2017 Monday at the Masters *Pic Heavy*
I previously posted this on another forum last year, but with the 2018 Masters upon us, I figured it may be helpful to others attending this year it I post it here as well.
I attended my first ever Masters by making the draw for the Monday 2017 Masters Practice round. Although Monday may not have the excitement and complete field like the tournament days, one of the advantages is that you can bring your camera in, which I did and I took a number of pics while I was there.
What I want to do with this thread is share my trip, as well as the Masters experience by dumping a lot of photos here (along with some commentary/explanation) and give the perspective of a general attendee. Hopefully this will be of some value to those of you attending, or those of you needing a golf fix to kill time at the office.
Before I begin, a few disclaimers:
1) I am not a pro photographer. If you want beautiful hi-res images of the Masters at perfect angles, you're better off using google. Since phones are not allowed in even on practice days, I had to resort to an old digital point and shoot which is probably less powerful than the cameras most of us have on our phones. I was told beforehand that one of the difficult things to perceive prior to visiting is the elevation changes around the course, so I tried to take pictures that could capture some of that. I was successful for some pics, and for others I wasn't.
2) I'm breaking up the posts and pics according to how I chronologically went about my trip. (Including pre-game stuff) At one point I tried to go through all the holes in order to present it as 1-18 but that didn't work out. As I add to the thread, the order of the posts will be this so that you can skip to an area that you may be more interested in:
- Heading to the National
- Golf Shop
- First View of the Course
- Hole 5 with a few pros
- Hole 6
- Hole 7
- A little of Hole 8 and cheap eats
- Open area & more Hole 8
- Hole 9
- A Big Tree, VIPs and a Putting Green
- Par 3 Course
- Near Founders Circle
- Hole 10
- Hole 11
- Amen Corner cont.
- Weather Evac with Random Course Shots
- Rain delay and return
- Second Meal and second evac
- 18 & Exit
Hope yall enjoy.
0 · Share on Twitter