Comparable to Chrome Soft X LS

Seems like I need a new ball.  I really liked the Chrome Soft X LS as a slightly spinner and slightly softer comp to Left Dash.

i like a harder / higher compression ball, but I need a little more spin than Left Dash provides.   Thought the Chrome Soft X LS was pretty great.  

I suppose I could scavenge / horde.  

Are there good comps?   TP5X?  BX?

thanks 

G430 LST 9* Ventus TR Black 6S

Darkspeed 15* 1K Pro White 70S

G430 19* LIN-Q TSPX Black 85H F4

Black Ops 22* AV White 85S
ZX5 MkII (5-P) Modus3 105X
MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Monoblok 6.5

Chrome tour is the replacement to the LS. Tp5x also worth looking at.

• Like 2

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket @13*, Aldila NV Green 55x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, Aldila NV Green 55x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r Standard

Ball: TP5X 2019/2024

As the CSXLS is my current gamer

I would say the 22 BX is close. (Former gamer)
i recently tried.. 

TP5x&TP5 both spin significantly more throughout the bag, but good balls

Chrome tour feels softer and spins a lot more at the bottom of the bag (8-wedges) 

The chrome Tour X i didn’t like the feel right away. Too firm for my liking

i have not try the new 24 tour BX (line).

I’ve heard good things about Wilson’s new staff/staff x 

i don’t play Titliest. Not that they’re bad or anything.
I’m currently testing the new snell 4.0 

I’ve also heard good things about Vice Pro Plus. But never tried. 

one man’s opinion. With a swing speed of a smooth 107 with driver. 

Hoard’em while you can. Another ball worthy of collecting is the 2019 TP5x, though they are getting difficult to find.

In current models, the Vice Pro X is similar. Another ball that’s often overlooked is the Wilson Staff X. It’s currently available for buy2 get 1, or $33 per dozen.

Driver - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 5S

FW - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid - SIM2 MAX / Ventus Blue 7S

Irons - ZX5 / C-Taper Lite S

Wedges - SM9 50/08 56/10 60/04

Putter - Odyssey Ai-One Milled #7 T

I agree with GDB67 generally on the Chrome Tour performance vs ChromeSoft X LS. Feels a bit softer, but performs very similar at the top of the bag. Spins a bit more with the wedges and greenside (which is a positive for me).

DriverCobra Radspeed XB | Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S
3 WoodCobra Radspeed |Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

5 WoodCobra Radspeed | Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

UtilityMizuno MP225 3i | Mitsubishi MMT 105S

4-5 IronMizuno MP225 | KBS $-Taper 120

6-PMizuno MP223 | KBS $-Taper 120

52° & 58°Cobra Snakebite |KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter - 2022 Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten

2 hours ago, st1800e said:

Just wondering, when a person runs out of “hoarded” balls , do they stop playing golf because all the balls available then will be inferior? 

IMO they’re kind of like coins in a piggy bank. There are always more coins.

This “flavor” of ball is a bit more interesting than most. It’s relatively easy for one of the big 3 to optimize a high compression ball for distance, and that ball should appeal greatly to a significant portion of the player population.

Unfortunately, their tour-level pro’s, who they rely on for creating buzz, tell them it doesn’t spin enough, and it gets killed off. And so the cycle repeats.

Loved the 1st gen CSX LS.  Hated the 2nd gen as it spun more.  Currently play the CTX which is low spin with driver, fairways and hybrid.  Spin is moderate with long and mid irons then really spins with short irons and wedges.  CT was nice but didn't spin enough with irons in general which I found surprising as the 1st gen CSX LS spun enough.  Another good option is the new TP5x which launches higher than CTX but spins less.   

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

14 hours ago, onafriday said:

Seems like I need a new ball.  I really liked the Chrome Soft X LS as a slightly spinner and slightly softer comp to Left Dash.

i like a harder / higher compression ball, but I need a little more spin than Left Dash provides.   Thought the Chrome Soft X LS was pretty great.  

thanks 

I have tried it all. Chrome Tour to soft to low flight inconsistent spin, Chrome Tour X too much spin ballooned on me in wind. Go get the new TP5X and call it a day. Everything pretty much the smae as LS but the feels a little lighter if there is such a thing.  Lets hope Titleist reverses the PROV balls back to how they used to be then we will be really solid.

• Like 3

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

1 hour ago, Wardonation said:

I have tried it all. Chrome Tour to soft to low flight inconsistent spin, Chrome Tour X too much spin ballooned on me in wind. Go get the new TP5X and call it a day. Everything pretty much the smae as LS but the feels a little lighter if there is such a thing.  Lets hope Titleist reverses the PROV balls back to how they used to be then we will be really solid.

Agree the TP5X is the ball right now for those wanting firm and lower spin. The CT is solid but too soft for me, honestly I'd probably play the ProV1 over the CT.

Also I actually played a round earlier in the week with the last gen CSXLS and that cover just cannot hold it together, I scuffed a bunch of them so easy it was annoying but they were helpful for the course I was on.  

• Like 2

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

13 hours ago, Jeff58 said:

2019 TP5x

This!  I second trying the Chrome Tour.  Very low spin off irons and driver but more feel around the greens and nice mid-high ball flight

• Like 1

🤖 A.I Smoke TD 10.5 w/ GD VF 5S

Sim 2 Ti 5W w/Diamana TB 70S

2024 Apex UW w/Tensei 1K Pro Blue 70S

Apex Pro 4-5 Nippon Modus 105S 

Apex CB 6-PW Nippon Modus 105S 

Jaws Raw 50S, 54W, 58Z

DF3

Chrome Tour X

So a Callaway rep is a good buddy of mine. I wass talking to him this week at a tournament about the new balls. He said that is you played the LS ball before you should play the new Tour X and NOT the CT ball. He said that marketing has kind of messed the "message" up a bit on the release. He said the CTX will feel and play much more like the old LS ball w/ a touch more iron spin. Take it for what it is worth but right now TP5X is my ball. This is the first TM ball I have ver played. It also does not hurt that my local shop sells them for $5 less than MSRP.

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

4 hours ago, Wardonation said:

So a Callaway rep is a good buddy of mine. I wass talking to him this week at a tournament about the new balls. He said that is you played the LS ball before you should play the new Tour X and NOT the CT ball. He said that marketing has kind of messed the "message" up a bit on the release. He said the CTX will feel and play much more like the old LS ball w/ a touch more iron spin. Take it for what it is worth but right now TP5X is my ball. This is the first TM ball I have ver played. It also does not hurt that my local shop sells them for $5 less than MSRP.

Welp off to buy a dozen. 

• Like 1

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Wardonation said:

Makes sense now.  CT didn't spin enough for me and CTX plays right in my wheelhouse coming from 1st gen CSX LS.  Only knock with CTX is that it can spin a touch too much with shorter irons.  Otherwise it checks all the other boxes for me. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

On 5/10/2024 at 10:47 AM, st1800e said:

Just wondering, when a person runs out of “hoarded” balls , do they stop playing golf because all the balls available then will be inferior? 

That won't happen to me. I have about 50 dozen of all my favorite balls combined. Considering I may lose one ball a round I am good. 

I hate it when I find a ball I really like and then you can't find it anymore because a new model has replaced it. Maybe the new model is better or maybe not? I don't have a problem with old reliable. Plus I grabbed them at discount prices and the new model will most likely cost more.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Wardonation said:

@wardonation, thank you.  This is very helpful!

I grabbed three sleeves this afternoon - tp5x, tour bx, and srixon xv.  Consider me one of the marketing misses.  I’ll snag a Tour X sleeve as well and get on with it. 

Across the interwebs, that new TP5X gets a lot of love.  More than a little curious about it.  The CSLS was such a great ball.  The only knock I ever had was it wasn’t particularly durable.  But it did all the things I wanted it to….

thanks again!

Edited by onafriday
  • Like 1

MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Monoblok 6.5

Out of the previous CS line I was a bigger fan of the X than the other models, slightly softer than other OEM's X balls, but I found the covers would carve up a bit too easily/quickly.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago when I grabbed a couple of sleeves of the new Chrome Tour, played two rounds with them.  Really enjoyed the feel, softer than the previous CSX but definitely firmer than the Soft, but the covers again.  Barely nursed each ball through 7-8 holes.  A well struck green-side bunker shot will shave them up good and proper, almost as badly as the new Snell black.

To OP's question, to stay in Callaway then the TourX will likely be the choice, hopefully the X covers hold up better.

Wilson Staff Dynapower Carbon, 9', Ventus Red 6X
Wilson Staff Dynapower 3W, 15', Ventus Black 7X

Wilson Staff Utility Iron, 18', KBS Hybrid 80X

Wilson Staff Model CB, 4-PW, Nippon Modus Tour 105X

Wilson Staff Model Wedge, 50/54/58, Nippon Modus Tour 120X

Wilson Staff Infinite Grant Park, 34"

OnCore Elixr

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 10:47 AM, st1800e said:

Makes me wonder about people that have hoarded a certain NLE ball but won't dare use them for any reason because they are afraid they might lose them. Really? What's the point then? It's golf balls. It's not like they are losing part of their retirement fund LOL!

Edited by grm24
  • Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 11:15 AM, Jeff58 said:

IMO they’re kind of like coins in a piggy bank. There are always more coins.

This “flavor” of ball is a bit more interesting than most. It’s relatively easy for one of the big 3 to optimize a high compression ball for distance, and that ball should appeal greatly to a significant portion of the player population.

Unfortunately, their tour-level pro’s, who they rely on for creating buzz, tell them it doesn’t spin enough, and it gets killed off. And so the cycle repeats.

Didn’t answer my question.   There’s not an infinite supply of old balls.  If there was they’d be “old”.  

Posted (edited)

@st1800e In my experience there are two answers.

If you were fully committed to the advantages of a single model, when that model was gone, you would stop playing and live the rest of your life sad and lonely.

The other side of the coin is that there is always another model available if we care to look for it. While the idea of total commitment is considered a positive attribute in golf as in life, hanging on to it in the face of reality is not.

Edited by Jeff58
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeff58 said:

@st1800e In my experience there are two answers.

If you were fully committed to the advantages of a single model, when that model was gone, you would stop playing and live the rest of your life sad and lonely.

The other side of the coin is that there is always another model available if we care to look for it. While the idea of total commitment is considered a positive attribute in golf as in life, hanging on to it in the face of reality is not.

Exactly.   

18 hours ago, phizzy30 said:

Makes sense now.  CT didn't spin enough for me and CTX plays right in my wheelhouse coming from 1st gen CSX LS.  Only knock with CTX is that it can spin a touch too much with shorter irons.  Otherwise it checks all the other boxes for me. 

I totally agree with you that for me it does spin too much with the shorter irons. I am really pleased with the new TP5x. Played it in a tournament this week, 1 round was in 20 mph wind. It performed well for me no balloon balls into wind. My pro was playing the new TP5 ball and he was complaining and I could see it a couple of balloon balls for him into the wind. The one adjust ment with all these balls since about 2017 and on is the wedge shots down wind. To me they seem to nose dive all the time and come up short. I am thinking it is lack of spin but not sure. 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

14 hours ago, onafriday said:

@wardonation, thank you.  This is very helpful!

I grabbed three sleeves this afternoon - tp5x, tour bx, and srixon xv.  Consider me one of the marketing misses.  I’ll snag a Tour X sleeve as well and get on with it. 

Across the interwebs, that new TP5X gets a lot of love.  More than a little curious about it.  The CSLS was such a great ball.  The only knock I ever had was it wasn’t particularly durable.  But it did all the things I wanted it to….

thanks again!

For sure let me know how the testing goes for you. I have not tried the new BX but the previous one I could not spin long irons enough with it.

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

On 5/10/2024 at 12:18 AM, onafriday said:

thanks 

Maybe the AVX?

8 hours ago, RIPIT18 said:

I'm in the same boat! Love the LS. Gonna buy up all the remainders I can get my hands on till I find a replacement. 

Vice Pro Plus, CT or CTX depending on how much iron spin you need.  New TP5x is good too but launches higher across the board with low spin until you get to short irons and wedges where it does spin a bit. 

OP here.  

I played yesterday with the TP5X on the front and the XV on the back.  

For me, the TP5X was pretty good.  Like it don’t love it.  Like it.  It felt a little softer than that CSLS, and didn’t spin quite as much around the greens.   

The XV felt a little too hard and didn’t spin quite enough either, compared to CSLS.  It was sort of like a left dash lite.

I think I’ll stock up on CSLS for now while they can be had, and had for cheap.  I wouldn’t have any issue playing the TP5X when I eventually run out, but I’d want to do a little more testing against XV.  Haven’t given the BX a run yet.  

MG4 50,54,58 Modus3 125S

Monoblok 6.5