2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TheMackDaddy's WITB

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1372558494' post='7353278']
I thought you hate Scottys? Your getting wiser with age....
[/quote]
I've taken two days off from golf and in those 2 days I have spent a solid 4 combined hours browsing circle t putters. They are beautiful, and the asthetics are clouding my judgement... but I don't care. :air_kiss:

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The swing has some great positions. SO smooth... Freddy Couples smooth. The Big Easy smooth

Titleist 910 D3 Stiff 9.5*
                Titleist 910 F Stiff 15*
                Nike VR Pro II 21*
                Taylormade MC 4-P Dynamic Gold S300
                Nike VR Pro II 52*, Vokey 56* Vokey 60*
                Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
                WITB Link

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1372558133' post='7353236']
Okay my photobucket still isn't working, so the pics will have to wait.
Saving up my $$$ for:
Circle t (call me crazy)
Ping 3 wood and hybrid with dope shafts
Membership at a crazy nice private club an hour away from me.
Let the saving begin!
[/quote]
What the heck was I thinking when I wrote this post. I have no use for a circle t.

Just played in my first round of my first AJGA tournament! I was really looking forward to it.. Last night I got to watch Ryan Moore answer questions from other kids, which was a nice experience. I also got my goody bag... Although it was nice I don't believe it justifies the ridiculous $280 entry fee.
I got up to the first tee with nothing but confidence and... Snap hooked the heck out of a driver, punched out, skied a 3 wood to 100 yards.
I was a little nervous hitting my fourth shot into a par 4 from 100 yards on the first hole, but just made a nice swing with my 55 degree wedge stuffing it to 3 feet, allowing me to make a relieving bogey. I don't even want to talk about the rest of the front, as I shot a 41. On the back, I made 2 birdies and shot a 35, so a 76 finish. I am content with my round, and would have been in a much worse mood ha I gone 35-41. I was a mess off the tee, but had 25 putts, so my scrambling kept me alive. Hopefully I can take some confidence into tommrow's round. I just have a feeling I am going to drop a 67 soon so we will see!

I think I'll do a review on my AJGA experience as a first timer to help out the kids who are contemplating playing AJGA.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1372809318' post='7375890']
Nice recovery MD! Very, very nice...way to hang in there after a tough front nine. :-)

Holy smokes, $280 entry fee? That is more than a bit steep. And they say golf isn't an elitist sport.
[/quote]
Thanks!
I love the competition, but $280 is a straight joke. That is absurd for a junior tournament and the reason why I will not be playing that many AJGA tournaments. It is a shame that rich kids have a huge advantage when it comes to golf, but I am thankful my parents cover my entry fees even though my club habit has gotten bad enough where I have to pay for almost all my clubs!!

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1372810561' post='7376050']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1372809318' post='7375890']
Nice recovery MD! Very, very nice...way to hang in there after a tough front nine. :-)

Holy smokes, $280 entry fee? That is more than a bit steep. And they say golf isn't an elitist sport.
[/quote]
Thanks!
[b]I love the competition, but $280 is a straight joke[/b]. That is absurd for a junior tournament and the reason why I will not be playing that many AJGA tournaments. [b]It is a shame that rich kids have a huge advantage when it comes to golf[/b], but I am thankful my parents cover my entry fees even though my club habit has gotten bad enough where I have to pay for almost all my clubs!!
[/quote]

You got that right. I know a junior phenom who can't play in many of those type of events simply because of the expense. When she does play she usually makes some noise. I find it very annoying because young folks like you that have talent are denied the same experience over the wealthier families.

Now, about that club habit... :-)

Yeah, the AJGA fee is crazy. I never played in single one. I really wish had just so I couldve gotten ito the FJ invitational, got THAT goodie bag, and I only live an hour away fron Sedgefield. Man you have great sticks, and a solid sounding game, and if you are good enough, people will find you. Sounds like you have a good way to play with Washingtons team, which is awesome.

Keep playing man, and tell me how to build a bunker in my backyard.

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

[quote name='Team Ping' timestamp='1372811274' post='7376160']
Yeah, the AJGA fee is crazy. I never played in single one. I really wish had just so I couldve gotten ito the FJ invitational, got THAT goodie bag, and I only live an hour away fron Sedgefield. Man you have great sticks, and a solid sounding game, and if you are good enough, people will find you. Sounds like you have a good way to play with Washingtons team, which is awesome.

Keep playing man, and tell me how to build a bunker in my backyard.
[/quote]
Thanks man, info can be found here![url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/672248-mack-daddys-backyard-bunker/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/672248-mack-daddys-backyard-bunker/[/url]

Great practice area - very jealous!

