2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Diamana Blueboard vs Whiteboard

twgolf

Anyone made the switch to the Whiteboard?
I have been playing the blueboard series for almost two years and really love this shaft, however I am looking to reduce my spin rate. Has anyone played the blueboard and then moved to the whiteboard? If so what were your results with the whiteboard? Additionally what are your opinions or thoughts as a comparison between the two. I am currently gaming the blueboard 63s and I am thinking of moving to the whiteboard 63 or 73s. I love the feel of the blueboard and I am concerned that the whiteboard may feel to stiff or boardy in comparison. I have thought about the blueboard 73s, but I am afraid it will spin even more than my 63s. Need some help and feedback from those of you that have gamed both.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I only have experience with the blueboard in my 3 wood and I like it, but it seems to lauch it a little high for me. I would say if you are worried about the Whiteboard feeling boardy, don't because it feels extremely smooth but at the same time very stable. I use an 83-s and I can feel the shaft at all times during the swing. It's an awesome shaft and has been a very low spin alternative for me.

Titleist TSi3 10* TPO 1K 60-TX
Callaway Ai Smoke TD 15* Devotion HB 75-X
Titleist T200 3 UB Thump 90-X / TSr3 19* Ventus Black 10-TX
Mizuno MP-20 4-9 PX 6.5

Mizuno T20 47-07 PX 6.5

Mizuno T22 52-09 56-10 PX 6.5

Vokey SM9 60-04T PX Wedge 6.5
Special Select Squareback 2 w/ SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0

ProV1x

[quote name='ohcanada17' post='890357' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:03 PM']If you want to lower your spin play the heavy shaft, that will decrease spin.

I looked into the both and from what i found the white board was higher launch and lower spin.[/quote]
The Whiteboard is a lower spin AND lower launch shaft than the Blueboard.

Scott

I played the Blue in a J33R 460 for about 18 months, but the head wore out on me. I now have the same head with a White in it. I went from a 83X in the Blue, tipped 1/2", to a 73X in the White, tipped the same amount. I have found a slight reduction in my spin rate, by about 300 rpm's, and it launches about a degree lower for me. Overall, I would say that the distance is just a little better for me with the White. My control with the White is also better due to the reduction in spin, and the feel is very similar, with the Blue feeling a little more "active" than the White.

PING G430 LST 9*, Ventus Black TR 7X
PING G425 14.5*, Ventus Blue 8X
PING iCrossover 18*, Ping Tour 85X
PING i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X7
Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 60
Ping PLD

i went from a blueboard 83 (x5ct tip, ion plated) to a whiteboard 83 in my sq tour to reduce spin and couldn't be happier. my launch went down only .2*, but i droped 800 rpms. as for feel, i thought they both felt pretty much the same. for a high kickpoint shaft, the whiteboard still really kicks through the ball.

depending on how much you are looking to reduce spin, a heavier weight blueboard could do the trick.

[quote name='sidewinder' post='890362' date='Jan 30 2008, 01:09 AM'][quote name='ohcanada17' post='890357' date='Jan 29 2008, 11:03 PM']If you want to lower your spin play the heavy shaft, that will decrease spin.

I looked into the both and from what i found the white board was higher launch and lower spin.[/quote]
The Whiteboard is a lower spin AND lower launch shaft than the Blueboard.

Scott
[/quote]

a number of people have had different results with the whiteboard compared to the blueboard, some with the whiteboard lower launching, and some with it higher launching. for me,its pretty close.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Some say that the WB is a lower launch / lower spin shaft than the BB. It may be for some but for others, the WB actually launches slightly higher. Go figure......but it does. In every case, though, it will lower your spin. I've played both the 63X in both and prefer the WB.

Cardo

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Things I noticed between Blue Board 63-X and White Board 63-X.

White Board feels more stout, not as responsive, through the middle and tip sections of the shaft.......just like it was designed to.
White Board feels softer, more movement, in the hands (butt section)........just like it was designed to.
White Board launched noticeably lower.......spun a few hundred RPM less.
Biggest thing for me, the White Board feels like most of its weight / balance point is very low in the shaft when compared to Blue Board.

Blue Board feels stout in the hands / butt section, with any feeling of activity coming from the upper middle of the shaft.

All boils down to feel for me, I don't really care about knocking off / picking up a few hundred RPM's of spin to get optimal, optimal doesn't mean anything to me if I don't get along with how a shaft feels. Generally, you'll be more accurate with a little MORE spin, NOT a little less spin.

