Nike Unitized putter = WOW

Springbok

OK, currently I putt with a 43" belly putter. I alternate between this and a 48" long putter, depending on how much my putting sucks.

Well tonight I was as Edwin Watts, and saw the unitized putters. I picked one up, and gave it a try. It was the Neo model. All I can say is that I nailed 8 putts in a row. There was just something about the feel and the way it set up that absolutely clicked with me. So much so that I am going to pick one up.

Anyone else try these yet?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tried the new nike unitized tiempo and new ping redwood anser today at a golf galaxy and i think i actually like the nike better than the redwood. i have a nike due any day so we will see. i really am waiting for a new tp mills though.

I was just the opposite...the Unitized putters felt good, but I cannot get over the looks of them. Even the Tiempo didn't suit my eye. The Redwoods on the other hand felt great and the Anser model is just a piece of art. Very clean and appealing.

Two very good putters, but I'll take the Redwoods over the Unitized any day.

I was at a shop today and saw the Redwoods for the first time. I quickly grabbed a few balls and tried the Anser out. It was nice but left me feeling "flat". Tried the Unitized Tiempo right after and liked the feel on it much better. I also liked the looks better because I'm a fan of the sight dot over the sight line.

The Unitized is definitely growing on me. It's probably the only retail putter out right now that I'd even contemplate adding to the collection.

i tried the tempo and techno and really like the tempo. felt better than my scotty cameron newport beach and had a great sound. very nice weight for the 33". price is more than i willing to pay, but if i can find one at a good deal i might get it.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Our clubs Nike rep brought these out to us in Sept i putted with it for 9 holes before the tournament i could not make crap the front side shot 40, gave it back to the rep put my putter back in play shot 36 back 9 which is the harder of my course. This putter head weight feels good but it just did not setup for me.

mcca

I've have my Retro for 3 days now and I am more impressed than when I first tried it out. The head feels heavier than my White Hot #3 but just as soft. This is putting with a variety of balls: HX Tour, NOP, NOB, Noodle, and Bridgestone B330.

The grip feels a little weird at first, almost like you're holding a snake. It has the feeling of skin, softer than any rubber I've touched.

I would be willing to bet A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY that a blind fold test would result in this putter being among people's top choice. Some may not like the looks, which is subjective, but these don't "feel" drastically different from ANY putter; scotty, tp mills, blah blah blah.

People should give these a true test with NO preconception and I swear you will be impressed.

The price tag was and still is my only gripe. These putters would fly off the shelves at $150 bucks, but $249 is just a tad steep for a putter yet market proven. With that said, I'm very happy with the $170 I paid.

I've have my Retro for 3 days now and I am more impressed than when I first tried it out. The head feels heavier than my White Hot #3 but just as soft. This is putting with a variety of balls: HX Tour, NOP, NOB, Noodle, and Bridgestone B330.

The grip feels a little weird at first, almost like you're holding a snake. It has the feeling of skin, softer than any rubber I've touched.

I would be willing to bet A LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY that a blind fold test would result in this putter being among people's top choice. Some may not like the looks, which is subjective, but these don't "feel" drastically different from ANY putter; scotty, tp mills, blah blah blah.

That is one opinion, and you may well be correct. But there is more to the game for me than just feel. All of my clubs must set up in a way that is pleasing to my eye and instills confidence. These putters don't do that for me.

And I don't like the way they feel - whether or not that is subjective is irrelevant on the green.

People should give these a true test with NO preconception and I swear you will be impressed.

The price tag was and still is my only gripe. These putters would fly off the shelves at $150 bucks, but $249 is just a tad steep for a putter yet market proven. With that said, I'm very happy with the $170 I paid.

There will always be a preconceived idea - any new club will always bve compared to your current club. It is, in all fairness, possible that you are impressed because you are a Nike fan - and no problem there. I am partial to Cleveland.

I do think you are spot on a out the price.

Dang...It looks like I am the odd man out not likeing these :crazy2::(:):(

-CHRIS-

I got your back on this one Chris...I have tried one. Didnt do it for me either. It skidded real bad for me. One thing i did like was the feedback, but it wasnt any better then my frequency filtered shaft, which i can put in a variety of putters.

Dan

Driver: ZX5 MKII 8.5 LS w/TOUR AD VF-6x
Fairway: Srixon ZX MKII 13.5* w/ GD TOUR AD M9003
Hybrid: Srixon ZX MKII 16* w/ Nippon GOST

Utility: Srixon ZX MKII 20* w/Nippon GOST
Irons: SRIXON ZX5 LIMITED EDITION BLACK w/Private Reserve Steelfiber 110
Wedges: RTX6 52* and 56*
Putter: Frontline Elite RHO

Ball: Z-Star XV Divide

All with Bad@$$ headcovers

wow..same experience at Washington GOlf. Tried the Redwood..very solid series but the Nike Tiempo and Neo were just out of sight. The Neo was a point and shoot putter..hard to miss..dropped so many putts in a row I got scared..thought I was a great putter afterall. The Neo is deadly, the Tiempo might be the choice..what the hell..I will get both... :crazy2:

wow..same experience at Washington GOlf. Tried the Redwood..very solid series but the Nike Tiempo and Neo were just out of sight. The Neo was a point and shoot putter..hard to miss..dropped so many putts in a row I got scared..thought I was a great putter afterall. The Neo is deadly, the Tiempo might be the choice..what the hell..I will get both... :crazy2:

The neo was the one I tried. I have been thinking about it all night. Even though I would love to get a Nintendo Wii, I think I am instead going to go to golf smith and use the FFD06 code to get it for $217. I know I could find it cheaper else where, but I want to use it tomorrow.

I just compared the Nike Unitized vs. the Ping redwood (anser 2 styles). The nike is one of the best feeling retail putters I've tried. It feels very soft. The ping feels too light, but has a great finish. Every time I check out the new nike I find new angles that make it look cheap. The neck and bumpers just look rushed through production, but it feels pretty good.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

The neo was the one I tried. I have been thinking about it all night. Even though I would love to get a Nintendo Wii, I think I am instead going to go to golf smith and use the FFD06 code to get it for $217. I know I could find it cheaper else where, but I want to use it tomorrow.

I bought a tiempo from games people play for 185.00 shipped today. Call them and make them an offer..in a nice way. They will work with you.. :crazy2:

tried rolling bot of these again 2days ago at Gsmith... the nike feel is very good but can't get over the look. love the redwood anser traditional look & feel..especially it come in 3 lengths. oh by the way the piper s is not bad either - heavier head.

hey chris - still thinking about doing that special redwood order with the heavier head.. will see if the Gsmith guy can do this (got some gift certs) else will get it thru my club.