OG epic vs epic flash - club fitting?

mn44 ·  
mn44mn44 Members  165WRX Points: 53Handicap: 1Posts: 165 Fairways

Purely for club fitting, what has been your experience between these two clubs (standard OG epic vs standard flash) when it comes to club fitting?

I was fit for my epic and like it but it's showing some signs of damage so might have to buy a flash head, but would prefer if I didn't have to change shafts for a proper fit (dents out on the toe, carbon fiber exposed on bottom of club, face beat up).

9* epic, SS just above 110, ad tp 7x shaft, usually play neutral upright (-1/n) but have switched to +1/n in the winter for a higher ball flight (no roll so want to maximize carry)

Thanks!

Posted:

Comments

• Adam CAdam C Members  744WRX Points: 407Handicap: 4Posts: 744 Golden Tee

Use the same shaft all day long. People who say you need a new shaft to match up with a new head are just trying to get you to buy more stuff. If you have any doubt, just look on tour. PGA guys usually are contractually obligated to switch out to the newest model driver on each cycle, but look how many of them change shafts with it. Almost none. Stick with what works.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kgkkgk Slapshot Members  1291WRX Points: 148Posts: 1,291 Platinum Tees

Same shaft, Flash launched higher & spun a LOT more for me. I play driver at 44.5"; same swingweight, the Flash at 9.5 (10.5 down a degree) launched at 13* but spun 3600 for me. The OG at 11.5 (10.5 up a degree) launches at 15* but 2500 RPMs. The OG had a small edge in ball speed too. I just COULD NOT get the spin down on the Flash.
    Don't know if I borked the Flash head by having it built 1" short, or what, but that thing was not a good fit for me. Maybe go even further down in loft, or try a Subzero? Eh, I'll just stay with my current one.
    I wouldn't buy one without hitting it first. It certainly performed for me like a VERY different head.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4279WRX Points: 754Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,279 Titanium Tees

If your Epic is damaged from use then wouldn’t callaway warrant it under consumer laws?

Posted:
  • tanker44tanker44 Members  419WRX Points: 133Posts: 419 Greens

If epic is cracked they will replace with a Rogue - FYI.

Posted:
    TM M2 2016 10.5* FujiPro 53
    TM M5 15* Speeder Evo OG
    TM UDI 17* UST Recoil
    TM P790 2019 4-PW Ctapers
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50/54/58 
    Evnroll ER5 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.