2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

FOOTBALL IS HERE !!!! ... TIME TO GET IT ON

ROBOPTI

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379612703' post='7878193']
Dude I am not saying they are a bad team at all It is week two and way to early to call any team the best in the league. Not knocking anyone

FWIW
2012 Home 17-2 TD/INT 123.6 rating VS Road 9-8 TD/INT 83.6 Rating and the final 3 road games you mention MIA/CHI/Buffalo Chicago was in full meltdown mode at that point too. He did do better in the playoffs.
[/quote]

Remember that they didn't unleash Wilson till after that Chicago game where he really showed what he could do. Before that it was manage and don't lose the game for us mentallity. Similar to how Alex Smith was treated initially in SF by Harbaugh ironically. Either way, there are a lot of young talented QBs in the NFL. Luck, RG III, Wilson, Kaepernick, Tannehill, Manuel, Dalton, etc.

Now the big question is how much does the acquisition of Richardson in Indy make them a contender? Luck finally gets a little run help and can play ball control when necessary now. Now if Cleveland could trade Haden to my Giants for a future pick I think we'd be OK in the secondary, but I'm honestly shocked that the Giants weren't trying to make the move Indy made. Someone in the front office was sleeping.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379612703' post='7878193']
Dude I am not saying they are a bad team at all It is week two and way to early to call any team the best in the league. Not knocking anyone

FWIW
2012 Home 17-2 TD/INT 123.6 rating VS Road 9-8 TD/INT 83.6 Rating and the final 3 road games you mention MIA/CHI/Buffalo Chicago was in full meltdown mode at that point too. He did do better in the playoffs.
[/quote]

5 of those home games were within his 1st 8 games of his career. That's unfortunate.

He can't help who he faced coming down the stretch. You can only play the games that are scheduled.

Regardless, I'm not saying they're the best team in the league. I think their defense is, no doubt. As of right now, there isn't a team in the league that I would take over Denver.

I do love to watch Kaepernixk play. I hope he rebounds well and continues his stellar play. He's an absolute stud. When/if SF gets all their weapons back, they'll be a force.

Titleist TSi3 8* // TENSEI 1K Black 65s

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 15* // Kai'li 80x
Taylormade SLDR 17* Rescue // Speeder 9.3s
Taylormade SLDR 19* Rescue // Matrix Black Tie 95s
Srixon ZX5 4-PW // Nippon Modus 120s
50* & 56* Taylormade MG3 // Tour Issue S-200
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379606934' post='7877657']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379565913' post='7875789']
They were 3-5 on the road last year in regular season losing to some less than stellar teams and one quality win. Wilson's numbers are significantly lower on the road. Would have been blown out in the playoffs had RGIII not been hurt. So yeah unless they actually do something on the road it is going to be tough to lock down that one seed

As bubba stated playing at sea was an expected loss. I certainly would not expect those same results in SF if I was a hawks fan. Sea is the toughest place to play in the nfl
[/quote]

Would have been blown out...

Please explain how you know that.

SF has been completely annihilated the last 2 times they've played Seattle. SF barely beat them by 7 last year in SF.

I'm not saying Seattle is going to win the SB, but give credit where credit is due. They're clearly the better team than SF right now.

Also, in Russell Wilson's final 8 regular season games last year he had a 120.3 passer rating with 16 TD to 2 INT. This also included 3 road games.

Just a FYI. If you're gonna knock a guy, wait until the guy has a little experience under his belt (hence the reason I'm using the 2nd half of the season). He didn't get 1.5 seasons to learn like Kaepernick did.

He also had a 102.4 passer rating in 2 road playoff games last year. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Credit is given bro, Seattle has beaten us in their place twice in a row this is fact. I dont think anybody is negating that, nor alot expected different to be honest. But I hardly ever use that as a precursor to anything for either team, but thats just me. I dont think a "better team" is a week to week variable, I think toward the end you can say that, not after week 2. Notice how after the GB win, hers were the "best team in the league" now after 1 more week....Seattle is. The media is mindless and useless when it comes to actual analysis.

