2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Egolf Amateur Tour- has started play in my area

OneBowTie

I don't know if any of you play in any of the Egolf Amateur Tours in your area...... I live in NC and we have started play..... if your not familiar, its basically as it states, a Amateur Tour for all level's of players.....I guess depending on the tour director, either its a well run event or not.....

with that being said, here in NC we are lucky, because the tour directors here run top notch events.... they don't allow for sandbagging and do police the courses for slow play..... while when you do have 80-100 plus players out on a course with a shot gun start, you will/do run into some long rounds.... but for the most part, the tour directors seem to stress pace of play.... they move people quickly out of flights if scores dictate .......

you can join any tour from any city at any time..... you can attend any amount of events you choose too.... and its run like the Pro tour, in the object is to collect season long points and make it to the tour championship.... which is again going to be held in Hilton Head SC...... I played last year and found that most flights have a handful of players that attend most of the events and others play as often as they can or want too.....Also, if you are a tour member of any city.... you are allowed to play out of your "home" tour and play in any other tour or event they have.... so if you are traveling with job around country, you could join in your home town area and while traveling, simply look on the schedule of the city your going to and register to play in the event being held in that city.....

I played in 25 events last year.... and I am glad to say that I enjoyed each and every group I was paired with...which speaks volume for the quality of people I found on tour.....

I have enjoyed the experiences and competitions so far.... so if any of you are looking to get out and play some competitive golf.....check out the Egolf Amateur Tour in your area.....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played on the Houston tour last year in the B flight. I started without an official USGA handicap in the C flight, and when I decided to get an official index, I wound up in the B flight. I didnt start until April, and got moved into the B flight some time in May I believe. At the end of the season, I was 3rd in points. I had to miss the tour championship for the Houston division, and the national championship in Hilton Head though.

I signed up this season, and was registered for the 1st event. 2 days before the event, I was told that I needed to be in Florida, so I had to cancel. I've been here since, and havent been able to make an event yet. The next one is this coming Sunday, and I wont be getting home until Tuesday. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to the event following it up. I had a lot of fun playing on the tour last year, and am looking forward to it this year. The 1 person who annoyed me is no longer in my flight, so it should be good.

played in this tour the last few years and it is run top notch.
What NC tour are you in? I am out of Charlotte, the home office if you will.
Got hooked back in 07, then did not get to play at all in 08. Played about half the events in 09 and Hilton Head was a great time.
1 event so far this year and one win, so stating out in the points lead, just have to play enough to try and win our local points Championship
Anyone who wants to sharpen their game and play with other golfers should try this out.

I played it for 3 seasons and won the tour championshio 1 year, then the local tour I played on folded up. It's run pretty well and is a much better tour than the Golf Channel Tour IMO. I was thinking about playing again, but most tournaments are around 2 hours away. Which tour in NC has started up already?

This looks really cool. I think I am going to join the Lexington Tour. Thanks for sharing this info. I love to play tournaments and this will help.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Dean NC' date='02 March 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1267587551' post='2289476']
played in this tour the last few years and it is run top notch.
What NC tour are you in? I am out of Charlotte, the home office if you will.
Got hooked back in 07, then did not get to play at all in 08. Played about half the events in 09 and Hilton Head was a great time.
1 event so far this year and one win, so stating out in the points lead, just have to play enough to try and win our local points Championship
Anyone who wants to sharpen their game and play with other golfers should try this out.
[/quote]

I play out of the Triad Tour..... sounds like you came right out of the gates swinging..... good for you.....our first official event was this past weekend at Bryan Park-Championship course..... it was freezing with wind.....but all in all it was good to get out and compete....

I played in 3 or 4 events last year out of the Charlotte tour.....I was always paired with great guys in that tour.....I know that your tour all the flights seem very competitive and the points battle's last year all seemed to go right down to the wire..... I went to Hilton Head last year, had a great time and look forward to getting back there again this year.....

keep up the good play and hope to see you out there....

[quote name='Tmiller72' date='02 March 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1267590835' post='2289621']
I played it for 3 seasons and won the tour championshio 1 year, then the local tour I played on folded up. It's run pretty well and is a much better tour than the Golf Channel Tour IMO. I was thinking about playing again, but most tournaments are around 2 hours away. Which tour in NC has started up already?
[/quote]

first of all.... great job and congrats on your Tour Championship....after attending last year at Hilton Head for the first time.....it is quite a accomplishment to win that title in any flight....so great job....

