GolfWRX First LOOKs! Titleist Tour Proto D Driver Pics!

DIRECT FROM TITLEIST...

Thank you for contacting Titleist!

The New 907 D1 and D2 drivers will be released on April 1, 2007.

Unfortunately, we do not have any official information to share at this

time. Please stay posted to Titleist.com for more information regarding

our new drivers as the information will be posted sometime next month.

Thank you for your interest in Titleist.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey do you know when Titleist going design a new tour bag for 2007, the old one is not that good looking compared to Taylormade and Callaway.

Quite frankly, I find the Titleist bag to be better looking than either the TM or Callaway bag. Straight forward and not so "busy".

Very classy. Perhaps with the new D1 & D2 headcovers in red, they intend to throw a little red into the bag.

But overall, the Titleist bag is a classic.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 10K 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 7 wood 21 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping Blueprint S  4 - PW Dynamic Gold 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM10 50-08F, 54-10S, 60-12D

Odyssey Ai-One 2-Ball

Titleist Pro V1

I've been playing the new D2 for over a month now. If you look at the first page and are wondering about the "Must Have," this is definitely a must have! Beautiful head shape, great, responsive feel and a much improved sound from the other Titleist drivers of the past--and I've tried them all. Match it up with an Aldila Prolaunch Red and you'll be ready to go!

I just ordered a 907 D2 with UST V2 75g stiff shaft from Nick at Discount Dan's. ;)

he commented that they have had about 20 orders already, and that Titleist feedback is that they have had very few orders so far, so hopefully they are at the front of the pack (could have been salesmanship, but I doubt it....very nice guy!)

I will not reveal the price :) , but I would suggest that if you order one from them, you will be VERY pleased!

I also got a great price quote on a set of irons....may have to order those tomorrow!! (Titleist of course!!)

WITB

Odyssey Ai-One 2-Ball

Titleist Pro V1

I just ordered a 907 D2 with UST V2 75g stiff shaft from Nick at Discount Dan's. ;)

he commented that they have had about 20 orders already, and that Titleist feedback is that they have had very few orders so far, so hopefully they are at the front of the pack (could have been salesmanship, but I doubt it....very nice guy!)

I will not reveal the price :cheesy: , but I would suggest that if you order one from them, you will be VERY pleased!

I also got a great price quote on a set of irons....may have to order those tomorrow!! (Titleist of course!!)

I agree....their price seems very fair. I guess that's going to be the normal retail price. I jumped on it, of course. 10.5* / NVS75. Surprised they only have 20 orders so far. DD is great to deal with!!

Never hurts to try it I guess.

[size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#000000]Titleist TS3 10.5[/color][color=#a9a9a9] Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 9.2 x-flex[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist TS3 13.5[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Aldila NV 95 x-flex[/color]--[color=#000000]-Titleist TS3 18.0[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Fujikura Fit-On Pro 95 x-flex[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist 718 AP2 #3[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Titleist 718 AP2 #5-#9[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]--[color=#000000]-Vokey SM7 46.10 F Grind[/color][color=#a9a9a9] Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 52.12 F Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 56.10 S Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 60.04 L Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Select Newport II[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Tour Newport 2.5 350g.[/color] [color=#000000]welded neck[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 2.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist ProV1x[/color][/b][/font][/size]

I will not reveal the price :cheesy: , but I would suggest that if you order one from them, you will be VERY pleased!

I agree....their price seems very fair. I guess that's going to be the normal retail price. I jumped on it, of course. 10.5* / NVS75. Surprised they only have 20 orders so far. DD is great to deal with!!

I think their price was great, based on the $399 I've been quoted at shops in my area.

WITB

Odyssey Ai-One 2-Ball

Titleist Pro V1

I was looking at the pictures and i noticed that there are no pictures of the d2. does anyone have a picture of it or do you know what the main difference is between it and the d1. im sure it says somewhere in here but i can't find it.

Click on this link and wait a minute or two. Right after the info on the ProV's, the drivers will come up (or you can click on the "2" in the bottom right corner of the info box). They show a photo of the D2.

http://titleist.com/Default.asp?bhcp=1

I did get to hit the new Titleist D1 and D2 drivers. The D1 had a VS Proto 65-S in it with 9.5 degrees of loft and on the launch monitor I was getting very close to optimal spin with very solid carry distance and decrease offline numbers. The shaft felt a little rigid with the bore-thru but overall a good combination. The D2 driver was shafted with a Proforce V2 9.5 stiff flex. This combination was the most solid of the two. The D2 had a traditional pear shaped look to it. The D1 doesn't have the typical pear shaped look but this might just be the driver that will entice the higher handicap players who need more forgiveness to consider this driver. This is a must buy for the Titleist loyal player. Before you buy though, get on a launch monitor to find out which conbination will work for you. Release date for these drivers will be mid-March.

I have Both the D1 and the D1 titliest prototype driver right now in my hands.... will sell to the highest bidder.... who wants em?

hahaha, yeah i dont think anyone here is gonna play the "rip off unsuspecting golfers" game with you. nice name though, thats great marketing for your wire fraud scheme.

Jason Smith is that you?

