Aldila NV

F950C135-4ABA-418F-8E10-1E931973F771.jpeg.c3829aa13605714d3554ef45e24b4bff.jpeg

Aldila's latest introduction for the tour player and better amateur. The NV has become the fastest growing shaft used on the PGA and Nationwide Tours. The Aldila NV features Aldila's exclusive Micro Laminate Technology. This new technology offers the player enhanced performance and feel. The consistent taper and slim profile produces a shaft with consistent performance, flex and feel from the butt-end to the tip. Available in many different weight categories (55 g, 65g, 75g, and 85/100 g Hybrid) to fit a wide range of players.

NV55 A

NV55 R

NV55 S

NV65 R Flex

NV65 S Flex

NV65 S Flex .350 Tip

NV75 S Flex

NV75 X Flex

New! NV Hybrid. When PGA Tour professionals look to maximize the performance of their hybrid clubs, they turn to the new NV Hybrid. Available in 85 and 100 gram designs. R, S or X flex, taper or parallel tip. The winner of the 2004 Mercedes Championship used the NV Hybrid 100 X flex in his TaylorMade Rescue Mid.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the NV 75 stiff I put in my driver this year. Helped me eliminate those high balloning drives, and hit those low, boring shots that are straight up the middle, and long. It helps me feel the clubhead during the swing, and it flexes at the same point, every time. Took sme getting use to the weight, but now i would never go for a lighter shaft, everything else, feels too whipy for me. Plus, the green is downright sick! Great shaft.

i've got a nv-75 stiff in my nike ignite 410 9.5*. absolutely awesome combination. originally had a ignite 410 with a graphite design ys-6 and the ball was all over the place, left, right, high low never where i wanted it. with the aldila nv-75 it is down the middle or a little draw or fade if i want. if its a bad shot, its all me and i know it before i even see the ball. love this shaft.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Played this shaft in a Taylormade R7.......It didn't last too long. I played the NV65 in a stiff flex. My shots were all over the place, missing left and right, high and low. It just didn't do anything for me, I have since changed to a Fujikura and I'm very pleased with the change. I would be very wary of using an aldila NV again.

Great feel, great trajectory, great distance. You just have to find the right combo. The shaft is great in a Callaway driver, but horrible in Titleist drivers. In the 904F it is great again.

Correction, this shaft is not great in every Callaway driver. I tried it in a FT-3 Tour and it was s***! It was a stiff shaft but felt soft. I tried it in a Titleist driver after this and I liked it very much, I probably had a regular shaft the last time I tried it in a Titleist driver... The graffaloy Blue shaft is great as well in a Titleist driver.

Wat did I learn from this: This shaft is great in a few drivers, it all depends on the head! So try it first in the head you like before you buy it!

Have the 65 in my Ping G5 and I love it. The demo I hit had the stiff and I hit that okay but bought the Xstiff in my driver. The xstiff really helped bring down those way high air sucking cuts and lets me do what I like with the ball. I especially like the way this shaft lets me turn the ball over (my natural shot shape) but has greatly reduced the occasional duck and the high over cooked hook. I am also really impressed so far with the trajectory, when I put this club on the launch monitor I got about 3000 rpm which is pretty darn good.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutley adore this shaft. It gives a low ball flight but I never feel like it's overly stiff which is great. I really can't see the point in shafts costing hundreds of pounds when something as good as this is available for £80. The best shaft I have ever tested, maybe ever will. 5 stars.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

You guys that seem to hate this shaft have got me spooked. Here I sit surrounded by snow and just bought a new exotics driver w/ the NV shaft in it. I got it off of ebay and had little choice as to the shaft. In any event I had a NV stiff in a previous Cleveland comp and did not like it at all. I went from there to mizuno w/ exar reg and liked it better. Now I have the exotics w/ NV regular and am keeping my fingers crossed that the difference between the stiff and reg will make a big difference, but w/ all the snow I cannot try it , so here I sweat!! I am dying to try a 757 (?) speeder or a matrix but I am like a blind squirrel looking for an acorn. I just want a shaft that is smooth( not harsh) yet delicately firm, w/ med trag and ball go far!! My driver speed is about 95+ med smooth tempo, any suggestions? :) :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have the NV65 Stiff in my Launcher 400 Ti and it works well for me.

