2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

RP Jacobs II Bag (Forged4ever)

Thanks Guys :)

I wish you both the very best this season!!

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

And this is my Mother-

Penny Lynn

Taken this past summer-

LMAO, cuz her mother, and the woman that raised me and put a 9i in my hand at 7yo, was a 5-time State Womens Am champ, and the only thing my mother swings the clubs at are the cob webs in the garage.

She rides around with my GF(who's an 8.6, lol) & I in the evenings cuz she loves the scenery.

She's cool-

Fairways & Greens My Friends

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I really wanted this 5 to work out, not cuz it's a Scotty so much as I love the look, lol

However I have a Yes Victoria II that I bring out when I get a little wristy, and it just flat out, feels, rolls and performs better than the 5, for me.

I'm gonna give it another go to make sure, lol, in the spring.

[quote name='ej_stinger' timestamp='1390677630' post='8530595']
Can I ask you how you executed recoloring/painting of those two drivers/woods? I would love to change my RBZ Stage 2 to all black. Thank you in advance.
[/quote]Sure EJ, no problem.

A close friend from another site, Walkerjames, who has a auto/boat painting amd detailing business in California, did them for me. Actually he did the 9032 for another friend and I traded him a Scotty for it. He's a great guy, does great work, and is super reasonable.

He doesn't really do this as a business though he's done a few for some of us, and just tell him that we talked, or if you'd prefer, I'll give him a head's up.

I'm not speakin for him but don't be surprised if he says, "just send me a box of Pro V's"

Drop me an e-mail @ rpjii at me dot com and I'll send you his name and contact info.

And that goes for anybody else also.

Funny story that I alluded to in my initial post in this thread regarding the Stage 2.

After I got the Stage 2 back from Walker, I took both(along with the 9032) to show my father at his office(He's a physician). So I go into his office, say hi to my Mother and his nurse, and all she says is, "Your Father's in the back hall."

So I walk down the hall and I see this practice putting cup on the carpet, so I figure that he's just rolling some putts since he was finished with patients. I see a ball approach the cup, go up the little front ridges and settle into the cup.

I say, "Nice putt" and Bend over to get the ball and I look down the little hall(about 15'), and my Father is standing in the doorway of a little kitchenette/Break room, and who's standing there with the old Bulls Eye in his hands?

Arnie

LMAO x 2

He's a patient of my Father's, has been since the late '80's, and sees my Father twice a year when he gets back to Latrobe.

So I've met him and been fortunate to have played with him a few times, however this surprised the sh!t outa me.

So, he sees the drivers and says, "ooh, new toys," lol.

I said "yep," and handed the 9032 to my Father and the Stage 2 to Arnie. His first words were,"WoW, this is sharp," lol.

Then he turned it over, and wrinkled his nose, LMAO, I took it cuz it was TMaG.

My Father had stepped into the hall now, and Arnie stepped into the kitchenette door way, spread his legs and assumed his address position, waggling it 3-4 times and saying again, "WoW, that's pretty."

Yep, the stance is still wide and closed and he still drops that shoulder inside, LOL.

This was one of the memories that I was speaking of in another thread regarding giving the game up for money.

This memory is one that money can't buy, no matter how much money ya have-

Sorry to ramble, though Arnie liked Walker's work, lol.

Talk to ya soon Bro :)

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

There are some amazing clubs in here with some ridiculously cool customization. Makes me want to do something similar. Glad to hear about your mom and the best of luck in the future for you and your family. Very nice stuff

Adams a4 9015D Matrix Ozik
Taylormade V-Steel 15* GD YS-7
Taylormade V-Steel 18* GD YS-9.1+
Ping i20 3-PW DG S300
Callaway Forged Copper 52*, 58* DG S300
Ping Redwood ZB

[quote name='CWM' timestamp='1390684213' post='8531279']
There are some amazing clubs in here with some ridiculously cool customization. Makes me want to do something similar. Glad to hear about your mom and the best of luck in the future for you and your family. Very nice stuff
[/quote]Thank You CW, for the thoughts and taking the time to post :)

Actually, it served as a good "mental" therapy exercise and it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a therapist :)

Have a great season

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

A TI dot head(420 cc)

2006 Napa LE

Kombi

Fairways & Greens My Friend

This is my tourney bag and blue's my second favorite color, lol.

The drivers?

What can I say, I got this thing for drivers and putters ;)

And the T11's?

They're my fave Mizzy wedge since the late 90's-

Though I put the SCOR's in the bag, I've got two sets of 11's that aren't goin anywhere-

Have a great season!!

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391521460' post='8595742']
I think it's very cool seeing someone express themselves with their golf equipment. Love the set-up!!!

Kevin
[/quote]Thanks a lot Kevin-

I can't come close to the guys like WalkerJames & Rookie, and I only do this little fill stuff however it has been good for takin my mind off of stuff over the last year.

Also, I would like to apologize for my comment-

It was innapropriate-

I hope that You have a great season:)

My Best,
Richard

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391530491' post='8596593']
I think it's very cool seeing someone express themselves with their golf equipment. Love the set-up!!!

Kevin

I can't come close to the guys like WalkerJames & Rookie, and I only do this little fill stuff however it has been good for takin my mind off of stuff over the last year.

It was innapropriate-

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

No apologies needed my friend, we just didn't know each other. You are a WONDERFUL addition to the forum, and I really look forward to getting to know you better!

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='kevcarter' timestamp='1391533844' post='8596947']
[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391530491' post='8596593']

Kevin

It was innapropriate-

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

No apologies needed my friend, we just didn't know each other. You are a WONDERFUL addition to the forum, and I really look forward to getting to know you better!

Kevin
[/quote]Thank You very much-

You Guys(and Gal :)) are Great!

My Best,
Richard

Richard,
After reading over your WITB and some of your other threads recently, inspired to break out some of my old Mizuno stuff for a quick round- 10* 300s Driver w/ EI-70, T-Zoid 5 wood with DGx100, 3-pw MP29 x100, faldo stamp 56*, and a Mizuno Scotty Cameron (like the SCM classic II)- was fun to walk 18 and enjoy the company of a couple of guys who were Wounded Warriors, apparent by towels on bag and a couple of prosthesis. One of the guys looked in my golf bag and said "those blades make my fingers hurt!" Grinning, he removed glove from left hand revealing absence of little finger and first two joints of ring finger. Now, I played well, but best part of day was helping those guys enjoy something we so easily take for granted- just as you have said, a priceless experience.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Very cool stuff Richard---ton of great choices as well. Also a Mizuno iron guy for over 20 years...the 68's look great ! Just curious on your shaft choice for the Scor's ? What are you playing in them ?? I have the Firm+ and man, they are a soft shaft with a very soft butt section. Because of our Artic weather I've not been able to play mine yet, but a dozen or so balls at the range and may be looking for a shaft change.
Best of luck to you......

Titleist 913 D2 8.5* Rogue 70 S
Titleist 915 16.5* Whiteboard 80 X
Titleist 915 19* Whiteboard 90 S, 24* Whiteboard 100X
 AP2 716 KBS Tour S 1x SS SM7 Black 50* KBS
SM7 Black 54/14 KBS,  SM7 58/12 KBS
KP1 Carbon ---Cally Chrome Soft 2018
TM TP5X

[quote name='nochrome' timestamp='1391564739' post='8600045']
Richard,
After reading over your WITB and some of your other threads recently, inspired to break out some of my old Mizuno stuff for a quick round- 10* 300s Driver w/ EI-70, T-Zoid 5 wood with DGx100, 3-pw MP29 x100, faldo stamp 56*, and a Mizuno Scotty Cameron (like the SCM classic II)- was fun to walk 18 and enjoy the company of a couple of guys who were Wounded Warriors, apparent by towels on bag and a couple of prosthesis. One of the guys looked in my golf bag and said "those blades make my fingers hurt!" Grinning, he removed glove from left hand revealing absence of little finger and first two joints of ring finger. Now, I played well, but best part of day was helping those guys enjoy something we so easily take for granted- just as you have said, a priceless experience.
[/quote]Thank you very much NC, for sharing that experience.

Sometimes I believe that we, or at least I, get so caught up in ourselves, and our ups and downs, that we are "blind" to others who really have far greater obstacles to overcome than whether the damn ball goes straight. I haven't been able to play rounds though in the fall I was able to go on the course with my Bro and GF in the evenings and I would drop at his drive and hit an approach shot in, where I could swing an 8i up and putt. The one positive from this golf wise, is that I putted my @ss off in the fall, lol. Not competitively, which is really all that counts, though I was on the practice green 2-3 nights a week and then I'd go out on the course and putt on the greens. It beat sittin at home, lol.

