2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Two Scottys, TM Rescue, TM Wedges, TM Driver

Ping Putters, Odyssey Putter
Hi all, thanks for checking out my ad. Since I have recently earned my 75 posting status I would like to post for sale some items that I've collected over the years. Before I get to specifics I would like to thank the owners, operators, patrons, and guests of this fine website. I have learned a ton about a game that I love, gotten some great deals on equipment, and greatly appreciate this fine resource that is available to us free of charge.

Feel free to PM offers, the worst I can say is no. Everything not sold in a week or so will be placed on Ebay but I'd like to offer them to my friends on this site first. All items include shipping and will ship USPS Priority the day after Paypal is received. If you require tracking, insurance, or other shipping methods please specify when we're agreeing to the deal. I have pretty good feedback on here and 100% on Ebay on over 100 sales (Orangeblade). Please feel free to ask me any questions and I'd be happy to email more pictures or information.

Trade interests: CG12/CG15 wedges, Vokey Wedges, Newer TM Drivers, SC putters.

Edit: SC Monterey removed due to questions of legitimacy. Sorry, not my intention to deceive anyone. Pictures left for reference.

Next is a 35" Scotty Cameron X5. Putter has two minor dings, one on the top line, the other on the bottom line in the center of the putter. Otherwise putter is in really good shape. Red Baby T grip and headcover included. I've only rolled about 10 putts with it before realizing it wasn't for me. $110.00

Taylormade R5XL Draw 460 driver. I've had this for years and don't think I've ever hit a ball with it. Face shows absolutely no wear. Some brush marks on the sole. I'm pretty sure I used this in my basement to practice my swing a few years ago but never on a range or a course. It came with a set of clubs I bought maybe 5 years ago and are long gone. Fujijura Regular Flex shaft, Original Grip still in good shape, headcover included. Loft is 9.5. $60.00

Taylormade Rescue 09 TP 4/22*. Face shows very little wear. The picture of the sole makes it look way worse than it really is, I just looked at it and its very clean. I bought this new and probably hit about 10 balls with it. Buyer has choice of Aldila Vodoo SVS8 or XVS8 Shaft. If the buyer wants both we can definately work something out. $125.00

Ping I-series Zing putter. This was my first real putter before I caught the SC bug. 35". Face and sole in just about perfect shape. Original Ping orange and black grip a little dirty but feels great. Original magnetic headcover included. $50.00

Ping I-series Answer 4 putter. This is (I am told) a rare factory 36" putter. I bought this new when I was told by a *pro* that I needed a 36" putter. It's the first 36" I could find. Original Ping stickers on shaft, original black and orange ping grip. I hit maybe 20 putts with this before realizing it wasn't for me. Pretty much perfect condition and includes magnetic headcover. $70.00

Odyssey White Hot #1 Putter. 35". Very good shape overall. Face very clean. Original Black and White Odyssey grip in great shape. I have the original White Hot headcover that is pretty beat up, not sure how that happened since the putter is very clean. I will include an additional like new White Hot XG cover with poker chip along with the original cover. $50.00

Last is a set of TM Tour Burner Wedges - Approach, Sand, and Lob. These are in fantastic shape since I've never used them. I don't think the Sand and Lob have ever hit a ball. Burner 105 Stiff Flex shafts with TM Golfpride Tour Velvet grips. $50.00 each or $135 for the set.

Thanks again for looking!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='jtitleist12' timestamp='1280115152' post='2599089']
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe your Scotty Cameron California Monterey is fake!

-Josh
[/quote]

I concur, shouldn't be shrink-wrapped, plus the 'sun' on the sole doesn't quite look right. Might have someone look at it in person that would know.
Good luck.

[quote name='zo0m27' timestamp='1280115469' post='2599099']
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I believe your Scotty Cameron California Monterey is fake!

-Josh
[/quote]

I concur, shouldn't be shrink-wrapped, plus the 'sun' on the sole doesn't quite look right. Might have someone look at it in person that would know.
Good luck.
[/quote]

I was a little skeptical of it myself but I looked it over very closely and compared it to my other SC's. I can't see anything about it that looks fake. I did hear about the head being wrapped in plastic as a giveaway. I also can't find any info online about fake Montereys. The headcover looks totally real. Can someone give me more information on what to look for? The *last* thing I want to do is sell a fake club on here. Please no one send me any offers on the Monterey until this is confirmed.

Thanks!

[quote name='zo0m27' timestamp='1280115469' post='2599099']

-Josh
[/quote]

Good luck.
[/quote]

Good spot. The sun is deff off. If you look at the sole on the SC website, the sun goes all the way to the "F" in California...yours clearly does it. Sorry bro, you have a fake!

One of things I notice are that the weights seem to be wrong... the red ring looks too thick compared to what is on the Scotty web site. Second, many of the letters in "Scotty Cameron" on the headcover don't look as clean was what you usually see on an SC cover. Of course, not having yours a another one in hand to do a side-by-side comparison makes it tough to say for sure.

Titleist TSR4, 8*, Motore X F1 7S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/10 & 58/10 Raw, DG X7
Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion
Ball - Titleist Pro V1X left dash

I don't think the "sun" goes all the way to the "F" in California because I have an authentic one I purchased from Golfsmith. Here is a picture of the sole. However, I would question the shrink wrapped head and possibly the headcover. Did you buy this putter retail? It doesn't shock me if they have already started making fake Monterey's. Good luck though!

DSC01137.JPG

I took a few extra pictures, including the label of the HC. The HC looks almost identical to the 6 other SC's HC's I have. The line of the weights does look a little different than my Studio Select. I know who donated the putter to the outing, I will be checking with them in the AM. Sorry again for all the confusion. If its fake its a good one since its got me totally confused. I do see the differences now. Thanks again to everyone who chimed in, yet another reason why I love this site.
[attachment=632314:SC4.JPG]
[attachment=632315:SC5.JPG]
[attachment=632316:SC6.JPG]

I'm struggling to see how this is fake. I get the whole argument about the head being shrink wrapped and it seems like everyone has teed off on that. But, given that this is kind of a wearable finish, wouldn't it make sense here to have it be shrink wrapped?

Can an actual owner of one confirm this?

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1280141283' post='2599358']
I'm struggling to see how this is fake. I get the whole argument about the head being shrink wrapped and it seems like everyone has teed off on that. But, given that this is kind of a wearable finish, wouldn't it make sense here to have it be shrink wrapped?

Can an actual owner of one confirm this?
[/quote]

They never come from the factory with shrink wrap...period. That would mean someone else did it themselves, which seems highly unlikely.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='grochol17' timestamp='1280115994' post='2599116']
One of things I notice are that the weights seem to be wrong... the red ring looks too thick compared to what is on the Scotty web site. Second, many of the letters in "Scotty Cameron" on the headcover don't look as clean was what you usually see on an SC cover. Of course, not having yours a another one in hand to do a side-by-side comparison makes it tough to say for sure.
[/quote]

The rings around the weights do seem to be too thick...especially when compared to the pic that another wrx'er posted in this thread. It sucks if someone donated a fake scotty for a giveaway.

TM R1 w/ Fubuki Alpha Adams XTD ti 14.5 w/ red tie Adams Pnt 20* w/ Matrix Altus Nike Covert forged 4-Gw w/ Nippon SPB Betti BB54 Skull & Crossbones Vokey TVD M 54* & Scratch DW 58*

Regarding the headcover, the things I noticed that don't look right:

1) the "S" in Scotty is asymmetric
2) the "Y" in scotty is higher than the two "t"s
3) the "M" in cameron is taller than the "E" next to it

as best I can tell from the cameron web site, you can draw a line across the top and bottom of all the letters and they each touch the lines, but don't go over. As I mentioned before, I don't have an authentic one in hand to compare it to, but the manufacturing tolerances should be pretty high since this is done by machine and there shouldn't be much variation from the original.

Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion

[quote name='Stinger82' timestamp='1280147771' post='2599418']
[quote name='grochol17' timestamp='1280115994' post='2599116']
[/quote]

The rings around the weights do seem to be too thick...especially when compared to the pic that another wrx'er posted in this thread. It sucks if someone donated a fake scotty for a giveaway.
[/quote]

I bought a Monterey last week on the UK fleabay site and it never crossed my mind that it was fake ... until it arrived and I opened it and noticed:

- the shaft decal label was on the front of the shaft !
- the grip and head had a cheap nasty shrink wrap
- the finish and milling on the face was amateurish
- the honey-dip colouring wasn't right, nor was the colour of the lettering

And best of all - it had a "bar code" on the grip and a label with Newport Detour typed on it !

Needless to say its going back to the seller. Serves me right for trying to save a few £s. It does look remarkably like the one pictured above so clearly there are a number of fake Montereys out there - so caveat emptor.

thats a pretty darn good fake!

look at the sun and how it intersects the "o" and the flying bird. on the real one the sun nearly splits the bird in the middle, and in the fake only goes until halfway down the left wing. also, the "o" in monterey is intersected by the sun a little, not so on the fake.

the fit and finish of the one for sale definitely looks off. the engraving and paint fill just look kinda sloppy when compared next to the real thing.

sorry man. if somebody is donating fake putters to outings, i would definitely make sure to call them out.

[quote name='generalbolg' timestamp='1280148661' post='2599437']

sorry man. if somebody is donating fake putters to outings, i would definitely make sure to call them out.
[/quote]

Do NOT call them out until you suspect that they had an idea that it was fake. That's not cool at all. If it fooled people on this site, it would fool a regular dude in a heartbeat. Def let him know about it though. If he did know it was fake, all bets are off. Do whatever necessary.

[quote name='turkey' timestamp='1280159626' post='2599726']
almost all the fakes have the ring around the wights way too thick, but does the magnet test work on the California line I'm assuming it would?
[/quote]

What magnet test?

Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion

Now I don't own a Scotty, but from what others are saying I noticed too that:
1) The HC lettering stitching is not very level and looks sloppy
2) The sun on the bottom looks too "orangey" vs. the real one that is lighter colored and more golden
3) The weight rings are def. too thick

Titleist TSi2 9* - Ventus Red TR

Callaway Rogue ST Max 18*

TM SIM2 Max 22*

Titleist T200 4-GW

Vokey SM9 54*/58*

Odyssey MXM #7

Another thing that caught my eye...Every Scotty I've ever seen come new in plastic baggie has Cameron's logos (7 point crown, studio design, studio style, etc.) plastered all over the bag. I've never seen a titleist bag like that holding a brand new Scotty. But if someone donated it, then all bets are off.

**It has been a couple of years since I've seen a new in bag Cameron though!**

BTW, I am about 99.9% sure the headcover is authentic. I think that it looks a little off because it was 'smushed' in the packaging and is a bit deformed. It is starting to go back to its original shape. We compared it to another california headcover and its identical. This fake is very, very good. I rolled a few putts with it and it feels solid. I'm not actually convinced it is fake. Going to call Titleist with the SN.

Magnets won't stick to the studio select line, but they will stick to the fakes. If you google fake cameron studio selects it will show you how the paint fill around the weights is a lot wider and and how the shaft band isn't out of sight from address. I hope yours is legit or at least you can exchange it for one that is.

Also, on my del mar I purchased, it came in a Scotty Cameron bag that had the script and said something like fine milled putters or something like that. It did not come in a titleist bag.

The head wasn't wrapped, but the grip was. The bar code was by the bottom of the grip. The funny thing was that I used the redlaser app on the iPhone (reads barcodes with the camera and compares prices) and it registered as a Scotty Cameron del mar and listed local retailers like golfsmith and golf galaxy. You could always try that since most bar code readers will recognize the legit scotty barcode