Of course a guy at the range tried it and could only manage low duck hooks, so you never know til you try it.

Cleveland Classic 290 9*Miyazaki C.Kua S
Callaway S2H2 BBWB Deuce & X 4W
Adams Idea A7 PNT 19* 3H & 22* 4H
Adams A4 Forged 5-PW
Adams A4 Forged GW,SW,LW
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 34"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just thought it was way too flimsy. I put a 75S in my Ping G5 and absolutely hated how flimsy it was. Flet like I had no control over my swing. Put a 75X in there and Still felt too flimsy and my trajectory was 6 inches off the ground. I'd only carry 200 and roll another 80 yards. Now I have the ProLaunch and couldn't be happier!

kinG

• 2 months later...

I have been playing the NV85x in my 905T for a while now. I must say I am really pleased with the results of this shaft. The entire club has been a big change for me so I am not sure how much I can attribute to the shaft. The club is shorter in length overall than my previous drivers and my accuracy has improved significantly. My distance is not far off from where it was with my other drivers but something can definitely be said about suddenly being able to find your ball. I have found the NV to have a pretty nice feel and I will say that the feel of this shaft has been very consistent for me. It feels the same when I smooth it or when I rip on it. This shaft has never jumped out at me and said "hey! I am an awesome shaft" like many others I have tried for example the AccuFlex's and MCC's. It is a steady performer though and I must say I am pleased. It will likely stay in this club for the remainder of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing the NV85x in my 905T for a while now. I must say I am really pleased with the results of this shaft. The entire club has been a big change for me so I am not sure how much I can attribute to the shaft. The club is shorter in length overall than my previous drivers and my accuracy has improved significantly. My distance is not far off from where it was with my other drivers but something can definitely be said about suddenly being able to find your ball. I have found the NV to have a pretty nice feel and I will say that the feel of this shaft has been very consistent for me. It feels the same when I smooth it or when I rip on it. This shaft has never jumped out at me and said "hey! I am an awesome shaft" like many others I have tried for example the AccuFlex's and MCC's. It is a steady performer though and I must say I am pleased. It will likely stay in this club for the remainder of the year.

I take this back! I have my Alpha with the Evolution Lite back in the bag and comparing the two side by side has made me realize that the overall ball flight with the NV is inconsistent, in terms of height. I am hitting the ball very straight but sometimes it balloons and sometimes it's low and boring. I find with the Evolution that no matter what I do I get the same trajectory, it is just a matter of going straight, left, or right. I am going to replace the NV with the original Evolution as soon as I can.

• 3 weeks later...

If you find the NV65 too whippy then the answer is the NV85 - I now have it in my 3 wood and driver in S flex and absolutely love the power, trajectory and control...although the Bridgestone head at the end of them sure helps !!

Ping G425 LST 10.5* Tour 65 S
Ping G425 Max 14.5* Tour 75 S
Ping G425 Hybrids 19*/22* Tour 85 S
Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW DG 120 S400
Mizuno T20 Raw 50,54,58 DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron Phantom x 5 34"

Had it in my 983K until I cracked the face on it. Went a good 15 yards further than my old speeder, once I got used to the weight. Anyways gonna get a G5 with it, hopefully Ill have the same luck with it.

My SS is 107 but I dont flex the shaft too much, I like to feel the clubhead when I swing.

I concur 100% with u 'caligolfer'. I too have a 100-105 swing speed (driver) and replaced the speeder stock stiff shaft in my 983K with the Aldila nv65s after some great advise from my local clubmaker. The change was positively incredible. Gained at least 20-25 yards, dispersion improved significantly and had no problems with the change over in terms of weight or feel. It was like taking a breath of fresh air. I'd like to experiment with nv65 xstiff for comparison.

• 2 weeks later...