Nike Method Origin Putters: The Official Discussion Thread

GolfGrouch

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a b2-01. So far, liking the looks and feel of this thing. Does anybody know if there is a tool available to remove the weights? I was hoping to do some custom work this winter and change all blue paint to black. Was thinking I would take it apart and see if the resin piece would come off so I could paint that black as well, at least in the visual areas. From what I am seeing it doesn't look like Nike intended those weights to be removable but thought I would check on here to see if anybody knows of anything available? Thanks!

I just purchased a b2-01. So far, liking the looks and feel of this thing. Does anybody know if there is a tool available to remove the weights? I was hoping to do some custom work this winter and change all blue paint to black. Was thinking I would take it apart and see if the resin piece would come off so I could paint that black as well, at least in the visual areas. From what I am seeing it doesn't look like Nike intended those weights to be removable but thought I would check on here to see if anybody knows of anything available? Thanks!

My understanding is that the weights are glued in and can't be removed without damage.

In the Bag:

• Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
  • TaylorMade M3 Driver with TENSEI Blue Stiff Shaft
  • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
  • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter

My understanding is that the weights are glued in and can't be removed without damage.

I don't know why they have weights that can be changed, but then glue them in so they can't be removed

Too bad

Yadi for President

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Seems to defeat the purpose. I guess that part of the price I pay for buying something from a company that is getting out of the club business ?. Being that the price was half of original retail I figured I would pull the trigger and live with it if I have to. Still thinking about changing the paint fill to black but think it may look odd with the blue resin unchanged...guess I will have to think about it some more ?.

Wrenches were available and made at The Oven. You could obtain a wrench and some weights if you had an inside track to The Oven. If the weights are glued, probably nothing that a small amount of direct heat to the screw wouldn't take care of.

If there was sufficient demand I'd think a vendor like Billy Bob's could produce a tool and weight kit for the Origin putters.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Yeah, I had read that the oven has the tools to take these out. Unfortunately, no inside track to the oven for me. Is it still running? I have some connections in the toolmaking industry and have thought about seeing if someone could make up a little tool to match the pattern on the weights. You're right, a little heat to loosen the glue and I could probably get these out. Just have to be careful the heat doesn't get too hot that it melts whatever the rzn material is. Could turn out to be a fun winter project....

Probably a pretty easy piece to run for a machinist. Looks like a couple of pieces of bar stock and a cap screw.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a B2-01 35" Counterflex for a pretty good price. Tried it out today and played with the counter weight a little bit, and I am very confused. I like the feel of impact but can't get any consistency.

Here is what I am confused about. The counter flex version has head weight of 368g, which is really not that much heavier than normal putter. Isn't the 75g counter weight plus 100g grip quite excessive for such small head weight increase? For comparison, I also have a Bettinardi BB55 with head weight of 395g and no weight plug in the grip.

Basically the putter feels very light and unstable. What am I missing?

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know the tip size on the Origin B1-01? I got a steal on the counterflex model but am not happy with the grip. I love the headweight but really need a 34 or 33 with a more traditional grip.

They are all .370" tip. I had to use a brass shim when I reshafted my B2-01 with a .355" shaft.

TaylorMade SIM Max - 6M3 X

Titleist 906F4 - Whiteboard 83 X

TaylorMade TP UDI 2 - Modus 120 X

Mizuno MP-37 3-9 - S300

TaylorMade MG raw 50-12, 58-08, 60-07 - S300 (50), X7 (58, 60)

Scotty Cameron Newport AoP PP

• 5 months later...

I got some PayPal cash laying around and I'm getting the itch. Anyone have or try the Origin B2-05? I remember when I had the RORS one I liked how it felt but I need a face balanced blade. I love my current putter but I need to buy something golf related soon

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

I saw the Origin today for the first time in a long time on the PGA Tour in the hands of some kid name Ryan Ruffels. He must be the last PGA Tour player to game one, correct?

In the Bag:

• Titleist 690MB Forged Irons 3-PW
  • TaylorMade M3 Driver with TENSEI Blue Stiff Shaft
  • TaylorMade V-Steel 15° 3-Wood
  • Titleist Spin Milled 56° and 60° Wedges
  • Scotty Cameron Newport Mil-Spec Putter

Looks like an Origin B2-01. It doesn't have the model number on the sole?

hi guys! someone knows if the shaft of the Counterflex 35 is different from the normal 35? (because the heads weights are about 20g different and i prefer the heavier one of the CF) so i wanna know if i can just change the grip if i won't like the CF one. Thank you so much!!! :)))

The counterflex shaft is wider up near the grip to fit the counter-core weight in the shaft. A normal putter grip will likely not fit on the counterflex shaft.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

hi guys! someone knows if the shaft of the Counterflex 35 is different from the normal 35? (because the heads weights are about 20g different and i prefer the heavier one of the CF) so i wanna know if i can just change the grip if i won't like the CF one. Thank you so much!!! :)))

The counterflex shaft is wider up near the grip to fit the counter-core weight in the shaft. A normal putter grip will likely not fit on the counterflex shaft.

Thank you very much man! I think I'll go for the standard....also because I didn't found any CF 35 with b2 head. Any advise about the 4 versions and combinations?! I can't try them nowhere now....I'm using now a 330m Odyssey milled 34" (it's standard 3.0* lie 70 and head's weight sets with 2x15gr (350 total) with SS midslim counterbalanced (with 50gr inside)....so I think the b2 34 standard is ok....but if you have any feedback on the others I will happy to read about! :)

I'd also read about the "fifth" version LE RORs sold for 100$... Noone has any to sell?? :DDDDD

No one can help me? Any suggestion about your choise between B1 or B2? CF or standard? I know that is really personal,but I can't try them any more, and I would like to know your impressions. Thank you so much!!

There are a lot of threads with detailed info on the Origin putters. I don't believe anybody is going to be able to tell you which one you should get. It is all personal preference. You are asking about the appearance of the head and the feel of the weighting - nobody knows what you prefer but yourself.

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

No one can help me? Any suggestion about your choise between B1 or B2? CF or standard? I know that is really personal,but I can't try them any more, and I would like to know your impressions. Thank you so much!!

There are a lot of threads with detailed info on the Origin putters. I don't believe anybody is going to be able to tell you which one you should get. It is all personal preference. You are asking about the appearance of the head and the feel of the weighting - nobody knows what you prefer but yourself.

As I wrote i know that.....i just wanna hear something..... :) obviously the counterflex is adjustable, but when the grip will damaged, how can i replace it for example?

I've decided...I don't like that much the B1 square edges, so I just orderer both B2.01, standard 34" and counterflex 35" ..... ahaha i found two great offers so i will resell the one i like less! :D Thank you guys! I'll let you know my impressions! :D

• 4 weeks later...

i'm testing the b2-01 counterflex (35 inches) and i love how the ball rolls. I didn't found the right speed yet, so....I'm still playing with the CounterFlex system :to_become_senile: Anyway, I choose the counterflex 'cause the heavier head (i don't like putter heads under 350g) so in the worse case I'll just replace the grip (maybe the shaft too).

If someone has any advice that could help, just let me know! :) Thank you and have a good game!!!!! :golfer:

• 1 month later...