2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Trying to convince myself to buy lostgolfballs.com

neonsohc

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play the AAA nike one platinums. Totally playable for a 3 handicapper who plays 3 or 4 times a week. Dont mind scuffing them or losing them, and you cant beat 300 balls for $89 shipped!

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

[quote name='bluedot' date='13 March 2010 - 03:16 PM' timestamp='1268518563' post='2313881']
[quote name='AWE46M3' date='12 March 2010 - 04:06 PM' timestamp='1268427983' post='2312027']
I have a psychological "thing" about playing used/lost & found golf balls. I'm not so much worried about their condition, but more so that it's bad karma or something... haha

For instance, if I hit a ball OB or into a hazard and can clearly see and retrieve it, I won't. I just have this belief that "if it ended up there, it just wasn't meant to be..." My friends think it's kind of weird but whatever; I think this is my only "superstition."
[/quote]

The other way to look at the karma of the situation is that the used/lost ball has come to you to find its true destiny. What could be better karma for your round than that?

Also, spending less money on golf and then giving away to charity the savings would be AWESOME karma on a much larger scale than your golf score.
[/quote]

i get AAA only. in 10 years of playing, i got my first hole in one with it... will never buy a new golf ball again.

well i got my order in today and i have to say i'm pleased with it. out of the 48 balls i had only 13 logo balls. in great condition just with logos. only 4 had player markings but not very noticeable after cleaning them with same acetone. still just need to get my head over the fact that these balls that i will play will have logos on them but im sure that wont be a problem after a while. just have to keep telling myself "don't think about it."

also noticed after chipping some balls in the house that these balls from LGB spin more just on chip shots. These were in comparison to the refurbished balls that i buy at target. i was surprised but curious as to why this would be. just an interesting thing i noticed comparing the 2.

[quote name='FAIRWAYFOUND!' date='10 March 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1268273943' post='2307936']
I actually like the logos. Makes your ball easier to find. they're usually random corporate logos. The balls you'll receive will look and play like new.
[/quote]

I like the logos as well. I buy the ProV1 overruns that the local shop sells. As for LGB, I've ordered from them at least a dozen times and never had a problem with the condition of the golf balls.

[quote name='dbornack' date='17 March 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1268873630' post='2323815']
[quote name='neonsohc' date='17 March 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1268873092' post='2323791']
well i got my order in today and i have to say i'm pleased with it. out of the 48 balls i had only 13 logo balls. in great condition just with logos. only 4 had player markings but not very noticeable after cleaning them with same acetone. still just need to get my head over the fact that these balls that i will play will have logos on them but im sure that wont be a problem after a while. just have to keep telling myself "don't think about it."

also noticed after chipping some balls in the house that these balls from LGB spin more just on chip shots. These were in comparison to the refurbished balls that i buy at target. i was surprised but curious as to why this would be. just an interesting thing i noticed comparing the 2.
[/quote]

So wait, which grade did you order?
[/quote]

i ordered the AAAAA mint condition. you can't tell they aren't new golf balls unless they have pen markings on them.

[quote name='neonsohc' date='17 March 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1268873092' post='2323791']
[/quote]

Typically (from what I've seen), those refurbished balls from Target are refinished with a lower quality cover compared to the real thing.

[quote name='tmfan54' date='15 March 2010 - 05:50 PM' timestamp='1268689814' post='2317839']
anyone have pics of the AAA grade? I'm about to make my order for the year and have always been very happy with the AAAA grade, but some balls are really cheap in price in the AAA and i would like to see some pics to see if i would game a AAA grade ball.
[/quote]

Just received 50 B330 (AAA), and 48 Zstars (36 AAA, 12 AAAA) for $83. The picture below are organized by row. The top and bottom are AAA, the middle is AAAA. Can't tell much difference.

Driver- Cally Mavrik SZ 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black, S
3wd- Cally Flash SZ, UST ATTAS Elements, S
Hybrids- Cally Flash 18* & Apex Pro 24* Matrix HM3 95 Black Tie, S
Irons- TM 790 4-6,  TM 760 6-PW,  Steelfiber i95, S
GW- TM  770, Modus 105 S
SW/LW- Cally MD3, Modus 105 S
Putter- Cameron Futura

[quote name='tburchell' date='18 March 2010 - 03:16 AM' timestamp='1268896619' post='2324505']
[quote name='neonsohc' date='17 March 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1268873092' post='2323791']
[/quote]

Typically (from what I've seen), those refurbished balls from Target are refinished with a lower quality cover compared to the real thing.
[/quote]

that's what i figured. i imagined they had to strip off the original paint and clear coat to reprint the script and then clear coat it again. so im sure that has to cut down some spin on the short shots.

[quote name='neonsohc' date='17 March 2010 - 07:44 PM' timestamp='1268873092' post='2323791']
still just need to get my head over the fact that these balls that i will play will have logos on them but im sure that wont be a problem after a while. just have to keep telling myself "don't think about it."
[/quote]

I kinda had the same problem. I started using the logoed ones as my provisional ball, after a questionable shot. My thinking was if I have a real flaw and I lose another, it's just one of these logo balls. As usual, once the pressure is off I make a perfect swing. On those times I have a repeat, I have a very easy way of identifying my original from my provisional as well. I am now 'over' my phobia of playing the odd logo ball.

