2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Strangest thing that you have seen on the golf course.

[quote name='Mi-Golfer' timestamp='1347545059' post='5633817']
[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1347540000' post='5633513']
[size=4][sub][sub][color=#222222]People fornicating, drug users, animals of all shapes and sizes you name it. [/color][/sub][/sub][/size]

[size=4][sub][sub][color=#222222]Here in Detroit the strangest thing is probably the homeless hordes that often live in the woods next to courses here. It's common knowledge that you don't go into the woods here to look for a ball or you will most likely be robbed. At dusk most of them start to move out on the course to get returnable cans and any food they can get from the garbage. If you are playing at that time it's also a good idea not to be on the back nine as a single lol! A lot of dudes can end up having a conversation with four or five guys that magically appear out of nowhere who are hoping for some kindness in the form of a financial donation. [/color][/sub][/sub][/size]

[/quote]

Seriously? What course we talking about? Chandler Park? Palmer Park?
[/quote]

[color=#222222][size=2]I made the mistake of listing a course I played at here many moons ago and some of the stranger members started to try to track me down and find out my real name so I won't confirm or deny anything, but I would say it wouldn't be strange to hear a plane coming in for a landing as all this is happening. :) [/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=2] [/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=2]The problem is they kicked most of them out of the abandoned neighborhoods when they tore them down and created "urban prairies" so they are mobile again. There were hundreds of them moving around Commerce Park a few days ago. I don't know what the current vacancy rate is but it has to be 20% or higher. It's creepy man, you have to be very cautious. You find yourself in a bad spot, you give them what they want, and you move on. That's kind of the way it goes. I carry a "spare" wallet with me when I ma out and about that I can give away with no harm done and that has a few 20s in it to make anyone happy just in case. Only a fool takes on four or five dudes who might not have eaten in days with only a sand wedge. [/size][/color]

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bazzer' timestamp='1347551821' post='5634429']
Tee box at a local course is framed by trees, but also has a high voltage power line that runs across, perhaps 80 yards out, maybe 15 yards high. The sort of thing you generally ignore. Playing there recently, first one of our foursome hits driver, smacks the power line and bounces directly back, almost to the tee. Pretty rare, but happens on occasion, right? Well, I step up and do exactly the same thing, whack and the ball is back nearly on the tee box. Bizarre.
[/quote]

Rancocas Golf Course in New Jersey has a similar situation. It's maybe 100 yards out and my friends dad hits it with his 3w 1 in 10 times.

[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1347513047' post='5633055']
Albino squirrel

Golf cart in a pond

Golf cart in a river on top of a boulder

A moose

Guy and his girlfriend banging in a cart

[b]Guys smoking joints[/b]

Girls playing golf in bikinis (not as much strange, but just awesome)

Hmm, I'll try to think of some more..
[/quote]

This is strange to people?

3 ghost on both tee box and green, true story!!

airport approach light run across the fairway.

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

Playing in the evening at a course that will remain nameless in North Dakota, I see two teen-age kids coming up the adjacent fairway. They're both shirtless and wearing jeans, miller lite cans in hand, and playing out of the same bag. As I'm watching, they start yelling at each other and this quickly escalates to a fight. By this time I've stopped walking and am just watching this in disbelief. After about a minute of wrestling and punching, they get up and just walk off the course leaving their beer cans and bag of clubs laying in the fairway.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

[quote name='Jeremy Thee' timestamp='1347564494' post='5635427']
[quote name='whcwhc' timestamp='1347563444' post='5635341']

[/quote]Ghost's huh?
[/quote]

Ghost !!!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

[quote name='Jeremy Thee' timestamp='1347564494' post='5635427']
[quote name='whcwhc' timestamp='1347563444' post='5635341']

[/quote]Ghost's huh?
[/quote]The Country Club I worked at here in Colorado was supposed to have a ghost that could be seen around the first tee box and the starter shack, I never saw it but many of the members and staff said they had seen him more than once usually in the early AM.

#Mizuno
#PlayFamously
#TeamJPX

Ya, here in CA lots of dudes are firing up on the course. It's funny when they try and sneak it.

The animal stories reminded me of a squirrel that invaded my bag a few months ago.

On a few of the holes we'll grab the club we need and trek back to the tee box.

After hitting my shot we're waling back to the bags and there's a squirrel standing on the bag.

