2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Myrtle Beach Vacation

hgb

I am planning a trip for next April and want to stay at a top rated resort and play the best courses - but want to make sure that I am getting the best value. Am I better off booking accommodations and golf together as a package deal and, if so, could you recommend either a hotel or travel group that proivdes me the greatest flexibility in the courses I select.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try Myrtle beach golf desk or Century 21/thomas, I have been going for years and have had zero issues with either of them...How many guys you have going?...Picked any courses yet?

Callaway Sub Zero, Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Ping SF Tech 16*
Titleist 816H1 21*
Titleist 913H 24*
Callaway Razr MB 5-PW
Vokey SM7 52*, 56*, 60*
Spider X Copper

Call Brian Noblin at Myrtle Beach Golf Desk. He will book both the lodging and golf. If you want to stay at one of the higher end accommodations in Myrtle Beach, I'd suggest either the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes or the Yacht Club Villas at Barefoot Resort. You can stay at these places and play wherever you want. However, you will get a discount is you stay at Barefott and play one or more of their four courses or if you stay at Marina Inn and play one or both of the courses at Grande Dunes. After that Golf is a la carte vis-a-vis the lodging, although you can get discounted green fees by playing courses that arepart of the same group of courses owned or managed by one management group.

Another group is the legends, we take a annual trip to MB in december, courses are good and there are 5 (3 on the property, 2 offsite) It cost 265 for 3 nights and 3 rounds, included is a free breakfast buffet, free lunch, and 2 free drink tickets...Hard to beat for the price, and pretty good tracks. You stay in the condos they have with 4/condo (2 bed rooms, 4 double beds, tv in bedrooms as well as a den, bathroom in each b/r, and full kitchen). Pool and tennis courts are available but in december we dont use those. There is a main lounge at the course as well as a pub on the property that we walk to from the condos, open until 11(again this is in december). Rates im sure will be higher in april but I highly reccommend this option.

Another group from the club is actually on a MB trip right now. I am not sure where they stay but the trip is from tues night-sat night and they play wed, thur, fri, and sat. (some play on tues if they leave in the am but that is not included. They pay 500 for the trip. I know they play cape fear national (best course they play, awesome track) shaftsbury glenn (usually on tuesday), tigers eye or leopards chase (on NC border), oyster bay (part of the legends courses) and Im not sure about the other 2. I will ask our GM when they get back who he books that trip with, where they stay (i know it is condos) and the other 2 courses. if you are still looking.

Lot of good tracks down there, it is hard to find bent grass greens though. I know shaftsbury and cape fear both have bent, but I think everywhere else they play is bermuda.

[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G400 Max 10.5*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Silver 130ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Epic Flash 15*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black 130ts[/size][size=1][/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Ping G410 21*[/b][/color] [size=1]Aldila Rogue Black Hybrid 95ts[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Mizuno MP20 4-P[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X LZ 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Mizuno T20 50*, 54*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X LZ 6.0[/size]
[color=#0066ff][b]Callaway Jaws MD5 60*[/b][/color] [size=1]Project X 6.0[/size]
[color=#ff0000][b]Taylormade Spider[/b][/color]

[quote name='sabram' timestamp='1351463837' post='5859287']
Call Brian Noblin at Myrtle Beach Golf Desk. He will book both the lodging and golf. If you want to stay at one of the higher end accommodations in Myrtle Beach, I'd suggest either the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes or the Yacht Club Villas at Barefoot Resort. You can stay at these places and play wherever you want. However, you will get a discount is you stay at Barefott and play one or more of their four courses or if you stay at Marina Inn and play one or both of the courses at Grande Dunes. After that Golf is a la carte vis-a-vis the lodging, although you can get discounted green fees by playing courses that arepart of the same group of courses owned or managed by one management group.
[/quote]

Brian will get you all you want in one call!

Go to his website to get some ideas one of the best forums on the web and best one for MB. www.myrtlebeackgolftalk.com

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

[quote name='hgb' timestamp='1351463172' post='5859257']
I am planning a trip for next April and want to stay at a top rated resort and play the best courses - but want to make sure that I am getting the best value. Am I better off booking accommodations and golf together as a package deal and, if so, could you recommend either a hotel or travel group that proivdes me the greatest flexibility in the courses I select.
[/quote]

I would stay somewhere central that way you can go to north or south for great golf. Below is some of the course you should really think about playing.

Caledonia, True Blue, TPC MB, Dunes, Grand Dunes, Legends, Bald Head Island, Carolina National, Pawleys Plantation, Prestwick and there are some i am missing.

If you have anything specific ask me been going there for 10 plus years.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='sheppy335' timestamp='1351710541' post='5873629']
[/quote]

Go to his website to get some ideas one of the best forums on the web and best one for MB. www.myrtlebeackgolftalk.com
[/quote]

I tried to book with Brian this year. After trading a couple messages, he didn't respond to either e-mails or phone calls. I left him Voice mails and messages with co workers on days they said he was on the phone. My last e-mail message was "if you want our business, please call me this week." He never responded to at least 4 attempts to reach him.

All of this was before we had a conversation about what I was looking for (besides 5 days golf/lodging for 12 players). Who needs a tour operator that won't respond. I've been booking for this group for the last seven years and its the first time I was ignored. There's are plenty of operators that you shouldn't have to beg Brian to provide service.

We've always done Barefoot with our group. Nice 3 bedroom condos at the Yacht Club (everyone gets their own room) and a very good breakfast buffet. We usually play 2 rounds there (Love and Fazio) and 2 rounds elsewhere. There are many good courses. Tidewater and Dunes are 2 favorites and not too long a drive. Caledonia and True Blue are great, a long drive from Barefoot but worth it, especially if you want to play 36 that day, the replay rate on the 2nd course is a great deal. There's a really good Italian restaurant (Finocchio's) on the way back to Barefoot. Barefoot will book everything for you including the offsite courses. We go in the prime golf season (Spring or Fall), play the best courses, and everyone has their own room (we don't do roommates). Total cost per person is about $900 for 4 nights and 4 rounds of golf. If you double up in the rooms and/or play 36 a day it will be less expensive.

Wife and I went to Litchfield Beach Resort on Pawley's Island. Nice condo and made to order breakfast. They'll book the golf anywhere you want. They're close to Caledonia, True Blue, TPC, and Heritage. Reasonably priced but that was two of us in a one bedroom condo. I'm sure they have multiple bedroom condos.

Might want to check out Legends Resort. Haven't been there but heard good things. It's centrally located.

Many good options in Myrtle

[quote name='daverain1' timestamp='1353293813' post='5952001']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I tried to book with Brian this year. After trading a couple messages, he didn't respond to either e-mails or phone calls. I left him Voice mails and messages with co workers on days they said he was on the phone. My last e-mail message was "if you want our business, please call me this week." He never responded to at least 4 attempts to reach him.

All of this was before we had a conversation about what I was looking for (besides 5 days golf/lodging for 12 players). Who needs a tour operator that won't respond. I've been booking for this group for the last seven years and its the first time I was ignored. There's are plenty of operators that you shouldn't have to beg Brian to provide service.
[/quote]

Funny low posts and you have placed this same bogus story in other places about Brian. Troll please don't place misleading information about people.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 

[quote name='sheppy335' timestamp='1353521686' post='5962815']
[quote name='daverain1' timestamp='1353293813' post='5952001']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny low posts and you have placed this same bogus story in other places about Brian. Troll please don't place misleading information about people.
[/quote]

This person posted about the trouble he was having getting Brian on the phone at the time he was doing it. It was a fairly balanced post.

I don't think calling him a troll is accurate, simply because he has had a different experience than you have had with Brian.

I like and use Brian, but it IS difficult to get him to respond sometimes, and it shouldn't be that way.

[quote name='jeffc' timestamp='1353854859' post='5976007']
I'm planning our 15th annual trip this year and have used Brian in the past. He is difficult to get a hold of and this year I sent a couple of requests and never heard back so I went elsewhere. When I have used him he has been good.
[/quote]

I would give MyrtleBeachGolf.com a chance. I have been coming to Myrtle for about 5 years and have been searching for someone that i feel comfortable with and have seem to find a good fit.

[quote name='War_Eagle3' timestamp='1353885780' post='5977673']
[quote name='jeffc' timestamp='1353854859' post='5976007']
I'm planning our 15th annual trip this year and have used Brian in the past. He is difficult to get a hold of and this year I sent a couple of requests and never heard back so I went elsewhere. When I have used him he has been good.
[/quote]

I would give MyrtleBeachGolf.com a chance. I have been coming to Myrtle for about 5 years and have been searching for someone that i feel comfortable with and have seem to find a good fit.
[/quote]

we're going with MB Golf Authority. they are affiliated with our condo company, Elliott Realty and have good prices and it gets us a discount on our condo booking together.

Guys - I spoke with Brian today via email... First just let me say I'm not an employee or a friend, just a repeat customer... And I am posting this on my own. I guess there is a lot going on at Golf Desk. The owners wife just passed not too long ago and the owner himself was diagnosed with cancer recently. Brian told me that his role has shifted from just serving customers to doing that as well as pretty much running the business as well. So it sounds like he's juggling multiple roles right now. I made him aware of the concerns people had here with response time and he assured me he/they are going at it the best he can right now. He did say that they're better at quotes on the phone and in most cases they can give you multiple quotes immediately rather than going back and forth via email. I hope this clears the air a bit. And I also hope that people still give the golf desk a chance.

[quote name='Fore_Man' timestamp='1353957965' post='5980981']
Guys - I spoke with Brian today via email... First just let me say I'm not an employee or a friend, just a repeat customer... And I am posting this on my own. I guess there is a lot going on at Golf Desk. The owners wife just passed not too long ago and the owner himself was diagnosed with cancer recently. Brian told me that his role has shifted from just serving customers to doing that as well as pretty much running the business as well. So it sounds like he's juggling multiple roles right now. I made him aware of the concerns people had here with response time and he assured me he/they are going at it the best he can right now. He did say that they're better at quotes on the phone and in most cases they can give you multiple quotes immediately rather than going back and forth via email. I hope this clears the air a bit. And I also hope that people still give the golf desk a chance.
[/quote]

Good info. Thanks.

The truth is, I've used Brian because I get a LOT of value out of a service he provides: the Myrtle Beach Golf Talk forum - the single best Myrtle Beach trip-planning tool on the planet. I believe in paying back that work in the form of using him to book my MYR trips.

Hopefully things get a bit more settled for Brian.