"JMcDonald" WITB**UPDATED** 12/20/15 Srixon/Miura/Fourteen/Titleist

Comments

• rgk5rgk5 rgk5(OLB) Members Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jmcdonald wrote:

rgk5 wrote:
    jmcdonald wrote:

jmcdonald wrote:

Nice Setup.

Your yard looks nice....looks like good chipping and pitching grass.

Funny you say that...lol cause I'm actually in the process of making a green, bunker, and tee box in my back yard as we speak . Should be done within the next few weeks.

Bermuda is a very demanding grass but it's def nice for golf..about 95% of courses where I'm at use bermuda so big advantage for me for practice area at home.

Well....good luck with that. Maintaining a green in your yard is not easy.

I gotta say this - and I don't mean to offend - but lead taping the Miura Wedges is pretty suspect. If you'll jump to the JDM forum you'll see that Miura wedges are perfection and shouldn't need any modification.

But, Nice grass in your yard.

Oh trust me I know....it was hard to do to those beauties but for some reason they came in at D3 and not D5....it hurts me everyday looking at them....truth be told...I'll prob end up taking them apart again after the qualifier and adding some weight so I can take off the ugly tape.

Not offended here..I agree 100% but I need it on there right now. Miuras are the most balanced club I've ever played but I like my wedges at D5 and they didn't come in at D5 so had to add a little extra weight...I messed up with the tip weights. Should have added more.

JMc:

I was just pullin' your chain with the thumb nail comment. My son is hot for the MP-H4 irons and your set looks terrific.

Thumb nail comment....?

Post #18.

A great looking and spec'd set but for God's sake, clean your fingernails. Sorry to say that but the first thumb nail just leaped off the page. image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />

I see now that it looks like you were working on your mower or car, hence the black grime on your hands and under your finger nails. My apologies.
    Cobra F8+, 10*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F2
    Cobra F8 3-4 wood 15.5*, VA Composites Raijin 44 F3

Cobra F8 5-6 wood 17.5, Tensei Blue R
    Taylor Made Super Launch 22*, stock "R"
    Ping Eye 2 BeCu 4-9, Microlite S
    Vokey 200 Series 52 degree(bent to 50*), DG S-200
    Ping Glide 1.0 55*, CFS Wedge flex

Cleveland CBX 58/10, DG 105
    Evnroll ER6

• MoaningMMoaningM Members Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Rgk5 - man up! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thats is a good looking bag and gear there, very nice indeed, you have your specs down to a tee, pun intended!
  • JkellenderJkellender Members Posts: 398 ✭✭
    cool set up, good luck at the open qualifier, I love watching all the stories on golf channel about the amateurs who qualify for the open. Let's see some pics of your practice area when you finish it
    Titleist 913 D2 Fuji F3 Motore
    Titleist 913f Aldila Phenom
    Titleist 913h Diamana
    714 AP2 4-W PX 5.5
    Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
    Vokey SM4 56, 60
    WITB Link
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald Members Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MoaningM wrote:
    Rgk5 - man up! image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

Thats is a good looking bag and gear there, very nice indeed, you have your specs down to a tee, pun intended!

Lol...yea I work on aircraft so my hands are always dirty.

Thanks for the kind words, took some time to get my specs just right but it's worth it and everything feels "right".

Jkellender wrote:
    cool set up, good luck at the open qualifier, I love watching all the stories on golf channel about the amateurs who qualify for the open. Let's see some pics of your practice area when you finish it

Thanks, I appreciate it! If I make to sectionals I'll be happy. I feel pretty confident so I just have to keep the positive momentum going.

I will most def post pics of the practice area once done.
  • ArchitectArchitect Members Posts: 899
    Great bag and best of luck with qualifying. Let us know how it goes!
    Ping G30 10.5 Driver Tour 80 75g S
    Ping G30 5-wood TFC 419F 57g S
    Ping i25 3-UW irons KBS Tour S
    Ping Gorge 54SS, 58SS KBS Tour S
    Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, ProV1X
    WITB Link
    Architect wrote:
    Great bag and best of luck with qualifying. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I will most def keep everyone posted.
  • BenzoBenzo Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jmcdonald wrote:

Nice Setup.