Wilson did not have a great game this past week against the Niners, that was solely off Lynch and Hasuchka the kicker fyi as well. But I find it odd you are trying to do say anything on the experience bit, when Wilson has more starts than Kap does.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1379617769' post='7878627']
[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379606934' post='7877657']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379565913' post='7875789']
They were 3-5 on the road last year in regular season losing to some less than stellar teams and one quality win. Wilson's numbers are significantly lower on the road. Would have been blown out in the playoffs had RGIII not been hurt. So yeah unless they actually do something on the road it is going to be tough to lock down that one seed

As bubba stated playing at sea was an expected loss. I certainly would not expect those same results in SF if I was a hawks fan. Sea is the toughest place to play in the nfl
[/quote]

Would have been blown out...

Please explain how you know that.

SF has been completely annihilated the last 2 times they've played Seattle. SF barely beat them by 7 last year in SF.

I'm not saying Seattle is going to win the SB, but give credit where credit is due. They're clearly the better team than SF right now.

Also, in Russell Wilson's final 8 regular season games last year he had a 120.3 passer rating with 16 TD to 2 INT. This also included 3 road games.

Just a FYI. If you're gonna knock a guy, wait until the guy has a little experience under his belt (hence the reason I'm using the 2nd half of the season). He didn't get 1.5 seasons to learn like Kaepernick did.

He also had a 102.4 passer rating in 2 road playoff games last year. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Credit is given bro, Seattle has beaten us in their place twice in a row this is fact. I dont think anybody is negating that, nor alot expected different to be honest. But I hardly ever use that as a precursor to anything for either team, but thats just me. I dont think a "better team" is a week to week variable, I think toward the end you can say that, not after week 2. Notice how after the GB win, hers were the "best team in the league" now after 1 more week....Seattle is. The media is mindless and useless when it comes to actual analysis.

Wilson did not have a great game this past week against the Niners, that was solely off Lynch and Hasuchka the kicker fyi as well. But I find it odd you are trying to do say anything on the experience bit, when Wilson has more starts than Kap does.
[/quote]

Wilson has more starts, sure, but Kaepernick obviously has more experience in the league. He was in the league an entire year before Wilson and was learning from a darn good coach and a pretty good QB. 5 years down the road, that 1 extra year of experience won't be a big deal. Right now, it's huge.

And neither QB has a great game last week. The weather was just absolutely abysmal. With that being said, Wilson still outperformed Kaep on Sunday night.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379620463' post='7878857']
Wilson has more starts, sure, but Kaepernick obviously has more experience in the league. He was in the league an entire year before Wilson and was learning from a darn good coach and a pretty good QB. 5 years down the road, that 1 extra year of experience won't be a big deal. Right now, it's huge.

And neither QB has a great game last week. The weather was just absolutely abysmal. With that being said, Wilson still outperformed Kaep on Sunday night.
[/quote]

Thanks lol, I wasnt familiar of Kaps career or how long hes been in the league. Anyway, I think you over value actual starts vs holding a clip board, especially these days with the college prospects coming in from pro style offenses. The first two preseasons Kap looked unbelievably bad, and lost coming from a college that ran a very un traditional offense. The jump he made from preseason to that Bears game was tremendous.

It really isnt the "huge" difference you are making it to be as evidenced by multiple first year qbs show us each year. The days of sitting a young qb for 2-3 years to "learn" are pretty much extinct.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

[quote name='bubbagump' timestamp='1379621478' post='7878963']

[/quote]

I think you over value actual starts vs holding a clip board, especially these days with the college prospects coming in from pro style offenses. The first two years preseason Kap looked unbelievably bad, and lost coming from a college that ran a very un traditional offense.
[/quote]

Agree to disagree.

SF needs to get back to playing defense. Seattle needs to prove that they can win big games on the road. That's what it all boils down to.

[/quote]

Thanks lol, I wasnt familiar of Kaps career or how long hes been in the league. Anyway, I think you over value actual starts vs holding a clip board, especially these days with the college prospects coming in from pro style offenses. The first two preseasons Kap looked unbelievably bad, and lost coming from a college that ran a very un traditional offense. The jump he made from preseason to that Bears game was tremendous.

It really isnt the "huge" difference you are making it to be as evidenced by multiple first year qbs show us each year. The days of sitting a young qb for 2-3 years to "learn" are pretty much extinct.
[/quote]

You completely undervalue the benefit of being at practice and working with real QB coaches for a year and a half. Learning how to read defenses in practice, situational plays/decisions and most importantly getting caught up to the speed of the NFL game through preseason and practice. The NFL is a totally different game than college, even with a 'pro style' offense. Everyone is bigger, faster, stronger. To say that sitting for a season has no benefit and actual starts are significantly more important is failing to look at the practices, extra training camp and working with more experienced, better coaches.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1379698729' post='7883985']

[/quote]

[/quote]

You completely undervalue the benefit of being at practice and working with real QB coaches for a year and a half. Learning how to read defenses in practice, situational plays/decisions and most importantly getting caught up to the speed of the NFL game through preseason and practice. The NFL is a totally different game than college, even with a 'pro style' offense. Everyone is bigger, faster, stronger. To say that sitting for a season has no benefit and actual starts are significantly more important is failing to look at the practices, extra training camp and working with more experienced, better coaches.
[/quote]

I didnt say it was meaningless at all, I just think its not as big of a gap as it used to be.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Aldon Smith pulled a solid idiot move

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379708433' post='7885203']
[/quote]

I don't mind SF at all, but I'm not a fan of this guy. He has a ton of talent, but I feel he's a bit overhyped.

Over the course of the last 6 games last year (including the playoffs) he had 7 total tackles and 0 sacks.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379721711' post='7886309']
[/quote]

I don't mind SF at all, but I'm not a fan of this guy. He has a ton of talent, but I feel he's a bit overhyped.

Over the course of the last 6 games last year (including the playoffs) he had 7 total tackles and 0 sacks.
[/quote]
37 sacks in his first 34 games is not overhyped idiot yes overhyped no.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379721711' post='7886309']
[/quote]

[/quote]

How is he overhyped? He broke Reggie Whites sack record for most sacks in first two years in the league. Dude has straight produced like crazy. Id like to think if you had a torn labrum as well, you may also have issues using your arm to navigate past 300 lb lineman....

Feel free to call him a moron, but overhyped he is not. Top 3 easy if not the best pass rusher in the game...

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

Bubba hate to say it but I think the season is over. No one for Kaep to throw to that will actually catch the ball now that teams realize take out Boldin and it stops the offense

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379898567' post='7894975']
Bubba hate to say it but I think the season is over. No one for Kaep to throw to that will actually catch the ball now that teams realize take out Boldin and it stops the offense
[/quote]

Dramatic much?

And a lot of Kaepernick's passes weren't great.. He had people to throw to numerous times, he just wasn't able to get it to them. Just an off day. I'm sure they'll bounce back.

No Aldon Smith for an indefinite period of time Willis is out for Thurs, Davis is a ?. No one stepping up at WR look like a 6-10 team presently and that factors Crabtree coming back in Dec.

Sea loss I can chalk up to a brutal road venue, todays loss was alarming. They had been 7-0 after a loss never below .500 with Harbaugh as a HC. 10 point favorites and come out and play sloppy sloppy football.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379902143' post='7895247']
No Aldon Smith for an indefinite period of time Willis is out for Thurs, Davis is a ?. No one stepping up at WR look like a 6-10 team presently and that factors Crabtree coming back in Dec.

Sea loss I can chalk up to a brutal road venue, todays loss was alarming. They had been 7-0 after a loss never below .500 with Harbaugh as a HC. 10 point favorites and come out and play sloppy sloppy football.
[/quote]

To be fair, Indy played really, really good. Bradshaw was good as was Luck. They're a really good football team.

INDY played mediocre 49ers played very very very very badly on offense and too many dumb penalties on defense helped them close the game instead of giving Kaep one final shot at a GW drive.

Yes I am a huge fan but not fanatical I dont sugar coat what I see in the team and what I see right now is a team that will struggle to win 6-8 games. Would I love for them to prove me wrong absolutely.

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379903490' post='7895409']
INDY played mediocre 49ers played very very very very badly on offense and too many dumb penalties on defense helped them close the game instead of giving Kaep one final shot at a GW drive.

