R7 Forged Irons

Carlo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the "who are they for" figures on the TM Japan site, there seems to not be much difference of the characteristics of the top line, offset, sole width, work/playability, etc b/w these and the LT's...hmm??? might have to get a set now

Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
Betti BB53C counterbalanced

They appear to have a deeper cavity and wider sole that leads me to believe they may geared towards the low-mid hdcper. If these cross the Pacific, they will be the first TM clubs in my bag.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

They are pretty, but soooo expensive! :idhitit:

I paid the set (3-PW) $850 (I think it is a fair price for a ltd. ed. set of irons)

850 is a lot lower than anyones cost, Im not sure what you do but you must be DA MAN!

Are you sure they are made by Miura? Also its the same S25C that the TM 2006 MB's.

I paid the set (3-PW) $850 (I think it is a fair price for a ltd. ed. set of irons)

850 is a lot lower than anyones cost, Im not sure what you do but you must be DA MAN!

Are you sure they are made by Miura? Also its the same S25C that the TM 2006 MB's.

I am just lucky to be working at 1 hour fly from Japan where the Japanese spec equipment is more reachable and affordable!!

As far as I understand from the local TM agent, these irons are produced by Miura (and that is the reason also for the ltd. ed.).

I did not see the TM 2006 MB yet so I can't say the difference. The specs of the R7 forged are on the TM JP website.

I just checked! It is forged of soft S25C carbon steel

s25c is actually a little harder than 1018 or 1020 used in a lot of japanese imports. Not too sure about the miura forging on these. ask your rep to check again.

I found this on Tourspec website:

S25 vs S30 vs 1020 vs 1018

They are just different grades of forged steel with different carbon levels. The lower the number the softer it should feel. Worth to note that the vast majority of TSG'ers wont be able to tell the difference and that also feel even more so depends on the finish applied. S25 can feel softer than 1018 depending on that.

Hit these guys today. The rep dropped a couple irons by. Great feel and plenty forgiving (similar to the LT2's) Not too fond of the the very rounded toe shape though. ;)

Otherwise, they have a winner. :idhitit:

IMAGOLFER, So, a US rep dropped these off? But, they are not ever going to be released here?

Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)

Carlo,

I am TourSpec, and we have an office in Tokyo, these irons no where in Japan are sold for 850, In fact no shop in Japan gets them at that price.

So its either your not telling us the truth about what you paid or the shop that sold them to you took a loss.

Tell me the store name, I will give them a ring buy a ton at that price and have an 859.00 sale on WRX!

Carlo,

I am TourSpec, and we have an office in Tokyo, these irons no where in Japan are sold for 850, In fact no shop in Japan gets them at that price.

So its either your not telling us the truth about what you paid or the shop that sold them to you took a loss.

Tell me the store name, I will give them a ring buy a ton at that price and have an 859.00 sale on WRX!

I bought them from the agent in Taiwan. Since I bought a lot of stuff from them I have got a good discount. The $850 is the agent cost. I can scan and email to you the receipt if you want.

They have reached and sold the quota for this Country and can get no more. I just asked yesterday as I have received many emails.

Carlo,

I bet this doesn;t stay up on the thread. Sounds like a member is being called a liar. Unacceptable. People have had threads taken down for similar implications that a member is not being truthful in their assertations...

Carlo,

I bet this doesn;t stay up on the thread. Sounds like a member is being called a liar. Unacceptable. People have had threads taken down for similar implications that a member is not being truthful in their assertations...

Thank you!

I understand that business profit is important but that does not mean that other peoples are lying on what they actually pay for stuff!

...I understand that business profit is important but that does not mean that other peoples are lying on what they actually pay for stuff!

No worries, Carlo.....enjoy your irons! 3.gif

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Carlo,

I bought them from the agent in Taiwan. Since I bought a lot of stuff from them I have got a good discount. The $850 is the agent cost. I can scan and email to you the receipt if you want.

They have reached and sold the quota for this Country and can get no more. I just asked yesterday as I have received many emails.

I'm from Taiwan and Carlo is absolute right about the price. Lots companies there use this way to do business -- selling top stuff at the minimun profits and quantity. This way they can build good business image to attract most oridnary customers who can't afford top gears. The profits are from selling those ordinary stff.

Just different ways to do business, compared to the states.

I'm from Taiwan and Carlo is absolute right about the price. Lots companies there use this way to do business -- selling top stuff at the minimun profits and quantity. This way they can build good business image to attract most oridnary customers who can't afford top gears. The profits are from selling those ordinary stff.

hey there, what he was saying is that nobody in japan can get them for that price or sell them for that without taking a loss. so in order for them to sell it at that price, and still make profit, something is weird!?! he must have had a great hookup, and from his pictures they look real so they arent fakes. either way they are great looking irons no matter what you spent on them....

Carlo,

Thank you! This is the reason why I bought 3 sets of Clubs (including every thing) in Taiwan. I don't doubt that Japan is a much more expensive Country than Taiwan (you need USD 3 Millions for a golf club membership) and especially Tokyo. Taiwan is more affordable and the business view is to attract customers and become friends with them as in my case! I can try anything I want, exchange stuff and buy new stuff... that is where they make profit, because I did not buy one only set of irons but several and drivers, wedges etc.

hey there, what he was saying is that nobody in japan can get them for that price or sell them for that without taking a loss. so in order for them to sell it at that price, and still make profit, something is weird!?! he must have had a great hookup, and from his pictures they look real so they arent fakes. either way they are great looking irons no matter what you spent on them....

Hi, just to note that there are no fakes that can be issued at the same time as the original issue! That's impossible! And fakes are based on popular sets and you can get those with $200 including driver, fw woods, bag and umbrella (no joking). I did never see player's irons fakes anywhere in Asia. The easier to copy are those chunky shaped forgiving irons. Who buys fakes is looking to buy a cheap set to start play golf.

$850 is not a cheap price for a set of Irons in any way, as the traditional Player's blades sets cost (stock) $700 in USA street price! I have seen these R7 forged in one other shops as well listed at $950 (not yet discounted) and close to them a set of Mizuno MP60 at only $720 (I almost bought those too!!!)

In Japan they cost more (I have been there) in the shops. And the price Tourspec is selling them should be fair enough if you include the shipping from Japan to the States and the duties, taxes etc.

I am lucky that I am here and can find them cheaper (20% I would say) but if I had to have them shipped to Italy they would certainly cost much more than that!

So I don't think there is anything to argue anymore on this.

s25c is actually a little harder than 1018 or 1020 used in a lot of japanese imports. Not too sure about the miura forging on these. ask your rep to check again.

S25C is = 1025. You are correct that S25C would be harder because it would be 1025. If my memory serves me right the difference in SxxC vs 10xx is just the designation given by a certain country. The US uses 10xx and before Japan used to use SxxC but now uses the 10xx designation a lot for international purposes. 1018 actually dings a lot. If you play in any type of firm conditions it will be ding city.

As for the $850 price. It would seem plausible to me. The discounted price where I am comes out to around $900 so I figure if one does a lot of business with that specific store $850 would be a possiblity.

I too however have found it stange to find Japanese products more expensive in Japan. I asked a friend o pick me up a small ticket item, a Tourstage X01 magnetic ball marker. It was $15 in Japan. I picked up the same marker in a different color in KL, Malaysia 2 weeks later at $10.

This is really a peculiarity in Japan. I have bought quite a few Japanese sets in Singapore and the price of their Honma sets are significantly less than what the same set sells for in Japan. The Japanese practice of price protectionism in their own country is the reason for this. This is not limited to clubs but to practically anything they make locally. Even a Toyota Corolla costs more in Japan than it does in the U.S. This is why they get accused of price dumping by U.S. manufacturers.

Hit these guys today. The rep dropped a couple irons by. Great feel and plenty forgiving (similar to the LT2's) Not too fond of the the very rounded toe shape though. ;)

IMAGOLFER, So, a US rep dropped these off? But, they are not ever going to be released here?

Sorry the pic wasn't up when I responded. Didn't know he was refering to the Japanese version. I have a couple of the new R7 TP irons irons at the shop (the U.S. version) that is going to replace the LT2. These are the irons I was refering to...

Saw a few sets on eBay. Search: "R7 forged". But get ready to empty your wallet.

BTW, did you notice the lie angle on yours, do they seem standard or upright? I heard a rumor that Japanese spec irons are upright.

Japan or Eastern release irons are usually flatter...mizunos usually have flatter lies and shorter shafts (ie: 5i 37.75") than say, callaway.

as for the r7 irons...look sweet...not too flashy and the cavity forging almost looks 'organic'.

if they're miura forgings then they're buttery soft as well...i had both a set of Japan/miura x300 fci's and tour firesole forgeds and they were very consistent in weight, finish and feel.

Sorry the pic wasn't up when I responded. Didn't know he was refering to the Japanese version. I have a couple of the new R7 TP irons irons at the shop (the U.S. version) that is going to replace the LT2. These are the irons I was refering to...

got any pics of those? are they forged as well? I take it they are coming out in 2007?

got any pics of those? are they forged as well? I take it they are coming out in 2007?

Of course :stop:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry272077

No one is argueing here,

S.E asia always has lower prices in Japan. I found out Your 850 is only 14.00 above dealer cost in singapore. so you got one hell of a deal!

I was also told they are not miura forged.

I was also told you cant get lefty special order from shops in Japan. Maybe tour agents but even the TM Japan guys have never seen them for lefties, please let me know if im wrong here because im trying me darn hardest to get them in lefty.

Hi, just to note that there are no fakes that can be issued at the same time as the original issue! That's impossible! And fakes are based on popular sets and you can get those with $200 including driver, fw woods, bag and umbrella (no joking). I did never see player's irons fakes anywhere in Asia. The easier to copy are those chunky shaped forgiving irons. Who buys fakes is looking to buy a cheap set to start play golf.

$850 is not a cheap price for a set of Irons in any way, as the traditional Player's blades sets cost (stock) $700 in USA street price! I have seen these R7 forged in one other shops as well listed at $950 (not yet discounted) and close to them a set of Mizuno MP60 at only $720 (I almost bought those too!!!)

Actually fakes can be released before the original issue, A good example is the MP60 heads on ebay with no paintfill prior to release anywhere in the world. 100% fake but they were forged and they did perform. In fact the angles were almost on spec to. funny thing is the fakes were even closer to spec than the retails in the U.S. How this happens is by stealing, buying, or finding the mold and using it.

Remember the old school callaway blades? Callaway never made them, they were stolen MP-14 molds stamped callaway.

There are all sorts of fakes and some are pretty good quality to be honest, forged and all.

IMO 850 is on the lower side for a good set of irons but thats because i deal with Japan issue stuff.

I owe you an apology because i didnt take into account the Taiwan factor. I was assuming you purchased these in Japan. So im sorry about that...:idhitit:

No one is argueing here,

S.E asia always has lower prices in Japan. I found out Your 850 is only 14.00 above dealer cost in singapore. so you got one hell of a deal!

I was also told they are not miura forged.

I was also told you cant get lefty special order from shops in Japan. Maybe tour agents but even the TM Japan guys have never seen them for lefties, please let me know if im wrong here because im trying me darn hardest to get them in lefty.

Actually fakes can be released before the original issue, A good example is the MP60 heads on ebay with no paintfill prior to release anywhere in the world. 100% fake but they were forged and they did perform. In fact the angles were almost on spec to. funny thing is the fakes were even closer to spec than the retails in the U.S. How this happens is by stealing, buying, or finding the mold and using it.

Remember the old school callaway blades? Callaway never made them, they were stolen MP-14 molds stamped callaway.

There are all sorts of fakes and some are pretty good quality to be honest, forged and all.

IMO 850 is on the lower side for a good set of irons but thats because i deal with Japan issue stuff.

I owe you an apology because i didnt take into account the Taiwan factor. I was assuming you purchased these in Japan. So im sorry about that...:idhitit:

No problems and thank you! As I mentioned in my previous post, I bought them from the Agent, so no issues about fakes for me. I have seen a lot of fakes from other sources at ridiculous prices (like $150 for a clone of some famous set of irons) but I only buy from shops or dealers to avoid any surprise.

After spoken with the local agent, a set of these (or other Japan spec sets) shipped to the USA and after duties and taxes, would cost well more than your actual selling price in the USA, in which case it makes for sure more convenient (for US) to purchase from Tourspec. I would do that if I was in the USA.

As per the lefty version, again this info comes from the agent here that they do exist as well as per the Miura forging. I am not an expert and I have no other connection to find this out, so I can only refer what I have been told.

When I play with them, they feel the same as a set of Miura that a friend of mine has got with Project-X shaft. It may be my impression, but they sound and feel the same to me. If they are not Miura forged, then whoever forges them is great and at the same level as Miura.