RI AM tour

bmoney003

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't be doing any weekdays with the exception of the nicer courses (I prefer to bank my vacation time, but still might make a couple to some nice courses). I was sad when they nixed TPC Boston, but hey, stuff happens.

Triggs is still a maybe right now.

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

What time are you going off? I was listed with 3 others for 11 something then go moved to 10:09. 2nd group? I'll take it! :) (Especially being able to get done and home to catch the end of the Masters) :D

--kC

Ping 430Max 10k / Callaway UW 17 & 21 / Srixon ZX5 Irons (5-AW) / Vokey SM8 56* & 60*, Callaway, 64*

Ok, good group to play with the 1st time out. Finished in 4.5 hrs. Could have been quicker. I was in 2nd group out and by 12, the 1st group was about 1.5-2 holes behind. But still a 4.5 hr tourney round is good. What I found weird is 2 of the other three in my foursome DQd themselves for not holing out. I don't know why they took themselves out...

We were all shooting horribly, hell, even as a 13.5hdp, I shot 100. (Ick) But my 100 that was more about my shot selection/misses and the course (really slow greens at Meadow Brook this time of year). 3-3 putts and a 4. :unamused:

--kC

I was in the group in front of you. I was in the first tee time. And 4.5 hours for a round of tournament golf with a foursome in winds blowing 25-30mph isn't bad by any means. The geoup 2 holes ahead of us was because those guys are members of the course and know it like the back of their hands. They don't need to take the time and consideration over a shot that someone who has never seen the course before does. Also according to the AM Tour website, they try to keep Rounds under 5 hours. As it states, it's a tournament and should be treated as such. 4.5 is wayer under that allotted time. I'm glad you had fun. I did as well. It was pretty bad scoring conditions out there with the greens rolling terribly, the crazy wind gusts and the bad condition of the bunkers. But all in all it was a ton of fun. I'm looking forward to playing in future events.

I shot an 88 with 4 blow up holes.. had a lot of fun.. greens were rough.. bunkers were terrible.. wind was brutal.

Great times tho

Driver - TaylorMade M2 2017 - 9.5°
Fairway - TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood - 14.5°
Hybrid - TaylorMade RBZ 5 wood - 19°
Irons - PING i15 - 4 - PW / UW
Wedges - Taylormade MG2 54° / Hi Toe 58°
Putter - Cameron Newport 2 custom

Sorry.. wasn't complaining about a 'slow' pace of play. Like I said, 4.5 hrs was perfect for me as long as we kept up with you guys!! I only mentioned it because the starter came over to us saying you guys were behind... but when I looked at my watch we were on a decent pace.

Gonna be a fun year for sure, especially putting the faces to the screen names here.

--kC

By the way, I've emailed Bryan to ask about gimmies. Two of the players I played with on Sunday didn't hole out. I later heard they DQed themselves. That's all well and good, if this was straight up stroke play. But it isn't.

I let Bryan know it didn't go unnoticed and hope that their "most likely scores" get posted to GHIN and if he could keep an eye out for their scores, since this club relies heavily on HDCP for scoring.

--kC

FYI: Not saying that they did or didn't score them at all, no way of knowing... but a lot of people had a bad day Sunday. Just not posting a score does more harm than good to their scores (among other things).

--kC

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1366123901' post='6856467']
FYI: Not saying that they did or didn't score them at all, no way of knowing... but a lot of people had a bad day Sunday. Just not posting a score does more harm than good to their scores (among other things).

--kC
[/quote]

I agree 100%

I generally shoot 77-82 .. I was closer to 77 early last year as I have battled some injuries lately.
I shot a 88 due to 4 blow up holes. I posted a 85 in accordance with ghin rules only allowing me a double bogey at worst. You must post all scores.. in my opinion if you dont post scores.. you are not being truthful and honest and your handicap should be invalid.

The conditions were very tough.. 2 club wind. Terrible greens and beyond terrible bunkers.. why there were no rakes is beyond me.

I will look to bounce back sunday at richmond cc.

Hopefully the course is in better condition

[quote name='bmoney003' timestamp='1366641088' post='6892727']
just signed up for crystal lake.

will be siging up for triggs as well.

I am excited!
[/quote]

Hey.. im playing triggs as well. I gotta keep the good times rolling after I won Richmond yesterday. You will love the AMtour and triggs. Great guys so far in the tour

Yeah, congrats on the win!

Got off to a bad start and then the 4th hole was a killer. Knocked my concentration right out. (At that, being last group, getting hit into on that hole while looking for lost balls).

Speaking of hitting into... one of our guys in the last group hit into the group in front of us on 18, made the green. I go first and lay up (didn't see anyone ahead). Then he gets up, (still not seeing anyone... must have finished the hole), and in his backswing, we see the group ahead walking to the green from the bridge. too late to stop him. FORE! Didn't see anyone for when I hit nor when he was getting ready. *eek* Talk about an "oh crap" moment. Over the trees, over the pond. Landed between 2 players as they walked across from left to right on the green.

[quote name='Imp' timestamp='1366654060' post='6894159']
Yeah, congrats on the win!

Got off to a bad start and then the 4th hole was a killer. Knocked my concentration right out. (At that, being last group, getting hit into on that hole while looking for lost balls).

Speaking of hitting into... one of our guys in the last group hit into the group in front of us on 18, made the green. I go first and lay up (didn't see anyone ahead). Then he gets up, (still not seeing anyone... must have finished the hole), and in his backswing, we see the group ahead walking to the green from the bridge. too late to stop him. FORE! Didn't see anyone for when I hit nor when he was getting ready. *eek* Talk about an "oh crap" moment. Over the trees, over the pond. Landed between 2 players as they walked across from left to right on the green.
[/quote]

Driving that green is a big shot. I thought about it but wanted to secure the round and ended up hitting iron for placement. That was a tough back 9.. a lot of tight doglegs.