Callaway X Forged 50-12 / 55-15 C grind / 60.9 C grind
TaylorMade / Balboa / Rossa Maranello / Bettinardi BB34
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Ozone / Edge / Nexos

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' post='2157052' date='Jan 3 2010, 09:54 AM'][quote name='xxio' post='2156966' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:11 PM']How hard was it to get with PX? I have not seen it offered as a stock shaft in any JDM set.[/quote]
it wasn't stock,, this set was totally custom ordered, 1/4" , proj x 5.5's, japan new decade multi compound, with 1 extra wrap of tape..
[/quote]

Custom=meaning the PX was not installed by the OEM?

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' post='2157052' date='Jan 3 2010, 09:54 AM'][quote name='xxio' post='2156966' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:11 PM']How hard was it to get with PX? I have not seen it offered as a stock shaft in any JDM set.[/quote]
[/quote]

Custom=meaning the PX was not installed by the OEM?

no..custom = means this set was built custom to my specs by TM Japan!!!
at least with TM,, whenever you something that is exotic in the build,, simply look at the ferrels,, 99.9% of the time, they have a solid black ferrel.. if so,, then any shaft work was done aftermarket..
if you look at my pics, you'll see those are OEM TM ferrels..

All I can say is if you all feel this is eye candy, then distortion is rampant among the males species. :tongue:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='Pepperturbo' post='2158430' date='Jan 3 2010, 11:13 AM']All I can say is if you all feel this is eye candy, then distortion is rampant among the males species. :tongue:[/quote]
haha,, well i can see you are not too impressed,, you're still playing callaway's :clapping: btw,, have your tin badges started to peel out of the cavity yet??

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' post='2158284' date='Jan 4 2010, 02:15 AM']no..custom = means this set was built custom to my specs by TM Japan!!!
at least with TM,, whenever you something that is exotic in the build,, simply look at the ferrels,, 99.9% of the time, they have a solid black ferrel.. if so,, then any shaft work was done aftermarket..
if you look at my pics, you'll see those are OEM TM ferrels..[/quote]

I had previously asked TM Japan (early 2008 IIRC) if I could custom order with PX. They said no. Great to hear they have changed their policies/options.

Ferrules (I think that is the spelling) are never a 100% indication if they are factory installed. My clubmaker can make any aftermarket install look factory. He can save ferrules and keep them looking new for the shafts that will be installed after. All that takes is skill and patience.

[quote name='Ti-Cip ' post='2159300' date='Jan 3 2010, 08:49 PM'][quote name='Pepperturbo' post='2158430' date='Jan 3 2010, 11:13 AM']All I can say is if you all feel this is eye candy, then distortion is rampant among the males species. :tongue:[/quote]
haha,, well i can see you are not too impressed,, you're still playing callaway's :clapping: btw,, have your tin badges started to peel out of the cavity yet??
[/quote]

I might be old, but not remotely close to dead. :) Eye candy for me is [url="http://www.maxim.com/girls/hot-100/79081/2009-hot-100-100-91.html#91"]http://www.maxim.com/girls/hot-100/79081/2...-100-91.html#91[/url]

Yep, still enjoying my X-Forged; "peel", nope. They are as good as new; likely due to hitting the ball with the right part of the face, not jaring it with shanks and what not. :lol:

Play them well and Happy New Year!

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

If you call the "original" X-Forge GI then you must be way lower index and ball striker then me. I've played MB blades for most of my 20 yrs playing this game, these sticks are NOT GI... About ten others at my club with indexes under 5 have hit them, and they agree with me.

FYI, these heads were designed for Phil when he first came over to Callaway. After he had them for a few months, he requested more bounce so Callaway added more bounce, and listed them as Tour Authentic.

• T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • SC/CA Monterey

i got them because i saw phil using them and they looked really nice.. callaways first forged irons!! i was excited,,,but just cuz phil uses them means nothing cuz he changes equip pretty frquently and everytime he has something new.. it is supposedly the greatest thing since sliced bread..LOL
as faras easy to hit.. yes!! they are!! you want hard to hit forged mb's .. try the TM tp mb's!! those are totally rewarding for good swings, and penal for lazy one's..
my set of x forged's were 3-pw, and i never felt anything but comfort and confidence with them..
in fact, i'll say that your x forgeds and my tour preferreds play about the same as far as preformance, workability, distance and feel.

Ti-cip. That rack looks real good! But what is that I see in the lower left corner. It looks like a face. After closer inspection I can see Ben Hogan!! That said, If you really want to attain the ffffffit sound, play blades. Given you discerning taste (I Candy) I figure you would be gearing up for some TM MBs which are soo sleek. But I figure you are just TM GI crazy.

I am amazed at how many different sets of irons that you play with. For a feel playa like me, it takes 6 months of active golf for me to really dial in my clubs. Perhaps it's the law of the Golf Gods for me, I have the honeymoon period, the first few fights and then finally bliss. Speaking of law, I would be very scared to be a Sherrif these days, cuz a Playa's gonna take your tin badge!

Tinuke
913 d-3 980F (17)
J33B 3-P
Gearhart 52
T.P. Mills SS Softail wide flange mini
Hogan Special SI

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up a custom set myself, a few weeks a go. (I added a couple pics.) The one thing I noticed (shaft pic included) is that when TM Japan does custom work, they actually stamp or etch the shaft.....[i]"TM Custom."[/i] Conversely, I recently had a set of Custom R9 TP's but they did not have the same stamping on the shaft yet they came with the custom order sheet straight from the tour department. I suppose that's neither here nor there, but it is a nice touch. That said, these are sweet sticks. (Thanks Grant!)

What I like most is that they are very similar to the 300 Forged Lehman's as far as box toes go. The set up and address positions are incredible. I've been playing the JDM R7 Forged since they were introduced (and several sets of 300's prior to that) and these are an incredible revision. Yep, they have a slightly smaller head but the offset is far less and the squarer toe design is much more appealing to me.

[b]BTW.....my set is NOT parallel but rather taper tip.[/b]

Enjoy:

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X