2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1406918244' post='9834123']
What could this be?

[color=#292F33][url="https://twitter.com/gameyourgame/status/495258632964288513/photo/1"]@gameyourgame[/url][/color]

[color=#292F33]For some of you the wait will finally be over! Later today we will making another [url="https://twitter.com/hashtag/gamechanging?src=hash"]#gamechanging[/url] announcement (PST)![/color]
[/quote]

I think someone is going to use GAMEGOLF during tournament rounds at the PGA Championship. They tagged PGA of America in their first tweet about it. We'll see. They almost had a guy at the Open Championship use it during competitive rounds but it fell through.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got an email:
[size=4]
[size=4]Hello GAME GOLFER![/size][/size]
[size=4]
[size=4]We are happy to announce that our Android app is now available. The Android app enables you to enhance your GAME GOLF experience by allowing you to review and edit rounds, compare with others and keep track of your stats all from your Android device. Download the app here[/size]: [url="http://gamegolf.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c8bafa3bf6f0df5b93874607b&id=1ae0745f77&e=b56b238a3e"]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.gameyourgame.game[/url]
[/size][size=4]
[color=#303030][font=Helvetica]
[size=4]For iPhone users, you may already know that we have an iPhone app in the App Store, which you can find here: [url="http://gamegolf.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=c8bafa3bf6f0df5b93874607b&id=01dbe234ec&e=b56b238a3e"]https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/game-golf/id682389516?mt=8[/url][/size][/color]
[color=#303030]
[size=4][font=tahoma, verdana, segoe, sans-serif]Use the app to follow friends, share your rounds and have fun!

GAME GOLF Team[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font]

GREAT news! just downloaded it! YIPPEEEEE

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

I'll probably end up putting mine up on the BST here in a couple days. It's used and you can see some wear on some of the tags but no issues. With hernia surgery a couple weeks ago and a move coming up, I could just use the funds instead. If anyone wants to take a stab at it now, I'll probably be asking $175 OBO. I just don't have time to get pics up yet, but can if need be.

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1407024312' post='9842783']
Just got home, don't even want to upload. What a terrible round, much less for my first time using GG.

What happens if I don't sign the card?

LOL
[/quote]

You can upload and then erase the round without editing. There is a trash can symbol near the Sign Round box.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1407074672' post='9845115']
For those of you that want to see what shooting double your HI looks like, follow me at:

www.gamegolf.com/player/justmuckit
[/quote]

Damn dude..... Thats a round.. my back hurts after looking at those numbers....

I know your pain.... Nothing like tossing a round up that you start wondering if a triple digit score is coming...

I played a couple of years ago (about 2 months after picking the game back up) and I lost 15 golf balls in 14 holes....

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1407202930' post='9858691']
[quote name='Justmuckit' timestamp='1407074672' post='9845115']
For those of you that want to see what shooting double your HI looks like, follow me at:

www.gamegolf.com/player/justmuckit
[/quote]

Damn dude..... Thats a round.. my back hurts after looking at those numbers....

I know your pain.... Nothing like tossing a round up that you start wondering if a triple digit score is coming...

I played a couple of years ago (about 2 months after picking the game back up) and I lost 15 golf balls in 14 holes....
[/quote]

I shot a career low 80 with a three putt on 18 a month ago.

And then this?

I couldn't do anything right Saturday. It was like I'd never slated before.

Question: When you change out clubs (you know you do, you sluts), how do you go about doing that in GameGolf while retaining the data? I assume if you "Delete Club" the data is gone? If I just change the Club Manufacturer/Model will it be able to differentiate between before the change and after?

I just picked up a new 2H and want to make sure the numbers of my previous 2H do not skew this new bad boy.

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407238025' post='9860657']
Question: When you change out clubs (you know you do, you sluts), how do you go about doing that in GameGolf while retaining the data? I assume if you "Delete Club" the data is gone? If I just change the Club Manufacturer/Model will it be able to differentiate between before the change and after?

I just picked up a new 2H and want to make sure the numbers of my previous 2H do not skew this new bad boy.
[/quote]

I would just one of the extra tags (circle, square, diamond, star) and add the club to my bag. That way the data stays clean for the club removed and the club added.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1407238294' post='9860671']

[/quote]

I would just one of the extra tags (circle, square, diamond, star) and add the club to my bag. That way the data stays clean for the club removed and the club added.
[/quote]

Ummmmmm....Mine are all used up unfortunately. I have one used on one of my 3 putters, one on my 2 Iron, one on my extra driver, and I have one designated for Penalty Shot. :crazy:

Maybe I will just get rid of the Penalty Tag since I have enough data to new skew my numbers too much.

