2018 NFL Fantasy Advice

13567

Comments

  • CHuntsmanCHuntsman Members Posts: 754 ✭✭


    Well great, Dez tore his achilles in practice today.....




    Father time, still undefeated!
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,250 ClubWRX
    How is that the same as releasing him? If the best offer out there isn’t qb numbers(which bell always consider himself) then it’s a win for Steelers. They made him a good offer. He just wants qb money. We will see. Dude is still a baller even if he plays half a season for Steelers.
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100 // Epons 301 4-Pw, Accra i80
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    Bell is gonna sign, and I bet he gets a ton of yards playing alongside Conner. I mean $5 million bucks and the steelers can rotate those two guys in and out all game?



    I think he was willing to sit out the season, but the better Conner does, the more his value goes down as it looks like a good system vs a good player. How many teams have a stout line, a very accurate QB and 2 really good receivers + two good pass catching TEs? Pretty much any RB is gonna thrive in that offense.



    I bet he plays this season and ends up signing for less money than he was offered in the offseason somewhere else unless the Raiders do something dumb and sign him for 18m a year.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    jerebear21 wrote:
    How is that the same as releasing him? If the best offer out there isn’t qb numbers(which bell always consider himself) then it’s a win for Steelers. They made him a good offer. He just wants qb money. We will see. Dude is still a baller even if he plays half a season for Steelers.


    My only point was a transition tag gives PIT no draft compensation. Bell is going to get the contract he wants from someone, which PIT clearly wasn't going to give him. So there's zero expectation of them matching any offer. They could do it, but there's no real benefit to them.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,356 ✭✭

    1puttTUT wrote:


    Well i traded away McCaffrey Tuesday so of course he had to score 3 TD's last night lol




    Who did you get in return? He should almost be untouchable in PPR the way he is used.




    I got Drake and Baker Mayfield. It's a two QB league and I was having to start either Eli or Darnold alongside Trubisky each week. It was pretty brutal. I still have Gurley, Mixon and Chubb so I'm ok at RB I think.
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    edited Nov 10, 2018 #67
    1puttTUT wrote:


    1puttTUT wrote:


    Well i traded away McCaffrey Tuesday so of course he had to score 3 TD's last night lol




    Who did you get in return? He should almost be untouchable in PPR the way he is used.




    I got Drake and Baker Mayfield. It's a two QB league and I was having to start either Eli or Darnold alongside Trubisky each week. It was pretty brutal. I still have Gurley, Mixon and Chubb so I'm ok at RB I think.




    ............oh man. Dang, McCaffrey and Gurley every week should usually more then cover that gap of having to suffer with Eli or whatever low tier qb you were rolling with. Baker while better usually than the other options you had, he is not really throwing up large stats to offset the loss of McCaffrey and Drake is essentially a throwaway with your RB depth....so basically Mayfield for McCaffrey. Is there still time to veto it lol?
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

    Toulon Atlanta
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    edited Nov 10, 2018 #68
    adam667220 wrote:

    jerebear21 wrote:
    How is that the same as releasing him? If the best offer out there isn’t qb numbers(which bell always consider himself) then it’s a win for Steelers. They made him a good offer. He just wants qb money. We will see. Dude is still a baller even if he plays half a season for Steelers.


    My only point was a transition tag gives PIT no draft compensation. Bell is going to get the contract he wants from someone, which PIT clearly wasn't going to give him. So there's zero expectation of them matching any offer. They could do it, but there's no real benefit to them.




    Agreed, if Bell wants to max out and the Steelers dont see the value in paying him that much, both which are fairly known at this point....the transition tag would be dicey to use for the Steelers. Sure it lowers his payment for them when hes still with them which is good, but popular opinion would agree, like you said its likely somebody is going to pay Bell alot and if thats more than the Steelers want to pay.....he essentially walks , and no draft pick compensation which all in all, would be similar to if they just released him at this point.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

    Toulon Atlanta
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,356 ✭✭
    bubbagump wrote:

    1puttTUT wrote:


    1puttTUT wrote:


    Well i traded away McCaffrey Tuesday so of course he had to score 3 TD's last night lol




    Who did you get in return? He should almost be untouchable in PPR the way he is used.




    I got Drake and Baker Mayfield. It's a two QB league and I was having to start either Eli or Darnold alongside Trubisky each week. It was pretty brutal. I still have Gurley, Mixon and Chubb so I'm ok at RB I think.




    ............oh man. Dang, McCaffrey and Gurley every week should usually more then cover that gap of having to suffer with Eli or whatever low tier qb you were rolling with. Baker while better usually than the other options you had, he is not really throwing up large stats to offset the loss of McCaffrey and Drake is essentially a throwaway with your RB depth....so basically Mayfield for McCaffrey. Is there still time to veto it lol?




    It was indeed risky...I guess we'll see. I was really just afraid Eli might get benched and then I would be screwed. It's all about the playoffs at this point because I'm pretty much locked in at 7-2.
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Got drilled in my league Im leading in this week. I have Barkley left to go and he has his defense but Im down 30 points. Also, this was the first time I can remember, not having a starter score a touchdown, and that includes my qb. Only TD I had a guy score was Crowell on my bench. Would have had a chance had Carr thrown for a couple TDs and another player or two pick up a TD.



    Howard in Chicago is killing me. He is so hit or miss. Has he had any 100+ yard games this season? I have had him in my starting lineup all year and he may put up 4 points or get a TD and put up 18 or so.
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    blaird wrote:


    Got drilled in my league Im leading in this week. I have Barkley left to go and he has his defense but Im down 30 points. Also, this was the first time I can remember, not having a starter score a touchdown, and that includes my qb. Only TD I had a guy score was Crowell on my bench. Would have had a chance had Carr thrown for a couple TDs and another player or two pick up a TD.



    Howard in Chicago is killing me. He is so hit or miss. Has he had any 100+ yard games this season? I have had him in my starting lineup all year and he may put up 4 points or get a TD and put up 18 or so.




    I have Howard. I try using him for trade bait after every one of his good games but I will not play him unless I'm in trouble.



    I got LUCKY this week so far. I chose Coleman over Chubb and Landry over Edelman figuring the Falcons would be playing with a big lead and boy was I wrong. Landry is an official bust, I picked him up after someone dropped him figuring the new coaches would call his number more, guess not. I'm up by 19 and my opponent has San Fran's defense going tonight. Of course the giants may be one of the few teams a defense could score 19 against....
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭

    blaird wrote:


    Got drilled in my league Im leading in this week. I have Barkley left to go and he has his defense but Im down 30 points. Also, this was the first time I can remember, not having a starter score a touchdown, and that includes my qb. Only TD I had a guy score was Crowell on my bench. Would have had a chance had Carr thrown for a couple TDs and another player or two pick up a TD.



    Howard in Chicago is killing me. He is so hit or miss. Has he had any 100+ yard games this season? I have had him in my starting lineup all year and he may put up 4 points or get a TD and put up 18 or so.




    I have Howard. I try using him for trade bait after every one of his good games but I will not play him unless I'm in trouble.



    I got LUCKY this week so far. I chose Coleman over Chubb and Landry over Edelman figuring the Falcons would be playing with a big lead and boy was I wrong. Landry is an official bust, I picked him up after someone dropped him figuring the new coaches would call his number more, guess not. I'm up by 19 and my opponent has San Fran's defense going tonight. Of course the giants may be one of the few teams a defense could score 19 against....




    Ha I have gotten beat the last two weeks to fall into a tie for first...really starting to rethink the Conner trade though Kelce has been putting up much better points than the TE I had. I think this was just one of those fluke weeks you have in FF, since not one of my starters, qb included scored a touchdown. Josh Gordon is on a bye next week and Im trying to get Moncrief off the waivers so my options for my 3rd wr are Crabtree, Moncrief (if I get him), or Brandon Marshall though I dont think he will play this upcoming week.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Based on season statistics, projections, etc. it's pretty much a wash on paper, but who do you guys like better this week? Roethlisberger @ JAX or Trubisky vs MIN. I'd vote Ben due to weather conditions, but Trubisky vs matchup. Short of flipping a coin, thoughts?
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:


    Based on season statistics, projections, etc. it's pretty much a wash on paper, but who do you guys like better this week? Roethlisberger @ JAX or Trubisky vs MIN. I'd vote Ben due to weather conditions, but Trubisky vs matchup. Short of flipping a coin, thoughts?




    I still don't trust Mitch... But I am probably stubborn. BB has redemption against Jax, I am sure he remembers what happened last year. PIT is rolling....
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge The EmpireMembers Posts: 5,518 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:


    Based on season statistics, projections, etc. it's pretty much a wash on paper, but who do you guys like better this week? Roethlisberger @ JAX or Trubisky vs MIN. I'd vote Ben due to weather conditions, but Trubisky vs matchup. Short of flipping a coin, thoughts?




    Agree with scratch, plus Jax defense is playing like hot garbage.
    8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper

    Toulon Atlanta
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    For once, I got lucky.



    Go back in time to my 2018 Fantasy draft. I'm picking #3 overall in a one player keeper league (so some guys, like Gurley, are already off the board). Options to me are Zeke or Bell. I had no concern of Bell sitting long term, but the risk was obviously there. I end up going with Zeke for consistency, workload, and obviously no hold out. Couple rounds later I take Jerick McKinnon as my #2 RB with high hopes in a new Shanahan led offense. I obviously lost McKinnon before the season even started. I was a coin flip from taking Bell and McKinnon and neither one of them ever stepping on the field. Instead, I happened to take Zeke. When news broke that Bell wasn't actually going to report, I happened to be the first to pick up Conner. They're the #3 and #9 RBs in our league.



    Those were two very different outcomes. And for once, went in my favor.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    I'm pretty pumped Bell decided to not sign!! I've got the rest of the year with Kamara and Conner leading the charge!!
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭


    I'm pretty pumped Bell decided to not sign!! I've got the rest of the year with Kamara and Conner leading the charge!!




    That alone should win your league!!
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    Pick three for my lineup:



    Fournette

    Mixon

    Aaron Jobes

    Dalvin Cook

    Marlon Mack



    I am thinking Fournette, Jones, Mack



    Gobble gobble
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,356 ✭✭


    Pick three for my lineup:



    Fournette

    Mixon

    Aaron Jobes

    Dalvin Cook

    Marlon Mack



    I am thinking Fournette, Jones, Mack



    Gobble gobble




    It's hard to sit Mixon against Cleveland
  • jerebear21jerebear21 Don't Go Left ClubWRX Posts: 3,250 ClubWRX
    don't wish injuries on anyone but melvin gordon being out 2-4 weeks with a grade 2 MCL sprain just boosted my team:



    d. watson

    julio

    thielen

    L. Miller

    Kareem Hunt

    Jordan Reed

    Ekeler/Sammy Watkins
    thehuyhuynhfoundation.com
    FlashSz 1w, 3w, 5w, Graphite Design
    Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW, AP3 4i, 3i Accra i100 // Epons 301 4-Pw, Accra i80
    Fourteen RM22 53/58 Accra i100
    Tour Newport // SC 009 
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    Who do I start in my flex next week?? PPR League... Crowell, Crabtree, Brandon Marshall, or Jordan Howard?? Im leaning towards Crowell or Howard but they both have under performed. There are some people available on waivers but none that really draw me in. I can maybe get Doug Martin but not 100% confident in him.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Howard
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    That's tough but I'd go Howard. He's totally TD dependent though.
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I have waivers in for Ekeler (have 0 expectations of getting him) and Hyde (giving up Thompson the backup to AP). Figured I could get Hyde and he will go in for Howard this week if I get him, with Fournette out. Although I am not sure how many points he will put up splitting the load with Yeldon.
  • highergr0undhighergr0und Members Posts: 10,136 ✭✭
    Man Ekelar is already taken in my league.... I'm trying to pick up Jonnu Smith with the 5th spot in the waiver wire, probably will get him but I need someone to replace Burton who is just a huge bust. I'm in first place again after Chubb saved me on a another week with flat performances from Kamara and Conner.



    If those guys don't find a way to start performing again, I'll be in trouble once the playoffs hit. Watching the Steelers the last two weeks, it seems they've straight up gone away from the run with several 1st and goals inside the 5 where they just pass. Luckily they've lost both so maybe they'll get their heads in order and start feeding Conner again.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭
    Strategy question.



    I don't need a RB, but as a defensive play want to pick up Ekeler to stash. However, I could stand some better TE depth and wanted to also pick up Njoku to replace V. McDonald. I'm in second place in the league and have the #2 waiver priority, so I'd expect to get my first pick (the #1 priority doesn't really make many moves).



    For my waiver priority, would you pick up Ekeler to stash (my other RBs are Conner, Zeke, Breida, Collins) so no one else can grab him or Njoku to use as a backup/possible starter (I have J. Reed as my normal starter)?



    The way I look at it, someone is going to pick up Ekeler regardless, I can keep another team from potentially improving while Gordon is out. I don't know whether anyone would put a claim in for Njoku since TE's aren't as sought after and he hasn't done anything crazy to warrant a sudden pickup. I think if I put the priority on Ekeler, I'll get him, while still having a chance at Njoku. I can't say that the other way around. But Njoku is more likely to make it to my lineup at some point than Ekeler.



