Game Golf tracking system (merged)

[quote name='asommers14' timestamp='1397674683' post='9105633']
Anyone looking to sell theirs yet?
[/quote]

Possibly. I just got mine today and went out and used it for nine holes. It is really cool to see the shots after the fact. But I don't know if I'm going to able to get used to the tagging process. I don't have much of a per shot routine, just grab the club and setup, and it was a bit disruptive to me.

But the end results really are pretty awesome, so I think I have to try it at least another round.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1397699416' post='9108493']
[/quote]

Possibly. I just got mine today and went out and used it for nine holes. It is really cool to see the shots after the fact. But I don't know if I'm going to able to get used to the tagging process. I don't have much of a per shot routine, just grab the club and setup, and it was a bit disruptive to me.

But the end results really are pretty awesome, so I think I have to try it at least another round.
[/quote]

A guy on Ebay was going to sell me his for 160 and by the time I got around to pull the trigger he had sold it already.

[quote name='asommers14' timestamp='1397709731' post='9109671']
[/quote]

[/quote]

A guy on Ebay was going to sell me his for 160 and by the time I got around to pull the trigger he had sold it already.
[/quote]

That would have been a good buy. I bought mine off the BST over the weekend for $225.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1397733784' post='9110297']
[quote name='asommers14' timestamp='1397709731' post='9109671']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That would have been a good buy. I bought mine off the BST over the weekend for $225.
[/quote]

I really wish I wouldve got it for that price.

Two rounds in & loving it. Tagging is blending into my per shot routine; missed a few during round one, fewer in round two. Post-round editing is smooth as well.

MODERN:
Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
--------
CLASSIC (under construction):
'62 Hogan Power Thrust irons
--------
HICKORY:
Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
George Nicoll spade mashie
Tom Morris mashie niblick
Gibson Skoogee niblick
Spalding HB putter

I actually missed tagging an entire hole. So when I edited there was no hole #16 and I couldn't find a way to add it in. I ended up combing 16 & 17 into one just to have the correct number of strokes, but it sure messed things up. Anyone know if there is a way to add a hole.

I'm still not sure about it. It's still really cool to view the round after the fact, but the tagging is still proving to be a distraction to me. Somehow I've become our group's official scorekeeper, and between keeping scores, garbage bets, and trying to tag, I'm finding myself hitting shots without having a clear idea of the shot I want to play. Just a rushed feeling.

I may give it one more try today, then try to make a decision.

They just had another big update (its still downloading to my game golf) April 18th fixing some things the biggest being they changed their club distance algorithm to make them more accurate to your actual distances (removing chips, punches, etc). This is what keeps me using it because they are rolled out updated to make the product better.

I had a chance to play with the new download and it improved the information we get back 10 fold. The updated distance calculations gives you a MUCH better picture of your true yardage with each of you clubs. The biggest improvement is in your GW/SW/LW/PW as the chips/pitches are not included for distance calculation. The updated distances I have are much more representative of where I expect to hit them and not have a way to see if how far I think I hit my clubs is correct. As I get more and more data logged I'm sure I'll start to see some gapping issues with my clubs that can lead to me making a better decision about what I need to do to improve.

As long as Game Golf continues to update every few months they can turn this into the product they want it to be. The newest update shows they are very much behind improving this and making it better and I for one couldn't be more pumped.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1397913685' post='9124471']
I actually missed tagging an entire hole. So when I edited there was no hole #16 and I couldn't find a way to add it in. I ended up combing 16 & 17 into one just to have the correct number of strokes, but it sure messed things up. Anyone know if there is a way to add a hole.

I'm still not sure about it. It's still really cool to view the round after the fact, but the tagging is still proving to be a distraction to me. Somehow I've become our group's official scorekeeper, and between keeping scores, garbage bets, and trying to tag, I'm finding myself hitting shots without having a clear idea of the shot I want to play. Just a rushed feeling.

I may give it one more try today, then try to make a decision.
[/quote]

you can add a hole... its in the round edit, holes... will bring up add a whole. but only if you havent played the hole aready (my nine hole course keeps it from adding a hole for a second time)

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

i tag mine right as i pull the club... makes it easier to deal with.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1398117752' post='9139213']
i tag mine right as i pull the club... makes it easier to deal with.
[/quote]

I thought about that, but since we ride there are several times the cart can be parked quite a ways away from where I'm hitting. Also when I take multiple clubs because I don't know what I'm going to use. Maybe I'm just too forgetful. Old age and all you know!

Oh, I forget to tag my crap all the time... I tag em right as I pull the club and walk to the ball.. I do it as I check my yardage again... then I step back and start my "pre squat routine" you know the one where you hit the ball, and then squat down and cry a little cuz its so bad....

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

The update to the dashboard is nice. My yardages are a lot more in line with how far I think I hit my clubs, especially the wedges.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1398218315' post='9148259']
The update to the dashboard is nice. My yardages are a lot more in line with how far I think I hit my clubs, especially the wedges.
[/quote]

What did they do exactly , is there a spot on the forums where they have a changelog? WTB patch notes.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1397603881' post='9099991']
[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1397572292' post='9095911']
Ok. I've got one coming, should be here tomorrow. I bought it used off the BST, hopefully that is not a problem. I've created an account.

I'm very technology challenged, is it pretty easy to get it set up and use?
[/quote]
very easy to use....

cant believe someone wouldnt like it. its just a cool toy.

is it shot link... no.... but can you really expect it to be for 250 bux?

its a REALLY cool gadget and should be viewed as such....
really and truly i think the biggest let down is that google earth wont let you zoom in any closer than it does... and that's a google thing, not a game golf thing..
[/quote]

Great unit. People always ask me "What's it do?" "Does it help your game?"

It tracks your ball with each club, and YES it does help your game.

Once you put 20 or so rounds under it you can really start to compare data. It's a great tool to gap your bag out and cover yardages for every club. I travel around golfing so it's kinda like a virtual scorecard keeper of my rounds, which is really cool. It won't replace your scorecard, and it won't correct your slice. But if you drain a 28ft eagle at Torrey Pines, it lives on forever through GAMEGolf!

If you're an over data eater for golf like I am, then this is perfect for you.

[quote name='daLef-T' timestamp='1398828222' post='9201183'] for the "tagging" do you need to hit the button before each shot? and when putting do u just hit it when u grab your ball out of the hole?? sorry im thinking about getting one and just trying to figure it out :P.. thanks! [/quote]

No button to hit. You tap the top of the grip of the club to the bottom of the device on your hip. That's it.

Same for when you finish a hole. Pick the ball out of the cup (no need to tap anything) when you're on the next tee and you tag a new club (Driver, iron, whatever) Game Golf knows you have started a new hole.

When you upload the round to your computer after the round it automatically calculates the holes for you (I'm assuming based on GPS and club selection) and then you need to add any penalties or shots you forgot to tag. After the first round edit it becomes much faster and easier to double check your rounds.

they have scrambling.. but i dont know how easy it will be to add a shot from the sand to the engine that computes it...

kinda like the on the green option with the putter... maybe they can add that option to all the shots...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

BTW...

I made the triangle tag a penalty tag.... I add it when I edit my round... allows me to not hit a 75 yard driver that cut over water instead of drew into the fairway at 250 yards +

I know about where the ball would normally end up.. so I can put it there and then "hit" my penatly shot back to where I hit my next club... and ....viola!

also shows me how much im eating up on average with drops....

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1399151450' post='9225423']
BTW...

I made the triangle tag a penalty tag.... I add it when I edit my round... allows me to not hit a 75 yard driver that cut over water instead of drew into the fairway at 250 yards +

I know about where the ball would normally end up.. so I can put it there and then "hit" my penatly shot back to where I hit my next club... and ....viola!

also shows me how much im eating up on average with drops....
[/quote]
This is a cool idea, but I'm not 100% sure I follow. Let me give you an example from my game that would help me understand how you're using this:[list=1]
[*]I tag the driver before taking the tee
[*]I rip a drive OB right and while cursing and praying it doesn't hit a house, I tag the triangle
[*]I tag the driver again before playing my 3rd?
[/list]
Alternatively[list=1]
[*]I tag an iron before taking the swing
[*]I leave it short and it goes in the drink
[*]I tag the triangle (where I dropped the ball, or where I shanked the iron from?)
[*]I tag the new club from the drop position and stick it close. (like how I worked at least a little positivity in?)
[/list]
I'm just trying to understand the sequence. THANKS!

yes for the first part

the second part you tag where you drop, and then tag the new club.

when you edit the round, you place the ball in the water about where you shot would normally fly to.. this keeps you from hitting a 150 yard 8 iron that only goes 135 and gets wet, but shows up as a 80 yard shot and messes your club distances in.. it also shows you that you lost 70 yards due to hitting it in the drank....

see... now on the first one, you drag the first drive the average driver distance and places it about where it went in real life.. then it actually shows you "hitting your penalty shot" back to the tee...

now you can see how much that bad swing actually cost you... you could make a OB tag for this if you wanted... I just have a penalty one, but this intrigues me (is that sad or what)

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I played a course yesterday where the geofencing was pretty bad when I edited the round. There were several holes where I was in the fairway where Game Golf round editor was saying I missed the fairway, and no matter where I moved the shot, it wouldn't say it was a fairway hit. Kind of sucks, since it throws off my fairway accuracy numbers, though as more rounds are added, it won't really matter.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

if that happens.. dont sign the round..

send them an email, and they will fix it within a day or two, then they will tell you its done... sign the round and its good to go.

I had this problem with mine... and they fixed it in 24 hours.... they told me if I ran into it again, to not sign my round until they fixed it.

NG

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis