Nike Method Origin Putters: The Official Discussion Thread

Comments

• willy18willy18 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭
    Nice. Where did you order from?
  • DirtyBirdie2DirtyBirdie2 Of All The Hazards, Fear Is The Worst YEGMembers Posts: 803 ✭✭
    willy18 wrote:

Nice. Where did you order from?

Directly from Nike. Currently a staff player. Put the order in March 1.

2019 WITB

Driver: M5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Fairway Woods: M4 3 & 5 w/ Graphite Design AD-IZ
    Irons: 4-PW Tour Issue Callaway Raw MB's (Wide Grooves) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
    Wedges: 52,56,60 Hi Toe w/ KBS HiRev
    Putter: Bettinardi BB0 Poison Kool-Aid

• GolfGrouchGolfGrouch Members Posts: 460 ✭✭

GolfGrouch wrote:

stuway wrote:

stuway wrote:

Very surprised this has 4* of loft. The methods are 2.5* I believe. Wonder if the retail Origins are lower and the 4* is just mimicking RoRs specs??

Just answered my own question, retail is 70*lie and 2.75*loft. I'm working on getting a RoRs, but I will have to tweak it to 70* and 3* gulp. Hate to have it bent, but gotta be done

I had that confirmed by Nike directly as well.

Mine looks incredibly upright and after playing a 70* lie angle and 3* of loft putter for the last 4-5 years, it will need to be bent if I end up keeping it.

- Josh

I'm with you man. I can't play it that upright either. Good fitter should be able to do it no problem. I just hate to spend the money a LE and have it nicked changing the set up.

If you ever plan on reselling it, I would reconsider bending the putter. Part of the value of the Rory edition is that it is made exactly to his specifications. If you modify it, it eliminates some of this value. I think you're better served by buying the retail version with your specs and either 1) selling or returning the Rory edition or 2) keeping it unmodified as a collector's item.

Nah just game it. Rory will switch to another putter within three years and Nike will do another special limited Rory model. The Origin and 006 will fall in price since they are not the latest and greatest. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

You're actually correct. The Rory edition is already falling in value. Someone bought one on the bay earlier today for $465 shipped! image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    Your "GolfWRX Likes" are greatly appreciated!
    • Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
    • Nike Vapor Fly Pro Driver with MRC Diamana S+ Blue Board Stiff Shaft
    • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
    • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
    • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,575 ✭✭
    I'd just return mine to NIKE before I sold it for a loss. Got 90 days to see if RORS can win a major with it.
  • quikblitzquikblitz Members Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited Apr 28, 2016 #66
    Golf Galaxy now has it on their website for 299. Golfsmith increased their price to 349 to match everyone else. There is a coupon for Golf Galaxy that works for the origin. GG5OFF will give 5% off. Down to 284.99.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GMILLSGMILLS Members Posts: 172
    quikblitz wrote:

Golf Galaxy now has it on their website for 299. Golfsmith increased their price to 349 to match everyone else.
    I noticed the same thing. Before the putter was released golfsmith was 299 and now it's 349
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro Diamana Whiteboard
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro Black
    Nike Vapor Fly 3 Wood
    Vapor Pro Combo DG X100
    Nike Engage 52 & 56
    Nike Origin B2-01
  • pelotonjonpelotonjon Members Posts: 110 ✭✭
    The Rory 006 seems to be holding its value much better.
  • MulaMula ClubWRX Posts: 3,007 ClubWRX
    pelotonjon wrote:

The Rory 006 seems to be holding its value much better.

because less were made and the oven was lasered on the sole
    Tour Issue M3 8.5, UST Mamiya V2 US Open Edition 7F5
    Nike VR Pro LTD 15* UST Mamiya THE ATTAS 7x
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Prototype
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Custom Series
    Nike MM Proto 5-9i UST Mamiya Recoil F5 125 Custom Series
    Artisan Wedges 46 50 54 59 Dynamic Gold Onyx S400
    Lambcrafted Moo Moo Special

IG: jamula
    WITB Link
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,575 ✭✭
    quikblitz wrote:

Golf Galaxy now has it on their website for 299. Golfsmith increased their price to 349 to match everyone else.

The Golfsmith by my house didn't even know it was released. They never get equipment on day of release. Sucks for people who like to try it before they buy it.
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    Are these putters in any shops in Ohio? I am in Northeast Ohio and neither Golfsmith, nor Golf Galaxy has them yet. Employees at both stores looked at me like I was from another planet.

- Josh
  • boseveltbosevelt Members Posts: 88 ✭✭
    There aren't in the shops around Seattle. Seems like a trend, folks aren't bringing them in. Probably availability?
    Boom! Roasted.
  • cmltccmltc Members Posts: 71 ✭✭
    They're not in Louisville, guess the question is where are they actually in stores?
  • stuwaystuway Stuart Members Posts: 995 ClubWRX
    cmltc wrote:

They're not in Louisville, guess the question is where are they actually in stores?

I live in Lexington. They have them here at Edwin Watt. Surprised there are none in da Ville.
    Nike
    Nike
    &
    More Nike
  • MNoonanMNoonan Members Posts: 752 ✭✭
    Haven't been able to find one in my part of SW Florida.
    Ping G400 MAX
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 16
    Callaway XR 16 Pro 18
    Titleist 716 AP2
    Titleist Vokey 52 F
    Titleist Vokey 58 M
    Evnroll ER5
    Titleist ProV1
  • BYKBYK Members Posts: 1,650 ✭✭
    MNoonan wrote:

Haven't been able to find one in my part of SW Florida.