Funny you say that...lol cause I'm actually in the process of making a green, bunker, and tee box in my back yard as we speak . Should be done within the next few weeks.

Bermuda is a very demanding grass but it's def nice for golf..about 95% of courses where I'm at use bermuda so big advantage for me for practice area at home.
    please post pics during and after
    Titleist Ts2 10.5* GD DI 6x
    Titliest 915 5w 18* GD DI 7x
    Callaway Apex 23*h Oban Devotion 
    Callaway Apex 26*h GD DI 85x
    Srixon 785 6-PW Nippon 105 Modus
    Titleist SM7 50*, 54*, 58* Nippon 115 Modus 
    Odyssey #7 Plumber Neck 
    2018 Taylormade tp5

https://www.instagram.com/benzoducky/ 

• miboymiboy Members Posts: 670
    That's a sweet set-up.
    Appreciate it guys. Just went and played a practice round on the course for the qualifier and shot 2 under..left a lot of shots on the table. Hopefully better for qualifying day!
  • coreylcoreyl Hacker Members Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    solid setup!

noticed you are from navarre...i just moved from there...i miss it.

you play out at hidden creek (my low round is out there, holds a special place in my heart)? your avatar pic looks like it could be tiger point with portafino in the background...kinda small and hard to tell tho.

good luck with qualifying!
    coreyl wrote:
    solid setup!

noticed you are from navarre...i just moved from there...i miss it.

you play out at hidden creek (my low round is out there, holds a special place in my heart)? your avatar pic looks like it could be tiger point with portafino in the background...kinda small and hard to tell tho.

good luck with qualifying!

I play almost every weekend at hidden creek. That pic was taken in SanDestin at Seascape. My swing coach teaches out of emerald bay so I play out there quite a bit as well as the Sandestin resort. I hold my low round out there of 64 on the Raven.

Thanks for the kind words! Navarre is def a great place. Can't beat the scenery!
  • Steff_PSteff_P Steff_P Members Posts: 499
    In what way did the TD3 feel better than the TD2? I play a TD2 and what is the difference between the two? I thought it was only a difference in loft.
    SLDR 10,5 ALDILA RIP Phenom Nasty Long
    Taylormade R11 Tour Issue 3-wood project X 7a3
    Bridgestone J15 MB 4-PW X100
    Bridgestone J15 52, 56, 60 wedges X100
    Ping Pick em up L
    WITB Link
    Steff_P wrote:
    In what way did the TD3 feel better than the TD2? I play a TD2 and what is the difference between the two? I thought it was only a difference in loft.

It was the loft difference and for some odd reason I was getting better spin numbers with the TD3 as well. Just fit my swing I guess. It also felt smoother...don't know what it was but numbers don't lie and feels great.
  • staysober for golfstaysober for golf Low carb guy Members Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    super bag!!! :-)
    7.5* M3 440,  CK PR S. (44.75")
    14.2 * 915 FD, 70+ S. (42.5")
    18* Epic Stock S. (40.5")
    4 Epic & 5i  Epic Pro, Stock S. 
    X2H Pro 6-PW, Stock S. 
    56* X forged, Stock S.
    Odys wide b/w 
    super bag!!! :-)

Thanks man!
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Updates
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
  • BIG STUBIG STU Members Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

jmcdonald wrote:

Nice Setup.

Well....good luck with that. Maintaining a green in your yard is not easy.

I gotta say this - and I don't mean to offend - but lead taping the Miura Wedges is pretty suspect. If you'll jump to the JDM forum you'll see that Miura wedges are perfection and shouldn't need any modification.

But, Nice grass in your yard.
    I personally thought adding lead tape to the Miura wedges was a good thing. A friend of mine who is a Miura dealer/fitter hates lead tape with a passion he would have a cow if he saw that but you gotta adjust for you

Driver--- Honma G1-X Stock R shaft
    FW Adams Tight Lies 16* Mitsu Diamana R
    Irons 3 thru PW KZG Teardrop ( 2009) Forged CB 5.5 Rifle Flighted
    SW Mizuno T-10 forged S-400
    LW Ping Zing 60* Stock
    Putter (for now) TM Rosa Daytona AGSI insert

edited Jan 8, 2015 #49
    UPDATED TODAY! PAGE 1
  • DJR10DJR10 Weekend Hack! Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    Sweet set up!!!

I did see the Moorpark CC chip. What on earth brought you there?
    I have family in Los Angeles, my in-laws. So we go out there every year, and it only cost me about 50$ to play there. Super nice course, lots of crazy elevation changes!
  • DJR10DJR10 Weekend Hack! Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    I was born and raised there. You really have to be hitting it clean there. Tierra Rajada plays like that as well. The best place is Rustic canyon. Funny 13 long par 5 driver,driver,driver,driver 2 putt. Santa Ana's were howling!

Funny used to hunt in the areas of Mcc and RC. And at TR it was once a dirt bike race track.

If u ever get then chance look at Los Posas CC, or Spanish hills if u want a uneven lie. Then there is Saticoy CC they have buried elephants where they have the greens.
    Wow...yea I'm in FL so I don't get to see a lot of elevation changes, moor park def did it for me. One hole was a par 4 315 TD's, off a cliff! Drove it with 3 hybrid. Crazy
  • JakereppJakerepp Members Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    Love the "Remove before flight" tag. Great touch!
    Callaway BB Epic 9* X
    Diablo Octane Tour 15* X
    Titleist 816H1 19* and 21* X
    W/S C300 Forged S300 5-PW
    W/S FG Tour TC 52, 56, 60
    Bettinardi BB1 2014
  • sbjinxsbjinx Orange CountyMembers Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    DJR10 wrote:

I was born and raised there. You really have to be hitting it clean there. Tierra Rajada plays like that as well. The best place is Rustic canyon. Funny 13 long par 5 driver,driver,driver,driver 2 putt. Santa Ana's were howling!

Funny used to hunt in the areas of Mcc and RC. And at TR it was once a dirt bike race track.

If u ever get then chance look at Los Posas CC, or Spanish hills if u want a uneven lie. Then there is Saticoy CC they have buried elephants where they have the greens.

Love rustic. Moved down to Orange County but still make it up there a few times a year to there.

Callaway Epic TD - Project X Smoke
    TM M2 - 15*
    Callaway Apex - 19*
    Bridgestone J15 - 4-PW
    Titleist SM7 - 52* & 58*
    Spider X

I played rustic as well, great track for sure. Played Black Gold in OC and that was super nice as well.

I build the AC-130J so I snagged one and made it a bad zipper thing.
    Update WITB as of 5/15/15
  • MJisGOATMJisGOAT Members Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Diversity
    Cali
    TailorMaid
    t****
    "inefficient and dead rear cavity design"
    @thereal#7
    edited May 15, 2015 #59
    Yea I went into the fitting in-biased and just wanted the best thing for my game. Came out extremely happy. Only thing that has stayed in my bag has been the Miura wedges.
  • birdiebeggarbirdiebeggar Members Posts: 40
    Great looking bag JMcDonald. And thumbs up for using game golf!
  • Noahlevine2145Noahlevine2145 UCLA bound Members Posts: 255
    jmcdonald wrote:

Thanks for all the kind words. Very much appreciated!

As far as the lawn goes...it is tough work lol...Bermuda grass is very demanding. I worked hard to get it to look like that but it payed off.
    hey how do you like that us head cover? do you reccomend it? I know Apollo Creed would like it.... nice bag and look forward to hearing from you soon
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Noah Levine[/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]IJGA student [/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]UCLA bound [/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Noahlevine2145 on twitter and Instagram [/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive] [email protected][/font]

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Thanks for all of the support in my golf journey!!!!![/font]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file