Does anyone know the 716 Pre-Order Ship Date?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They build and stage orders as they come in and begin shipping based on distance from their DC compared to the launch date, standard stuff.

Yes launch is 10/23, if all you want to do is demo them Titleist has already sent out new fitting irons to accounts with their fitting system, and they were due in stores yesterday so you can try them now.

[quote name='2012BFT' timestamp='1443899458' post='12405874']
Correct, I preordered a set and was told I would have them in hand on the 23rd.
[/quote]

There ya go. Just standard fayre. So not sure if they'll start shipping out a few days before or not, because the Couriers for Titleist are sure going to be very busy on the 22nd, if they're aiming to get them all in hand for the 23rd. Actually I was told that my set would be start to be built on Monday 19th, if that means anything.

So just some dates I've seen so far. If it's Custom AP1, AP2 or MB then they look to be shipping October 22nd. CB currently look to be back ordered until 2nd or 3rd week of November and TMB First week of December for custom. But I'm told it's likely to change before the actual release date and be earlier.

Hybrids looks to be on time for stock. Custom look to be a week or 2 after.

All stock stuff should ship the October 22nd date.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

[quote name='ForTourUseOnly' timestamp='1443977378' post='12408810']
So just some dates I've seen so far. If it's Custom AP1, AP2 or MB then they look to be shipping October 22nd. CB currently look to be back ordered until 2nd or 3rd week of November and TMB First week of December for custom. But I'm told it's likely to change before the actual release date and be earlier.

[/quote]

Now, that's pretty interesting stuff. Specifically as I have a CB/MB combo set ordered. I think I'll just hold on to my old set for my trip up to Scotland on the 24th Oct. Probably safest bet. Good info though.

[quote name='neilcsd' timestamp='1443991981' post='12409452']
Anyone know if I can order the T-MB in custom lofts? For example, could I order a 3i at 18* and everything else the same (thinking about bounce)?
[/quote]Should be able to, the U was +- 2*. Personally I would go the other way and bump the 2i back one and then just skip the 3 iron. Assuming you only want the 3i bumped strong.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

They should be able to be bent 2* but since they are not forged they may only be allowed to order 1*.

The 3i is 20* with 0* bounce so if you bent it to 18 you would have -2* bounce and increase offset. Think you would be better getting the 2 bent 1* weak so there is 1* bounce and less offset. You can order it 1/2" short if you want it to play like a 3 iron length.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1444030095' post='12411394']
[quote name='neilcsd' timestamp='1443991981' post='12409452']
Anyone know if I can order the T-MB in custom lofts? For example, could I order a 3i at 18* and everything else the same (thinking about bounce)?
[/quote]Should be able to, the U was +- 2*. Personally I would go the other way and bump the 2i back one and then just skip the 3 iron. Assuming you only want the 3i bumped strong.
[/quote]

Yeah, but then I'd go from a 4 to a 2. That would totally mess with my head.

That's what I play. Hybrid or driving iron. Then 4-PW.

Lots of guys on tour play this conbo too

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

[/quote]

I've heard December for custom CBs too, that is even for a top club pro who usually gets them early.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

[quote name='PinonMagnolia' timestamp='1444066423' post='12413160']

[/quote]

I've heard December for custom CBs too, that is even for a top club pro who usually gets them early.
[/quote]

Oh well, that's not good news for me then. It's funny, because I asked my Pro to ask Titleist if they can follow this up and try to clarify things and answer if they could clear this issue up and let the customer know. Since then, I've heard nothing back. Lol. However, on the plus side, Titleist do have a policy of informing the stockist if there is any known delays to components, and my Pro certainly did not get any kind of information with my order of the CB's relating to any kind of backorder issue. In fact, he was told that my set would be built on the 19th Oct, so no delays reported.

Of course being in the UK and part of the Acushnet Europe network, that could mean that this side of the pond there is absolutely no issues with the CB's, and that backordered issue could of course, only relate to North America. But if there is a delay anywhere, I'm surprised that no-one on here that has ordered the CB's has come forward and been told that this backorder exists for their custom order. Strange. Maybe more will be revealed over the next few days, and perhaps Titleist can come forward and clarify things either way.

I hit them today they feel amazing, perfect to me, the AMT shafts was so nice and smooth, gonna order a set tomorrow, I knew the second I hit the 7 iron they were getting purchased.
At first I was confused I couldn't tell if I was just used to the ap2's being that I've played them for the last 5 years but I just liked the way they felt better than the MP-25's or the 850 forged.
I was told they will ship on the 23rd, but I couldn't get a straight answer

Taylormade Sim 2 Graphite design AD GP 6
Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7
Titleist 716 CB 3-9 Dynamic gold Tour issue S400
Titleist SM7 Vokey 46.50.54.60 DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron T22 fastback Murdered out

IG _Flagrant

Sorry to get off track some but what is the uncharge for steelfiber i95 shafts per heard if anyone know? Titleist alsYs lists the septeel $___ and the $_____ but I'm guessing that not all the graphite shaft options! or is it?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444096160' post='12415650']
I hit them today they feel amazing, perfect to me, the AMT shafts was so nice and smooth, gonna order a set tomorrow, I knew the second I hit the 7 iron they were getting purchased.
At first I was confused I couldn't tell if I was just used to the ap2's being that I've played them for the last 5 years but I just liked the way they felt better than the MP-25's or the 850 forged.
[/quote]

So you were told that they would ship on the 23rd? Would you not consider that as a 'straight answer'?

