Private Clubs Tampa

Openwater22

Love Belleair. Really like the West. If I lived in Clearwater/Sand key that’s where I would be. Wasn’t the West renovated last year? We were at Innisbrook last October and  couldn’t get on. The two prior years we were able to get out and we were treated extremely well. The Pro and his staff are the best. You’re at a great club.

On 9/13/2020 at 11:45 AM, argoodman said:

In the Tampa Bay Area, there are only 2-3 private courses that are difficult to get on.  I used lust after playing at Old Memorial, Palma Ceia or Avila.  That is not how I play golf anymore.  5 hour rounds of golf and losing time to be with my family is not my objective.

I think it all comes down to what you want.  I am a member at Belleair.  I can take my six year old anytime to the driving range without other members angrily glaring.  In the afternoon, we can easily play holes and not be concerned when 3 holes is enough.  It is a good, golf family environment.  I wanted a club where I can jump in a cart, practice easily, play easily and not be concerned about caddies.

PS. They have 36 holes.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds fantastic.  What is the cost to join Belleair for full golf membership? Monthly fees?

Edited by F.Eddie

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

At this point, every private club in tampa bay has a waitlist so it seems.... even the member/guest at OM has a waitlist to play.... I've never seen it this bad in 10 years.  You're better off hawking a public tee time so you don't have to pay the initiation fee.  

Edited by jerebear21

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

On 9/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, jerebear21 said:

At this point, every private club in tampa bay has a waitlist so it seems.... even the member/guest at OM has a waitlist to play.... I've never seen it this bad in 10 years.  You're better off hawking a public tee time so you don't have to pay the initiation fee.  

Pretty much true of the entire state. Best thing to happen to golf clubs was Covid. Sad but true.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:00 AM, jerebear21 said:

Pretty much this. I just checked in on a club that, probably 6-7 years ago was begging you to join. Now it’s $20k initiation and $500+/month for a JUNIOR member.  It’s gotten absolutely nuts down here in the last 18-24 months.  Your best bet is to buy a house in one of the master planned communities around Lakewood Ranch that come with golf membership in the HOA. Only problem there is I’m told most of them are packed with casual players and, from my experience, not really walkable. 

Edited by ilikegolf26

On 9/28/2021 at 9:46 PM, ilikegolf26 said:

Pretty much this. I just checked in on a club that, probably 6-7 years ago was begging you to join. Now it’s $20k initiation and $500+/month for a JUNIOR member.  It’s gotten absolutely nuts down here in the last 18-24 months.  Your best bet is to buy a house in one of the master planned communities around Lakewood Ranch that come with golf membership in the HOA. Only problem there is I’m told most of them are packed with casual players and, from my experience, not really walkable. 

That's a good take for HOAs with included golf memberships. Do you happen to have a list of golf communities in the area that fall in that bucket?

1 hour ago, thatsagimme said:

That's a good take for HOAs with included golf memberships. Do you happen to have a list of golf communities in the area that fall in that bucket?

Not a list but Lakewood National and Azario at Esplanade Lakewood Ranch are two that come to mind. Lakewood National actually has two courses, one of which hosts a Korn Ferry event. 

I don't believe there are many new builds left at lakewood nationals but if you want to pay the reselling price it's available.  A buddy of mine wanted to buy in a couple years back when HOA and golf dues were tied in(a townhome was in the 180s range; now in the high 300s range). It was rather very affordable. From what I remember, around 600 per month for HOA and golf dues, not carts included with a very reasonable food minimum.  I will say Azario isn't on the same level as the national.  They may be across the street from each other but the national, particularly commander, is a much superior golf course/design/conditions.  

Folks in StPete are being pushed out by outsiders.  Recent news of Cathie Woods bringing her HQ down to stpete will push prices of clubs/housing even more, considering the type of folks that are coming down with her.  My best man, a senior at guggenheim, is working remotely in clearwater beach and his rent is half that of manhattan, but still twice that of the average st pete mortgage 2-3 years ago.  It's absurd.  Innisbrook may be the best bet for a membership in pinellas county, but if you want a private experience, I think the days of low initiation and abundance is over.  My club is on waitlist with 5x the initiation that I paid for when I joined.  It's not really fair for natives here. And those looking to join, good luck.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

57 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

I don't believe there are many new builds left at lakewood nationals but if you want to pay the reselling price it's available.  A buddy of mine wanted to buy in a couple years back when HOA and golf dues were tied in(a townhome was in the 180s range; now in the high 300s range). It was rather very affordable. From what I remember, around 600 per month for HOA and golf dues, not carts included with a very reasonable food minimum.  I will say Azario isn't on the same level as the national.  They may be across the street from each other but the national, particularly commander, is a much superior golf course/design/conditions.  

Folks in StPete are being pushed out by outsiders.  Recent news of Cathie Woods bringing her HQ down to stpete will push prices of clubs/housing even more, considering the type of folks that are coming down with her.  My best man, a senior at guggenheim, is working remotely in clearwater beach and his rent is half that of manhattan, but still twice that of the average st pete mortgage 2-3 years ago.  It's absurd.  Innisbrook may be the best bet for a membership in pinellas county, but if you want a private experience, I think the days of low initiation and abundance is over.  My club is on waitlist with 5x the initiation that I paid for when I joined.  It's not really fair for natives here. And those looking to join, good luck.  

Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota counties will be ruined by outsiders within the next 5-10 years (I’d say Pinellas already has been and Manatee is getting very close with a new development popping up on every single piece of vacant land).

The entire state will fall after that once these northeasterners and  Californians bring their voting habits to the state.  Cathie should have kept her Ponzi scheme whereever she started it. 

Edited by ilikegolf26
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think for the most part folks in central florida are very level, even those who move here understand why it's so great to be in Pinellas County. Let's not be political about it. We are all neighbors. 