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407239380' post='9860733']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummmmmm....Mine are all used up unfortunately. I have one used on one of my 3 putters, one on my 2 Iron, one on my extra driver, and I have one designated for Penalty Shot. :crazy:

Maybe I will just get rid of the Penalty Tag since I have enough data to new skew my numbers too much.
[/quote]

Why the extra tag on a putter? It's going to calculate distance of the shot but not record your putts and skew the stats that way, big time. The putter tag is used to calculate greens in regulation, putts, etc. It's definitely the most important tag in the system. I'd definitely switch the putter tag to whichever putter you're going to be using that day and take that extra tag for the hybrid, but that's just me.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1407240682' post='9860813']
[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407239380' post='9860733']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why the extra tag on a putter? It's going to calculate distance of the shot but not record your putts and skew the stats that way, big time. The putter tag is used to calculate greens in regulation, putts, etc. It's definitely the most important tag in the system. I'd definitely switch the putter tag to whichever putter you're going to be using that day and take that extra tag for the hybrid, but that's just me.
[/quote]

I don't think that is 100% accurate actually. When you add a club, it asks the club type before you attach a tag to it. So I would add a club, choose PUTTER, then put my make/model in there and then attach the "Star" or "Diamond" tag.

I hope I am not wrong!

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407241513' post='9860875']

[/quote]

I don't think that is 100% accurate actually. When you add a club, it asks the club type before you attach a tag to it. So I would add a club, choose PUTTER, then put my make/model in there and then attach the "Star" or "Diamond" tag.

I hope I am not wrong!
[/quote]

Yea you don't need a tag on all 3 putters, its not like they are calculating putt distance, made %, etc. on a per putter basis (in fact I don't even think the putter is listed on the club performance section). To my knowledge all the putter does is calculate putts, GIR, scramble % (based on # of putts taken). No need to have one for each individual putter just have to remember to move the tag!

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1407242357' post='9860929']
[/quote]

I hope I am not wrong!
[/quote]

Yea you don't need a tag on all 3 putters, its not like they are calculating putt distance, made %, etc. on a per putter basis (in fact I don't even think the putter is listed on the club performance section). To my knowledge all the putter does is calculate putts, GIR, scramble % (based on # of putts taken). No need to have one for each individual putter just have to remember to move the tag!
[/quote]

I guess what I am saying is that when I go to My Rounds, I see the "Putts per Hole" statistic. When I open that round where I was lights out with the putter, it would be nice to know which one I used.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, that's what I did. Using the star tag for my new 3 wood.

[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407243239' post='9861009']
[/quote]

I hope I am not wrong!
[/quote]

[/quote]

I guess what I am saying is that when I go to My Rounds, I see the "Putts per Hole" statistic. When I open that round where I was lights out with the putter, it would be nice to know which one I used.
[/quote]

I understood exactly what you meant. As being a GAMEGolf user from it's inception; any "real" golfer is constantly changing clubs out of his bag. :wink: This has been my biggest issue from the beginning that all the data regardless of the club is associated with a particular club tag. They need to either allow the device to read more tags, or get more in depth with club history.

As a beta tester I have suggested the idea to archive club stats. As if to "garage" a club or even "retire" a club. But you would also need the option to undo said actions.

Right now to solve it i just use separate tags, and I am out of tags so i had to merge my old driver stats with my new driver stats.

BKIM: The guys over at GAMEGolf are ALL IN continuing to make this product better every day.

They indicated a fix for more detailed shot stats is looming. Just not exactly sure when. Cheers!

[quote name='techjunkee' timestamp='1407258417' post='9862947']
[quote name='Dat_Dude' timestamp='1407243239' post='9861009']
[/quote]

I hope I am not wrong!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I understood exactly what you meant. As being a GAMEGolf user from it's inception; any "real" golfer is constantly changing clubs out of his bag. :wink: This has been my biggest issue from the beginning that all the data regardless of the club is associated with a particular club tag. They need to either allow the device to read more tags, or get more in depth with club history.

[b]As a beta tester I have suggested the idea to archive club stats. As if to "garage" a club or even "retire" a club. But you would also need the option to undo said actions.[/b]

Right now to solve it i just use separate tags, and I am out of tags so i had to merge my old driver stats with my new driver stats.

BKIM: The guys over at GAMEGolf are ALL IN continuing to make this product better every day.

They indicated a fix for more detailed shot stats is looming. Just not exactly sure when. Cheers!
[/quote]

That is EXACTLY what they need. Great suggestion!

[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1407419398' post='9878367']
So the tag popped off of my 7 iron last night at the range, the base is still screwed in. I guess I could just glue it back on, shouldn't cause any problems, right?
[/quote]

Weird. It's probably best to try and get the screw part out before it falls into the shaft and starts rattling around. You can always use a different tag for your 7i moving forward (I use the square for my 5i because the tag wouldn't register for whatever reason). I'm sure if you contact GAME GOLF they'll get you a new tag too.

[quote name='Stu Knod' timestamp='1407655702' post='9899733']
[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1407548502' post='9892385']
Actually it's just the top cap that popped off, the screw is still intact so wasn't too hard to get it off. Using another tag temporarily until I try some glue.
[/quote]

So did the tag come apart or actually break or stress crack?
[/quote]

Nope, the round cap just popped off, no cracks or anything else. I can see the small splotch of glue, kind of sparse to be honest.

Forgot to throw my unit in the bag after charging it so didn't have it at the course today. Is there anyway to manually enter a round?