    Thoughts?
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • scratchswingerscratchswinger Members Posts: 16,187 ✭✭
    Ekeler is a great play with Gordon out and it could likely be into the FF playoffs where you get him. Conner, Zeke, Ekeler with Gordon out is a solid RB/Flex play.
  • adam667220adam667220 Members Posts: 861 ✭✭


    Ekeler is a great play with Gordon out and it could likely be into the FF playoffs where you get him. Conner, Zeke, Ekeler with Gordon out is a solid RB/Flex play.




    I think my biggest concern is that if Zeke or Conner get hurt, Ekeler could be a plug in replacement at a critical time. Breida's been playing well, but don't want to put too much faith in the team or his ability to stay healthy the rest of the year.
    BC+ Driver 10.5°
    BC+ 5 wood 16°
    Adam Idea Super XTD hybrid 21°
    Callaway X2 Hot Irons 5-AW
    52°,56°, 60° wedges
    Odyssey White Hot Pro 2cs
  • blairdblaird Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    adam667220 wrote:


    Strategy question.



    I don't need a RB, but as a defensive play want to pick up Ekeler to stash. However, I could stand some better TE depth and wanted to also pick up Njoku to replace V. McDonald. I'm in second place in the league and have the #2 waiver priority, so I'd expect to get my first pick (the #1 priority doesn't really make many moves).



    For my waiver priority, would you pick up Ekeler to stash (my other RBs are Conner, Zeke, Breida, Collins) so no one else can grab him or Njoku to use as a backup/possible starter (I have J. Reed as my normal starter)?



    The way I look at it, someone is going to pick up Ekeler regardless, I can keep another team from potentially improving while Gordon is out. I don't know whether anyone would put a claim in for Njoku since TE's aren't as sought after and he hasn't done anything crazy to warrant a sudden pickup. I think if I put the priority on Ekeler, I'll get him, while still having a chance at Njoku. I can't say that the other way around. But Njoku is more likely to make it to my lineup at some point than Ekeler.



    Thoughts?




    I would try to get Ekeler...seems like he could be a bigger point getter than Brieda or Collins now that Gordon is out and it said 2-3 weeks. Our playoffs start week after next so week 14. I could get him for at least 2 weeks with one of those being my first round game. I am tied for first with 2 other guys and we are all two games ahead of 4th place so us 3 are in. Currently I am the 2 seed and our 1 seed is going to be tough, I dont know how he got there but he either traded or hit the waiver jackpot bc his team is really good now. I would just like to avoid having to play him in round 1.
  • 1puttTUT1puttTUT Lefty with occasional game Members Posts: 3,356 ✭✭
    blaird wrote:

    adam667220 wrote:


    Strategy question.



    I don't need a RB, but as a defensive play want to pick up Ekeler to stash. However, I could stand some better TE depth and wanted to also pick up Njoku to replace V. McDonald. I'm in second place in the league and have the #2 waiver priority, so I'd expect to get my first pick (the #1 priority doesn't really make many moves).



    For my waiver priority, would you pick up Ekeler to stash (my other RBs are Conner, Zeke, Breida, Collins) so no one else can grab him or Njoku to use as a backup/possible starter (I have J. Reed as my normal starter)?



    The way I look at it, someone is going to pick up Ekeler regardless, I can keep another team from potentially improving while Gordon is out. I don't know whether anyone would put a claim in for Njoku since TE's aren't as sought after and he hasn't done anything crazy to warrant a sudden pickup. I think if I put the priority on Ekeler, I'll get him, while still having a chance at Njoku. I can't say that the other way around. But Njoku is more likely to make it to my lineup at some point than Ekeler.



    Thoughts?




    I would try to get Ekeler...seems like he could be a bigger point getter than Brieda or Collins now that Gordon is out and it said 2-3 weeks. Our playoffs start week after next so week 14. I could get him for at least 2 weeks with one of those being my first round game. I am tied for first with 2 other guys and we are all two games ahead of 4th place so us 3 are in. Currently I am the 2 seed and our 1 seed is going to be tough, I dont know how he got there but he either traded or hit the waiver jackpot bc his team is really good now. I would just like to avoid having to play him in round 1.




    Ekeler. Njoku is way too inconsistent and Reed seems to be getting more targets with McCoy at QB.
Sign In or Register to comment.