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1444116553' post='12416574'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444096160' post='12415650']
[/quote]

So you were told that they would ship on the 23rd? Would you not consider that as a 'straight answer'?[/quote]
To be honest I work there and couldn't get a straight answer, they didn't seem a 100% on it. I should find out today I sent an email to the rep yesterday waiting on a response.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444135303' post='12417038']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1444116553' post='12416574'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444096160' post='12415650']
[/quote]

So you were told that they would ship on the 23rd? Would you not consider that as a 'straight answer'?[/quote]
To be honest I work there and couldn't get a straight answer, they didn't seem a 100% on it. I should find out today I sent an email to the rep yesterday waiting on a response.
[/quote]

I don't take too much notice of these 'Official release dates' because I find it impossible to believe that any company can guarantee any product being in anyones' hands when they have thousands to send out. The simple logistics of that are hard to believe.

I can give you another example, and that is that my local Titleist Advanced Fitter was told by Titleist that all the Demo Kits for their fitters would be available for Custom fittings from Oct 5th. Here we are now on the 6th Oct, and has been has informed me that he still doesn't have his Demo kit, and that he was told today that they wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. Which kind of makes this Advanced fitter look a little silly if he has gone by this information, and pre booked in any fittings, as many do, for yesterday or today.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1444137674' post='12417184'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444135303' post='12417038']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't take too much notice of these 'Official release dates' because I find it impossible to believe that any company can guarantee any product being in anyones' hands when they have thousands to send out. The simple logistics of that are hard to believe.

I can give you another example, and that is that my local Titleist Advanced Fitter was told by Titleist that all the Demo Kits for their fitters would be available for Custom fittings from Oct 5th. Here we are now on the 6th Oct, and has been has informed me that he still doesn't have his Demo kit, and that he was told today that they wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. Which kind of makes this Advanced fitter look a little silly if he has gone by this information, and pre booked in any fittings, as many do, for yesterday or today.[/quote]
My titleist rep came in today, clubs will SHIP the 23rd.
We got our fitting equipment late also, and as per the rep he's still waiting on the CB/MB heads for the cart. We did schedule are titleist training for Friday though.

Titleist TSI3 GD AD DI 7

IG _Flagrant

[quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444181429' post='12420532']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1444137674' post='12417184'][quote name='Flagrant' timestamp='1444135303' post='12417038']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I can give you another example, and that is that my local Titleist Advanced Fitter was told by Titleist that all the Demo Kits for their fitters would be available for Custom fittings from Oct 5th. Here we are now on the 6th Oct, and has been has informed me that he still doesn't have his Demo kit, and that he was told today that they wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. Which kind of makes this Advanced fitter look a little silly if he has gone by this information, and pre booked in any fittings, as many do, for yesterday or today.[/quote]
My titleist rep came in today, clubs will SHIP the 23rd.
We got our fitting equipment late also, and as per the rep he's still waiting on the CB/MB heads for the cart. We did schedule are titleist training for Friday though.
[/quote]

I'm surprised that it all sounds somewhat amateurish and inefficient on Titleists' part. Mind you, this is nothing new for most OEM's though, All the flash Marketing and $$$$ spent on these launches and they still seem to find it difficult to organize a pi** up in a brewery whenever there's a new release. Not easy to make a silk purse out of a sows ear though! Lol.

[quote name='AP2 712' timestamp='1444656650' post='12444892']
Has anyone heard anything new regarding ship dates?

Next Friday is the big day!
[/quote]

Ok, I'm always happy to hold my hands up in these circumstances. Today, I got to speak to the chap in charge of Custom Clubs in the UK, you know....a real human being, not somebody from Marketing or customer services, who just gives us the 'party line', just a down to earth worker, and he was excellent. He explained the situation that Demo heads of CB's/MB's and T-MB's were in very short supply, but any Fitter that they couldn't send out these Demo heads to, would receive theirs this week. So that's good news. As for shipping of pre-orders, he said that there was no shortage of 'normal' heads (only the Demo heads) for the CB/MB's and T-MB's and that indeed, they are starting to make up sets today and all this week, so some customers would almost certainly get their Clubs earlier than the 23rd Oct release date, so as to relieve their custom order pressure.

That's good news, and if that comes to fruition, well done Titleist. Of course that's just for the UK, but I can't think why North America would be any different.