My Byron

kyle_m1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle is right on. Give him a call. He does do some refinishing and restyling and does it very well. I think it is probably on a case by case basis. I have a pile of heads just waiting to be sent, just need to do it. Procrastinator?????????? Nah................right.

Give him a call, you'll probably find just what you want.

LaMont in AZ

cant wait for the pics!

First of all, :crazy: to the board. Pics are on the first page. Feel free to actually read the posts before commenting. ;)

where is you byron???

I KNOW!!! I just talked to him on Friday, which was actually our first conversation--everything had been done through email up till that point (hell of a nice guy). He wanted some clarification on one of my stamping requests (beruo on the sole). He also just got some new headcovers in, so I got a crack at one of those, and I also ordered an additional Dale Head 9 for myself--I was actually getting jealous of my daughter's putter. :yahoo: I'll be posting as soon as I get mine, hopefully soon.

:hi:

cant wait for the pics!

First of all, :crazy: to the board. Pics are on the first page. Feel free to actually read the posts before commenting. ;)

where is you byron???

I KNOW!!! I just talked to him on Friday, which was actually our first conversation--everything had been done through email up till that point (hell of a nice guy). He wanted some clarification on one of my stamping requests (beruo on the sole). He also just got some new headcovers in, so I got a crack at one of those, and I also ordered an additional Dale Head 9 for myself--I was actually getting jealous of my daughter's putter. :yahoo: I'll be posting as soon as I get mine, hopefully soon.

i cant wait!!! i think that i am jealous of you daughter's putter too!!!! are you getting your name on your putter cover?

byron is the best.... i have Known him for a long time.. i think my first putter from him was made in 92 or something like that.. i have been down to his shop a lot and i love going there to see all the stuff he has been working on.. i feel like a kid in a candy shop!!!!

i cant wait!!! i think that i am jealous of you daughter's putter too!!!! are you getting your name on your putter cover?

byron is the best.... i have Known him for a long time.. i think my first putter from him was made in 92 or something like that.. i have been down to his shop a lot and i love going there to see all the stuff he has been working on.. i feel like a kid in a candy shop!!!!

Wow--you're old school like LaMont! I felt like an idiot talking to him on the phone because I hadn't heard of him until just recently--'course my putter knowledge extended to whatever was on the shelf at GolfGalaxy until a few years back! ;) (NOT a dig at GG people! :crazy: ). But like I said, he was great to talk to and didn't make me feel dumb at all. Definitely need to check out his shop though!

I didn't know about or even think to ask him to put my name on the cover. If he surprises me, great--if not, I think I'll be just fine (not sure if getting my name put on would jeopardize my amateur status though :yahoo: ).

Wow--you're old school like LaMont! I felt like an idiot talking to him on the phone because I hadn't heard of him until just recently--'course my putter knowledge extended to whatever was on the shelf at GolfGalaxy until a few years back! ;) (NOT a dig at GG people! :crazy: ). But like I said, he was great to talk to and didn't make me feel dumb at all. Definitely need to check out his shop though!

I didn't know about or even think to ask him to put my name on the cover. If he surprises me, great--if not, I think I'll be just fine (not sure if getting my name put on would jeopardize my amateur status though :yahoo: ).

just about ever CA kids has had a byron or john byron putter in this bag!!! he has been good to all the kids down here....

Byron is the most underrated putter maker around. A few months ago I created a topic telling about his relationship with Scotty Cameron. Pretty interesting stuff. Here's some pics of my own custom byron and a link to the topic with my review. simply the best....

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22507&hl=

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

You won't regret it. The one he made me has the style of a My Day, only carbon steel and dark gun blue. The milling marks are gorgeous! Not sure if there is a single thing on it that I would change.

Keep us posted.

Now I need to get off my butt and get the putter heads sent to Byron for restoration. I keep talking with him about it, but haven't gotten to the post office, yet.

Procrastinator? BIG TIME.

Enjoy the process, Kyle.

LaMont in AZ

I'd love to have a byron handmade, but I couldn't handle the stress over which becomes my gamer. I can't switch putters and expect to perform well especially when I like both sticks.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

You are lucky to have that problem and resist the tempation to go hog-wild and buy every putter that strikes your fancy.

My wall is covered with putters and so are my staff bags all around the room. They all call out to me, every time I start setting the bag for a round.

Consistency? Hell, I am married. I get all the consistency I need right here at home. Same yard, same family car, same furniture.................Golf and my equipment gives me the variety I need in one facet of my life. I know, lame excuse, but it'll do for now.

Feel the pull and resist the custom Byron..........................for now.

LaMont in AZ

You are lucky to have that problem and resist the tempation to go hog-wild and buy every putter that strikes your fancy.

My wall is covered with putters and so are my staff bags all around the room. They all call out to me, every time I start setting the bag for a round.

Consistency? Hell, I am married. I get all the consistency I need right here at home. Same yard, same family car, same furniture.................Golf and my equipment gives me the variety I need in one facet of my life. I know, lame excuse, but it'll do for now.

Feel the pull and resist the custom Byron..........................for now.

LaMont in AZ

HAHAHA! I know! so true LaMont. I'm thinking either a handmade old school style or a 365proto without the sound slot with some sort of aged looking finish. A good project for this winter.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys

where is you byron???

I got it yesterday! :yahoo:

I'll be doing my own picture thread shortly, but DAY-UM his putters are nice. The milling on the face of my putter is super, super fine (finer than even the Scotty AC VII, which is very fine), neck turned out very nice, and is just so damned perdy. I played it this morning and was doubley impressed. Right now, it is my starting putter (says a lot for me as I've been merry-go-rounding it since March :yahoo: ).

beruo

where is you byron???

I'll be doing my own picture thread shortly, but DAY-UM his putters are nice. The milling on the face of my putter is super, super fine (finer than even the Scotty AC VII, which is very fine), neck turned out very nice, and is just so damned perdy. I played it this morning and was doubley impressed. Right now, it is my starting putter (says a lot for me as I've been merry-go-rounding it since March :yahoo: ).

beruo

You have to put some pics up... cant wait to see it.. he makes the best putters......

just talked to him about a hand made JAT putter..

good luck with it cant wait to see it

where is you byron???

beruo

where are the pics???????????????????????????????