I know that the Charlotte tour, the Raleigh Tour, Triad Tour, Pinehurst tours have all started play now......

come on and play some of the Raleigh, Triad, Pinehurst events...... we have a super Tour Director..... he stays on top of things and runs a first class operation..... we play this Saturday in the Raleigh area....weather is supposed to be good....give the tour director, Bruce a call and come on out and play.....we would love to have a shot at you champ

[quote name='OneBowTie' date='03 March 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1267596552' post='2289804']
[quote name='Tmiller72' date='02 March 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1267590835' post='2289621']
[/quote]

first of all.... great job and congrats on your Tour Championship....after attending last year at Hilton Head for the first time.....it is quite a accomplishment to win that title in any flight....so great job....

I know that the Charlotte tour, the Raleigh Tour, Triad Tour, Pinehurst tours have all started play now......

come on and play some of the Raleigh, Triad, Pinehurst events...... we have a super Tour Director..... he stays on top of things and runs a first class operation..... we play this Saturday in the Raleigh area....weather is supposed to be good....give the tour director, Bruce a call and come on out and play.....we would love to have a shot at you champ
[/quote]

Haha, Champ thats's funny. I won the year before they moved to HH when it was in Myrtle Beach. Your tour is a little far for a 1 day event, but the state Mid-Am is at Carolina CC this year so I be over there for that. Great course! Good luck to you this year!

Hey it doesn't matter if the tour championship is held in Myrtle or Hilton Head..... your win is a great accomplishment.... I was saying that I attended my first tour championship this past season and got to see just how competitive that thing is.....

I understand the drive..... but hey, check out the schedule, we do play at Bermuda Run which is in the Winston area and thats closer to you..... or look at the Charlotte tour when they play Rock Barn..... thats even closer to you..... and thats a great course....

Thanks for the well wishes..... I really enjoy the tour events and look forward to playing under competitive situations......

[/quote]

Charlotte actually started with the 1st tourney back on Feb 20th. second on is this Saturday.
Cabin Fever, jonesing to get out and play

I played the Down East NC tour for the first time last year and enjoyed it. We have tee times, not shotgun starts. I started in the B flight and played poorly the first couple of tournaments, and the director moved me to the C flight (my handicap went up two strokes last year), and I won the flight two tournaments later. My swing changes were also starting to take effect, so it was a combination of play improving and competition being a little less stiff.

Regarding pace of play, there's a two-stroke penalty for everyone in your group if your group finishes more than 20 minutes after the group in front of you.

I recommend it for sharpening your game, having fun and meeting new people. Fees are $55-$65 per tournament here.

Our first 2010 tournament is March 27 at Riverbend in Clayton.

[quote name='bermuda' date='03 March 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1267632931' post='2290335']

Regarding pace of play, there's a two-stroke penalty for everyone in your group if your group finishes more than 20 minutes after the group in front of you.

[/quote]

So if 1 hack is holding everything up, the whole group gets 2 shots?? That's nuts!

[quote name='Tmiller72' date='03 March 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1267653027' post='2291081']
[quote name='bermuda' date='03 March 2010 - 11:15 AM' timestamp='1267632931' post='2290335']

[/quote]

So if 1 hack is holding everything up, the whole group gets 2 shots?? That's nuts!
[/quote]

I think that mob rule would take over and force the slow player to own up to them being the culprit...

I did play with a guy who on two consecutive holes hit a drive that our group never found... so he had to go back and re tee twice and it slowed us down.... when the director came around and told us we were out of position the guy right away explained what happened and we were told to simply try to get back into position.... we continued a decent pace and never had a issue after that....

I don't think I have ever seen any group really timed coming in.... matter fact, most of the time the tour director is at the score board running the board and skins game.... at least at all the events and various tours I have played at....

