2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Game Golf tracking system (merged)

Just wanted to add to the praise here even though I do not own one yet.

Here in Germany we are behind you guys with regards to mapped courses so before pulling the trigger I wanted my favorite courses to be covered. I filled in the "Request a new course" on Sunday 3 times and just checked and all 3 are now included.

Guess I have no excuses now to order one :-)

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems to be a very cool and useful tool. I want to get one but just wonder if the GPS system in Europe (I live in Spain) will support Game Golf properly since there are several posts from UK users complaining about that. Any more opinions from european users?
Thanks

Cobra AEROJET LS GD AD IZ 6
TM Stealth 15 Ventus Red 6

Callaway UW 19 Hzrdus Smoke Black
Cobra King Utility 4i MMT
Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-7i / ZX7 8-PW SteelFiber i95
Cleveland CBX2 50 / RTX6 56 /RTX6 60
Cobra King Vintage Stingray / Scotty Cameron Newport 2

[quote name='Mgnelson88' timestamp='1403623316' post='9566283']
Bought mine last night (cheaper on Amazon) and will be here tomorrow!
[/quote]

Great first post! While you are waiting get on GG's site and set your bag up ahead of time. You will be thankful you did! Oh and also share the UserID with us so us golf nerds can stalk you.

Ahhh.. .Thanks for the redirect !!

I have been following this product for months and finally got my own a few weeks ago..so far love it. support has been fantastic... specially questions on Twitter..quick responses!!

They keep making improvements. ..now with the analysis tab.. is sweet!!

Driver:  TourEdge Exotic Pro 10.5 with NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiff
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybrid
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34in
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

TESTING: NIPPO N.S. Regio Formula MB+ 65 Stiff.

Man, as someone who was into this from Day 1 it's really exciting to see the advancements they've made - including the awesome customer service. They're a true model for a successful tech product roll out in 2014.

Since I don't have one yet, I have a quick question: it's easy enough to see rounds by individual since many of you link them in your signatures (awesome!), but is there an easy way to search rounds by golf course? I'm curious to see how Game Golfers are doing on my home course.

Thanks in advance.

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

Kevin,

I spoke with support and that feature is coming.. because right now.. unless you know the person name who has one in your course you can't search the course or even city and state..
but I thinking by later summer probably will see that feature appear!!

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1403523798' post='9555919']
[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1403523331' post='9555877']
Could anybody post some screenshots of the new stat pages? I've been tempted to jump on this product, but the lack of actionable stats has kept me from jumping in. One thing I'd really like to see them do is be able to analyze where you're missing fairways and greens, not just when you hit and when you don't.

[/quote]

Here are some screenshots for the new analysis page that I had already taken for my blog. You can filter by rounds (last 10, last 20), course, clubs, or distance for approach to green or off the tee.

[attachment=2289169:game-golf-analysis-page-driver.jpg]

[attachment=2289167:game-golf-analysis-page-approach-100-125-yards.jpg]
[/quote]

Yes the new Analysis page rocks. I already notice that Im hitting my wedges longer then I thought.. time to adust!

I've used mine for two rounds now and very disappointed to report the accuracy of the tags is not that great. When I contacted Game they advised that the system only uses one GPS satellite, and without triangulation, accuracy will remain a problem unless close enough for hand grenades is all you are looking for.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9*
Hazrdus Smoke S
Taylormade SLDR TP Mini 1 12*
Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec 73 - S
PXG 3w 15*
Evenflow Blue 60 - S
PXG 3h 19*
Evenflow Blue 82h - S
PXG 311T 3-PW, GW, SW, LW
Aerotech Steelfiber i95 - S
Edel E-3
Taylormade TP5 pix

[quote name='seetoo' timestamp='1403726693' post='9576771']
I've used mine for two rounds now and very disappointed to report the accuracy of the tags is not that great. When I contacted Game they advised that the system only uses one GPS satellite, and without triangulation, accuracy will remain a problem unless close enough for hand grenades is all you are looking for.
[/quote]

Weird. I've only had a handful of times that a tag has been wildly off kilter (i.e. a shot on the green showing up in the greenside bunker or something like that) I wonder if they have better GPS satellite coverage in the Boston area? Although I've used it in NY and SC and haven't noticed problems.

How many times in two rounds were your tags wildly different than reality?

