Strangest thing that you have seen on the golf course.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad and I were golfing on the golf course in Varadaro Cuba, when I huge rainstorm went through, well the course was pretty much empty so we took cover and waited for it to finish.

Once we started again, we Hit off on a par 3 on the front and both of us hit the green, no biggie, we got into our cart and drove to the green.
We walk to the green, and there are NO balls to found, nothing, except 2 sets of footprints that you could walk out onto the green and then walk off. We were pissed. This same thing happend 2 holes later, and that next hole after that we had 2 grounds crew guys that tried to sell us golf balls. OUR golf balls. I always mark my ball, its been a habit of mine, and yep in the balls that they were selling were my marked balls. I was pissed, I grab the balls and walked away.
We told the pro about what happened, and he apologized and ripped into some guy in spanish that was there, and he proceeded to leave the clubhouse. It was like he told the guy s***, they caught us, stop doing it to them, because it didnt happen on the back nine at all.

We were pissed.

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1347568644' post='5635731']
[quote name='nfinch10' timestamp='1347559728' post='5635087']
[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1347513047' post='5633055']
Albino squirrel

Golf cart in a pond

Golf cart in a river on top of a boulder

A moose

[b][color=#ff0000]Guy and his girlfriend banging in a cart[/color][/b]

[b]Guys smoking joints[/b]

Girls playing golf in bikinis (not as much strange, but just awesome)

Hmm, I'll try to think of some more..
[/quote]

This is strange to people?
[/quote]

Even better question....This is strange to people???? LOL
[/quote]

Yeah, seeing people banging it out on a cart in the middle of the day is slightly odd. Though I didn't say anything, just carried on. And as far as joints, yeah, a little off, at least where I come from.

I was playing with a couple buddies a few years back and by #11 one was three sheets to the wind. He hooks his drive lefter than left down the #2 fairway. Both myself and the other friend are in the fairway on #11 so the other friend grabs some clubs from their cart and we walk down to our balls. Here's where the adventure begins.....

Once we get to our balls we turn to see what our friend is doing and he's driving in circles at full speed but after a second of "wtf is he doing?" we realize is in fact looking for his ball. This continues for a solid minute but eventually he finds his ball in the middle of that fairway, this all despite us screaming at him that it's "right there in front of you!". Now being as drunk as he was, he has forgotten that we were on the 11th hole and lines up to play a shot to the 2nd green(my friend and I are rolling at this point). He somehow dead pures the shot over the 2nd green and about 50 yards into the woods. As he drives up towards the green it becomes clear that he doesn't realize his ball is way gone and he starts looking around for it (we were yelling at him at this point but the wind must have been drowning us out). Out of no where as he's searching he looks up and clearly has an "oh sh** I've lost the guys" face on, scrambles back into his cart, slams the gas and proceeds to drive in the exact opposite direction of where we were standing no more than 25 yards away. We stand there watching him as he crests the hill and disappears from sight......15 minutes later I get a phone call from him "help me, I'm lost on the course". My buddy and I were crying watching this all go down. Luckily no one was really on the course, so he didn't interfere with anyone's game.

3 funny things have happened that come to mind.

1. My bro completely shanked his tee shot because a hawk flew right over him.

2. Looking for my ball around some shrubs near a pond, found a big black garter snake, suffice to say someone may have found it funny when a big dude like myself screamed and ran for it.

3. Two squirrels were fighting and making a lot of noise on a tree. They fell down from the top of the tree, which wasn't very tall, started rolling around and continued fighting.

Titleist TSR3 10.5° Graphite Design AD-UB 5

Titleist TSR3 16.5° Graphite Design AD-UB 7

Titleist TSR2 21° Graphite Design AD-UB 8

Titleist T100S 4 - PW True Temper AMT Red S300

Titleist Vokey SM9 48°, 52°, 56° KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

While I was on a green putting I heard a weird scratching noise in the bunker. I looked in it and a cat had just taken a growler and was covering it up litter box style. Then the cat came out and attempted to get all the sand off its paws. It did a surprisingly good job of covering its mess in the bunker.

A friend I play with a lot asked me to play at the Riverside muni course (used to be Austin County Club ala Harvey Penick) and I mentioned the suspect neighborhood. He said on the fourth tee he and his friend saw a woman thrown from her car into the street. He doesn't seem like the kind of person to make that up. Course is still fun though.

I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1347671856' post='5642069']
[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1347513047' post='5633055']
Albino squirrel

Golf cart in a pond

Golf cart in a river on top of a boulder

A moose

[b][color=#ff0000]Guy and his girlfriend banging in a cart[/color][/b]

[b]Guys smoking joints[/b]

Girls playing golf in bikinis (not as much strange, but just awesome)

Hmm, I'll try to think of some more..
[/quote]

Yeah, seeing people banging it out on a cart in the middle of the day is slightly odd. Though I didn't say anything, just carried on. And as far as joints, yeah, a little off, at least where I come from.
[/quote]

There is a thread on here about a guy seeing two guys head off to look for a ball in the woods and.... yada yada yada - not there is anything wrong with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new player but I think this anecdote is worthy of posting. I was playing on the old works golf course in Anaconda MT. On a blind par three my partner hit his drive just off the green as we walked to the hole we both saw a fox dash out of the bushes and take off with his ball. Needless to say I charged him a penalty stroke and made him drop a new ball.

[quote name='Montana hacker' timestamp='1348721030' post='5702835']
I am a new player but I think this anecdote is worthy of posting. I was playing on the old works golf course in Anaconda MT. On a blind par three my partner hit his drive just off the green as we walked to the hole we both saw a fox dash out of the bushes and take off with his ball. Needless to say I charged him a penalty stroke and made him drop a new ball.
[/quote]

Needless to say, you were wrong. A) It's not a penalty stroke. B) The ball should be replaced, not dropped. (unless you can't determine the spot where the ball is to be placed).

[quote]
18-1. By Outside Agency
If a ball at rest is moved by an outside agency, there is no penalty and the ball must be replaced.
[/quote]

My dad I were playing in Myrtle Beach. This squirrel run across in front of my dad who was getting ready to tee off. That is not the strange part as seeing squirrels on the golf course is somewhat normal. The squirrel stops and starts humping the wooden tee marker. Goes to town on it for a few seconds and then runs off. The squirrel was banging the wooden tee marker. We laughed so hard and we could hardly hit the ball.

A Bosnian war criminal lived in Everett for quite awhile ( [url="http://seattletimes.com/html/theblotter/2014762121_everett_man_suspected_of_war_c.html?syndication=rss"]http://seattletimes.com/html/theblotter/2014762121_everett_man_suspected_of_war_c.html?syndication=rss[/url] ) and he lived right off the 4th or 5th fairway at Everett G & C. The course is an extremely nice course but these apartments that line these fairways are possibly the sketchiest, creepiest things i've ever seen on a golf course. It housed this war criminal for years...i mean if thats not evidence enough for you i don't know what is. Anyway, so my friend took me out this july and we are walking the 5th fairway and we hear a bunch of screaming from this one apartment building. Suddenly, we see an obese woman in bra and panties pushed outside and a door being slammed shut. Suddenly, the woman opens the back end of her car (I have no idea why she even had her keys) and grabs a huge TV and she hauls it over to the window by the door and throws it through it at full force then drives her car off after swearing for about five minutes.

We were simply awestruck in the fairway.

• 2 years later...

[quote name='lanky 1' timestamp='1435972169' post='11884594']
i heard screeching comming from the woods,,sort of like a bird,,got over there and there was a snake wrapped aound a squirell..happened yesterday. have pictures
[/quote]

Let's see 'em.

Callaway Epic 10.5
Cobra biocell+ 3-4 Wood 14.5
Mizuno MP-H5 2 Iron
Mizuno MP 54 4-PW
Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52 and 54
Callaway MD2 PM Grind 60
Byron Morgan DH89

a dead player. I couldn't have been more than 15. just out there all junior golfer, summer twilight round, didn't have a clue about much of anything in life. we make the turn, got probably 1/2 hour of sunlight, tee off ten then figure we catch 18 back up to the clubhouse. down near 10 green we found him, he had his push cart, club was dropped on the ground. he had been dead for a while. we jog back in. proshop said he had snuck out off ten way before we found him. they call it in, still remember the EMT's driving down the cartpath to go get him. heart attack. gone right there on the spot. finding him was surreal.