Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Charity Auction - ForeBatten Foundation - Architect David Kahn

Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough!Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Last year you may remember the ForeBatten charity auction in Phoenix which had a plethora of rounds of golf at wonderful courses around the country. It was put on by the Kahn family who unfortunately have 2 girls affected by this terrible Juvenile Batten disease, which I had never heard of myself. It is the type of disease you wished didn't even exist, let alone having your young children affected by this fatal malady affecting children ages 5-10.

The good news is that last year's event raised over $600k for their foundation they founded and are doing it again in 2019! The generosity of others constantly looking for ways to give back and pay it forward are heartwarming, especially since we are in the Christmas season. I won a couple of rounds last year via the auction and presently they are looking for donations to put up for auction. We have big hearts here and will be putting up a round at Olympia Fields CC myself, while bidding on some others I'm sure.

I just received the announcement email thus the more awareness the better. You can donate, attend or bid and to see the photos of these young girls just saddens you thinking of what lies ahead for them.

https://e.givesmart.com/events/bZO/

God bless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    22 rounds have been posted........ Donate a round, buy one, or just spread the word..... Shaping up for a great event.
  • geochitowngeochitown Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    bumping this thread for a worth cause
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in TEE EX9 Long 13* - Accra Tour Z ST 75 M4 untipped at 42.5" 
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Maxfli Revolution Black 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43,48) at -1/2" length DGS300U
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
  • Malones19Malones19 Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Some great auction items out there. Eyeing the Oakmont, but need to find 2 friends to pitch in.
  • mmckee02mmckee02 Members Posts: 291 ✭✭✭✭
    When do the auctions go live?
  • geochitowngeochitown Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I read that it will be mid-February
    Lead Tape lovingly applied - Driver through GW
    TEE XCG7 Beta +1* to 11.5* - Testing at 43" w/ Matrix 7M3 stiff/Driver stand-in TEE EX9 Long 13* - Accra Tour Z ST 75 M4 untipped at 42.5" 
    OR TEE XCG7 Beta 4W 16.5* - Matrix 8M2 /5W 18* - Matrix 8M2 stiff tipped 2" at 41.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 19* H - Fujikura Fit-on Red Stiff - 85 g at 39.25"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 22*H - Diamana Thump T93 Stiff untipped at 38.75"
    TEE XCG7 Beta 25*H - Diamana Thump i465ct 4i shaft stiff 38.25"
    Maxfli Revolution Black 5-PW (27,31,35,39,43,48) at -1/2" length DGS300U
    Vokey SM4 52-08F
    Cleveland TA588 57-10 (bent to 56*, so 9* bounce)
    Vokey SM5 60-07S  
    SC Futura X5r 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0
  • Animal ChinAnimal Chin Members Posts: 415 ✭✭
    This is terrible stuff and David is such a great person.

Very good golfer too.
  • Schley Schley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Kingdom of Saudi ArabiaMembers Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Auction is live and ends March 4th. Dig deep!
  • puttnforthe8puttnforthe8 ARIZONAMembers Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Schley wrote:

Bidding war against you....you're going to just take them all. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Schley wrote:

Bidding war against you....you're going to just take them all. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ha..... well it's for charity right?

What are you going after? I may look to team up with somebody as my dad/bro won't make all the rounds I may get. PM if needed.
    Hey guys wanted to update this esteemed forum with an update. An article by golf.com on the Kahn family situation dealing with the awful disease that has afflicted their girls is now online.

https://www.golf.com/news/features/2019/02/20/course-designer-david-kahn-twin-daughters-fight-batten-disease/

Also on the auction Tom Doak has generously donated a full day of shadowing him on site at one of his 4 active projects! I'm already in early for this one.)

Again the event is March 4th at Top Golf Scottsdale and 60 rounds on offer, in addition to various other items (hotels, spas, etc.)

https://e.givesmart.com/s/:mJLwygGUFuJ/e/bZO/i/_All/#item69gL

Spend a day on site with golf course architect Tom Doak and his Renaissance Design team. Experience a full day with Tom and his crew on an active construction project seeing how they design and build their courses, including being part of the discussion, plus a personalized memento of the day.

Chose from 4 ongoing projects across the world:

Memorial Park, Houston TX - site of the PGA TOUR Houston Open beginning 2020 - Tom will be making visits every month from now through June.

St Patrick's Golf Links, Rosapenna, Ireland - Tom will probably make one visit this spring, one visit just on the heels of The Open in July, and once or twice more in the fall.

Te Arai Resort, Mangawhai, New Zealand - the sister property to Tara Iti - Tom will visit in November or early December.

Sand Valley Resort - Join Tom on initial site walks at some point this year.

* Winning bidder to cover all travel costs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file