Yes I am a huge fan but not fanatical I dont sugar coat what I see in the team and what I see right now is a team that will struggle to win 6-8 games. Would I love for them to prove me wrong absolutely.
[/quote]

To say Indy played mediocre is just silly.

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379903569' post='7895419']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say the same about calling that great play, 18/27 passing for 157 yards 5-12 on 3rd down Rushing was better than passing but that is a given when you have firm control of the game all day because SF cannot move the ball. On defense they had to cover a guy best suited as a #2 or 3 wideout and a couple guys better served on the practice squad or special teams. Great no, average at best

18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120

[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379904029' post='7895459']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would say the same about calling that great play, 18/27 passing for 157 yards 5-12 on 3rd down Rushing was better than passing but that is a given when you have firm control of the game all day because SF cannot move the ball. On defense they had to cover a guy best suited as a #2 or 3 wideout and a couple guys better served on the practice squad or special teams. Great no, average at best
[/quote]

Downplay it however you want but Indy played really good. I know you're still upset because your team didn't get it done, but the bottom line is that SF didn't bring it today and Indy played a really good game.

They controlled the tempo of the game, the defense made plays and the offense was sound.

Was it pretty? Not necessarily. It was an old school type performance. Was it good? Absolutely.

On another note.. Some of the surprises thus far around the league:

The Giants and Skins are 0-3. Wouldn't have ever guessed that would happen.

The Chiefs and Dolphins are 3-0. Absolutely didn't see that coming.

SF, GB and Atl are all 1-2.

It's obviously still early in the season but those 7 teams records surprise me a bit.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1379908678' post='7895749']
Bears...
[/quote]

That defense looked terrific tonight Hogans.

And the catch by Bennett as well as the catch by Antonio Brown might be the 2 best touchdown catches I've seen this season. And they happened in the same game. Really impressive.

[quote name='TheGameChanger' timestamp='1379931078' post='7896219']
Giants and Washington 0-3. 2 game lead is nice for the Cowboys could easily be 3-0. Oh well on to San Diego this week.
[/quote]

Well Romo has been good thus far. He leads the league in completion percentage and is 5th in QBR while having thrown only 1 int. Maybe he can keep this pace for 16 games this season and not just 10-12 games. :)

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379909416' post='7895791']
[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1379908678' post='7895749']
Bears...
[/quote]

That defense looked terrific tonight Hogans.

And the catch by Bennett as well as the catch by Antonio Brown might be the 2 best touchdown catches I've seen this season. And they happened in the same game. Really impressive.
[/quote]

Bears have issues on the d line, especially since Melton is lost for the season but they've made plays when it mattered most. And that certainly works for me...

I agree, those two catches were as good as you're going to see. Couldn't be happier for earl Bennett; sort of lost on the depth chart. All he does is make plays though and seriously hope he gets more time. Professional through and through. If they keep Cutler upright, he's going to do serious damage...

Bear down...

[quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1379905768' post='7895593']
[quote name='One_Putt_Blunder' timestamp='1379904029' post='7895459']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Downplay it however you want but Indy played really good. I know you're still upset because your team didn't get it done, but the bottom line is that SF didn't bring it today and Indy played a really good game.

They controlled the tempo of the game, the defense made plays and the offense was sound.

Was it pretty? Not necessarily. It was an old school type performance. Was it good? Absolutely.
[/quote]

You are really seeming to go out of your way to discredit or talk trash about the niners lol. If you watched that game, Indy was nothing special at all. Well into the 4th quarter we still could have pulled ahead if we scored a TD. To play that bad, and still be within 6 points all game says something. Indy just sat on the ball all game and allowed us to give them first down on PI calls and personal fouls. If we played against a really good team or a team that had a sound offense, it would have been a complete blowout.

Yesterday was really about a total collapse of a coaching staff failing to do anything effective and sticking to what worked. Gore had 11 carries and a 8ypc clip, and we gashed them the scoring drive....yet we never really ran the ball again? Indy won indeed, but they were really less than impressive and look like a medicore squad as well.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB