new glide wedges coming?

danman44danman44 Members Posts: 61 ✭✭

just noticed the golf discount is clearing 2.0 glides for 107$

Comments

• fsutankerfsutanker Members Posts: 301 ✭✭

I just traded my 2.0s in and the guy at the shop said “good timing, they are about to release the new version”

• JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 434 ✭✭

Glide 3 has been trademarked.
    What's interesting to me is clubs used to debut after the PGA tournament in August. I'm wondering if that date will be moved up or how that might work? With the Majors and the equipment shows?

Comparisons are odious.

• rjr25rjr25 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭

Thats fun, just paid full price for some new ones a couple weeks ago. Oh well

My 2019 Experiment
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra King Utility Black OL 21
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 - 34
  • tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 New EnglandMembers Posts: 729 ✭✭

I just hope they don't release a black head with black paintfill again. The black head is fine, but I can't read the lofts for the life of me on those, lol.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo Members Posts: 455 ✭✭

@rjr25 said:

Do u have 90 days return policy? 😉

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 599 ✭✭

@fsutanker said:
    I just traded my 2.0s in and the guy at the shop said “good timing, they are about to release the new version”

did the guy at the shop happen to give you a date for the new released version?

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist 818H2 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    PING i210 4-UW Project X LZ 120
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 56*/60* 
    Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,239 ✭✭

@tgoodspe1991 said:
    I just hope they don't release a black head with black paintfill again. The black head is fine, but I can't read the lofts for the life of me on those, lol.

I have the same issue, I have to look really close at them, haha. I might add some white paint fill.

WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 1,988 ClubWRX

ill play my 2.0 until the grooves are gone. love them.

TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    PXG 19 Hyb
    PXG 0311t Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 Wedges
    Scotty Cameron 009 Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

I have the same issue, I have to look really close at them, haha. I might add some white paint fill.

Apparently PING can fill them with different paint fill if you want to when you order. I've never done it but would 100% if I bought them, lol.

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
    time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
    - Arnold Palmer
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,239 ✭✭

@tgoodspe1991 said:

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

Apparently PING can fill them with different paint fill if you want to when you order. I've never done it but would 100% if I bought them, lol.

I bought mine "like new"" off eBay. Doing paint fill on your own is not hard... I'm just lazy.

WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 65 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

I bought mine "like new"" off eBay. Doing paint fill on your own is not hard... I'm just lazy.

Same. I know adding paint fill is super easy, but buying it from PING with the paint fill done is even easier, ha :)

- Arnold Palmer

I have a store credit burning a hole in my pocket waiting to find out what PING is going to do...

Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • lang30lang30 Hawkeye Members Posts: 323 ✭✭

@tgoodspe1991 said:

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

@Z1ggy16 said:

@tgoodspe1991 said:

Same. I know adding paint fill is super easy, but buying it from PING with the paint fill done is even easier, ha :)

I just bought some cheap finger nail polish. The fill has held up for over a year.

G400 Max 9 Degree Tour75x
    G400 3 Wood Tour75x
    G400 3 Hybrid Tour85x
    Cobra F9 4 - GW C-Taper s+
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 & 58 DG x100
    Taylormade Spider X
  • speeder757speeder757 Members Posts: 1,044 ✭✭

Where is the best place to buy paintfill for clubs? What kind/brand is the best to use?
    Thanks

• rjr25rjr25 Members Posts: 254 ✭✭

@Marco Colo said:

@rjr25 said:

Do u have 90 days return policy? 😉

I likely could, but not a big deal at the end of the day. Just one of those "of course they did" moments. I kind of had a feeling when I noticed the inventory getting low at my local golf shop when they used to have 20+ on hand.

My 2019 Experiment
    Cobra F9 - 9 degree - Atmos Black TS 6S
    Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5
    Cobra F8 Hybrid 19
    Cobra King Utility Black OL 21
    Cobra F7 OL 5&6
    Cobra Forged Tec Black 7-GW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54SS & 58ES
    TaylorMade TP Black Copper Ardmore 3 - 34

@speeder757 said:
    Where is the best place to buy paintfill for clubs? What kind/brand is the best to use?
    Thanks

I filled mine with Testor's paint....

A tiny bottle is about $2 at Michaels or any store of its kind. Apply it generously to the lettering with a toothpick or q-tip and let settle for about 5 min and then wipe excess off with a rag and rubbing alcohol.

Taylormade Spider X Navy 
    TaylorMade TP5
    WITB
  • hartrick11hartrick11 San DiegoMembers Posts: 42 ✭✭

My 2.0s were collecting dust and I traded in this week after seeing this thread. Thanks for the heads up!

Driver: Cobra F8+, Hzrdus Black
    3w: Cobra F7, AD DI
    UT: TaylorMade Gapr LO, KBS Proto
    Irons: Cobra King Forged CB, KBS $ Taper
    Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B X-W1 54 & 60
    Putter: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood