2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

New Miura Iron Line MB-001

TheBoomer

[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1382469662' post='8041207']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1382465920' post='8040833']
[quote name='lumberman2462' timestamp='1382385354' post='8035709']
Those Epons remind me of the movie Iron Man.....
[/quote]

Me too... Even though black and copper paint look pardee when new, they gets ugly in short order. I did like Pings Beryllium heads, plus they didn't wear out. I am a satin finish kinda guy... lasts and looks good. Heck my seven year old x-Forged satin heads still look decent, and I play 2-3 times per week.
[/quote]

The Beryllium Pings were probably the most durable club ever made.....We had an old member of my club that did some type of grinding on his beryllium Eye2 Lob wedge and inhaled some of the dust and it messed him up. He ended up in the hospital for a while.
[/quote]

As I recall, Ping fought discontinuing them for quite some time. But, mfg costs and AZ state requirements were growing out of sight. Not sure if it's still used in nuclear construction or not, but it was. Some unusual properties.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo, Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 TMB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='shake&bake66' timestamp='1382200627' post='8026521']
Does anyone know if Miura will drop a new CB-202 iron as I've tried purchasing a set and are currently discontinued. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
[/quote]

Believe the 202 is going away. Likely replace with a slightly new design to replace them.

[quote name='hoganapex' timestamp='1382502171' post='8044151']
Does anyone know if Miura will drop a new CB-202 iron as I've tried purchasing a set and are currently discontinued. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
[/quote]

Believe the 202 is going away. Likely replace with a slightly new design to replace them.
[/quote]

I can see miura replacing the cb202 with the miura giken cb1006 model. Should be a similar look to their newer blade release.

[/quote]

Hi shake&bake66,

Miura will no longer make CB-202's but we are always thinking of new designs, keep up with instragram, twitter and our facebook page!!

thank you,

KUZ

[quote name='MiuraKuz' timestamp='1382638440' post='8051985']
[/quote]

Hi shake&bake66,

Miura will no longer make CB-202's but we are always thinking of new designs, keep up with instragram, twitter and our facebook page!!

thank you,

KUZ
[/quote]

Why? The CB-201 got the Miura name on the planet!

[quote name='loadnhips' timestamp='1383107833' post='8077243']
[quote name='MiuraKuz' timestamp='1382638440' post='8051985']
[/quote]

Hi shake&bake66,

thank you,

KUZ
[/quote]

Why? The CB-201 got the Miura name on the planet!
[/quote]

unfortunately there the popularity of the CB 202's went down after our Passing Point 9003 came out, but we always are thinking of new ideas so please keep your eyes open for future new releases!

Thank you

Kuz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone else hit these?? Very keen!

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade BRNR Mini (24) 13.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 6X
Taylormade Tour QI10 16.5 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X.
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

[quote name='dropscratch' timestamp='1384683196' post='8161182']
I've hit the Miura Giken MB-5003 and Miura TBs, and I find the TBs to be a lot better in terms of feel, much softer and more forgiving too.

Is it just me or anyone finds this true also? Any feedback? The MB-5003 is the closest I can demo the MB-001 and I wanna order now...:D
[/quote]
Were the 5003's and TB's shafted the same? Because they're the exact same club, same exact specs made at the same factory, with a slightly different sole grind; the TB has a little more leading edge relief and bounce for North American turf.

I guess I'm just a sucker for colored clubs, but I think those Epons look pretty spiffy. Then again, it's a 302, which is an iron to drool over to start with. It is a tad shiny, granted. I have a set of 502s in a grayish greenish semi-brown sorta finish that definitely shows quit a bit of wear. Not sure what the finish is supposed to be. Starting to see a little oxidation. I'm hoping that the oxidation will spread. Might look pretty cool with a patina of rust.

[quote name='djhgolf' timestamp='1386252766' post='8252043']
[/quote]

Got my heads 2 weeks ago and put 'em together last week but with all the snow can't hit 'em. Hope to head up to Detroit this week, pay a visit to Carl's golfland and give 'em a whirl. Pretty excited as they seem the perfect compromise for me tween the BB's and TB's both of which I had.

Ping 410 9.0

Ping g425 14.5 3 wood 

New Level 21* bent to 20* driving iron

Taylormade M4 5 wood
Wilson Staff tour cb 5-7, FG tour v6 8-pw

New Level 902pd 5-pw 105 TT stiff (on their way)
Titleist sm7 50-10 F, 56-10 F, 60-8wedge flex
3 #7 style mallets: Taylormade, Cleveland and Tommy Armour

[quote name='BTO' timestamp='1386644008' post='8275851']
[/quote]

Got my heads 2 weeks ago and put 'em together last week but with all the snow can't hit 'em. Hope to head up to Detroit this week, pay a visit to Carl's golfland and give 'em a whirl. Pretty excited as they seem the perfect compromise for me tween the BB's and TB's both of which I had.
[/quote]I think they are much better than the TB's and BB's. Although I must say I'm not too keen on blades at the moment.

@therealping

I _think_ so much depends on how well one is swinging when using _any_ club. I was swinging brutal when I was using my TB's a few years ago and I had a chance for a good buy on the BB's so I went after it. When I was swinging well the BB's were great, absolutely loved them. But I had a set of Nippon gh's sitting around my closet for a number of years just collecting dust so I decided to throw them into a set of Mizzie 68's. Wow!! _The_ shaft for me!! So long story short it got me to wondering how these would be in a set of Miuras. So I was able to sell my BB's and get the 001's new for a wash basically...50 bucks was all I was out after getting a side deal on a new set of nippons. I just figured the 001's were closer in size than the BB's to the Mizzies which I was hitting so well.....just worth a shot. The Miura's were originally my retirement gift to myself when I first got the TB's so I just hate to give up on them. :-) If worst comes to worst I know I won't have any trouble selling the 001's and pick up a set of another set of 68 or 69's for 1/2 the price.

Ping 410 9.0

Ping g425 14.5 3 wood 

New Level 21* bent to 20* driving iron

Taylormade M4 5 wood
Wilson Staff tour cb 5-7, FG tour v6 8-pw

New Level 902pd 5-pw 105 TT stiff (on their way)
Titleist sm7 50-10 F, 56-10 F, 60-8wedge flex
3 #7 style mallets: Taylormade, Cleveland and Tommy Armour

[/quote]

We have a demo at our shop and man these are very sweet irons...so sweet that one of our club builders bought them immediately and put some aerotech steelfibers in them. pure iron heaven.

[b]Fairway Golf Online Store[/b] :golfer:
Website: [url="http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com"]http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com[/url]
Email: [email="[email protected]?subject=GolfWRX%20Inquiry"][email protected][/email]
Instagram:[url="https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/"]https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/[/url]
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews guys??

Callaway Tour Issue Paradym TD-S 8.5 (7.9) - Fujikura Ventus Black TR 5X

TaylorMade BRNR Mini (24) 13.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red TR 6X
Taylormade Tour QI10 16.5 - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X.
PXG 0311X Gen 5 -  Fujikura Ventus Blue 9X

PXG 0317T - 4 - LAGP L-Series (5) X
Miura KM-700  5-PW - LAGP L-Series (5) X
PXG Milled "Sugar Daddy 2 " 50,54,60 - DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron Holiday LTD (23}/ LAGP 135 (White)

I have been playing mine for a few weeks now....4-PW with KBS Tour 90 "S"...I switched from PP 9003 Black Boron with Aerotech i80 "S". So far what I have noticed is that I hit the MB 001's a bit higher and they seem to go the same distance in the air...Hard to tell with the cold wet air we have on the Wet Coast at the moment.
I always feel it is foolish to use the terms "Forgiving" and "Blades" in the same sentence...but the mishits on the MB 001's feel better than I experienced on TB or BB....I am a pretty good ball striker (0.4 Index atm) so my misses tend to be pretty close to the sweet spot....when I miss hit these a bit thin all I see is a small loss of distance and a little lower flight...pure strikes are just that...PURE!!
I have spent lots of time on the range with them (We have a covered heated range a few minutes from home) and I really love the solid feel....I have used an HB-4 hybrid for some time but opted for a 4 iron in this set and am really happy with it.............flight is slightly lower than the HB-4 but the carry is longer and still plenty high enough to hold the green.

All in all....I am super pleased with these clubs. Can't wait for warm weather or another trip down south.

BTW....I did a little range experiment the other day....took a gallon ice cream bucket to the range and filled it with HOT water and dumped in a couple dozen balls....I let them sit in the hot water for about 40 minutes while I warmed up and hit a bunch of the cold balls out of the machine. What a difference....the HOT balls felt like I was hitting it in the summer again....at least 10% longer and felt awesome!! I am sure these MB 001's are going to be fabulous in the warm weather.

Yonex Tri-G 10* driver
Yonex Ezone GT 15*  3  wood
Yonex Ezone GT 18*  5 wood
Yonex Ezone GT irons 4-AW
Miura Tour Black 54* SW
Miura Tour Black 60* LW
Miura KM007 Putter

[quote name='FLOGMR' timestamp='1388167821' post='8355193']
I have been playing mine for a few weeks now....4-PW with KBS Tour 90 "S"...I switched from PP 9003 Black Boron with Aerotech i80 "S". So far what I have noticed is that I hit the MB 001's a bit higher and they seem to go the same distance in the air...Hard to tell with the cold wet air we have on the Wet Coast at the moment.
I always feel it is foolish to use the terms "Forgiving" and "Blades" in the same sentence...but the mishits on the MB 001's feel better than I experienced on TB or BB....I am a pretty good ball striker (0.4 Index atm) so my misses tend to be pretty close to the sweet spot....when I miss hit these a bit thin all I see is a small loss of distance and a little lower flight...pure strikes are just that...PURE!!
I have spent lots of time on the range with them (We have a covered heated range a few minutes from home) and I really love the solid feel....I have used an HB-4 hybrid for some time but opted for a 4 iron in this set and am really happy with it.............flight is slightly lower than the HB-4 but the carry is longer and still plenty high enough to hold the green.

All in all....I am super pleased with these clubs. Can't wait for warm weather or another trip down south.

BTW....I did a little range experiment the other day....took a gallon ice cream bucket to the range and filled it with HOT water and dumped in a couple dozen balls....I let them sit in the hot water for about 40 minutes while I warmed up and hit a bunch of the cold balls out of the machine. What a difference....the HOT balls felt like I was hitting it in the summer again....at least 10% longer and felt awesome!! I am sure these MB 001's are going to be fabulous in the warm weather.
[/quote]Great endorsement, best looking of any blades out right now.

@therealping

My enabler (West Coast Custom Clubs) was generous and loaned me a demo 6 iron. These irons are really nice. Here are some comparison pictures to my Cally X-Proto. To me, the Miura is a little more square and slightly smaller. I like the leading edge of the Miura better too (I am not a steep swinger). The Miura has a KBS Tour and my Protos have Nippon SPB.

MiuraX-Proto3_zps4d894645.jpg

MiuraX-Proto2_zps855da11d.jpg

MiuraX-Proto1_zps8dc38e13.jpg