2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

P4D's What's in the Bag

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally is right. You should have done this a long time ago. Funny thing is Beruo, Riuzzi and I were talking about your putter just last night in chat!

Great looking set up! and I love that putter! :friends:

Thanks much...it took me a while to get it all together and it's somewhat set. I couldn't be happier with the irons/shaft combo.

I've tried the J33 460 and didn't like it nearly as much as the 420 (I guess I'm in the minority).

I think I'm going to pull the 3i in favor of an Airmuscle 3 and then throw a J33 hybrid in there (instead of the 19 AM).

BTW: Hope you guys were saying good things about my baby! I need to stop by the Chat...do folks swing by often?

Thanks much...it took me a while to get it all together and it's somewhat set. I couldn't be happier with the irons/shaft combo.

I've tried the J33 460 and didn't like it nearly as much as the 420 (I guess I'm in the minority).

I think I'm going to pull the 3i in favor of an Airmuscle 3 and then throw a J33 hybrid in there (instead of the 19 AM).

BTW: Hope you guys were saying good things about my baby! I need to stop by the Chat...do folks swing by often?

For sure..all good about your baby. I love the looks of it. As for chat...there's a few of us regulars usually there every evening. If you can get past the gentle teasing, there's a lot of good info to be shared. :friends:

Great bag Putt. I've been a fan of your putters for a while. Pitbull was asking about plumber-necked traditions and I just "happened" to remember that you had 2. Great putters, much like the ones I hope to add to my bag (or alternatively, collection) on day. And as for the rest of your bag, I respect any righty bag that cannot be duplicated lefty, and once you get the sonartec wedges in . . . you'll have me trumped. :friends: Through whom did you get your irons refinished, iron factory (like that english)? They look nice. And Reid's correct about chat--once you get past the shots to the rib, it can be a little fun. :idhitit:

beruo

:hi:

Thanks for all the kind words. I just wish you call could hit those irons and roll a few with the Mill's putters! It's a real treat.

As for the refinishing, these guys did it:

http://www.kjpolishing.com/

I think a refinish and regroove cost about $19 a head (compared with ~ $40 from Golfworks). They did a great job and this is the 2nd set I've sent them. I had an old set of Titleist Tour Models and they did an incredible job restoring them to the original bling!

Oh, I'll be sure to join you guys in Chat sometime soon. I need something to do while the wife is watching CSI!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice set. Beautiful set of irons. :yahoo:

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]

• 1 month later...

Very nice. How do you like the Black Gold shafts?

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

Very nice. How do you like the Black Gold shafts?

Love 'em. They take a little getting used to b/c they feel completely different that DG's. But they're smooth, precise, and launch the ball on a great trajectory without ballooning. All in all, if you can get used to the feel, they're definitely 'keepers'.

• 1 month later...

i love that putter. its absolutely perfect. great finish on those 33's. ive been thinking about getting a J33. how do you like it with the accra shaft?

Funny you should ask b/c since this was posted, I've gone to a J33P w/ Fuji Tour Spec 771ta. BUT, my J33R w/Accra SE80 is on it's way back home. Come home to daddy, sweet heart!

I believe the current keeper of my J33R (opus_mh) described it as 'controlled violence'. If you want to see places on a golf course you've never been, get an SE80. I will caution you...it's quite tip heavy and will increase the SW of whatever you put it in. But it is the longest, most precise, and accurate shaft I've ever played. For the record, the J33P w/771ta is easiest to hit combo I've ever owned---I can't say that about the J33R/SE80.

A few updates to the bag....

Bridgestone J33P 9.5 w/ 771ta

Bridgestone J33 15* 3wd w/TRTI

Titleist 585PT 18* w/100g V2

Tourstage z101's 3-P...currently w/S300...changing to ?

Ahhh z101's...!!!!

How do you find them?

I absolutely love them - although I've put a horrible ding in my 7 iron :D

I find when I nail them that they hit the ball very high, and pretty long, especially my 7-PW. But they are such great feeling irons, think I'll have them for a LONG time. :cheesy: :crazy: :cry: ;)

• 2 months later...

Well, it's been a while so I thought it's time for an update....

New Irons: Srixon I506's 3-PW....yep, the sole says 'shovel', but address they're all player! Very workable, very easy to control the height of shots, and very soft feeling forgings. If you're considering a player's cavity---these should be near the top of your list.

Fairways:

Sonartect SS 3.5 15* and 19* w/Fuji TRTI46. This combo is just unbelievable! Incredibly precise, tight, high launching----just perfection in a FW.

Driver:

The neverending search for the perfect driver contintues, currently play testing:

Nakashima NP1 460 w/ Grafalloy Axis: Just a beautiful set up. Looks like a 460cc version of a 905S and launches like it too! The Axis is unreal. Smooth, precise, high launching, and I don't feel at all like I'm overpowering it. Do yourself a favor and try one! Silly good shaft from Grafalloy. The Nak driver is still up in the air....beautiful set up, as long as anything I've ever hit, but it lacks the feel I'm looking for.....did I say this combo was LONG?

Bridgestone J33 460 9.5* w/ Diamana 73: Still the best feeling 460 I've ever tried and WICKED long! The leading candidate for my permanent gamer (whatever that means?).

Very nice setup. How are the Sonartec wedges? I've always wanted to try some. How does the finish wear?

If you should ever feel the need to sell that putter, consider it sold to me! ;)

Thanks much.

Well...the Sonartecs are the nicest retail wedges I've ever played. The finish hasn't worn at all and is a terrific 'anti-glare' satin. The grind is ridiculousy versatile, the milled faces are amazing, and the forged feel is REAL soft. When these wear out, it's a no brainer---I'm going back for 2 more Sonartecs!

Oh, and that putter will be buried with me.... :drinks:

do u stil have thoose mp-33's and if so how much could i buy them from u for

Sorry, the MP33's were sold a while back....

• 5 weeks later...

very nice setup! as you can tell by my bag, i'm a big fan of yours :drinks:

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G30 LS Tec 10.5*, Tour 65[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping Anser 14.5* fairway [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping Anser 17*, 20* Hybrids[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G30 4-SW, CFS [/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=3]Mack Daddy PM grind 58*[/size][/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=3]Ping CTR Tomcat C heavy 34"[/size][/color][/font]