Grafalloy Comp NT

145A71D8-A771-47B3-801A-9EAC1976CCA9.jpeg.4cf39a98ff72dcdfbf0c297e0104e740.jpeg

Prototype Comp NT shafts use an advanced new nanotube technology, which is exponentially stronger than the conventional materials used in most current shafts. The result is vastly improved uniformity of the carbon fiber throughout the shaft.

For the player, this means a lighter weight shaft and a stronger shaft - a great combination for use in large metal wood heads.

The .350" tip diameter makes it easy to reshaft most OEM clubs.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great Shaft!!

I use it in my Driver in an X-Flex 65 Gram which gives me a lite shaft with a stiff feel and consistancy. Gives a good Mid and boring ball launch for good distance and even some roll at the end.

I am pulling the shaft in my FT3 as we speak and putting this shaft in will let you know how it works out when I get the chance to hit it.

• 2 weeks later...

I am really keen on this shaft for my driver. I am trying to compare whether this or the Accuflex evolution would be a better option.

Watched Retief Goosen and Ernie Els battle it out this last weekend for the South African Open at the Links golf course where they played the President's Cup in 2003. From what I could see, it certainly looked like Retief was using this shaft in his new TM R7 425. He was launching the thing a country mile. Granted the course was playing fast and hard but some of the tee shots he hit were prodigous, well over 320yds.

Anybody with info on this shaft????

I really really want to try this shaft out for the new Titleist 905r, so I emailed Titleist and they wrote back that it isn't offered and is unproven technololgy???? hmmm. Does anyone know of any OEM that offers this as an option. Maybe I could test it out that way. I'm not really into buying extra shafts, pulling, and replacing.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

I really really want to try this shaft out for the new Titleist 905r, so I emailed Titleist and they wrote back that it isn't offered and is unproven technololgy???? hmmm. Does anyone know of any OEM that offers this as an option. Maybe I could test it out that way. I'm not really into buying extra shafts, pulling, and replacing.

yes, ping offers this, so do adams, and maybe callaway. i got this shaft in my ping g5. i had been hitting a callaway 454 9* "firm" flex. way too whippy. so when i got this ping, i was rushed to go straight onto the course. i said "guys i've got to hit this ONE range ball". by the way i got it 1/2" extended so the club was 46.25". the ball went about 320 yards right down the pipe, and never looked back. all in all i love the shaft, and the 85 gram version in my fairway. looking at getting the fairway/hybrid version into my g5 hybrid, not sure though.

highly recomended!!!! favorite shaft over all the fuji's i've owned, the prolaunch, the nv, the nvs, the proforce. comp OWNs.

• 4 weeks later...

I put the stiff 85 gram into my Nike T60 13* 3 wood and love it!!! It's my first graphite shaft in a fairway wood and I am not complaining. I am very long with this 3 wood and it stays very accurate. I have the Accuflex Evolution in my driver and enjoy it but they only have one weight for the shaft so I decided to stick with the nanotechnology and tried this shaft.

Great Shaft!!

I use it in my Driver in an X-Flex 65 Gram which gives me a lite shaft with a stiff feel and consistancy. Gives a good Mid and boring ball launch for good distance and even some roll at the end.

I am pulling the shaft in my FT3 as we speak and putting this shaft in will let you know how it works out when I get the chance to hit it.

And, how did it work out?

I am really keen on this shaft for my driver. I am trying to compare whether this or the Accuflex evolution would be a better option.

Watched Retief Goosen and Ernie Els battle it out this last weekend for the South African Open at the Links golf course where they played the President's Cup in 2003. From what I could see, it certainly looked like Retief was using this shaft in his new TM R7 425. He was launching the thing a country mile. Granted the course was playing fast and hard but some of the tee shots he hit were prodigous, well over 320yds.

Anybody with info on this shaft????

The Comp NT is quite a good shaft, doesn't fit my needs really but high quality anyway...

What Retief is playing is a Grafalloy Prototype that has virtually nothing to do with the Comp NT.

The shaft he is playing is a little closer to the Blue, but much heavier, very low torque and is said to have such a high Kickpoint, that it can hardly be played by terrestrials.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Shaft!!

And, how did it work out?

Sorry forgot to give a report...........

I am glad I changed it, have always loved the shaft and had 3 different drivers with Alpha heads on them and all with the NT shaft.

This thing really matches up well with the mid ball flight that the FT-3 promotes anyway. With this shaft I feel I can really go after it and the dispersion is minimal. It is still workable though and hit an amazing high cut with it that goes for ever. Spin rates are idea match with the NT shaft and the FT-3 head.

i have drivers with both the nt shaft and accuflex evolution so will try to give clear review .

1/ 510 tp 10.5 fitted with reg graffalloy nt = tipped 1" = good high boring trajectory / feels much softer than original graffalloy blue /tip feels soft but not so you cant turn ball over when required . good distance.

have also tried this shaft in a titliest 983 k and kzg gemini felt it worked well in both =the 983k certainly was much longer with the nt than with the y6 originally fitted. at least for me!

2/accuflex evo =reg fitted into nakishima 420 np 10d = feels far stiffer than nt= boardy -very similar to 757

good flat boring trajectory /ball on landing runs well = certainly not has easy to hit as nt but very playable shaft // feels far heavier than nt= believe 7 grams heavier at 45" club overhaul length.

have tried this shaft in r7 tp as well but the

club didnt feel right although it could be to do with the butt section being much thicker than nt. thinner grip required.

both good shafts but certainly would recommend proper fitting before spending your hard earned

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally after waiting almost 6 months to get hold of one of these shafts, I managed to get one. Please understand that living in South Africa, these are a little more difficult to get hold of because the Grafalloy agent does not have any intention of bringing them here.

I have fitted a 65X into my Ping G2. Needed to shorten it by 0.5 of inch in order to get it to 283cpm.

The feel of this shaft is so remarkably different to the Penley ETA. All the boardiness is gone. The shaft feels alive and is easy to load. I definitely hit the ball higher with my launch angle increasing from 12.5 degrees to 14.5 degrees. However spin has decreased from 2700rpm to 2400rpm and I have managed a 3 - 4 mph ncrease in clubhead speed.

The nett result is an increase of 10 - 15m in carry distance. In fact last week managed 2 drives with +300m (330 yards) carries (I do live at 6000ft above sea level so the ball flies about 10% further than at sea level). The second hole was a 520m/570yd par 5 where I easily hit my second on to the green with a 4 iron from 205m/225yds after removing my ball from its own pitchmark on the fairway.

Shape is also slightly more consistent. Although the weight of the shaft is marginally lighter than the Penley (67 vs 73 grams), the club feels much lighter and I am still getting used to that sensation.

Overall I can highly recommend this shaft. Worth the wait and the money that I spent.

• 2 months later...

Just got my Nike SQ 9.5 max reshafted with the 64 gram stiff flex.

the shaft itself is very attractive. The blue is nice and so are the graphics. The combo with the blue snakeeyes compund grip is awesome. The shaft is very light, and does not feel whippy. My ball flight is mid-high with no ballooning. Off center hits arent harsh, and distance is ok. I would say the feel is similar to the prolaunch blue with lowered trajectory. my only thoughts is I wish there was a 75 gram version.I think i couls have gotten away with an X flex (my SS is 112) but I was scared Id lose some feel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

@ finalist:

I had the Comp NT custom installed into my 905T and now also 905R drivers. I was coming from a Speeder 757 (Tour Spec!) in the 905T and a Speeder 757 (Titleist OEM, crap! - not at all comparable to a REAL Tour Spec Speeders!!!) in the 905R. I love the Speeder, I just needed/wanted something with less weight but still low torque for my drivers. The Comp NT did exactly that for me, it's about 10g lighter than the Speeder (all stiff shafts), it performs almost the same, the trajectory is just a little higher but still very boring - which was exactly the progress that I needed! I added about 10m carry to my drives and gained a lot of confidence!!! When you really GO at the ball, there is a slight loss of feedback when compared to the Speeder, but the result is almost identical. And the feedback is still a lot better than the Titleist OEM "Speeder", which has almost none. Technically, there is a 0.5° difference in torque between 757 and NT, which I was first concerned about because of accuracy - but that's negligible as I can assure you now. My swing speed is around 110mph.

I bought the Comp NT raw and uncut, had the speeders pulled and the NT custom installed - no problems. Just remember to buy 0.355" tip shafts, and uncut for the bore-through - no pullouts! I only regret not to have them SST PUREd, those $5 wouldn't have made much of a difference. Not that the Comp NT really needs it, I just would like to have made sure...

By the way, I still play the Speeder 757 Tour Specs in my 904F fairways 15°/17° and will leave them like that. Great feedback!!! Before the Speeders, I played Grafalloy blue in my Ping drivers, which is a lot more floppy at tip to mid than the Comp NT, and although on paper it has a lower torque, it's not as accurate.

Good luck to you,

OnkelBenz

• 1 month later...

Like the looks of this shaft as well as the way it plays

I installed the 85 g x flex into my ping g2 driver a year ago...

Like the feel and extra weight of the shaft...

Very stable, very accurate

Gives me a mid, high trajectory, but has reduced my spin rates...

