2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Miura or Mizuno

[quote name='GolfDiseasedFool' timestamp='1377533107' post='7746777']
Right now Im about a 10 but getting lower as I continue taking lessons and refine my draw and other shaped shots. Not to mention Im a horrible putter.

But Feedback is very important....I love to know when I hit it flush.

The best set of irons I had were a used set of dynacrafts back in the 90s. Man they had a nice sweetspot seemed larger than most irons. I don't know why. I was a worse player also back then.

So feel is important but not everything. It is like buying shoes you cant describe what you want but you will know when you see it. In this case, I will know when I see and feel it.

thanks again....
[/quote]

Interesting,I played Dynacraft 4310 s for years.Younger of course but several under par round with them

Have ordered Miura 9003 straight necks(reduced offset) hope to get them from japan next month.

Never been a Mizuno fan,quality of forging is excellent apart from some weight issues. lead tips in just about every one Ive seen including some fitted with Tour Issue shafts
They just didnt seem to make any heads that were forgiving?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neilc' timestamp='1378208599' post='7789719']
[quote name='GolfDiseasedFool' timestamp='1377533107' post='7746777']
Right now Im about a 10 but getting lower as I continue taking lessons and refine my draw and other shaped shots. Not to mention Im a horrible putter.

But Feedback is very important....I love to know when I hit it flush.

The best set of irons I had were a used set of dynacrafts back in the 90s. Man they had a nice sweetspot seemed larger than most irons. I don't know why. I was a worse player also back then.

So feel is important but not everything. It is like buying shoes you cant describe what you want but you will know when you see it. In this case, I will know when I see and feel it.

thanks again....
[/quote]

Tom Wishon was probably behind the Dynacrafts that you like

Some of his models with his own Company are fantastic

new 771 s are forged,great feel and super long having a seperate , very thin face.

Yes sure.Im a Wishon customer in Thailand.make clubs for friends and friends of friends etc etc,have a small home based shop.Im a big fan of Tom and have corresponded with him many a time.Played Dynacrafts during my low handicap days.

I actually prefer the 870s over the 771 s tried them both in full sets.771s are forged and look great but the offset puts me off abit.I like the 870s with Micro Tour Sw alternatively I have the Chikara 56 and 60,great quailty and feel

[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1377516375' post='7745347']
I played Mizuno from 92-2012. Loved every set I had. 14s, 29s & 32s. Great clubs. My 14s and 29s had plenty of lead tape throughout....not so on the 32s. I think Mizuno made a lot of improvement in quality control over the last few years.

I switched to Miura in 12. I love them. Do I play any better? Nope. A big part of that is because I'm now in 40s and just not as good as I used to be.

Here's a thought: before you drop a lot of money on a custom set - get one club from each set and have it fit with the correct shaft, lie, weight etc....work with it for several weeks on the range.

You'll find Mizuno single clubs on eBay and your fitter will work with you on Miura. If you decide on Miura you can just order the rest of the clubs. If not - it will sell on BST. Cheap way to know for sure.
[/quote]
I played Mizuno from 92-2012. Loved every set I had. 14s, 29s & 32s. Great clubs. My 14s and 29s had plenty of lead tape throughout....not so on the 32s. I think Mizuno made a lot of improvement in quality control over the last few years.

I switched to Miura in 12. I love them. Do I play any better? Nope. A big part of that is because I'm now in 40s and just not as good as I used to be.

Here's a thought: before you drop a lot of money on a custom set - get one club from each set and have it fit with the correct shaft, lie, weight etc....work with it for several weeks on the range.

You'll find Mizuno single clubs on eBay and your fitter will work with you on Miura. If you decide on Miura you can just order the rest of the clubs. If not - it will sell on BST. Cheap way to know for sure.
[/quote]no they didnt...my last 5 sets of mizzys have been way off...i just get em bent to spec and live with it, i love mizuno irons and lof/lie is an easy fix

[quote name='dunn' timestamp='1390287100' post='8499731']

[/quote]

[/quote]no they didnt...my last 5 sets of mizzys have been way off...i just get em bent to spec and live with it, i love mizuno irons and lof/lie is an easy fix
[/quote]

Loft and lie might be easy, weight is not. Why can't they make them the correct weight?

[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1377461130' post='7741943']
Mizzies for the most part are softer, Miuras are more dense-feeling, more solid. Mizunos usually have a little more bounce and will tend to dig less than Miuras. Aside from the Miuras being spot-on as far as loft and lie, they will also be exact weight +/- a gram or two. Just a much smaller operation and they won't go out if they're not perfect. You can always adjust loft and lie, weight is a different matter. You often need to add lead weight in the shaft or on the head to get Mizunos to get to swing weight. This has been a common issue for many years with them. Some people don't care, some don't know about it, but it is there. Either maker is a great option, these are the main differences IMO.
[/quote]

Pretty much hit it spot on. I've played both and went back to Mizuno from Miura TB's....I loved everything about the Miuras but they dug a little to much for me. And I'm in FL where the fairways are really nice. So I went to the 64's and have the turf interaction that I want.

Mizuno is probably the next beat thing for quality control next to Miura.

[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1390317873' post='8500879']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loft and lie might be easy, weight is not. Why can't they make them the correct weight?
[/quote]

I think [i]they[/i] can...today. Quality Control has improved at most manufacturers over the past 20 years. I was making a comparison from the early 1990s to 2005/6. Mizuno came a long way during that time.....most top tier manufacturers have really improved.

My last set of Mizunos were perfect....My Miuras were perfect. All good all the way around.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

[quote name='GolfDiseasedFool' timestamp='1377368446' post='7737565']
Hi everyone,

Im about to indulge in some new clubs. I was wondering what you out there prefer....Miura irons or Mizuno. I haven't been able to find a clubfitter that offers both so it is going to have to be one or the other.
[/quote]
Why settle for less than the best when you can easily order a set of Fourteens for about the same price.

[quote name='skraly' timestamp='1390520402' post='8519483']
[quote name='GolfDiseasedFool' timestamp='1377368446' post='7737565']
Hi everyone,

Im about to indulge in some new clubs. I was wondering what you out there prefer....Miura irons or Mizuno. I haven't been able to find a clubfitter that offers both so it is going to have to be one or the other.
[/quote]
Why settle for less than the best when you can easily order a set of Fourteens for about the same price.
[/quote]

Fourteen's are pretty good too but wasnt aware of their No 1 status?

[quote name='MizzyMan' timestamp='1390317873' post='8500879']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]idk....I dont have crazy specs, very close to standard....they never come correct on weight, usually heavier...

I am gonna order em raw for now on...raw shaft, raw grip, raw head and I just build em myself...mp4 are very nice, been playing 69 over 54 lately...really love 69 and may just get another set, pretty easy to hit for mb

How is your decision going ?
I personally haves gamed the JPX 800 Pro , MP 53 & MP 59 . All were good clubs but I never felt that they were great for me personally !
I then tried the Miura Passing Point 9003 Straight Necks....WOW !
My club builder here in Sydney has done an amazing job with them & I couldn't be happier with my decision .
I used to game Mizuno wedges as well until I tried the Miura New Wedge Series & the difference is night & day with them !
Feel is a very personal , subjective & mysteriously individual thing and for me Miuras are sublime .
Good luck with your search .

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

[quote name='gabh' timestamp='1392045634' post='8636153']
Titleist. :D
[/quote]
Yes , they make fantastic golf balls !

Epon 103 9.5* Quadra Fire Express 75s
PXG 3 wood 15* GD Tour AD-DJ 7x
PXG 3 & 4 Hybrids GD Tour AD-DI hy85s
Miura CB 57s 5 - PW KBS C-Taper Lite S
Miura New Wedge Series 50 , 54 & 58
Yamada Shogun

• 2 weeks later...

Well I hit my first Miura iron today. I know a guy that is a custom club builder that is one of their top builders. He had a demo 6 iron with a KBS Tour shaft and I hit it some. What feel better than my old MP-33 Mizzys. I was impressed. As a long time blade player I would have to say it was the easiest blade I have ever hit. With that being said it did not launch as high or as far as my current irons due to differences in type of shaft and length of shaft but never the less I was impressed

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft