2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2006 MidWest GolfWRX Outing is Approaching!

Golfchicago

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are alot of great resorts in the Midwest.  I think it should be centerely located so more can take advantage and priced right.  I guess i'm not so concerned about the quality of a "great" course as much as I would enjoy the comradire of the group.

32330[/snapback]

Forget the spot. 3Days in Fort Lauderdale, 36 a day is the way to go. I have organized one for the last 4 years. Golf Heaven/Getaway. Bonaventure, Jacaronda, Inverrary & 1 day @ Doral Blue Monster. You can't beat it, when you're like the Northeast & Midwest & Jan, 0 degrees & much snow for 4-5 months and the avg temp on FLL is high 70's as well as hangin in South Beach!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
do we have an interest in a 2006 midwest golf outing???  Believe me I will get us on a top notch private track. I know it is early, but I'd like to start now to see who is intersted.

JC or Richard please make this a sticky

31890[/snapback]

Where you talking about playing?

I would love to play Cog Hill Dubs Dread again. My dream course would be Butler National if you know a member. I grew up in Aurora and went to the Western open every year for 10 years straight when I was a kid.

Birdie, those courses are very exclusive and it would be difficult to get a large group off those courses and you are looking at paying 200 to 250, but I like your taste, brother!

I think we shouls look to spend 100 to 150 tops for the first year, so that we appeal to a bigger audience. Ageed?

33255[/snapback]

I agree, I was just yanking your chain.

Other than your place or Crystal Tree, here's some other places that IMHO are usually in good /very good condition, principally in the are of green quality: (trying to keep to the price range also)

Cantigny-although not one of my favorites-I think the design is weak

Thunderhawk

The Glen

Stonewall Orchard

Prairie Landing

Oak Grove-long drive as it's west of Antioch, Il.

Makray Memorial-Great redesign of an old goat pasture in Barrington and a brand new clubhouse

Midlane-this might be a more appropriate course for a wide range of handicaps although it doesn't have the WOW factor of other courses

Ruffled Feathers-haven't been there in at least 5 years but I still hear good reviews of the course conditions

Mistwood-although they do not have the dining/bar facilities of other course mentioned here

The Bog-Saukville, Wi

Pine Meadow

Geneva National

Harborside

White Deer Run

Where this outing ends up at, is certainly dependent upon the location of attendees, so as to reduce driving time. :drinks:

33264[/snapback]

Anyone got a hook up at Kemper Lakes?

Another dream course.........

Birdie, those courses are very exclusive and it would be difficult to get a large group off those courses and you are looking at paying 200 to 250, but I like your taste, brother!

I think we shouls look to spend 100 to 150 tops for the first year, so that we appeal to a bigger audience. Ageed?

33255[/snapback]

I agree, I was just yanking your chain.

Other than your place or Crystal Tree, here's some other places that IMHO are usually in good /very good condition, principally in the are of green quality: (trying to keep to the price range also)

Cantigny-although not one of my favorites-I think the design is weak

Thunderhawk

The Glen

Stonewall Orchard

Prairie Landing

Oak Grove-long drive as it's west of Antioch, Il.

Makray Memorial-Great redesign of an old goat pasture in Barrington and a brand new clubhouse

Midlane-this might be a more appropriate course for a wide range of handicaps although it doesn't have the WOW factor of other courses

Ruffled Feathers-haven't been there in at least 5 years but I still hear good reviews of the course conditions

Mistwood-although they do not have the dining/bar facilities of other course mentioned here

The Bog-Saukville, Wi

Pine Meadow

Geneva National

Harborside

White Deer Run

Where this outing ends up at, is certainly dependent upon the location of attendees, so as to reduce driving time. :drinks:

33264[/snapback]

Anyone got a hook up at Kemper Lakes?

Another dream course.........

52212[/snapback]

Kemper Lakes is a public course, so that shouldn't be too hard to organize an outing on.

-Thomas

Count me in!

Have PINGS, will travel!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Ignon, what is the best time for college golfers to make the travel?