Its off by 3-5yds at times..but you adjust it when reviewing your round.. in only at one hole that was close to the other tee box and continue to add shots.. i had 13 on a par 4..yikes. lol

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1403727263' post='9576841']
[quote name='seetoo' timestamp='1403726693' post='9576771']
[/quote]

Weird. I've only had a handful of times that a tag has been wildly off kilter (i.e. a shot on the green showing up in the greenside bunker or something like that) I wonder if they have better GPS satellite coverage in the Boston area? Although I've used it in NY and SC and haven't noticed problems.

How many times in two rounds were your tags wildly different than reality?
[/quote]

Full shots, about once every hole and tags on the putting green are completely useless for recording location. All it really does is record the number of putts.

Hazrdus Smoke S
PXG 3w 15*
Evenflow Blue 60 - S
PXG 3h 19*
Evenflow Blue 82h - S
Edel E-3
Taylormade TP5 pix

[quote name='skyking' timestamp='1403736259' post='9577893']
I think GPS cannot locate you without 3 satellites. In aviation we need 3 locked on for navigation and 4 for accurate altitude\GPS approaches. That's why they can't find where Flight 370 went down...they only had one satellite.
[/quote]

That is my understanding as well and I was shocked when the Game rep admitted the system only uses one. Under that set up getting the location right within 10 yards is as much luck and accident as anything.

Hazrdus Smoke S
PXG 3w 15*
Evenflow Blue 60 - S
PXG 3h 19*
Evenflow Blue 82h - S
Edel E-3
Taylormade TP5 pix

[quote name='mrbandit' timestamp='1403729597' post='9577063']
Its off by 3-5yds at times..but you adjust it when reviewing your round.. in only at one hole that was close to the other tee box and continue to add shots.. i had 13 on a par 4..yikes. lol
[/quote]

If you know the course and are familiar with landmarks, correcting the locations on the satellite image using the editing process is pretty easy, but plotting the round myself after the round was not the deal I bargained for when I dropped $250 for the system. Being off by a yard or two, I can understand, but being off 10-20 yards is usless on the greens.

Hazrdus Smoke S
PXG 3w 15*
Evenflow Blue 60 - S
PXG 3h 19*
Evenflow Blue 82h - S
Edel E-3
Taylormade TP5 pix

Received my unit today, tagged all my clubs, then came to the putter. I've been using an Odyssey backstryke marxman, but I've been very close to switching to a counterbalanced Tank Cruiser. That switch would cause problems as there is a metal weight in the grip where the tag would go - inconvenient.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='seetoo' timestamp='1403746563' post='9579163']
[/quote]

If you know the course and are familiar with landmarks, correcting the locations on the satellite image using the editing process is pretty easy, but plotting the round myself after the round was not the deal I bargained for when I dropped $250 for the system. Being off by a yard or two, I can understand, but being off 10-20 yards is usless on the greens.
[/quote]

Stinks its not working for you like me. After the first few round uploads went smoothly I barely even look at the geo location anymore. When editing missed greens for when I use my putter from the fringe my locations always seem to be pretty spot on or like you said within a yard or two so I rarely even move them figuring it all evens out.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1403748348' post='9579435']
[quote name='seetoo' timestamp='1403746563' post='9579163']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Stinks its not working for you like me. After the first few round uploads went smoothly I barely even look at the geo location anymore. When editing missed greens for when I use my putter from the fringe my locations always seem to be pretty spot on or like you said within a yard or two so I rarely even move them figuring it all evens out.
[/quote]

Same here, I've only used it at my home course, total of 11 rounds now and the yardages seem spot on, there will be a hole usually #7 and sometimes #13 that it will record my shot(s) right of where they should be with regards to looking at the hole from the tee box. The distance will be correct but instead of being on the green it will be slightly off, but again the yardages are correct. It's almost like the system thinks the middle of the green is in a slightly different location than it shows on the image. The yardages are correct though so I don't see a big issue.

No system is perfect, but in my humble opinion I sure as heck know I'm not a perfect golfer...look at my choice of employment (small business owner, Master Plumber)...I'm not on tour and not planning on going on any tour in my lifetime. What I'm saying is, I like how over time GAME GOLF will average my club distances, I am not near good enough to hit every single club in my bag an exact distance every single time I play, and for sure not within a +/- 10 yard distance every single time. I cannot and don't ever plan on being able to hit a 7-iron exactly 151 yards, but if I know what to expect, within reason then to me the product it doing it's job. I still have to be the one to pull the correct club for the given shot, there may be wind, elevation, or other factors I think in my opinion GAME GOLF helps to remove some of the guess work and to me that's worth a lot when it comes to the mental side of the game.

Hopefully it will work out for you, I really think this is a good product.

What's In The Bag 

Driver:  Cobra LTDx 9*  ||  FWs:  Cleveland 3 Hy-wood 18*

Hybrid:  Titleist TS2 23*  ||  Irons:  Srixon Z565 6-PW

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

So recorded my first round last night (http://www.gamegolf.com/player/FrankfurtDave) and apart from missing tagging when in 2 bunkers I found that it fit nicely with my pre-shot routine and worked really well.

One question though on one hole it seemed to add my last putt as my tee shot on the next hole. So it showed that I got a 4 and not a 5 and then on next hole that I hit a 200 metre putter from the correct position on the next tee :-). Anyone else seen this and know how this can happen?

Not a big issue and easy to edit out but just curious.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

Question,
When I log into GAME GOLF on the right hand side it says "SHOW" when I click on that I can then click on the box to add a checkmark to "my stats", next it shows "ME" and "Gus" since I am Gus, who is Me?

Why does it show "Me" and "Gus" if they are one in the same?

What's In The Bag 

Wedges*:  Cleveland 588 RTX CB 50*/10* & 58*/12* Black Pearl  ||  PutterΨPing Anser 

Ball: Pro V1x, Srixon Q-star tour, & Kirkland    ||  Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite white/royal

[quote name='gigemaggs99' timestamp='1403811391' post='9584661']
Question,
When I log into GAME GOLF on the right hand side it says "SHOW" when I click on that I can then click on the box to add a checkmark to "my stats", next it shows "ME" and "Gus" since I am Gus, who is Me?

[/quote]

Maybe you have an alter ego playing with GAME GOLF as well?

Question,

[/quote]

If you were looking at someone else's profile you would view their stats, then click me and it will superimpose your stats on their chart for a direct comparison.

Anser 8.5* Phenom 50s
CB2 16.5* Epic, HDI 19* 23* Phenom 1
I20 5-GW c-taper 120s
Eye2 XG SW & LW
Ketsch 34" Flatso Ultra
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/Burns

[quote name='Burns' timestamp='1403825810' post='9586221']
Question,

[/quote]

If you were looking at someone else's profile you would view their stats, then click me and it will superimpose your stats on their chart for a direct comparison.
[/quote]

Thank you sir.

What's In The Bag 

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1403811684' post='9584693']
Question,

[/quote]

Maybe you have an alter ego playing with GAME GOLF as well?
[/quote]

Well if that's the case, [i]Me[/i] needs to shoot better or have a talk with [i]Gus[/i], the 95 from yesterday and 23 putts on the front nine gave [i]Him[/i] nightmares. Today's round with 13 and 13 putts was much better for [i]Us[/i].

Said [i]Him[/i]. :crazy2:

What's In The Bag 

I've been following the progress of Game Golf since it was first announced. Certainly something I am very interested in, but the mixed reviews are a bit worrying. The main annoyances at the moment seem to be

1. Inaccurate GPS
2. Amount of time spent post round amending shots

#1 is simply an unfortunate hardware fault, but can anyone think of intuitive ways to solve problem #2? I am a hobbiest app developer and with the abundance of wearable tech about to come onto the market ([url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFi-QpuZfXs"]Moto 360[/url] looks the goods) I wonder if there is an alternative way to enter the same info as Game Golf uses.

How would people feel about simply pressing a button on their watch and simply saying "5 iron from fairway bunker" or "putting from off the green" or "7 iron after taking an unplayable"? Google's voice recognition tools are pretty good these days and with a companion app on your phone handling the GPS location (hopefully a bit more accurately than GG) it could potentially capture all the same info without the need for any additional hardware.

What do you think? Worth whipping up a prototype or would people feel like a knob talking into the phone/watch before each shot?

I know the working on the option to search other users better.. but right now.. you can't search for the user name.. it can only search for actual name. ie John Doe.. not jdoe2014..