I'm all for Ms. Cathie.  There should be more females leading the way in the equity realm.  She's bringing tech, innovation and about 50B to the St Pete area.  Folks in St Pete should be thankful.  

I strongly suggest hawking the public tee time and once a year go to sand valley, bandon or dare I say, STREAMSONG, for a couple days.  You're not going to get any value in Tampa Bay right now.  

• Like 1

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

57 minutes ago, jerebear21 said:

I think for the most part folks in central florida are very level, even those who move here understand why it's so great to be in Pinellas County. Let's not be political about it. We are all neighbors. 

I'm all for Ms. Cathie.  There should be more females leading the way in the equity realm.  She's bringing tech, innovation and about 50B to the St Pete area.  Folks in St Pete should be thankful.  

I strongly suggest hawking the public tee time and once a year go to sand valley, bandon or dare I say, STREAMSONG, for a couple days.  You're not going to get any value in Tampa Bay right now.  

$50 billion? She manages like $78 billion in suckers’ funds. The TB Times article reported it would be a projected $26 million in economic impact through 2026. I’m not sure where you get $50 billion from. Also, the city of St. Pete DONATED the land to Ark. They couldn’t have at least paid for their own land?

Who cares if she’s a man or a woman? Who cares what genitalia the people leading the scams that are private equity firms have? Man or woman, winner or loser at the end of the year, they’re still going to get their fees and underperform the S&P in the long run. Cathie is just a better marketer than most of her counterparts. 

But yes, as far as golf there wasn’t really anywhere worth playing in Pinellas anyway (other than Innisbrook and maybe Pelican?) so, in terms of golf, the people will just have to pay more to play inferior courses to what’s down in Manatee and Sarasota.  I’m thankful I moved out of Pinellas two years ago. 

Edited by ilikegolf26
  • Like 3

You got to slow down my man.  There will be plenty of folks coming down and bringing their money to St Pete.  It's always good for business.  Got to be more open-minded.  Plenty of private equity firms have out performed the S&P index.  

No need to be upset about outsiders.  We had this entire paradise for a very long time until recently.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

On 10/7/2021 at 7:22 AM, jerebear21 said:

Covid has been great for golf. Not so much for golfers

21 minutes ago, Robber6656 said:

Outsider’s? That’s funny. I love Florida, own a place in Florida and never realized I was an outsider. 

no one calling you an outsider bud. I been here 30 years already and still here.  It was more a general statement like how my best man is residing in Clearwater beach cuz Guggenheim gave their senior investment bankers a reason to not pay manhattan prices. Cost of living is being reflected. 

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

20 hours ago, jerebear21 said:

no one calling you an outsider bud. I been here 30 years already and still here.  It was more a general statement like how my best man is residing in Clearwater beach cuz Guggenheim gave their senior investment bankers a reason to not pay manhattan prices. Cost of living is being reflected. 

Naples isn't cheap either. I live most of the year in NY. It's not the prices, it's the ridiculous taxes we pay in NY. Throw on another 3% for NYC. It's a joke here. The best realtor in Florida was Cuomo until he got his unwanted hand caught up numerous skirts.  Wall Street will soon be relocated to Miami.

Florida is mostly made up of outsiders. Most of the people I meet there weren't born and raised there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 9:26 AM, Robber6656 said:

Naples isn't cheap either. I live most of the year in NY. It's not the prices, it's the ridiculous taxes we pay in NY. Throw on another 3% for NYC. It's a joke here. The best realtor in Florida was Cuomo until he got his unwanted hand caught up numerous skirts.  Wall Street will soon be relocated to Miami.

Florida is mostly made up of outsiders. Most of the people I meet there weren't born and raised there. 

this is actually kind of funny, my wife and I are heading to NY this december to look for real estate in manhattan.  I still think the city has a lot to offer 6 months a year.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

2 minutes ago, ilikegolf26 said:

lol why?

my wife's from the yale area and spent her first half of life in the NYC area.  Prices are low right now.  It was always a play to spend half the year in NYC and the other half in StPete. Don't let the media tear us apart.  We are all neighbors and there are some mint clubs in the westchester area.  

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

• 2 months later...

Hypothetically, if you had the option to squeeze in 18 at Bellaire, Pelican or Concession, which would you choose?

TM Qi10LS 8*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Series 70 Flex-X

PXG 0341 X Gen 2 3W 15*, Devotion 75 Flex 04 (S) 

Titleist T-100 (2019) 3-PW, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 Flex S

Titleist Vokey SM9 50* 08F, 56* 14F, Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 125 Wedge Flex S

Titleist Scotty Cameron 2021 Phantom X 5.5

10 hours ago, jibbs1082 said:

Hypothetically, if you had the option to squeeze in 18 at Bellaire, Pelican or Concession, which would you choose?

Concession, BTW there are two courses at Belleair. East and West. I like the West more than the East. Both worth playing.  I would like to play Pelican just to see what they did to the place. I used to play there when it was the Belleview Biltmore.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 8:10 AM, Robber6656 said:

Concession, BTW there are two courses at Belleair. East and West. I like the West more than the East. Both worth playing.  I would like to play Pelican just to see what they did to the place. I used to play there when it was the Belleview Biltmore.

This, exactly. 

Watched the Pelican lpga tourney just to see biltmore reimagined.  Ha

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @9.5* w/Maltby MPF DR (S) 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @14.5* w/UST ProForce V2 75R 

Maltby KE4 TC Pro @19* w/UST ProForce V2 75R

PXG 0317X Proto @22* w/MMT 80S

Maltby TE+ 5-6  w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Maltby TS4 7-G w/Recoil Prototype 125f4

Mizuno T24 56/60 DG S400

*The putter committee*

• 2 weeks later...