Yes callie question

bjackson

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are available either or when I purchased mine. Im not 100% on current models as I have not yet seen the Callie-F come into our store, but I know we still receive both styles at the store in the regular Callie model.

Personally I wished I would of waited a bit more when getting mine to get the one with the sightline instead of having to send mine in to get it done.

Pete

Its amazing that you are asking this now because I just received my callie from Gsmith 2 days ago. It took me a minute to realize that there was NO sightline at all. I'm going to hold onto it (mainly because my wife bought it for me). But, I was surprised and would be interested to know if this indicates any difference in the age, version, etc.

Okay, this may get a little lengthy but it should explain all of the sightline questions. Here goes. About a year ago, I bought a Callie with a sightline on the flange of the putter (this would be the original or first model of the Callie). When I received the putter I noticed something that I thought was strange. The apex of the C grooves didn't match up with the sightline on the flange. The apex of the C grooves was actually closer to the heel of the putter. If you believe in the C-Groove technology, this means that if you used the sightline as a gauge of the sweet spot, you would actually hit the ball not at the top of the C groove, but at about 10 or 11 o'clock on the groove which theoretically could cause the ball to spin off line (I hope everyone is following me).

I called Yes! Golf and explained the situation and they said that they would like to see the putter. The Yes! Headquarters are in Denver, CO and I only live about 45minutes away in Colorado Springs so I decided to drive up to Yes! and see their facility. When I got there, I have to tell you that even if you like other putters, the people at Yes! are some of the nicest and most accommodating people I have ever met. They have a great facility with a BIG putting green in the back with high speed cameras and monitors. They have a bunch of competitor’s putters for you to try and you can really see the difference in the way the ball rolls when comparing other putters to the C-Groove putters.

This was all very cool, but one problem we had was that they didn’t have any Callies in stock at the time that we could compare my whole misplaced groove theory with. They did agree that this theory did make sense and that the putter that I had did look a little suspect. What they decided to do was let me keep the putter I had and they would send me a brand new one in a few weeks. If the new one wasn’t correct, then we would look at other remedies. Again, the people at Yes! are AMAZING.

A few weeks later, my new Callie arrived and it was exactly like the first one… I immediately called Yes! and they then decided to go directly to the source, Harold Swash (inventor of the C-Groove technology and putting guru). A few days later, I received an email from the man himself, Harold Swash. What he explained to me was exactly correct and made perfect sense once he explained it. He said that the actual sweet spot of an Anser styled putter is not in the center of the cavity (where most flange sightlines are placed) but more towards the heel of the putter. He said that the apex of the C grooves on a Callie marked the true sweet spot of the putter, not the flange sightline. He said that the flange sightline was for alignment but the ball should be struck back closer to the heel.

This explanation also explains the new Callies that have come out in recent months that have the small sightline on the topline of the putter and not the flange. If you will notice, this new sightline is back closer to the heel of the putter and not aligned with the center of the cavity. This new sightline also matches the apex of the C grooves on a Callie.

I know that this was a long read but this should help those that have questions about the different Callie models as well as Yes! Golf in general. They were great to work with and really treated a hack like me like I was a tour pro. They make a great product and enthusiastically support that product. They couldn’t have been nicer! I hope that all of this info helps!

Good luck,

Sixx

Okay, this may get a little lengthy but it should explain all of the sightline questions. Here goes. About a year ago, I bought a Callie with a sightline on the flange of the putter (this would be the original or first model of the Callie). When I received the putter I noticed something that I thought was strange. The apex of the C grooves didn't match up with the sightline on the flange. The apex of the C grooves was actually closer to the heel of the putter. If you believe in the C-Groove technology, this means that if you used the sightline as a gauge of the sweet spot, you would actually hit the ball not at the top of the C groove, but at about 10 or 11 o'clock on the groove which theoretically could cause the ball to spin off line (I hope everyone is following me).

I called Yes! Golf and explained the situation and they said that they would like to see the putter. The Yes! Headquarters are in Denver, CO and I only live about 45minutes away in Colorado Springs so I decided to drive up to Yes! and see their facility. When I got there, I have to tell you that even if you like other putters, the people at Yes! are some of the nicest and most accommodating people I have ever met. They have a great facility with a BIG putting green in the back with high speed cameras and monitors. They have a bunch of competitor’s putters for you to try and you can really see the difference in the way the ball rolls when comparing other putters to the C-Groove putters.

This was all very cool, but one problem we had was that they didn’t have any Callies in stock at the time that we could compare my whole misplaced groove theory with. They did agree that this theory did make sense and that the putter that I had did look a little suspect. What they decided to do was let me keep the putter I had and they would send me a brand new one in a few weeks. If the new one wasn’t correct, then we would look at other remedies. Again, the people at Yes! are AMAZING.

A few weeks later, my new Callie arrived and it was exactly like the first one… I immediately called Yes! and they then decided to go directly to the source, Harold Swash (inventor of the C-Groove technology and putting guru). A few days later, I received an email from the man himself, Harold Swash. What he explained to me was exactly correct and made perfect sense once he explained it. He said that the actual sweet spot of an Anser styled putter is not in the center of the cavity (where most flange sightlines are placed) but more towards the heel of the putter. He said that the apex of the C grooves on a Callie marked the true sweet spot of the putter, not the flange sightline. He said that the flange sightline was for alignment but the ball should be struck back closer to the heel.

This explanation also explains the new Callies that have come out in recent months that have the small sightline on the topline of the putter and not the flange. If you will notice, this new sightline is back closer to the heel of the putter and not aligned with the center of the cavity. This new sightline also matches the apex of the C grooves on a Callie.

I know that this was a long read but this should help those that have questions about the different Callie models as well as Yes! Golf in general. They were great to work with and really treated a hack like me like I was a tour pro. They make a great product and enthusiastically support that product. They couldn’t have been nicer! I hope that all of this info helps!

Good luck,

Sixx

Wow, thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the information. But my question, or concern is - when I'm lining up a putt and

look down at the putter, I can't see where the apex of the c-grooves are. I can, however, see

the alignment mark. Most golfers believe the alignment mark indicates the sweet spot.

How difficult would it have been for YES to put the alignment mark at the true sweet spot? If

it wasn't for GolfWRX, I would never know where to line the ball up.