[quote name='gomdol69' date='03 March 2010 - 01:08 PM' timestamp='1267639711' post='2290575']
I am thinking about join egolf this year starting from C or D group then work way up :) I haven't decided when I'd join but I will join with some of people whom I know. BTW, I live in Charlotte, N. C..
[/quote]

You will have a great time.... simply speak to the tour director there in Charlotte, he is a great guy and he will help get you to the proper flight....

as far as reading some things on this thread.... its not like groups are out there getting penalized or that groups are holding things up.... I have played in 25 plus events.... and if they were not fun and well run... I wouldn't have come back after the 2nd event.....

you will find mostly really good people ..... who love competition and want to test their abilities against others of like or similar abilities ..... you will not feel like a outsider....matter fact, seems like at most events there are always new players joining and coming out to play.... so you will be like most everyone else, you may not know anyone at the start of the day.... and be friends with at least 3 others by the end of the day

I highly recommend these tours to anyone who simply enjoys competitive golf and who wants to test themselves and get better......doesn't matter what skill level you are.... you will be paired with like caliber players....

Have played in the NE Georgia egolf tour the past three years, also played some events in upstate SC and of course the season ending tournament in HH. The season ending tournament is moving from 2 days to 3 days this year, which should be cool. I have to echo the comments about how well the tour Directors do ..... really well run. And the cost is far more reasonable than the other tours such as GC. I think the egolf tour is just not that well known yet, it is mostly word of mouth, since there are not any high profile sponsors or expensive advertising. They really push pace of play and also move people to the flight they belong very quickly. All things that most of us want.

[quote name='Chunkylover77' date='04 March 2010 - 03:14 PM' timestamp='1267733683' post='2293196']
Don't think my game is up for that yet. I do see they play some nice courses in my area though. Might have to think about it for next year.
[/quote]

Chunky..... I don't know what you mean by your game is not up for that yet??? This type of tour and competition is what most of us play in order to grow our game. If you score 110 or less you would fit right in ....

I just mean my nerves aren't up to it yet. This is my first year back from a long hiatus and I want to ease in before I start trying to score in a competition. I think next year I will be ready plus I'm out of work right now so my rounds will have to be at the local course with $25 twilight rates and the occasional nice course. Anyone here who wants to play in north raleigh though I am always up for it

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

[quote name='Chunkylover77' date='04 March 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1267739855' post='2293385']
I just mean my nerves aren't up to it yet. This is my first year back from a long hiatus and I want to ease in before I start trying to score in a competition. I think next year I will be ready plus I'm out of work right now so my rounds will have to be at the local course with $25 twilight rates and the occasional nice course. Anyone here who wants to play in north raleigh though I am always up for it
[/quote]

I feel your pain on the job thing..... and understand having to play budget golf.

last year I came back from a long golf layoff...but jumped right in both feet....on the nerve thing, you will find alot of great guys actually encouraging and or calming you when playing.... we are actually playing this saturday in your area at Falls Village

[quote name='Tmiller72' date='03 March 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1267653027' post='2291081']

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's a triple-bogey limit, so the hack should pick up. But like OneBowTie said, I think the tour director will give some leeway.

[quote name='DevilGolfer' date='05 March 2010 - 10:38 AM' timestamp='1267803486' post='2294755']
I just checked out the site and it seems as if it was hacked.
[/quote]

May be either your computer or an incorrect address. The site has been fine all morning.

[url="http://www.amateurgolftour.net/index.htm"]http://www.amateurgolftour.net/index.htm[/url]

[quote name='DevilGolfer' date='05 March 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1267809289' post='2294984']
It seems like it's on the schedule's page.
[url="http://www.amateurgolftour.net/allschedule.asp"]http://www.amateurgo...allschedule.asp[/url]
[/quote]

It must be your computer or browser because the schedule page looks normal. I just followed your link and the schedule page looks good.

[quote name='atlanta golfer' date='05 March 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1267809766' post='2295003']
[quote name='DevilGolfer' date='05 March 2010 - 12:14 PM' timestamp='1267809289' post='2294984']
It seems like it's on the schedule's page.
[url="http://www.amateurgolftour.net/allschedule.asp"]http://www.amateurgo...allschedule.asp[/url]
[/quote]

It must be your computer or browser because the schedule page looks normal. I just followed your link and the schedule page looks good.
[/quote]
It comes up normally for a second, but when you try to select a tour, it comes with a "Yes it's Hacked" message, with a bunch of Arabic.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x