I attach a pic of one of only a few practice facilities in Hong Kong. They call this the "short game area".

- The yellowish/tan thing is astroturf, you hit off range mats to pins about 15 ft away.
- If you ever find yourself in a bunker with dried out sand and rocks, with a pin cut 15cm from the lip of the bunker, this would be an excellent bunker to practice from...
- In case you're wondering, those white things are mushrooms, but could easily be mistaken for their range balls as I think they're different sizes!

Royal Collection BBD105V Forged Driver
Royal Collection Pro TR 3 Wood
Royal Collection Pro ZX Forged Irons
Royal Collection Tour VS 3 Hybrid Iron
Royal Collection DB Grind Wedges
Miyazaki Kusala + Project X PXI 5.5
<a href="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/871060-my-royal-collection-witb/" title="WITB Link" target="_blank">WITB Link</a>

Way to finish strong in your 1st round. I look forward to hearing about your experience with the AJGA tournament. Having a son(11yr old) that has some golf talent and has a true love for the sport I'm always looking to learn more about junior golf and what tournaments are truly worth playing in.

Nike Covert Tour 9.5* Kuro Kage 60X
Nike Covert Tour 3 FW 15* Kura Kage 70X
Titleist 712U 2i w/ DG X100
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW w/ DG X100
Titleist SM 56* Callaway Forged Raw 60*
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Came back today with 71 (+1) and I'm very pleased with it! The course played much firmer, so the scores will be a bit higher. I was +4 through 8 holes, and then went birdie, birdie to get to +2. Then I made bogey but followed it up going -2 in my next three. My golf coach came out for a surprise visit just in time to watch me snap hook it into trees and punch it into a bunker 60 yards short of the green. I somehow managed to get it up and down, canning a 20 footer. Lipped out my birdie putt on 18 but I am still happy going -3 in my last 10!

Another 71 for day 3! I'll take it! I finished 27th place in my first AJGA, obviously not too ideal, but not that bad when you consider I was +6 in my first 9 holes and +8 total for the championship.
This may be my last day on WRX for awhile, as I am going on vacation tomorrow.
EDIT: missed the exclusive cameron cover by 6 shots.

Don't even get me going ! I played in the Midwest junior championship last weekend . Round 1 39-39 at at a course with 12 stimp and hosted a champions tour event . Happy with my round and was tied for 17th in what was an ajga field . Secknd round I'm 3 deep through 5 and had a birdie putt from 10 feet which lipped out . At that point the Iowa state coach watched me the rest of the nine . I finished with 35 and he left . Well I somehow shot 50 on the back nine .... Finished tied 35 or so with 78-85 if I would have shot another 75 or so I would have had a top 5

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

[quote name='awil' timestamp='1372987207' post='7390248']
Don't even get me going ! I played in the Midwest junior championship last weekend . Round 1 39-39 at at a course with 12 stimp and hosted a champions tour event . Happy with my round and was tied for 17th in what was an ajga field . Secknd round I'm 3 deep through 5 and had a birdie putt from 10 feet which lipped out . At that point the Iowa state coach watched me the rest of the nine . I finished with 35 and he left . Well I somehow shot 50 on the back nine .... Finished tied 35 or so with 78-85 if I would have shot another 75 or so I would have had a top 5
[/quote]
That course must have been playing tough! AJGA fields are sooo much deeper than any other tournaments I have played in. Great job anyways!

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1372983113' post='7389954']
Another 71 for day 3! I'll take it! I finished 27th place in my first AJGA, obviously not too ideal, but not that bad when you consider I was +6 in my first 9 holes and +8 total for the championship.
This may be my last day on WRX for awhile, as I am going on vacation tomorrow.
EDIT: missed the exclusive cameron cover by 6 shots.
[/quote]

Two thumbs up MD! Really nice bounce back. Good for you man. :-)

[quote name='TheMackDaddy' timestamp='1372987346' post='7390264']
[quote name='awil' timestamp='1372987207' post='7390248']
[/quote]
That course must have been playing tough! AJGA fields are sooo much deeper than any other tournaments I have played in. Great job anyways!
[/quote]
Yeah I was pretty happy with 3 of my nines , the fourth screwed my whole event up . Just about everyone in the field had an ajga bag tag and towel .

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1372991836' post='7390638']
Good work! Like I said there is always another round to be played.
[/quote] I was thinking about your comment walking down the 7th fairway. I have gotten all of my confidence back. 8/10 up and downs today (bad ballstriking) and 77 putts for the 3 round tournament.