• 3 weeks later...

They are both beautiful drivers. But I made a hole in one on a 357 yd par 4 with my then brand new 975D. I had the graphite shaft pulled and a Rifle 7.5 tipped put in it. I played with this club until the shaft in it went from double x on the flex board, to barely stiff. Yes you can wear out shafts if you hit the clubs enough. I bought the 905R 7.5 degrees of loft with the aldila nv 105 x shaft in it. It just didnt have the pop that the old 975 did. I played with it about 4 months and then bought the Cobra HS9. I had a fujikura 660 double xx put in it. I love this club. Demo day is in April at my club. I am looking forward to seeing what is new.

whats in my bag: Cobra HS9 9 degree fujikura double xx, Titleist 906F 13 degree DG x200 tipped 2 inches, Hogan PC 1986 model forged blades bent to modern standards, 2 and 1/4 degree upright DG x300 taper tip. 1/2 inch long. My wedges are cleveland DSG 588. 52, 56, 60 bent to 2 and 1/4 degrees upright, 1/2 inch long. The shafts are DG X100 sensicore. putter is a 1985 ben crenshaw model. I bought it for 40 dollars brand new. It stayed in my mothers attic for almost 20 years when they moved. Ball is Taylor made tp red. I would really rather play a titleist baltata ball. That you can cut. They didnt go nearly as far. Or even spin as much as the new prov1. The bag is the big titleist tour model. All of the shafts have been pured. And yes it does make one heck of a difference. The hooks arent as bad. And they just seem to go straighter.

My backups are titleist 660 , ping isi becu, I have two of the .860 drivers. And yes in the summer time they do hit the ball to far if u play a lot of doglegs. Putters are Napa Valley SC, Tei3 Newport, Tei3 Newport Long neck. Wilson 8802, Phil Mickelson Yonex blade putter. Macgregor Blade putter, copy of Jack's old bristol. Plus a ping anser from the old days. I have a ping leather golf bag that is black that i bought many years ago. And a hogan cart bag. For all that wonder. I am 6' 4 and I am the size of a lineman in the NFL. Hence the extra stiff shafts. At age 47 even. Thanks golf is a game of a lifetime.

They are both beautiful drivers. But I made a hole in one on a 357 yd par 4 with my then brand new 975D. I had the graphite shaft pulled and a Rifle 7.5 tipped put in it. I played with this club until the shaft in it went from double x on the flex board, to barely stiff. Yes you can wear out shafts if you hit the clubs enough. I bought the 905R 7.5 degrees of loft with the aldila nv 105 x shaft in it. It just didnt have the pop that the old 975 did. I played with it about 4 months and then bought the Cobra HS9. I had a fujikura 660 double xx put in it. I love this club. Demo day is in April at my club. I am looking forward to seeing what is new.

whats in my bag: Cobra HS9 9 degree fujikura double xx, Titleist 906F 13 degree DG x200 tipped 2 inches, Hogan PC 1986 model forged blades bent to modern standards, 2 and 1/4 degree upright DG x300 taper tip. 1/2 inch long. My wedges are cleveland DSG 588. 52, 56, 60 bent to 2 and 1/4 degrees upright, 1/2 inch long. The shafts are DG X100 sensicore. putter is a 1985 ben crenshaw model. I bought it for 40 dollars brand new. It stayed in my mothers attic for almost 20 years when they moved. Ball is Taylor made tp red. I would really rather play a titleist baltata ball. That you can cut. They didnt go nearly as far. Or even spin as much as the new prov1. The bag is the big titleist tour model. All of the shafts have been pured. And yes it does make one heck of a difference. The hooks arent as bad. And they just seem to go straighter.

My backups are titleist 660 , ping isi becu, I have two of the .860 drivers. And yes in the summer time they do hit the ball to far if u play a lot of doglegs. Putters are Napa Valley SC, Tei3 Newport, Tei3 Newport Long neck. Wilson 8802, Phil Mickelson Yonex blade putter. Macgregor Blade putter, copy of Jack's old bristol. Plus a ping anser from the old days. I have a ping leather golf bag that is black that i bought many years ago. And a hogan cart bag. For all that wonder. I am 6' 4 and I am the size of a lineman in the NFL. Hence the extra stiff shafts. At age 47 even. Thanks golf is a game of a lifetime.

... yup, both beautiful drivers. i had a dog when i was a kid named decker. kinda black and white cross betwen a cocker spanial and poodle. very bright and was a kids best friend. sure i've had several dogs since then, and have two now. a brown mutt i got from a shelter and another black & white cockapoo. sure do miss that dog decker though. i never owned a cat, as i am more a dog person.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-9 ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:   MG3 ... 45*/50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour X

• 2 weeks later...

I just spoke to the Pro at my club and he went to a big Titleist event for the launch of their new clubs...He is a staff Titleist guy and said that the split amongst the tour players is quite even between the D1 and D2 which surprised me a bit given that all the buzz seems to be around the D2. He said that Titliest believes their is a real technology story with the D1 and that the D2 is really just a souped up 905. Supply is going to be very tight with both drivers until May. I am going to hit both next week and will pass along my thoughts.