Nike Unitized putter = WOW

Springbok

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tried it out alongside a redwood anser. the redwood anser is REAL solid as well as the unitized tiempo (anser 2 lookalike right?). unfortunately i couldn't do jack with them at 35" but when i choked it down to 34 it was VERY solid. too bad it won't see my bag anytime soon seeing how the first putter i ever fell in love with (newport 2 pro platinum) is due any day now to be headed back to me...

and i don't care if tiger uses a sight dot, i wish nike made this thing with a sight LINE

I'm not a fan of the hard, angular look -- but I'm glad some are enjoying the Swoosh Unitized putters.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

i wish nike made this thing with a sight LINE

I'm with you on that. I much prefer a sightline over a sight dot. Just that added help in alignment. LOL

-CHRIS-

Its pretty easy to add a sight line. Taking one off is alot harder.

what are the head weights on the unitized??

As the putter is one piece head weight is not a factor.

I think Nike went with dot as TW uses this on his putter @ present.... he'll win in 07 with a Unitized, might pop down the bookies now....

i don't get how head weight is not a factor?

I wonder if Nike referring to total Swingweight? I have heard the head weights were in the 350-360 gram range but, I have never seen definitive proof. The weld of the shaft to the head would obviously make it pretty hard to figure out.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

According to his last interview....Tigers not changing from his cameron. And Head Weight is always a factor.

-CHRIS-

according to his last interview he DOES NOT HAVE A CAMERON back up. his back up is a proto NIKE putter. he did not specify whether or not the putter was a UNITIZED.

Umm, correct me if I am wrong, but a back-up is in case your gamer is lost or damaged. I don't believe Tiger has any plans of switching. As long as the Cameron is playable he'll be playing it. No other putter feels right to him - Cameron or Nike. And that is essentially what he said in his last interview.

http://asapsports.com/golf2/2006teles/112806PC.html

Q. You've been playing with a Scotty Cameron for ten years. The putter you're using, the Scotty Cameron, what seems to be the hesitancy? Is it because Nike cannot produce a putter that meets your needs, or are you just superstitious?

TIGER WOODS: I've used this putter since the Byron Nelson of '99 when I first put it in, and I had grown up with an Answer Two, and that was my putter of choice, and I had Scotty do a one-off and he made this putter.

Well, I've had success since then. The curious thing is that even Scotty hasn't produced a backup yet. I don't have a backup. He's made me 50 putters or so, but none of them feel like this one. There's something different about this one.

Nike has been trying to make a putter as my backup, and I carry one as my backup, a putter made by Nike. But this putter has won 11 major championships, so it's kind of hard to take out of the bag.

Straight from him if you want to do a play on words. He ain't switching.

-CHRIS-

Dang...It looks like I am the odd man out not likeing these :crazy2::(:):(

-CHRIS-

I'll join you on that one...I don't like to be negative but I personally hated this line of putters. Just not for me at all.

The Redwoods on the other hand have a nice feel to them. They look a little blocky but still very nice. A unique finish.

The operative word is "hard". Tiger said it's hard, he didn't say its impossible. He has won majors with different irons, wedges, drivers and fairway woods, so in the end he will do it with another putter. Even his idol Jack Nicklaus won with different putters from the Wizard to the White Fang to the Respnse. So never say never. Even Tiger never said never. The thing about Cameron or Nike not being able to make another putter that feels the same is not really that significant. All his clubs now surely don't feel the same as his previous clubs, from the driver to the irons to the wedges. So it's not like Tiger only needs one kind of feel. Besides, even he has tried a number of putters from the Newport style to the Long Neck style to the current Newport Two style. I am sure he will win majors with another putter someday. The question is "when" and not "if" he'll switch.

If you spend any time on the green with a unitized, I realy dont see how you could plain hate it (other than the grip). I own or have owned just about all the high end putters out there and think these are right there with them.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G30 LS Tec 10.5*, Tour 65[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping Anser 14.5* fairway [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping Anser 17*, 20* Hybrids[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Ping G30 4-SW, CFS [/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=3]Mack Daddy PM grind 58*[/size][/color][/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=3]Ping CTR Tomcat C heavy 34"[/size][/color][/font]

If you spend any time on the green with a unitized, I realy dont see how you could plain hate it (other than the grip). I own or have owned just about all the high end putters out there and think these are right there with them.

Well, the logical reply is that if you spend any time on the green with a unitized, I really don't see how you could like it. :P

I for one simply do not think it has the feel, either in the act of putting itself or in material and finish is as good as other top shelf putters. It is certainly a good putter, but priced where it is it has to compete with some of the very best putters and it simply falls short, in my opinion, against that yardstick.

I will make some players happy and I say hurray for them! I hope Nike sells them by the truck load. But they do not have to make one for me...

I am going to write a letter to all of the major OEMs that says the following:

Unless your putter says "Cameron" on it, the price should not exceed $119.

Ping can almost get away with it, but they won't sell a ton of Redwoods. Redwoods are the new JAS, a very cool putter that will end up being a collectors piece.