He's got my energy drink powder tipped above his face (picture your friend drinking a bud in college) and is shaking/dumping it all over his face and into his mouth as fast as he can.

As we walk up, he looks over at me with a purple face and stares me down until I'm about 10' away, then casually drops the packet on the ground and runs up the tree. I'm pretty sure I heard him say "how ya like me now biaatch!"

The little bastage had unzipped the zippers on my bag, rifled the contents and found the foil energy powder containers. They were scattered everywhere and he was on his 3rd or 4th one by the time we saw him.

I'll bet he had the 5hits for three days eating that much in one sitting. :)

Its funny now since no one was hurt, but at the time I was just in awe...

High school conference tournament many years ago I am on the number one green getting ready to putt. The green is close to #2 tee box and on the other side of the number 2 tee box is a road that is about 200 feet away. The road is higher than the course by about 6-8 feet and takes a decently sharp turn near the course. As I am taking a practice stroke I hear a huge crash and look up in time to see a Ford Ranger flipping across the grass towards #2 tee box. We all drop our clubs and run over as this older gentleman crawls out of his totalled Ranger, still in shock and kind of dazed. We call 911 and when the ambulance arrives we go back to resume play. Needless to say I didn't make my putt that I had left. The driver had fell asleep at the wheel and flew onto the course.

TaylorMade M5 10.5* w/ Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 6X
Titleist 915f 15* w/ RIP Phenom 80X
Titleist 718 T-MB 3 Iron w/ Project X 6.5 Rifle
Titleist 718 CB 4-PW w/ KBS Tour 130 X
Titleist Vokey SM7 52* and 56*
TaylorMade Hi-Toe 60*
TaylorMade TP Red Ardmore 2 CS

[quote name='nfinch10' timestamp='1347559728' post='5635087']
[quote name='Johnny Biarritz' timestamp='1347513047' post='5633055']
Albino squirrel

Golf cart in a pond

Golf cart in a river on top of a boulder

A moose

[b][color=#ff0000]Guy and his girlfriend banging in a cart[/color][/b]

[b]Guys smoking joints[/b]

Girls playing golf in bikinis (not as much strange, but just awesome)

Hmm, I'll try to think of some more..
[/quote]

This is strange to people?
[/quote]

Even better question....This is strange to people???? LOL

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

Actually was about 7 years ago...Playing in a local tournament that started at noon. Course had 3 nines and some jackwagon let locals out on the same loop as the tournament. We get on the 6th hole and have a 45-50 minute wait. Like legit....All of a sudden we see 4 carts top the hill and come to the teebox. They were guys who worked at the course. Said play had been suspended due to an accident....We throw our bags on the carts and they drive us in. A guy had a heart attack on the 9th green, and actually died....Ambulance, paramedics, cops and coroner all over the green.... I felt bad for saying hacks were holding us up...

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

Saw an old man try to drive up a huge hill in his cart....it was wet and he lost traction near the top and it was going back into the ravine /creek. He messed with it a minute and then bailed out. He rolled about 3/4 of the way down the hill....probably like 75 ft before stopping. The cart of course went all the way and ended up wedged into the creek. He was unscathed though and got his clubs and continued his round.

Alligator briefly chasing a golf cart.
Black faced sheep humping on a fairway in Wisconsin.
Man taking a dump right behind a tee box- used his golf towel afterwards.
Red tailed hawk thrashing a ground hog by picking it up and dropping it twice, then just standing on top of it.
Golf cart rolling over on the side of a hill.

TM M5 10.5* Diamana BF 60TX
TM M1 15* Diamana Kai'li 80g X
Titleist 716 T-MB 3; 620 CB 4-PW Project X 6.0
TM Milled Grind 50, 54; Hi-Toe 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
ProV1

[quote name='Splitter' timestamp='1347565916' post='5635531']
Ya, here in CA lots of dudes are firing up on the course. It's funny when they try and sneak it.

The animal stories reminded me of a squirrel that invaded my bag a few months ago.

On a few of the holes we'll grab the club we need and trek back to the tee box.

After hitting my shot we're waling back to the bags and there's a squirrel standing on the bag.

He's got my energy drink powder tipped above his face (picture your friend drinking a bud in college) and is shaking/dumping it all over his face and into his mouth as fast as he can.

