Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Srixon 765 - Perhaps the most underrated player's iron??

245
5

Comments

  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT  7195Members Posts: 7,195
    Joined:  #32
    Anyone have 765/PX LZ combo? Is flight high but non-ballooning?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MMB1500MMB1500  6402Members Posts: 6,402
    Joined:  #33
    Srixon offer some of the best irons on the market right now. The x45 and x65 series are outstanding. Looks, playability and forgiveness in an Endo forged head with great custom options. What's not to like? Personally I'm debating whether to upgrade from my 745's. Not sure it's worth it.
    Posted:
  • mrekalicmrekalic  771Members Posts: 771
    Joined:  #34
    I just pulled the trigger on a custom set of 765's with Modus 120's, looking forward to it!!
    Posted:
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #35
    KingKong wrote:

    any updates


    Just pull the trigger!! I have a hookup if you want to order a set for a good bit cheaper!!




    you got a good price?
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • BunkersarebigcupsBunkersarebigcups  555Members Posts: 555
    Joined:  #36
    Id love to try them as I really like the looks and dig the sole design (it works in the RTX 3s for sure!) but unfortunately, Srixon has less then no presence in Germany and most other parts of Europe =/
    Posted:
    910 D2 9.5     RIP Alpha 60 Stiff (Surefit @B3)
    '14 Big Bertha 18*     Fubuki Z65 Stiff (set at 17* neutral)
    Nike VR Hybrid 21* and 24*     Aldila Voodoo Regular
    MP 52 5-PW     PX 5.5
    MP T11 52/07, 56/13, 60/05     DG S200
    Mizuno/Bettinardi BC1
    Bridgestone B330 RX
  • EagleEagleEagleEagle  250Members Posts: 250
    Joined:  #37
    not much presence in Canada either.Its very hard to find when the sales rep is coming to the local golf store .They do not stock any irons in store.He doent show up very often.My friend that works there bought a set of the 765 and I was able to hit his.That was enough for me to order my own.Only good this is my irons are unique in that very few people have them and when golfers see my Srixon irons they are very curious.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • KingKongKingKong  2055Members Posts: 2,055
    Joined:  #38

    KingKong wrote:

    any updates


    Just pull the trigger!! I have a hookup if you want to order a set for a good bit cheaper!!




    you got a good price?




    $735 shipped for 4-PW
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ TD 9* w/ Diaman DF 70TX
    Epic Flash 15* w/ Rogue Black 80TX
    818H2 19* w/ Rogue Silver 85X
    Apex Pro '19 4-P w/ C Taper S+
    SM7 Raw 50/54/58 w/ TI S400

    ER5 Black


  • mrekalicmrekalic  771Members Posts: 771
    Joined:  #39
    EagleEagle wrote:


    not much presence in Canada either.Its very hard to find when the sales rep is coming to the local golf store .They do not stock any irons in store.He doent show up very often.My friend that works there bought a set of the 765 and I was able to hit his.That was enough for me to order my own.Only good this is my irons are unique in that very few people have them and when golfers see my Srixon irons they are very curious.




    100% agree. When I went in, they were in the system, but no one had actually seen them in person. One salesman said he hit a set while on vacation down south and thought they were phenomenal!
    Posted:
  • p_haunp_haun  492Members Posts: 492
    Joined:  #40
    Very much so looking forward to hitting these at my upcoming fitting...almost bit on the pxg 0311/0311xf combo at last session...still intrigued by those but the srixon appeared on the radar and seems like a nice combo option too (either 565/765 or even a 565/765/965 combo). The 900 forged and apex cf16 were ok, but didn't like them as much as I was expecting honestly. Anyone have a combo set and had issues with loft gaps? Or how are the long irons in the 765? Play the 825pro now without much of an issue with the 4i/5i
    Posted:
    Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
    Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
    PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
    Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
    Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
    SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
    Betti BB53C counterbalanced
  • p_haunp_haun  492Members Posts: 492
    Joined:  #41
    KingKong wrote:


    KingKong wrote:

    any updates


    Just pull the trigger!! I have a hookup if you want to order a set for a good bit cheaper!!




    you got a good price?