Can shape the ball either way with this shaft, and do not feel that I have lost distance from playing an X flex with this shaft even though it is stiffer than the S flex YS-7 I had in my club before

5 stars here... Love it

THey need to make this is 98-105 gram range for those of us who like heavy 3 wood shafts!

• 4 months later...

Recently installed a 65s tipped 1" into a Hi-Bore 15* playing at 43". I asked my clubmaker to give my 3 wood the same stable feel that my driver has (HBXL Tour, Blue S). It is a wonderful combination that has a rapid ascent, flat flight, and soft landing. I always thought of this as a driver shaft, so i was pleasantly surprised! The shaft performs well, the club is much longer, and the graphics are great! Try one if you can find one!

I installed this 85g S to my Titleist 905S 8.5 degree. All i can say is wow!!! What an awesome shaft. Feels so smooth, nice trajectory, and long. Most of the time my drive goes left/slice a bit. When i took it out for a couple rounds, i have not seen my ball in the left side, more in the middle or right of it a little. My clubmaker suggested that it should not be inserted all the way thru since it will play an X-stiff, so he inserted it about 2inches deep and the rest was filled with glue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It surprizes me that the V2 and NV get so much talk and this hardly gets a mention. I was golfing with a buddy that had made up a Snake Eyes driver with this shaft and I was telling him I thought the shaft in my Ping G5 (a factory stiff) was a little soft for me and he agreed. He is a bit of a shaft junkie and had me try his driver, a regular flex and assured me it was stiffer than my stiff.

I love my Ping but had admittedly been spraying it a bit. I hit his from the second tee on and EVERY drive had the "exact" same trajectory and flight. I could not believe how consistant and sweet it felt. I was leaving town for a week shortly after that and decided to send my Ping to Golfsmith to replace my stock shaft with this in a stiff flex and have it pured.

Man, what a difference and what a great shaft!! I highly recommend the Ping G5 as well, but if you have a head that you are happy with and just thinking of reshafting - this is a terrific, consistant, sweet feeling shaft!

I thought the Aldila VS Proto in my FW was the only one for me. But I didn't have an X-Stiff shaft in my 5W and had the chance to buy one with the CompNT shaft: Wow!!! Honestly, I can't say which one I prefer, but the CompNT is more than expected. And I did like a lot the ProLaunch Blue in the G5 driver & FW, so that's why I wasn't afraid to buy the Rapture FW with this Grafalloy shaft. And bought from a GOLFWRX member, so it was 100% proof for me :) :D :D :D

Club Ho :D :cheesy: Club Ho :haha: Club Ho :( Club Ho ;)

:crazy:

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Played a 65x in a tour R7 quad. My SS is around 110-115. Launch was mid, spin was mid-low. I loved this shaft. It produced a great mid trajectory boring flight that had plenty of roll. Unfortunately, just as I got in the zone with this combo, the shaft snapped in half.

Overall, very tight dispersion, mid launch, mid-low spin. DEFINITELY better than the NV or V2, to which it is often compared. Shame it never got more press.

This is one shaft that has interested me for quite some time, but have never been able to try.
I hit a PF V2 65g X and like it quite a bit. As far as the Grafalloy Blue goes a S fits me well. I never liked the Evolution shaft. Very inconsistant and the S flex I had felt soft. Who can tell me more about this shaft? I'm thinking an X flex 65g in a driver.....??

• 1 month later...

Anyone tried the 65g stiff in a TM Burner TP driver? I currently have the stock 65g stiff Graphite Design shaft in there now. I have a new shaft waiting to go in "a" club. Just trying to decide if it's gonna be the Burner or one of my TEE fairway woods.

Thanks.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

• 1 month later...

I have the 85g in all of my fairways woods, its just one of those shafts that performs really well for me. The 65g I am still testing. It has a very consistent launch angle, which is a very nice mid boring ball flight, with a slight fade from me. I swing with a fairly smooth tempo, ss right around 108-110, but it performs very well. Its a softer shaft, but you would have to have very sensitive hands to tell the difference. I would compare it very closely to the prolaunch red in launch angle and feel, now I guess the only problem is finding a head that i like to switch with the one thats on it.

I play X flex in both 65 and 85g shafts. Its too bad that this shaft didn't get much publicity its a good one. And now Grafalloy is discontinuing both shafts, bummer.

I installed a 65 X in a Cobra Speed Pro S. Tipped the shaft 2" (1-1/4" for std bore then 3/4" because of the 2-3/8 BBGM) and have left in full length which is about 46-1/2". The thing is a cannon. I'm so tempted to leave it there and use it as a long drive club. Really a nice surprise. I like it was better than the Accuflex Evo which felt horrible to me.

• 4 months later...