Titleist 915D3 9.5
Titleist AP3
Vokey SM8 52/56/60
Odyssey O Works Red #7

[quote name='efduffer' date='19 March 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1269016329' post='2327233']
still just need to get my head over the fact that these balls that i will play will have logos on them but im sure that wont be a problem after a while. just have to keep telling myself "don't think about it."
[/quote]

I kinda had the same problem. I started using the logoed ones as my provisional ball, after a questionable shot. My thinking was if I have a real flaw and I lose another, it's just one of these logo balls. As usual, once the pressure is off I make a perfect swing. On those times I have a repeat, I have a very easy way of identifying my original from my provisional as well. I am now 'over' my phobia of playing the odd logo ball.
[/quote]

well i made it through the whole day yesterday playing with a ball that had a dr pepper logo on it. and to my surprise it did not bother me. i just placed the ball on the tee in a way that i would not see the logo and it wouldnt distract me. when i putted i always place the ball where i only see white. so it wasnt as bad as i thought. like i said i have a very weird mind. something just isnt right with me.

The Logos don't bother me at all, and it actually helps to find the ball IF I just happen to hit one a little wayward *cough* next to someone else!

I bought both 4A and 5A, and they are VERY similar, at least the ones I've gotten.
I don't figure on buying balls anywhere else, I really don't see the point unless I want to try a specific ball THAT day(which doesn't happen).

I have bought AA Pro V1's and V1x's and most were playable. The AAA B330's and TP reds I bought were all preatty good and playable. I bought lower grade because I was wanting to try a bunch of the premium balls without paying an arm and a leg. Now that I know I like the TP reds the best, I plan on ordering more and higher grade. I'll never buy new balls again.

Cobra Orange Bio Cell 'ahina 70
Adams 3446-F 16* Diamana Redboard 73 (Tour issue)
Adams Super LS XTD Fairway 19* Matrix 7X3 White Tie (Tour issue)
Adams Super Hybrid XTD Ti 21* Fubuki Axe
Ping i20 5-UW KBS Tour
Callaway X-forged MD C-grind 53* and 58* KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Squareback w/ Salty Jumbo

I haven't bought a new golf ball in a while since I found Lostgolfballs.com. I usually get 4A, but occassionally get 3A. 90% of the 4A look brand new, with about 30% having logos. I actually wish more of them came with logos, as it saves me from having to mark them myself! The 3A's are more than good enough, with 80% looking brand new, more with logos and some sharpie marks, and about 20% have a tiny scuff. And by tiny I mean usually just one little scuff mark. I believe anything more than one little scuff mark with be rated lower. I order Callaway ix and Bridgestone 330's. Saves a ton, and I try to get the bags or buckets when my brand/model is on sale, so you save on shipping over $75 bucks and on bulk. If you pay for shipping you tend to lose out on some of the savings, so either order in bulk or have your friends order together with you. Can't beat the price and quality. No reason to buy brand new, these 4A's look exactly the same!

got my shipment in yesterday. out of 148 taylormade tp red ldp AAA there were less than 4 logos. in the 100 box of them there was only 1 logo, in the 4 dozen i ordered there were three. i ordered 8 dozen AAAA pro v's and probably around 1/4-1/3 were logos. some are very small tho or initials, not really logos.

This thread persuaded me to give a sympathetic look to the LGB site. The prices are sure attractive.

But they advertise that they scour the waterways of the world's courses. I seem to recall reading somewhere that balls that have sat in the water for a certain length of time - possibly all winter? - lose a bit of performance compared to a ball that was 10 minutes ago NIB.

Has this been a concern to any current or potential customer of LGB? Maybe I'm just a nut. But if I thought, somewhere in the back of my pea brain, that there'd be greater inter-box variability in performance between a dozen LGBs than between a dozen Z-Stars right out of the box, it would probably shatter my tempo.

[quote name='Shadrach' date='26 March 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1269605524' post='2341835']
This thread persuaded me to give a sympathetic look to the LGB site. The prices are sure attractive.

But they advertise that they scour the waterways of the world's courses. I seem to recall reading somewhere that balls that have sat in the water for a certain length of time - possibly all winter? - lose a bit of performance compared to a ball that was 10 minutes ago NIB.

Has this been a concern to any current or potential customer of LGB? Maybe I'm just a nut. But if I thought, somewhere in the back of my pea brain, that there'd be greater inter-box variability in performance between a dozen LGBs than between a dozen Z-Stars right out of the box, it would probably shatter my tempo.
[/quote]

Look earlier in this thread - there is a mention of this. Something about a PhD friend saying the covers do [u]not[/u] soak up the moisture and the performance is not altered. I'd love to see a real study on this issue.

"Excuses are the nails that build the house of failure."

I seriousy doubt you'd even notice a difference. Ive been playing balls from LGB for over a year now and they are fine. Ive played the 4A, 3A, and even some of the 2A's, and they are all fine. Order a dozen and drop and compaire them to new balls, and I think the only thing you'd notice is that with new balls, your wallet would be lighter.

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

First time ordering 3 Dz Bridgestone E6+ AAAAA from LGB.com and I was WAY more then pleased.
Of the 36 balls, the three worst I put along the top row.
2 logos and 1 sharpie dot. Of the 33 others, I would challenge anyone to pick these out if I mixed in NIB balls.

LGB will by my only source as long as they deliver product like this.