It was during these times that it hit me just how damn lucky I am.

It's kinda funny cuz through all of the single therapy, group therapy and survivors talking to me, and all that I had to do was look at/to others instead of lookin in the mirror and feeling sorry for myself. I've never been known as "soft," but I became very soft, pathetically so.

However, being around individuals similar to the gentlemen that you played with really "woke" me up. As my father is retired military, I went to two charity golf outings and these guys are unbelievable. It made me feel like a piece of sh!t, though this was a good thing cuz I guess that I had to feel this before I could move forward.

Bottom line, them playing with you made their days, from your ability as a Player, which is always enjoyable to any one to watch, to how you interacted with them.

You did more for them than you probably realize.

Hat's Off My friend:)

Regarding that Mizzy/Scotty putter, that's the one putter that I'd love to get.

They're indeed rare, in excellent or better condition, though that has to feel great to use.

How is it?

Would you game it today?

A pro friend of mine got me a signed Sir Nick 56*, and I had my car stolen 3 days later with my clubs in the trunk, LMAO. I laugh now though I was almost in tears then, lol.

80% of the time, my clubs are in a rack, though I was playing at another club, so they were in the trunk, along with that wedge and a TI Scotty Pro Platinum.

It was not a good day, lol.

Well, thanx a lot for droppin in the thread and especially for sharing your story!

Have a great Season

My Very Best,
Richard

[quote name='BCC' timestamp='1391568406' post='8600595']
Very cool stuff Richard---ton of great choices as well. Also a Mizuno iron guy for over 20 years...the 68's look great ! Just curious on your shaft choice for the Scor's ? What are you playing in them ?? I have the Firm+ and man, they are a soft shaft with a very soft butt section. Because of our Artic weather I've not been able to play mine yet, but a dozen or so balls at the range and may be looking for a shaft change.
[/quote]Thanx a lot BC :)

I have the firm + in the SCORs, and while I was able to play/hit them in the fall for the review, and they were great, I would say that I was swinging the 43* & 47* at about 60-70% because I was tentative regarding my equilibrium, though I had no problems physically, they felt "soft" to me. Now I'm not one of those super "feel" guys, so for me to really notice this, it's soft, lol.

What I'm thinking is, I took the Spinners out of my Mizzy 11's and put the TI S400's in me & they fell great.

I'm not a real "tech head" regarding mixing/matching shafts, heads, etc. Hell, the first time that I ever went on a LM was 3 years ago. My teacher didn't really use them(He passed in '09 @ the age of 94yo), as I'd take the clubs out, hit them, then play them, and decide. I realize that I was fortunate this way, though I'm tentative about takin the Genius's out of the SCORs, for fear of screwin em up.

What are your thoughts on this?

I guess that I should see if they have a firm ++ before I put the 400's in em.

I just know that when I go at em with a full swing, I just feel that they're gonna be too soft.

LMAO, I'm screwy that way, cuz when I start thinkin about it, I can't shake that, lol.

Regarding the weather, keep the faith Bro, Spring's just around the corner :)

Again, thank you for taking the time to read and for posting!

Have a great season!!

My Very Best,
Richard

[quote name='theboypinoy' timestamp='1391752140' post='8614511']
Very nice bag! I share your affection for the color pink, for very similar reasons. Nice work.
[/quote]Thank you very much BP!

My Thoughts, Prayers & Best Wishes regarding your Loved One.

Have a great season-

My Very Best,
Richard

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1391808115' post='8618509']
Very nice customization Richard! :-)
[/quote]Thank You Sean-

HaHa, my customizing goes as far as a paint pen and some acetone will take me, lol.

Like I said, Rookie, WalkerJames and those guys do what I'd love to, though I passed some time and I like having different clubs from other people.

That's why I think that Sammy has the coolest bag/clubs goin.

Hers is simply incredible.

That'd be really cool to do something with my shafts.

Well, have a great week-end Bro

My Very Best,
Richard

Richard, the putter indeed is nice and in excellent condition, just don't play it much due to maintenance/upkeep required on the gun blued carbon head and fact that headweight is a bit light for current preferences. As far as feel goes that is highly personal and subjectively related to sound and often overlooked is the shaft and grip in relation to that, nice as almost any other non-plated, milled, carbon steel putter. That being said, best feeling and performing putter I ever used was a handmade Tad Moore with Nippon shaft like one Woosie used to win his green jacket, that unfortunately "walked" away from my bag while playing in a law enforcement tournament, no less. Hope you continue to feel better and enjoy your time on course.
Aloha,
Mitchell

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391807876' post='8618491']

I have the firm + in the SCORs, and while I was able to play/hit them in the fall for the review, and they were great, I would say that I was swinging the 43* & 47* at about 60-70% because I was tentative regarding my equilibrium, though I had no problems physically, they felt "soft" to me. Now I'm not one of those super "feel" guys, so for me to really notice this, it's soft, lol.

What I'm thinking is, I took the Spinners out of my Mizzy 11's and put the TI S400's in me & they fell great.

I'm not a real "tech head" regarding mixing/matching shafts, heads, etc. Hell, the first time that I ever went on a LM was 3 years ago. My teacher didn't really use them(He passed in '09 @ the age of 94yo), as I'd take the clubs out, hit them, then play them, and decide. I realize that I was fortunate this way, though I'm tentative about takin the Genius's out of the SCORs, for fear of screwin em up.

I just know that when I go at em with a full swing, I just feel that they're gonna be too soft.

LMAO, I'm screwy that way, cuz when I start thinkin about it, I can't shake that, lol.

Have a great season!!

My Very Best,
Richard
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly about the shafts being very soft. The firm+ I do believe is their stiffest stock ! I'm also hesitant to remove those at least till I get some on course feedback. Bummed also that these are parallel tips, but I do hit some pretty full sand and lob wedge shots, so soft isn't always going to work for me. Man, you were right about the weather-----got all the way up to 8* today !!!!

• Like 1

Titleist 913 D2 8.5* Rogue 70 S
Titleist 915 16.5* Whiteboard 80 X
Titleist 915 19* Whiteboard 90 S, 24* Whiteboard 100X
 AP2 716 KBS Tour S 1x SS SM7 Black 50* KBS
SM7 Black 54/14 KBS,  SM7 58/12 KBS
KP1 Carbon ---Cally Chrome Soft 2018
TM TP5X

[quote name='BCC' timestamp='1391836833' post='8621253']
[quote name='Forged4ever1' timestamp='1391807876' post='8618491']

I have the firm + in the SCORs, and while I was able to play/hit them in the fall for the review, and they were great, I would say that I was swinging the 43* &amp; 47* at about 60-70% because I was tentative regarding my equilibrium, though I had no problems physically, they felt "soft" to me. Now I'm not one of those super "feel" guys, so for me to really notice this, it's soft, lol.

What I'm thinking is, I took the Spinners out of my Mizzy 11's and put the TI S400's in me &amp; they fell great.

Have a great season!!

My Very Best,
Richard
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly about the shafts being very soft. The firm+ I do believe is their stiffest stock ! I'm also hesitant to remove those at least till I get some on course feedback. Bummed also that these are parallel tips, but I do hit some pretty full sand and lob wedge shots, so soft isn't always going to work for me. Man, you were right about the weather-----got all the way up to 8* today !!!!
[/quote]Dude, I just got off of the phone with Barry down at SCOR and he said that they'd put the S400's in all five of my irons for their cost!

That's pretty classy!

You should call down and talk to him.

He said that you could put any shaft that you want in em and you'll be fine.

Wow, this made my day, lol-

Have a good one Bro-

My Best,
Richard

This arrived Saturday. It's my fifth one. I've played it since it's introduction, and with the exception on 2007-08 & '10, cuz I wasn't swinging well enough to play it, it's been the FM in my bag at the end of every season. It usually lands in it from June-Mid July, lol.

That includes '12, and though I'm the eternal optimist, it may be a while before it sees any bag time when I come back, lol.

I don't care, I love lookin at it-

What a club!

Hopefully soon I'll be able to see if reality matches the hype on the SLDR, though it was fun fillin it, lol.

I really like the TMaG Tour because the weights give me a lot of flexibilty weight wise.

I last bagged the 8802 in '09, and the Ray Cook BG III in '11.

They don't make em like the old BG III, at least as a non custom.

I love the burnish marks on the neck.

Great bag

I had the Ray Cook BG1 as my first putter. Wish I'd never gotten rid of it, still look for one to show up in ebay

• Like 1

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]