47371[/snapback]

Trying to factor in Chicago weather, I would assume we're talking summer. After 2nd week of May, most college kids are out. Georgia Tech finishes the spring semester on May 5th so I'll be a college grad at that point :drinks:

If we're talking earlier, then you're looking at Spring break, which is pretty popular for the 3rd week of May, 19-25.

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I just thought I'd let you know that Crystal Tree is reconstructing their 14th and 15th holes. They are entirely mud right now. I was there last week and a staff member there said it would not be finished for a while. I highly doubt sod would be planted now, so if you guys want to play all 18 you may need to delay the outing.

Daly

I just thought I'd let you know that Crystal Tree is reconstructing their 14th and 15th holes.  They are entirely mud right now.  I was there last week and a staff member there said it would not be finished for a while.  I highly doubt sod would be planted now, so if you guys want to play all 18 you may need to delay the outing.

Daly

54217[/snapback]

Hi Frank, I'm in! :drinks:

Nice playing with you today, can't wait to do it again.

Jim

I just thought I'd let you know that Crystal Tree is reconstructing their 14th and 15th holes.  They are entirely mud right now.  I was there last week and a staff member there said it would not be finished for a while.  I highly doubt sod would be planted now, so if you guys want to play all 18 you may need to delay the outing.

Daly

54217[/snapback]

Hi Daly, I look into it! We can always get another course. No problem if need be.

Daly

54217[/snapback]

Just talked to my buddy over at CT and you are right. They hope to have it ready by summer. We will take that off the list. It is not worth the gamble. So we are back to the drawing board!

Put me down as a yes. I had a good time at Dubs even though the course was soggy and my play was less than stellar that day.

Anywhere in the Chicago area is fine with me.

PING G Kuro Kage HBP 60
Callaway XR16 3 & 5W Tensei CK Blue 70
PING G25 23 Hybrid GD Tour AD 85g Hyb
Callaway Apex CF16 5-GW Recoil 780ES
Callaway MD3 54 & 58 Recoil 110
TaylorMade Spider Tour Red / SS Flatso 1.0
Bridgestone Tour B330

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking of setting up the actual event day at a 100 dollar price range course and then make a second day available at a course like Olympia Fields. It would be especially helpful for those out of towners staying for the weekend. They could get in two rounds and make the trip worth while. Thoughts? Interest?

• 2 weeks later...

I would like very much to be notified if any such golf outing will take place....thanks much in advance!

[size=2][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][b][color=#000000]Titleist TS3 10.5[/color][color=#a9a9a9] Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 9.2 x-flex[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist TS3 13.5[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Aldila NV 95 x-flex[/color]--[color=#000000]-Titleist TS3 18.0[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Fujikura Fit-On Pro 95 x-flex[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist 718 AP2 #3[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Titleist 718 AP2 #5-#9[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]--[color=#000000]-Vokey SM7 46.10 F Grind[/color][color=#a9a9a9] Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 52.12 F Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 56.10 S Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Vokey SM7 60.04 L Grind[/color] [color=#a9a9a9]Project X 7.0[/color][/b]
[b][color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Select Newport II[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Select Squareback 1.5[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Tour Newport 2.5 350g.[/color] [color=#000000]welded neck[/color]---[color=#000000]Scotty Cameron Tour Rat Concept 2.0[/color]---[color=#000000]Titleist ProV1x[/color][/b][/font][/size]

Im thinking of setting up the actual event day at a 100 dollar price range course and then make a second day available at a course like Olympia Fields. It would be especially helpful for those out of towners staying for the weekend. They could get in two rounds and make the trip worth while. Thoughts? Interest?

Olympia Fields would be a good option - especially the north course.

I would be very interested, but try to keep it somewhat affordable, there are plenty of public courses which are just as nice as private ones, even if private, im still in. We ought to set up a playing partner forum like a month before so that people can find playing partners of their age/proffession/ability level. I dont want to get owned by some guy in his seventees and look like an a**.

Mike,, grst idea. When it gets close to the tournament, I will start appropiately matching everybody up.

• 4 weeks later...

That would be marvelous! I could definitely get excited about a deal like that.