    $735 shipped for 4-PW




    Nice price indeed? What shaft?
    Posted:
    Srixon Z565 10* 1* open Fubuki J S
    Titleist 904F 13* Graffaloy Comp NT Blue Hybrid R tipped
    PXG 317X 19* Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S
    Srixon H45 Aldila NV 2KXV Blue S or 545 4i Steelfiber i95 S (depending on course)
    Srixon 745 5-PW Steelfiber i95 S
    SM6 Vokey 50* F grind, 56* S grind, 60* M grind--all with KBS 610's
    Betti BB53C counterbalanced
  • KingKongKingKong  2055Members Posts: 2,055
    Joined:  #42
    p_haun wrote:
    KingKong wrote:


    KingKong wrote:

    any updates


    Just pull the trigger!! I have a hookup if you want to order a set for a good bit cheaper!!




    you got a good price?




    $735 shipped for 4-PW




    Nice price indeed? What shaft?




    Best part. Any shaft and any grip.
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ TD 9* w/ Diaman DF 70TX
    Epic Flash 15* w/ Rogue Black 80TX
    818H2 19* w/ Rogue Silver 85X
    Apex Pro '19 4-P w/ C Taper S+
    SM7 Raw 50/54/58 w/ TI S400

    ER5 Black


  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • 4jag4jag  89Members Posts: 89
    Joined:  #43
    Beauty stix - got me thinking about these.
    Posted:
    Forever trapped between single digit and trunk slammer.
  • 4jag4jag  89Members Posts: 89
    Joined:  #44
    EagleEagle wrote:
    not much presence in Canada either.Its very hard to find when the sales rep is coming to the local golf store .They do not stock any irons in store.He doent show up very often.My friend that works there bought a set of the 765 and I was able to hit his.That was enough for me to order my own.Only good this is my irons are unique in that very few people have them and when golfers see my Srixon irons they are very curious.
    Agree - went to GT at lunch to check them out and none in stock. No Srixon clubs at all.
    Posted:
    Forever trapped between single digit and trunk slammer.
  • mrekalicmrekalic  771Members Posts: 771
    Joined:  #45




    Honestly that's the smartest thing Srixon could've done. The incremental cost in upgrading grips and shafts is immaterial to them given the the volumes OEM's go through.



    It's a great differentiator, and quite frankly the exact opposite of Ping that probably charges the most for shaft and grip upgrades.



    It's likely to give them a good deal of new customers that want premium equipment but aren't willing to pay and arm and a leg to upgrade.
    Posted:
  • pjcpjc In The Middle  608Members Posts: 608
    Joined:  #46
    mrekalic wrote:


    Honestly that's the smartest thing Srixon could've done. The incremental cost in upgrading grips and shafts is immaterial to them given the the volumes OEM's go through.



    It's a great differentiator, and quite frankly the exact opposite of Ping that probably charges the most for shaft and grip upgrades.



    It's likely to give them a good deal of new customers that want premium equipment but aren't willing to pay and arm and a leg to upgrade.




    +1! I gotta say that you summed it up very nicely, and gave a great comparative example to boot! Almost all of the OEM's make great stuff, but some are just too big and over exposed in my opinion. I hope Srixon continues to do what they are doing. I really think in a few years that their irons will be even more highly sought after.
    Posted:
    Srixon Z-TX 10.5* OG MRC Diamana BB 63 S
    Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5 wood 18* MPF Pro Series FWY S
    Srixon Z 565 4 iron Nippon NS Pro 980GH DST S
    Bridgestone J15 CB 5-PW Nippon NS Pro 1050GH S
    Bridgestone J15 forged 51* Nippon NS Pro 1050GH S
    Bridgestone J15 forged 56* True Temper DG Spinner
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 Rossie black/Lamkin deep etched
    Srixon Z-STAR
  • mrekalicmrekalic  771Members Posts: 771
    Joined:  #47
    pjc wrote:

    mrekalic wrote:


    Honestly that's the smartest thing Srixon could've done. The incremental cost in upgrading grips and shafts is immaterial to them given the the volumes OEM's go through.



    It's a great differentiator, and quite frankly the exact opposite of Ping that probably charges the most for shaft and grip upgrades.



    It's likely to give them a good deal of new customers that want premium equipment but aren't willing to pay and arm and a leg to upgrade.




    +1! I gotta say that you summed it up very nicely, and gave a great comparative example to boot! Almost all of the OEM's make great stuff, but some are just too big and over exposed in my opinion. I hope Srixon continues to do what they are doing. I really think in a few years that their irons will be even more highly sought after.




    I once asked a Ping rep how come they charge the full cost of shaft upgrades (instead of an incremental cost), and his reply was "I guess that's the way we do it here"...



    Not to pick on them, but that's a bogus attitude in an industry that's becoming more and more commoditized for components, especially shafts!



    And speaking of Srixon irons, not only are shaft and grip upgrades free, let's not forget their heads are forged by Endo and certainly cost more (and a higher grade product) that most OEM's cast clubs which use inferior metals and less stringent tolerances image/swoon.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':swoon:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack  2637Members Posts: 2,637
    Joined:  #48
    EagleEagle wrote:


    not much presence in Canada either.Its very hard to find when the sales rep is coming to the local golf store .They do not stock any irons in store.He doent show up very often.My friend that works there bought a set of the 765 and I was able to hit his.That was enough for me to order my own.Only good this is my irons are unique in that very few people have them and when golfers see my Srixon irons they are very curious.




    I heard that Golftown was going to start carrying some Srixon clubs
    Posted:
    Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
    4 Hybrid...
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
    Ping Ketsch Mid 
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #49
    why do they charge extra for grips and shafts, what a joke
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • mrekalicmrekalic  771Members Posts: 771
    Joined:  #50


    why do they charge extra for grips and shafts, what a joke




    Coz their bottom line is THE bottom line... image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />
    Posted:
  • specimaniaspecimania  609Members Posts: 609
    Joined:  #51
    GT does carry srixzon but the ones I go to do not have a cart. I ordered mine from GT. I got them in about 3 weeks and all spot on from what I looked at. I off'd 716 AP2 to get em and am not looking back. These are a very complete set of irons that have everything you could desire from top to bottom. There are few irons on sale that are better
    Posted:
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT  7195Members Posts: 7,195
    Joined:  #52
    specimania wrote:


    GT does carry srixzon but the ones I go to do not have a cart. I ordered mine from GT. I got them in about 3 weeks and all spot on from what I looked at. I off'd 716 AP2 to get em and am not looking back. These are a very complete set of irons that have everything you could desire from top to bottom. There are few irons on sale that are better




    This is GREAT to hear!
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • tigercolt77tigercolt77 Acworth, Georgia 975Members Posts: 975
    Joined:  #53
    SwooshLT wrote:


    Anyone have 765/PX LZ combo? Is flight high but non-ballooning?




    Yes, mid high ball flight no ballooning. Love the combination
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST Accra TZ6
    Callaway Rogue SZ 3W 
    Callaway Rogue Heavenwood  
    19 Taylormade p790 4-PW Projext X LZ
    Vokey SM7 Slate Blue 50f,54f,58m s400 onyx
    Lajosi DD201 flow neck
  •  SwooshLT SwooshLT  7195Members Posts: 7,195
    Joined:  #54

    SwooshLT wrote:


    Anyone have 765/PX LZ combo? Is flight high but non-ballooning?




    Yes, mid high ball flight no ballooning. Love the combination




    Loving this even more! Thanks fellas....
    Posted:
  • Patrick_OPatrick_O Virginia 653Members Posts: 653
    Joined:  #55
    KingKong wrote:
    b8e012556cd7ba015421407591984060.jpg

    Maybe this will help someone out with lofts. I ordered 4-5 in 565, and 6-p in 765. Only changed the loft on the 5 iron to match the 765 lofts of the whole set. These lofts were taken from the Srixon site.



    Ignore the bottom two columns. That was me messing with setup configurations.


    Glad to see I am not the only one who does this but you need to take advantage of Excel!

    Posted:
    Cleveland XL Classic Driver
    TaylorMade RBZ Stage2 Strong 3 Wood
    Ping G15 4 Wood
    Adams Super S 3H Hybrid
    Adams Idea Black CB3 Irons 4-PW
    Ping Tour S 52 and 58
    Yes Tracy Putter / McGregor Bobby Grace M1 Putter
  • eddie_strokeit_Vettereddie_strokeit_Vetter  7Members Posts: 7
    Joined:  #56
    mrekalic wrote:


    Hi guys,



    I've been doing a lot of reading and research on the 765's and it seems that those that have tried them generally rave about their feel and performance. I presume that their brand presence and overall awareness are the biggest reason more folks haven't even tried these, let alone bought a set.



    For those those that have tried these, or better yet own a set, please provide feedback on your experience these far, including your set makeup, shafts, etc.



    Cheers!!




    Ordered my set last week and waiting for them to arrive! Will be back with reviews once I have had a chance to use them. Hoping for a couple more warmer days to get out to the range.
    Posted:
  • Micrys2Micrys2  453Members Posts: 453
    Joined:  #57
    So Iam an 10-11 cap. Am I crazy to think I could play the 765's?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7  2846Members Posts: 2,846
    Joined:  #58
    i think u will be fine, they are very forgiving
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • KingKongKingKong  2055Members Posts: 2,055
    Joined:  #59
    Patrick_O wrote:

    KingKong wrote:
    b8e012556cd7ba015421407591984060.jpg

    Maybe this will help someone out with lofts. I ordered 4-5 in 565, and 6-p in 765. Only changed the loft on the 5 iron to match the 765 lofts of the whole set. These lofts were taken from the Srixon site.



    Ignore the bottom two columns. That was me messing with setup configurations.


    Glad to see I am not the only one who does this but you need to take advantage of Excel!




    I work in Excel all day every day...nice to use a pencil and paper every now and then.
    Posted:

    Epic Flash SZ TD 9* w/ Diaman DF 70TX
    Epic Flash 15* w/ Rogue Black 80TX
    818H2 19* w/ Rogue Silver 85X
    Apex Pro '19 4-P w/ C Taper S+
    SM7 Raw 50/54/58 w/ TI S400

    ER5 Black


  • Jordan SpeethJordan Speeth  1091ClubWRX Posts: 1,091
    Joined:  #60


    anyone compare these to apex pro and tmb




    I have both (ApexPro), play both, and like both equally. The Apex looks better at address to me (top line is thinner and clubhead is noticeably smaller) but the feel is better on the Srixons. The Srixons are my regulars and, in spite of how much I like the Apex MBs, they're staying there. That's saying something.
    Posted:
    Cobra F8+ Driver 9.5*- XCaliber Superlite 45 S
    Callaway XR Pro 16* FW- Handcrafted PX LZ 6.0
    Ping G400 17* 2-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Ping G 22* 4-Hybrid- Xcaliber Superlite Stiff
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-Gap- Steelfiber i95
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 52*/10, 56*/12- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Callaway MD-3 Black Milled 56- KBS Black Tour Custom-S
    Odyssey White Hot #7 38"- Superstroke Tank Slim 13"
    Golf Pride MCC Grips
    Wilson Duo Urethane (this week)
    MG Elite Glove
    2018 Ping Hoofer, Eliott Alistair Leather Bag
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • PeterSanto29PeterSanto29 Auburn Class of 2021  270Members Posts: 270
    Joined:  #61
    Just pulled the trigger on 765s with modus 120 stiff. Can't wait for warmer weather
    Posted:
    WAR EAGLE

    Callaway Rogue driver with Fujikura Pro 53 stiff
    Callaway XR 3 wood 15 degree with Oban ISAWA 03 flex 65g
    Ping G 3 Hybrid with stock Alta shaft
    Callaway Big Bertha OS 4H with Fujikura 73H stiff
    Srixon Z565 Irons with Modus 120 stiff 5-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50 degree F grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54 degree M grind
    Titleist Vokey SM5 58 degree M grind
    2014 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 with Jordan Spieth Masters Champion headcover
5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file