GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

New 2019 Bushnell Pro XE

Comments

• Luke.SuttonLuke.Sutton ClubWRX  148WRX Points: 66Handicap: 3.7Posts: 148 ClubWRX

Rent a trackman

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  523WRX Points: 93Handicap: 7Posts: 523 Golden Tee

Has anyone had an issue with the display? I just picked up one today & when shooting a yardage the whole display has a red tinge background to it? Has anyone else noticed that?

Posted:
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2837WRX Points: 385Posts: 2,837 Titanium Tees

On -, @mah2010 said:

Has anyone had an issue with the display? I just picked up one today & when shooting a yardage the whole display has a red tinge background to it? Has anyone else noticed that?

adjust the brightness.

so far only complaint after release week getting it is sometimes I really can't get it to vibrate on lock but still get the yardage, the adjustments yardage for temp and pressure definitely work though.

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • MH2MH2 Grande Prairie ABMembers  523WRX Points: 93Handicap: 7Posts: 523 Golden Tee

Thanks, mine was on the high test brightness. Do they all have the red tinge when in the highest brightness setting?

Posted:
  • StetsonStetson Members  2692WRX Points: 174Posts: 2,692 Titanium Tees

I do not know about the XE, but other Bushnell ones I have used have that same issue. The best optics I’ve ever used by far was Nikon

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS3 (Changes Daily)
    5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
    3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Tour AD IZ)
    or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
    4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
    Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
    Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Starting to think I should have stayed with Leupold

Posted:

Advertisement
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2837WRX Points: 385Posts: 2,837 Titanium Tees

On -, @mah2010 said:

why?

On -, @mah2010 said:

I just tested mine there. Indoors at brightness 4 its almost fully orange but then went outside and I can hardly see the orange. I use mine on 3 and its great for me, certainly no complaints ever.

Posted:
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400

Thanks for the reply, I will get it on the course tomorrow. >

On -, @scott_Donald said:

On -, @mah2010 said:

why?

On -, @mah2010 said:

I just tested mine there. Indoors at brightness 4 its almost fully orange but then went outside and I can hardly see the orange. I use mine on 3 and its great for me, certainly no complaints ever.

Posted:

Anybody buy a silicone case for this? With the build in magnet not sure if it makes sense

Posted:

Took mine out on the course today, the orange tint was pretty heavy early in the round but absent by the end. Also, the Jolt feature threw me off because it only Jolts if you scan and hit the flag, not if you fire right at it. Otherwise it was extremely fast with the reads. Didn’t see the Elements indicator though

Posted:
  • puresurfrpuresurfr Members  2336WRX Points: 226Posts: 2,336 Platinum Tees

My unit jolts when i scan and it hits the closest object to me whether its a sign or a bush or anything that the laser picks up. It seems the holy just tells you the closer object. This is useful for not mistakingly picking up trees behind the flag. As for the elements, hope it is built into the equation with slope. If not, can somebody please explain how it works ?

Posted:

Advertisement

The bushnell app is a nice little perk

Posted:

Bushnell app ??? Is there a app for the Pro XE ???

Posted:

When you buy the rangefinder they give you access to the Bushnell GPS app, which has flyovers and whatnot.

Posted:

Figured out the elements portion. It was not on when I used it yesterday at 45 degrees and rainy. To activate the elements calc you need to press the mode button, not hold it and go into the settings.

I also used the app while playing and I did like it quite a bit. For an app that doesn’t requires a subscription it was nice and the flyovers were a good perk.

Posted:
  • heisman6183heisman6183 Cedar Rapids, IAMembers  175WRX Points: 69Handicap: 12.7Posts: 175 Fairways

On -, @puresurfr said:

My unit jolts when i scan and it hits the closest object to me whether its a sign or a bush or anything that the laser picks up. It seems the holy just tells you the closer object. This is useful for not mistakingly picking up trees behind the flag. As for the elements, hope it is built into the equation with slope. If not, can somebody please explain how it works ?

I was reading the user manual and it seems to back this up. The jolt doesn't activate if you shoot the flag and there's nothing behind it, it just gives you the yardage to the flag.

Also, the elements are built into the slope calculation. With slope and elements on it will calculate everything (slope, temp, elevation) and give a plays like number.

Posted:

Taylormade M1 430
    Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood
    Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 2019 5h
    Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 6-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50, 56
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey Honey Dipped

Advertisement

Kinda true. The elements are automatically calculated in as long as the indicator is present. If it isn’t present than you need to click the mode button to add elements.

Posted:

i find the magnetic mount to be quite worthless, i used it once and it promptly fell and damaged my rangefinder ( fell on concrete cart path )....The unit itself is amazing but the magnets are quite weak, i had the strap magnets before and they worked much better.

Posted:

Fact. Magnet sucks. Cheap case off amazon protects and has better magnets

Posted:

Oh and the Slope button sucks too, it automatically slides by itself, ive seen better quality on toys inside a Happy Meal. And seriously, they knew the magnet would fail but they put the thinnest coat of rubber to protect the unit. Would a thicker coat of protection or a less flimsy switch really cost that much ????

Posted:
  • tarrantiantarrantian Members  73WRX Points: 52Handicap: 12Posts: 73 Bunkers

On -, @Twohey said:

On -, @Chubbydog said:

On -, @Laznasty said:

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser Rangfinders/Pro XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf
    I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.
    "PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®
    Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently
    getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.
    For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.
    To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and
    move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired
    object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the
    distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to
    confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the
    display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser
    beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not
    acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.
    Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects
    to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back
    to the last mode used.
    "

Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.
    The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

Well the 'pan from the left' with the trigger pressed worked amazingly well - So strange, as a X2 user, did what most others did and pointed and shot. The process for the XE is much different, but once you understand all good! (Came close to tossing it after my first round last weekend, but didn't need a $700 CAN paper weight)...

Bushnell really should have done a better job explaining the new targeting process, not to mention what another said about the crap case (The 'old' X2, etc. case was perfect). And another thing, why does Bushnell not sell 'extra' cases? Had to go on eBay and just bid/won a new, unused X2 case that someone was off loading thankfully....

Finally, starting to love the XE, but also question 'fit and finish' the slope off/on switch feels a bit loose/flimsy, something that should NOT occur on an item that is so expensive. Think I'm going to be a fan eventually, but tough to recommend this above the X2.

Cheers,

• Ian
    Posted:
    Taylormade M5 460 Driver 9.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 S) 
    Taylormade M5 3 Metal 15.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK White 60 S) 
    Taylormade GAPR 3 Hi Hybrid Metal 19.0D* (Kuro Kage Silver Series Hybrid 80 S)
    Taylormade P790 Forged Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (3*-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Taylormade Spider Tour X Chalk Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour P) - SuperStroke Traxion Pistol GT Tour Grip
    Taylormade Soto Patina Putter* (Custom / KBS CT Tour P) - Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize Putter Grip
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black/Red) Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball
    Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart / SkyCaddie SX500 GPS / Bushnell ProXE Laser Rangefinder 
    (*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

Advertisement

The magnet on mine has held great with no issues at all even over rough terrain but I only got to use it 3 times before the season ended. Also, does the pro xe fit in the x2 case?

Posted:
  • heisman6183heisman6183 Cedar Rapids, IAMembers  175WRX Points: 69Handicap: 12.7Posts: 175 Fairways

Does anyone know what the Velcro on the back of the carrying case is used for?

Posted:

Taylormade M1 430
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 2019 5h

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3286WRX Points: 608Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,286 Titanium Tees

It’s so you can attach the case to a bag strap.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 55-13 and 60-06 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

Posted:
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400

I'll claim ignorance, I don't know what a bag strap is. Like, one of the shoulder straps or an accessory strap?

Posted:

Taylormade M1 430
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 2019 5h

Advertisement

It does fit in the X2 case, but it kind of nests into it so that when you open the case you have to pull it out of either half. I've grown to like the XE case more and more.

Posted:

Taylormade M1 430
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 2019 5h

• new2g0lfnew2g0lf Members  3449WRX Points: 363Posts: 3,449 Titanium Tees

XE has worked great for over a year. No issues with magnet either, sticks to my cart tight even on rough terrain and hard bumps. No issues with display and seems some here just need to read the manual.

Posted:
    Driver - Home Callaway Epic Flash   Away Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 
    Woods - XXIO 10 3W
    Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
    Irons - Home - PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-SW   Away - Callaway Apex CF-19 5-SW
    Wedge - PXG 58* 
    Putter - Seemore Nashville mFGP2 SS Mallet Black
    Ball - KSig, TM TP5X, Snell MTB
  • GibsonlesGibsonles Members  82WRX Points: 22Handicap: 16Posts: 82 Fairways

Has anyone seen any good deals recently on one of these units? Any help would be much appreciated!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • meandmydogscoutmeandmydogscout Members  3WRX Points: 60Posts: 3 Starters

Best deal I've seen is currently on Amazon - $473

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.