PGA SS in Naples had both models in 34 and 35
    Yadi for President
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    edited Apr 29, 2016 #77
    I have decided to game the RORS b2-01 so my one week old B1-01 is for sale if anyone is interested. 35" 345 gram head.

2964a5dbf4b100d19b84939cb39ba76c.jpg
  • IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,786 ✭✭
    I know the local shop where I live isn't going to carry them. It seems like no one is convinced that people will pay 300+ for a putter unless it's a Cameron. I already ordered from somewhere else because of it.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    Exotics EX10 Beta 16.5 Rogue Max 75 x-stiff
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85

TM P760 4-PW Recoil 780 ES SMACWRAP stiff hard stepped once.

TM High Toe 52 Steelfiber 95 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 Steelfiber 110 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff

Odyssey EXO Indy S
  • sharks25sharks25 Members Posts: 370
    Are the bumpers on the Rors softened more than on the retail? It's hard to tell in pics without a side by side
    Dubv23 wrote:

I have decided to game the RORS b2-01 so my one week old B1-01 is for sale if anyone is interested. 35" 345 gram head.

Before you sell the B1-01, can you post comparison pics side-by-side with the Rory edition? Your fellow members would greatly appreciate it and reward you with many likes if you do!
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    I have two on my phone at the moment. Don't mind the Instagram filters.

I can take more after work.

d655e8cb8d801da54b8496ae237f3f2f.jpg

6b86eeb691ccaa00e896894f89c8d8b3.jpg
    Dubv23 wrote:

I have two on my phone at the moment. Don't mind the Instagram filters.

I can take more after work.

Thanks for the photos. I think I like the B1-01 better. Does anyone have any photos of the B1-01 looking down at the top, i.e. a putting POV?
  • scottb15scottb15 Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Got my Rors last week. When the putter first surfaced several months back I thought it looked ridiculous and I told myself I won't even consider it. Well the limited release Nike did got me because I'm a sucker, but I'm glad I did. This putter feels amazing with my ball (NXT Tour S). It's taking a little getting used to, I've been rolling it about 18" or so passed but I'm adjusting to it. Overall I think this is my gamer for the foreseeable future.
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 913 FD 15
    Titleist 913 H 21
    Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
    Vokey SM5 48-2/50
    Vokey SM4 54/60
    Nike Method Proto 006
    Titleist NXT Tour S[/font]
    thekid21 wrote:

GolfGrouch wrote:

Rolled one in the store today(right handed). Felt good and looks really good as well. Had a really nice feel coming off the putter face. Wish they made these lefty but everything I've seen so far doesn't look like they did

The B2-01 retail version will be available in left handed.

One rep I talked to said the left handed version will be available May 23rd. Some kind of manufacturing issue.

FWIW, Nike tweeted this:
  • jtitleist12jtitleist12 Members Posts: 3,002 ✭✭
    There has to be a reason why no stores in the midwest have any of the retail models in stock yet.

Now I am hearing that Nike is delayed fulfilling custom orders. How is that possible? It's the same stock head and all that needs to be changed is the sole weights.

To have a release date of 4/22 and almost 3 weeks later none to be seen in the big box retailers is strange.
  • Joe_51Joe_51 Members Posts: 227
    Anyone wants to part ways with their Origin velcro cover please let me know Ill purchase it 😀
    WITB:
    Vapor Fly Driver
    VR Pro 3 Fairway
    VR Pro 5 Fairway
    Vapor Fly 7 Fairway
    Vapor Fly 4 Hybrid
    VRs 5-9 Irons
    Engage 54, 60 Square
    Method Origin RORS B2-01
    RZN White
  • WiegsWiegs Members Posts: 3

There has to be a reason why no stores in the midwest have any of the retail models in stock yet.

Now I am hearing that Nike is delayed fulfilling custom orders. How is that possible? It's the same stock head and all that needs to be changed is the sole weights.

To have a release date of 4/22 and almost 3 weeks later none to be seen in the big box retailers is strange.

I got mine release day at PGA Tour Superstore in Schaumburg, IL. They had b2|01 b1|01 in 34" and 35" and b2|01 counterflex in 35" and 38"....

They're at least one 34" b2|01 shorter now
  • Scotty1140Scotty1140 Members Posts: 4,445 ✭✭

I'll be checking out the Golfsmith in Novi, MI this weekend hopefully.
  • quikblitzquikblitz Members Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Got my Origin B2-01 on the course for the first time yesterday. Just switched from Method Matter B2-01 which I have loved. It was very wet so hard to judge any distance changes. Can confirm that off center hits did not lead to significant drop in distance. Feel is similar to the Matter, would say that Origin slightly less soft. Origin is very well built. I do prefer the grip on the Matter. May have to try and find one for the Origin for a reasonable price.

Head cover is okay. Would love magnetic but I just modified the head cover to make it magnetic. Overall very happy with the putter. Most of the positives from the Matter with some added tech to improve it.
  • PaulCar65PaulCar65 Members Posts: 292 ✭✭
    I'm starting to like the Origin grip but I still prefer my Metod Matter grip. Who has swapped out the grip?
  • stuwaystuway Stuart Members Posts: 995 ClubWRX
    I swapped mine for a pure mid size and love it so far.
    Nike
    Nike
    &
    More Nike