2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='daryguy77' timestamp='1404763386' post='9653989']
How does it know when I have completed a hole and have moved onto the next tee? Does it automatically based on my location, or when I tag something other than a putter?
[/quote]

They have mapped the courses so when you get to the next tee and tag whatever club you tee off with it effectively ends the previous hole.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1404764972' post='9654197']
How does it know when I have completed a hole and have moved onto the next tee? Does it automatically based on my location, or when I tag something other than a putter?
[/quote]

They have mapped the courses so when you get to the next tee and tag whatever club you tee off with it effectively ends the previous hole.
[/quote]

I think the algorithm is simpler than that. You are on the next hole when you hit a putter and then some club other than a putter. The reason I think this is the algorithm is I played a par 4 and then forgot to tag my six iron for the tee off the next par 3: when gg processed this hole, the flag for the par 4 was put on the par 3 green and I had 4 putts on the par four (one putt being 194 yards to the green of the par 3).

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1404780577' post='9655961']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the algorithm is simpler than that. You are on the next hole when you hit a putter and then some club other than a putter. The reason I think this is the algorithm is I played a par 4 and then forgot to tag my six iron for the tee off the next par 3: when gg processed this hole, the flag for the par 4 was put on the par 3 green and I had 4 putts on the par four (one putt being 194 yards to the green of the par 3).
[/quote]
That algorithm is bound to go wrong! What happens if you putt it off the green into a bunker? (Been there, done that)

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1404817286' post='9658173']
[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1404780577' post='9655961']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
That algorithm is bound to go wrong! What happens if you putt it off the green into a bunker? (Been there, done that)
[/quote]

I think its more sophisticated than just once you use a putter and tag something else it moves it to the next hole because I've putted it off the green and had it register correctly for the same hole.

New to the forums, but I just picked up a GG for $115 from another forum. I'm a tech and data fiend, so I'm hoping that I'll really enjoy this. I've tinkered around for a little, but finally just got a serious lesson and hope to really start improving my game. Don't expect awesome scores from me for now. Hope to get one uploaded this weekend before a surgery next week.

Awesome and welcome to wrx and to game golf. I love mine.

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

My unit does not beep when I tag a club. Is there a way that the audible sound can be toggled on?

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Anyone had any issues trying to review your round? Maybe they are doing some maintanence on their site. I uploaded my round that I shot today and then when I go online it says "review round" I click there and it just shows the circling thinking icon thingy. I've logged out of GG and back in, it still shows I have 1 round to review but each time it just sits there and thinks...like the website isn't responding.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I logged out out of GG again and back in, this time it shows my round to review... back to normal :-)

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[quote name='that0neguy' timestamp='1405017907' post='9674899']
So I just got mine yesterday and hoping to take it out to the course tomorrow. All I have to do is hit the game golf icon to turn on the device, wait for the light to turn green and start tagging, right? Is that really it?
[/quote]

Close. Turn it on by pressing the Game icon (it's tough the 1st time but loosens up over time) the red and white light will be blinking. Wait for the red light to stop blinking (that will mean that it found the GPS) and now you're good to start tagging. Takes 1-2 minutes for mine to find satellites, some others have taken a little longer.

I drove 2 hours to play a golf course the other day and when I got home & plugged in, it said I had 1 round to transfer. It transferred til about 75% then just stayed there. I let it try for about 30 minutes then just gave up on it. No round on dashboard and no round on GG unit. Bummer.

I still dont understand why it doesn't "beep" when I tag a club.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1405018085' post='9674931']
[quote name='that0neguy' timestamp='1405017907' post='9674899']
So I just got mine yesterday and hoping to take it out to the course tomorrow. All I have to do is hit the game golf icon to turn on the device, wait for the light to turn green and start tagging, right? Is that really it?
[/quote]

Close. Turn it on by pressing the Game icon (it's tough the 1st time but loosens up over time) the red and white light will be blinking. Wait for the red light to stop blinking (that will mean that it found the GPS) and now you're good to start tagging. Takes 1-2 minutes for mine to find satellites, some others have taken a little longer.
[/quote]

Agreed, the first time I used mine it took about 5 minutes to find the GPS signal. Now and I don't know if this is because I play the same course all the time, it takes around 1 minute, I just turn it on and clip it on my belt as I'm getting my clubs out of the truck. We usually putt or warm-up for a while prior to playing and it's more than ready by the time I get to the 1st tee.

What's In The Bag 

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[quote name='Mathwiz' timestamp='1405083652' post='9679543']
I drove 2 hours to play a golf course the other day and when I got home & plugged in, it said I had 1 round to transfer. It transferred til about 75% then just stayed there. I let it try for about 30 minutes then just gave up on it. No round on dashboard and no round on GG unit. Bummer.

I still dont understand why it doesn't "beep" when I tag a club.
[/quote]

Email them, the round most likely transferred. They should be able to retrieve it.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

Posted my first 9 holes today (other 9 were rained out). Went pretty well. I screwed up a couple of things but hopefully I can figure them out before signing next time...

I didn't notice that I missed tagging a drive so my score should have been 1 higher. O well I am sure I will add an extra stroke somewhere in the future haha.

3 18 hole rounds and 1 9 hole round so far. Really struggling with the tagging, on one hand it's a distraction and I don't need any more distractions on the course. ;-) On the other hand, I'm missing a lot of tags and it's annoying to have to do a bunch of edits after every round. Does this get better over time? Any suggestions on how to make this a part of the pre-shot routine?

I need a better system too. I had been tagging right when I get to the tee box, but if I get to the box and I tag it and then have to wait for a few minutes for groups in front of me, I can never remember if I already tagged. I am getting better at it though.

The only difference is that I love editing the round after.

[quote name='jdl' timestamp='1405277387' post='9692223']
3 18 hole rounds and 1 9 hole round so far. Really struggling with the tagging, on one hand it's a distraction and I don't need any more distractions on the course. ;-) On the other hand, I'm missing a lot of tags and it's annoying to have to do a bunch of edits after every round. Does this get better over time? Any suggestions on how to make this a part of the pre-shot routine?
[/quote]

I simply tag it and then start my pre shot routine. Maybe if you use it as a way to kick off your pre-shot routine you'll remember to tag.

[/quote]

That was me, the tagging just didn't work for me. I'd forget to do, or do the tag and forget that I already did.

It's such a neat deal I really wish I could have gotten past that, but I sold mine.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1405305732' post='9694827']
[/quote]

That was me, the tagging just didn't work for me. I'd forget to do, or do the tag and forget that I already did.

It's such a neat deal I really wish I could have gotten past that, but I sold mine.
[/quote]

I've used mine for several rounds. Finding the right tagging time is proving a challenge for me as well.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1405301433' post='9694359']
[/quote]

I simply tag it and then start my pre shot routine. Maybe if you use it as a way to kick off your pre-shot routine you'll remember to tag.
[/quote]

I'm going to try moving it to near my right hip on the belt, had it on the left side previously. Maybe that will help. I also find it takes more effort to get the club recognized than I'd hoped. Sometimes it takes 2-3 "taps" to get the buzz/beep confirmation.

I put mine on the right hip, on my belt. As I step up to my ball I tag the club, seems very simple, takes less than a second. When we have more than me and my buddy playing I have a lot more time to tag as I'll step up next to my ball and shoot the pin with my range finder then tag the GAME GOLF as I'm waiting my turn to hit.

What's In The Bag 

[quote name='daryguy77' timestamp='1405434594' post='9704237']
I have used the tags for 2 rounds and they have started to wear a little bit. Is this normal and does it impact future tagging. Players who have used them a lot, please let me know. I took the tags off my clubs and cleaned them. Any recommendations to keep them in good shape?
[/quote]

Mine got scuffed up pretty quickly but that does not seem to have an effect on the tagging

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

[quote name='Bucken77' timestamp='1405434740' post='9704257']
[quote name='daryguy77' timestamp='1405434594' post='9704237']
I have used the tags for 2 rounds and they have started to wear a little bit. Is this normal and does it impact future tagging. Players who have used them a lot, please let me know. I took the tags off my clubs and cleaned them. Any recommendations to keep them in good shape?
[/quote]

Mine got scuffed up pretty quickly but that does not seem to have an effect on the tagging
[/quote]

+1. Mine have been scuffed pretty badly but never have an issue with tagging. Earlier in the thread I mentioned that my lob wedge tag broke (the screw separated from the flat plastic tag) and Game Golf replaced it quickly, for free. I practice quite often, using my gamers with the tags on them, so my clubs are in and out quite frequently. No issues yet with malfunctioning tags.

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

Over time that shot will be pretty meaningless. It is something I wish they would allow though. I desperately want them to let us delete rounds. I have a scramble round on there that is messing up my stats a bit

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77