2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Ogio Ozone vs. Ogio Grom....

I have an Ogio Syncro, and I'd like a stand bag as well. Something smaller.

I'm thinking Ogio Ozone. The one I saw at GS the other day didn't have feet on the bottom of the legs, much like this picture:

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category/viewzoomimg.jsp?img=/images/golf/products/bags/stand/ogio/13980/cfli-blackplaid.jpg

However, on Ogio's site and Carlsgolfland, you get this picture:

http://www.carlsgolfland.com/shop/popup_image.php?type=D&id=24797&title=OGIO%20OZONE%20STAND%20BAG%202010&area=C

Which shows feet.

So which is it?

Also, very interested in the Grom as well, but I'm not sure if it would basically just be a Syncro with legs. I DO really really like the zipperless ball pocket on it though.

Decisions Decisions.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got an Ogio Ozone bag and it doesn't have the feet. I bought this last year. I think the latter picture might be showing the 2010 model of the Ozone bag.

My WITB
Callaway Epic 10.5º
Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19º, 22º, 25º
Srixon Z545 (6 to PW)
Titleist Vokey SM6 50º, 54º
Taylormade Hi Toe 58º
Taylormade Tour Black Spider
Titleist ProV1

I have an ozone bag and while i like the pockets, layout and divider system i absolutely hate the legs on it. Mine sag like crazy when your walking, the tension bar does nothing to remedy this, the legs on mine cross over when retracting (regardless of tension), they often get stuck together when being deployed because of the crossing over, they very often don't deploy far enough from the bag and i will hear the crash of my bag hitting the deck when im about to play a shot.

In short the bag drives me nuts and i have tried a number of things to sort it out but nothing has worked. If you are seriously considering buying an ogio bag, buy one from somehwere you can actually try out the one your going to take home, ensure the legs work and make sure they don't sit too close together when they are not deployed.

Its a shame because the bag is actually the best laid out bag i have owned, i am actively looking to replace it but im yet to find one that is as slickly set up. I almost settled on buying a Callaway Warbird bag today until i realised how bloody stupid the umbrella holder is, the way it is laid out the umbrella handle sits up as high as your driver (i live in the UK so a brolly is an essential item, even in the summer), what the hells up with that? Stupid stupid design, all the new Callaway bags, even the top end ones had the same set up, makes no sense at all.

Rant over.

Looking at reviews of the 2009 Ozone, they say the legs are far better now and retract fully. I am in the market for a new bag and trying to decide between the Ozone or Grom. I mostly walk, about 80% and leaning toward lighter Ozone. I have had Sun Mountain 3.5 - Good bag, not much storage, I didn't really like the straps and the legs stopped working after 2 seasons. Callaway Chev 18 - won one and don't like the strap system, legs are great and snap up, the pockets are Ok. I just put on the white 3 Gen grips and my putter, which is black, rubs against the other woods and got black marks on the grips. I need something with a putter well and the Ogio's seem to have a great layout for the clubs.

Anyone have a newer Ozone? How do the legs work?

Thanks,
Mike

The 2010 Ogio's have feet.

If you walk a lot get the Ozone. If you ride more get the Grom.

Or you can do what I did and get the Grom because I ride mostly and bought a lighter weight Titleist bag for a quick walking 9.

Titleist TSR2 10* Hzrdus Red
Titleist TS2 15* Tensei AV Blue 
Titleist TS2 18* Tensei AV Blue
Titleist Hybrid (816) 23* Basarra HL 
Titleist AP1 718 5-GW 48Tensei Red
Vokey 52.08, 56.10 SM9
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 35”
Tiltleist 14 Hybrid
Titleist Pro V1

• 2 weeks later...

Had the same leg problem with mine.... they would not close all the way. Could not get used to it.. gave it o the first tee foundation.

Driver: To temperamental
3 wood: Callaway Razar Fit 15
5 wood: Callaway Razar Fit 18
Hybrid: Adams Pro Gold 16, 20, 24
Irons: Mizzy 825 5-pw
Wedges: Mizzy 53 GW
Putter: TPM 16 or Wilson tour special

Just ordered this bag from Carlsgolfland for $140. It's the 2010 Ogio ozone version so the legs should work fine.

[attachment=577694:ozone_prizmata_10_500x-150x150.jpg]

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

I have a 2010 Ozone charcoal stealth color. The legs do NOT have "feet" on them. Most of the stock Ogio pictures that are used by the retailers depict them with feet, but they are not there on the real thing. Must have been a production change before they hit the sales floor.

To answer the original question, I debated for about a month between the Ozone and Grom. I like the Grom better but the bottom line is the Ozone is not only lighter, it hangs better on my shoulders and doesn't feel as bulky. Since I walk about 80% of the time, I chose the Ozone. Great bag so far.

Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
MP-54 3-7 Nippon 1150 S
MP-5 8-PW Nippon 1150 S
MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
T.P. Mills Softtail

[quote name='cheeks' date='21 April 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1271828619' post='2391784']
I have a 2010 Ozone charcoal stealth color. The legs do NOT have "feet" on them. Most of the stock Ogio pictures that are used by the retailers depict them with feet, but they are not there on the real thing. Must have been a production change before they hit the sales floor.

To answer the original question, I debated for about a month between the Ozone and Grom. I like the Grom better but the bottom line is the Ozone is not only lighter, it hangs better on my shoulders and doesn't feel as bulky. Since I walk about 80% of the time, I chose the Ozone. Great bag so far.
[/quote]

Really, no feet? That stinks. I will have to reconsider my order then. I could get last years model a lot cheaper.

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

I almost got the 2009 because it was a lot cheaper, but 2 things made me go with 2010:

1. Stealth color scheme. I wanted it.

2. To a lesser extent, I decided the magnetized scorecard holder would be a great thing to have. I will carry my cell phone in it and won't worry about it falling out. I use the phone for GPS on the course and it's easy in and out....and secure...access when it's in that pocket. I could glue magnets on the old model, I guess, but they'd look bad and eventually they would fall off. The magnets on the 2010 are between fabric layers and they're not going anywhere.

You'll be getting a good bag whichever year model you decide on.

Mizuno MP-650 10.5* Driver, Orochi Red
MP-650 3w 15*, hybrid 19*,Orochi Red S
MP-54 3-7 Nippon 1150 S
MP-5 8-PW Nippon 1150 S
MP-R12 52* and 56*, DG Spinner
T.P. Mills Softtail

Yep, got my 2010 Ogio ozone today and it didn't have the footpads on the legs. I was kind of PO'd. I called gppgolf.com, where I bought my bag since Carl's was out of stock. They didn't know why the bag didn't have footpads, but they contacted ogio who said the foot pads just snap on and they are going to send me some?

I don't know if this sounds right but I guess I will wait and see.