As we walk up, he looks over at me with a purple face and stares me down until I'm about 10' away, then casually drops the packet on the ground and runs up the tree. I'm pretty sure I heard him say "how ya like me now biaatch!"

The little bastage had unzipped the zippers on my bag, rifled the contents and found the foil energy powder containers. They were scattered everywhere and he was on his 3rd or 4th one by the time we saw him.

I'll bet he had the 5hits for three days eating that much in one sitting. :)
[/quote]

What course? Quite a few in the Bay Area I can see this happenning at. Los Lagos has a bunch of Turkey's and Fox's. The Fox's will sleep and play in the bunkers. They will also go right up into your cart to see what they can take. I've seen them try and run off with cell phones and keys before, the rangers think it has something to do with shinny things.

[quote name='floycota' timestamp='1347553846' post='5634627']
[quote name='oldyaler' timestamp='1347478106' post='5630191']
An albino squirrel.
[/quote]
At Yale?
[/quote]LOL. Nope. At Cowans Ford Country Club in N.C.

And my username doesn't mean what you think it means... I used to drive a 35 year old YALE forklift.

[quote name='crew_138' timestamp='1347479807' post='5630379']
A buddy of mine was at our company tourney and after several holes they began to tee off when they saw a SWAT team crossing the fairway to arrest someone. Needless to say they didn't really know what to do and had to skip a few holes to carry on. True story... I laughed my bottom off. This was in Tucson, AZ by the way.
[/quote]
Gotta love the Dirty T!

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1347553884' post='5634637']
[quote name='Mi-Golfer' timestamp='1347545059' post='5633817']
[quote name='TheDarkOne' timestamp='1347540000' post='5633513']
[size=4][sub][sub][color=#222222]People fornicating, drug users, animals of all shapes and sizes you name it. [/color][/sub][/sub][/size]

[size=4][sub][sub][color=#222222]Here in Detroit the strangest thing is probably the homeless hordes that often live in the woods next to courses here. It's common knowledge that you don't go into the woods here to look for a ball or you will most likely be robbed. At dusk most of them start to move out on the course to get returnable cans and any food they can get from the garbage. If you are playing at that time it's also a good idea not to be on the back nine as a single lol! A lot of dudes can end up having a conversation with four or five guys that magically appear out of nowhere who are hoping for some kindness in the form of a financial donation. [/color][/sub][/sub][/size]

[/quote]

Seriously? What course we talking about? Chandler Park? Palmer Park?
[/quote]

[color=#222222][size=2]I made the mistake of listing a course I played at here many moons ago and some of the stranger members started to try to track me down and find out my real name so I won't confirm or deny anything, but I would say it wouldn't be strange to hear a plane coming in for a landing as all this is happening. :) [/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=2] [/size][/color]
[color=#222222][size=2]The problem is they kicked most of them out of the abandoned neighborhoods when they tore them down and created "urban prairies" so they are mobile again. There were hundreds of them moving around Commerce Park a few days ago. I don't know what the current vacancy rate is but it has to be 20% or higher. It's creepy man, you have to be very cautious. You find yourself in a bad spot, you give them what they want, and you move on. That's kind of the way it goes. I carry a "spare" wallet with me when I ma out and about that I can give away with no harm done and that has a few 20s in it to make anyone happy just in case. Only a fool takes on four or five dudes who might not have eaten in days with only a sand wedge. [/size][/color]
[/quote]

You mean your real name is not TheDarkOne?

When I was just out of high school we caught up to a foursome of women on hole #6 who decided it was too hot to wear shirts. They apparently had this planned out since they were wearing bikini tops. At least 3 of them were. After all the "no freakin ways" we noticed one wasn't even wearing a bikini top. Unfortunately, the ranger spotted them before we got up to the 7th teebox. He didn't kick any of them off the course, just made put their shirts back on, LOL.

10th tee box at local course has water all along the right side of it. As you pull up in the cart every single turtle and catfish swims up to you begging for food.

Titleist 910D3 10.5* VTS Silver 7X
Titleist 910F 15* VTS Silver 7X
Titleist 910H 21* VTS Red 100X
Adams CMB 3-P, SM4 50.12* DG X100's
54.11*, 58.08* DG S400
Scotty Cameron Studio select Newport 2
WITB Link