I am very in-tune with the Blue Board and how it acts, feels, and the balance point........that is the only thing that has really kept me from putting in more time with the White Board (gave the White Board 3 months last summer)

I have played both in 73 stiff.........Like you I have had the Blueboard as my main shaft. Always wanted to try the Whiteboard but it seem to be limited and very little talk about it when compared to the Blueboard. I had really good luck with the Blue in a R7 Tour, R5 Tour and then a 425 R7 Tour, with the 425 being my favorite. I did not like it much in a Burner Tour for some reason. I liked the Blue because of the control, launch, spin and feel, but mainly the control.

I did try a White in TP Burner when they first came out but it was 1 degree more loft then normal and this head launched higher then normal, thus I hit it super high but very straight.

I picked up a Tour SQ and right away the Blue went into it. I hit it OK, but it tend to go a little left on me, which is my problem but it always seemed the Blue would help me solve the left problems. I won a White and quickly put that into the SQ head which seemed to be a good set up for me based on the 425 has less spin then the SQ and the White has less spin then the Blue.

Right away there was difference between the two shot pattern wise. The White was a super control freak in this head. My misses were right if anything when compared to the Blues left. LA was very close to the same and I really could not tell much differnce on the spin, as both shaft produced a nice flat trajectory. (I never balloned the Blue in any head) Feel wise, I really could not tell much differnce, other then I felt the Blue might have loaded up a tad better for my swing.

I have been very happy with my White, and I still have my Blue also because I know it's a good fit in the right head for me. The White is slightly heavier in the same weight class then the Blue, with the White being about 70 grams trimmed, and the Blue about 67 grams trimmed.

I think you would like them both as I do, but which one would be better for you? I think it depends on the head you match it to and your swing. Dlefty did a great job of coving his thought.

BG

Okay, just got off the phone with the Titleist custom shop and they informed me that the Redboard and the Whiteboard are not currently offered as a custom shaft upgrade option, only the blueboard. They stated that there is talk of adding them to the ugraded options in April, but nothing is confirmed. I think I am going to stick with the blueboard series and have Titleist bring the swing weight up a litte so there is more weight in the head. Now the only question is do I go with the 63 x flex, 73 stiff flex, or 73 x flex? I have a SS of 102mph, LA of 14 degrees, and I take a fairly aggressive move through the ball. I am concerned after numerous posts I have read that the 73 gram version will spin even more than the 63. I have tried the 83 and I think I do not have a fast enough or hard enough swing for this shaft. So to change the subject a little, let's here from those of you that have played both the 63 and 73 and what your thoughts are between the two.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

Very minimal difference in feel for me from the 63 - 73. The heavier shaft should, in theory, spin less. From Mitsu...

Launch High to Low

Red Blue White

Spin High to Low

Red Blue White

Ping G400 - Accra 162i
Tour Edge Exotics xcg7 4 wood
Ping Crossover 3i
PXG 0211 - 5-PW
Titleist Vokey SM7 - 48,54,60
Toulon Garage - Austin

Okay, just got off the phone with the Titleist custom shop and they informed me that the Redboard and the Whiteboard are not currently offered as a custom shaft upgrade option, only the blueboard. They stated that there is talk of adding them to the ugraded options in April, but nothing is confirmed. I think I am going to stick with the blueboard series and have Titleist bring the swing weight up a litte so there is more weight in the head. Now the only question is do I go with the 63 x flex, 73 stiff flex, or 73 x flex? I have a SS of 102mph, LA of 14 degrees, and I take a fairly aggressive move through the ball. I am concerned after numerous posts I have read that the 73 gram version will spin even more than the 63. I have tried the 83 and I think I do not have a fast enough or hard enough swing for this shaft. So to change the subject a little, let's here from those of you that have played both the 63 and 73 and what your thoughts are between the two.

Diamana Blue Board 73 Stiff should be the ticket!

Mike

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

So i hate to bring up another topic but it is along the same line. I see that everyone here has some expirence with these shafts, my question is: how does the red board compare?

Red Board to me balance point wise w/ most of the weight feeling lower in the shaft, is very close to a White Board in feel to me, just feels A LOT more active in the tip section, and overall feels easier to load.

At 102mph it doesn't matter how hard you load the shaft, an X-flex is simply too much for 102mph. In a standard bore head, tipping an S-flex for a hard load seems ideal, as far as the Titleist head, all depends on how you are planning on installing it......bore-through, blind-bore it, etc.......