Game Golf tracking system (merged)

Actually that error message is a recent addition. Before the site would just hang , no biggie you just had to refresh the site. They added this new error message and an automatic browser refresh(server side) so people don't have to do it manually. If that isn't working for you , manually refreshing my browser has always worked.

Every week they are adding more and more to the site. Tee Box played and slope/course rating were new this week. I didn't realize this was basically an "open beta". I don't mind and actually it is kind of cool seeing the interface constantly evolve.

G425 Max 9*o w/ RIP Beta
TEE CBX19 16.5*
Sub70 699U 19.5*
P770 5-P
Exo #7

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyking... I dont think they are selling it to retail... they are selling direct.. and they are shipping now.. i just got mine, three days after ordering it. so they are in stock, or were.....

not so ninja edit.

It has a place on the site to become a dealer. So forget all that nonsense from just before this about not selling to retail stores....o.0

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I got mine about a month ago but with a foot of snow on the ground still I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Heading to Myrtle next week for a 5 day 9 round trip. For those of you that have had a chance to give it a go I have a few questions.

1) What is the real life battery time? We will be playing 2 rounds a day. Has anyone had a problem getting 2 rounds in on one charge?

2) How may rounds have you been able to store before up loading? I don't want to have to bring the laptop down just to upload rounds so has anyone pushed it to see how many they can fit?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond.

[quote name='KJLarry' timestamp='1395110127' post='8894729']
I got mine about a month ago but with a foot of snow on the ground still I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Heading to Myrtle next week for a 5 day 9 round trip. For those of you that have had a chance to give it a go I have a few questions.

1) What is the real life battery time? We will be playing 2 rounds a day. Has anyone had a problem getting 2 rounds in on one charge?

2) How may rounds have you been able to store before up loading? I don't want to have to bring the laptop down just to upload rounds so has anyone pushed it to see how many they can fit?

[/quote]

1) You should have no problem getting 2 rounds off it, just make sure you turn it off in between the two rounds and re-charge it every night.
2) I have uploaded after each round and it has said every time it has room for 9 more rounds. So it should hold 10 rounds before needing to be downloaded to your computer. One tip, you might want to keep track of penalties, mistags on a scorecard for each round. When you upload a week later might be hard to remember the details of mistags or penalties, etc. Other than that it should work perfectly.

[quote name='brtnsbs' timestamp='1395144129' post='8895927']
1) You should have no problem getting 2 rounds off it, just make sure you turn it off in between the two rounds and re-charge it every night.
2) I have uploaded after each round and it has said every time it has room for 9 more rounds. So it should hold 10 rounds before needing to be downloaded to your computer. One tip, you might want to keep track of penalties, mistags on a scorecard for each round. When you upload a week later might be hard to remember the details of mistags or penalties, etc. Other than that it should work perfectly.
[/quote]

Glad to here I should be able to fit them all on without the need to download. Great point about penalty strokes. Hopefully I don't end up with any to worry about!

Google officially announced their wearable tech operating system today and it looks pretty slick. This has implications for us as golfers since, as Game Golf is showing showing, wearable quantifiable metrics is the next big thing in our space. Here's a picture of what the system will look like:

android-wear2.png

Now imagine having a GPS enabled app for this watch that gives you distances while also tracking your shots (exactly like Game Golf - only without the extra hardware). The app would intuitively know when you're standing on the 3rd tee box and ask if you're hitting the driver. Tap 'OK' and it GPS tags your shot with the driver. Swipe up or down to change it to 3W, hybrid or what have you and it tags that club. Go to your shot and the app tracks how far you hit it. Since the app is also tracking distances, it intuitively asks if you'll be hitting your 150 yard club since you're 150 yards out. Quickly swipe up or down if you're clubbing up or down. Tap again to confirm and you're ready to go.

Get near the green and swipe a "C" shape on the screen and the app knows you're chipping here, so it won't include that particular PW shot in your overall average yardage but will instead measure how close you usually chip the ball to the hole. You would also be able to just speak to the app and have it update. "Chipping using 52 degree wedge". "Add penalty stroke. Dropping here." "Sand shot using 60* wedge". All this can be done fast enough to not distract or delay at all from the round.

Anyway, you guys get the idea here. Just thinking/wishing out loud. Can't wait to see where this stuff leads!

TaylorMade SLDR 460 12*+1* stock stiff
Tour Exotics XCG 15*; Mizzuno 19* MP-650
Callaway X-20 Tour 4 - PW; PX 6.0 shafts
Titleist Vokey SM 52*, 56*, 60*
Odyssey Teron, 35" Super Stroke 3.0
https://www.gamegolf.com/player/KevinR22

[quote name='KJLarry' timestamp='1395110127' post='8894729']

[/quote]

I think it holds 9 total....

also, if you guys take an hour or so between rounds.. a standard smartphone charger will charge it enough... come off the course.. plug it up and then go.

I actually would recommend bringing your laptop. as each round will take some editing... it takes about 10 minutes per round... so between the last hole and dinner, I would upload them if I were you.

Enjoy it man. and safe travels...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Anyone out there try the Game Golf tracking system yet? Looks kind of cool and for under $300 might be a decent investment for game improvement. If you have used it then:
1. Is it bulky? Belt clip looks small but do the things you put on the end of your clubs annoy you?
2. Does it slow your game down at all? That would be a deal breaker for me.
3. Is the software easy to use?
4. How accurate do you find it to be?

Any input would be appreciated...

On a happy note...the snow is starting to melt here in Connecticut and my courses range opened today. We are almost there!

do you know how to use search?

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/958359-game-golf-tracking-system-merged/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/958359-game-golf-tracking-system-merged/[/url]

Or just look 11 topics down, it's pretty obvious.

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1395437286' post='8920803']

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/958359-game-golf-tracking-system-merged/"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/958359-game-golf-tracking-system-merged/[/url]

[/quote]

No need to be snippy to the guy. Just a little push in the right direction would have been fine

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1395437286' post='8920803']

[/quote]

Do you know how to just shut up? Or not say anything?

Keeping your mouth shut is an acquired skill, which you apparently haven't mastered yet.

There was really no need for your comment to the OP.

I have it.. and Yes, its worth it.

the only slow down for the round is the good kind.. make you think your way through the pre shot.

and it takes about 20-25 minutes to go shot by shot AFTER you download it to the computer to make corrections.. its not perfect. But I REALLY enjoy the round editiing part. its like getting to go play by play in my head over the round... it may be my favorite thing about the whole system. as it reminds me of the shots that I would have forgotten otherwise (even the ones I want to forget, lol)

I would recommend it to ANYONE ... just for the sheer enjoyment of reliving the round.. I cant imagine how awesome it would be if I got to play a course like a TPC or something equivalent with it.

would make the round last for ever.

It does have some limitations... my course has some tee boxes that are close together, so sometimes the system gets a little confused. but I can generally fix it.
the club attachments dont have any wieght to them. so they dont get in the way
and the belt clip thing.. is too small.... I forget its there and forget to make it beep... lol

Do it... you wont regret it.

then sign up and compare your rounds with my crappy ones and have a good laugh at my expense!

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I just ordered mine today. Looking forward to using it this year. I've always kept stats using golfshot, so I'll be interested to see how much easier it is to do it this way.

Does anyone know whether or not there is a comment section for each round. I like to make notes about who I play with, if anything out of the ordinary happened, etc. Also, is there a maximum number of rounds or distances with each club it can hold? I'm sure nobody's played enough to run into a limit, but I wonder if a limit has been mentioned somewhere?

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1395853727' post='8955527']
I just ordered mine today. Looking forward to using it this year. I've always kept stats using golfshot, so I'll be interested to see how much easier it is to do it this way.

Does anyone know whether or not there is a comment section for each round. I like to make notes about who I play with, if anything out of the ordinary happened, etc. Also, is there a maximum number of rounds or distances with each club it can hold? I'm sure nobody's played enough to run into a limit, but I wonder if a limit has been mentioned somewhere?
[/quote]

It takes a few rounds to get used to it--you have to incorporate the tagging part as part of your preshot routine, and editing gets easier after you've done it a few times--keep a regular scorecard at first so you can cross-check (in case you forget to tag or tag it too many times/need to enter in a penalty). The unit itself can carry multiple rounds (over 6 I believe) before it runs out of local storage and you need to connect it to a pc and download the rounds (which you need to do in order to edit them and see them online). Once they are uploaded to the web, there is no limit. There is a comment section for each round that you can add comments, or if you share it with friends, they can comment.

[quote name='gravel42' timestamp='1395854448' post='8955663']
[quote name='bwrichmond' timestamp='1395853727' post='8955527']

[/quote]

It takes a few rounds to get used to it--you have to incorporate the tagging part as part of your preshot routine, and editing gets easier after you've done it a few times--keep a regular scorecard at first so you can cross-check (in case you forget to tag or tag it too many times/need to enter in a penalty). The unit itself can carry multiple rounds (over 6 I believe) before it runs out of local storage and you need to connect it to a pc and download the rounds (which you need to do in order to edit them and see them online). Once they are uploaded to the web, there is no limit. There is a comment section for each round that you can add comments, or if you share it with friends, they can comment.
[/quote]

Awesome... thanks for answering my questions. I'll be uploading each round as I complete it, so editing should be a bit easier. I'll definitely still keep the card, at least initially.

Google officially announced their wearable tech operating system today and it looks pretty slick. This has implications for us as golfers since, as Game Golf is showing showing, wearable quantifiable metrics is the next big thing in our space. Here's a picture of what the system will look like:

android-wear2.png

Now imagine having a GPS enabled app for this watch that gives you distances while also tracking your shots (exactly like Game Golf - only without the extra hardware). The app would intuitively know when you're standing on the 3rd tee box and ask if you're hitting the driver. Tap 'OK' and it GPS tags your shot with the driver. Swipe up or down to change it to 3W, hybrid or what have you and it tags that club. Go to your shot and the app tracks how far you hit it. Since the app is also tracking distances, it intuitively asks if you'll be hitting your 150 yard club since you're 150 yards out. Quickly swipe up or down if you're clubbing up or down. Tap again to confirm and you're ready to go.

Get near the green and swipe a "C" shape on the screen and the app knows you're chipping here, so it won't include that particular PW shot in your overall average yardage but will instead measure how close you usually chip the ball to the hole. You would also be able to just speak to the app and have it update. "Chipping using 52 degree wedge". "Add penalty stroke. Dropping here." "Sand shot using 60* wedge". All this can be done fast enough to not distract or delay at all from the round.

Anyway, you guys get the idea here. Just thinking/wishing out loud. Can't wait to see where this stuff leads!

I look forward to serving our golf watch overlords.

In all seriousness, what you have laid out here is a great next step beyond the game golf belt mounted tracker.

If someone could actually make the interface work it would very useful.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1395833126' post='8953277']
Are the end pieces on the clubs easy to move from club to club? For those of us who are more prone to having different clubs in the bag round to round.
[/quote]

yes

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I think they definitely will make it so you can upload via bluetooth and edit via ipad/iphone/android in the future. The round editor is web based after it downloads the data off the game golf device. I would be surprised if future iterations of this product don't move towards blue tooth communication for round data.

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1395892459' post='8959791']
Are the end pieces on the clubs easy to move from club to club? For those of us who are more prone to having different clubs in the bag round to round.
[/quote]

yes
[/quote]

Thanks PG, I often change wedge sets &/or hyrbrids/fw's for rounds and it would be nice to be able to switch between clubs. I've read that you can "name" some of them, like penaltly for instance. So does that mean is comes with extras that are not preassigned a club?

Also, can you purchase extras?

It looks neat to me, I'll most likely be giving one a try at some point in the near future.

[quote name='deadsolid...shank' timestamp='1396042654' post='8971041']
[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1395892459' post='8959791']
[/quote]

yes
[/quote]

Thanks PG, I often change wedge sets &/or hyrbrids/fw's for rounds and it would be nice to be able to switch between clubs. I've read that you can "name" some of them, like penaltly for instance. So does that mean is comes with extras that are not preassigned a club?

Also, can you purchase extras?

It looks neat to me, I'll most likely be giving one a try at some point in the near future.
[/quote]

it comes with 14 clubs. plus 4 more
Driver, 3 wood, hybrid
4-Pw
sw, lw,
star triangle circle and square. the "shapes" can be anything you want.
I carry 2 hybrids and a gap wedge. so thats what my triangle and star are.

i dont know if you can order any extras... but it takes just a second or two to swap em over (i changed drivers this week and went back to my G25 from the Anser)
so if you have a couple of clubs that go back and forth, you can pre name them in the system, and when you swap em out, you can actually just click on them in the system.. or you can change the "plug" out and not have them specifically named in the system. (it allows you to tell the software exactly whats in your bag... mine knows that I play a set of anser forged irons and a set of G25 woods)

hope that helps

see if you can sign up for an account before you buy your system and then you can follow a couple of people and see what it does...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

[quote name='Ping Gator' timestamp='1396101304' post='8974171']
see if you can sign up for an account before you buy your system and then you can follow a couple of people and see what it does...
[/quote]

This. . .

Own it, but with the long winter here in the northeastern US, I haven't been able to take it out for a spin yet. That should happen next week.

MODERN:
Yonex eZone 380 10*, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 4w 17*
Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood 4-7h
Royal Collection Tour VS 8-PW
Fourteen MT28 J.Spec 52*, Yururi Chili 57*, Cleveland CG15 64*
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach
--------
CLASSIC (under construction):
'62 Hogan Power Thrust irons
--------
HICKORY:
Jack White JWX Model D driver, brassie & spoon
Mills BSD1 aluminium cleek
Tom Stewart mashie & niblick
George Nicoll spade mashie
Tom Morris mashie niblick
Gibson Skoogee niblick
Spalding HB putter

also, i emailed GGolf to see if you can get extra sensors... will let you know what they say

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I don't know if they're available yet, but it was talked about so you could have an extra set for maybe a travel set of clubs. Not sure if you'll be able to buy them individually.

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

I think you will have to make an account to follow. I'm finished my first round with the unit today and it was really pretty easy. I forgot to tag three or four shots on the front, but added them pretty easily. Back was much better. I hardly had to edit at all. Anyway, here's my page on Game Golf... You can view my round from today.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/bwrichmond

no extra sensors available.. but the support guy told me he has noted extra demand for more sensors...

support group for this company is awesome btw...

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis