Titleist Junkies

sysmlxsysmlx Members Posts: 44
Ok all you Titleist junkies. What's your favorite Titleist club? I know it's hard to decide because they are all good, but what club can you positively not do without?

image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' /> for Titleist

Comments

• bjacksonbjackson Win The Day Marshals Posts: 5,689 mod
    pro v1 count???? cause that would be #1 on my list right now...as for club, by spin milled 60.04 is what i need, and my 983K is still great, but has seen better days...might need some replacing...but no date or replacement is in sight...except for this club called the 905R image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • scottescotte Members Posts: 1,079
    I have been a big titleist junkie for years, with everything but the wedges.

I can't live with out my: 980f 15* nv75 s

I kicked the new 904 out of my bag that the wife bought me.

I can't live with out my: 990's for 6 years the dci 990's with rifle 6 were in my bag until last month I switched to the 695cb (so far so good)

durring the 6 years with the 990's I bought other titleist clubs like the 962, and 690cb, but didn't like them enough to get rid of the 990's

I can't live with out my: my cameron studio 5 putter on slow greens. however on fast greens I could break it.

Really the only thing I don't care for are the vokey wedges and 904, and I may be the only one in the world that feels this way, I see lots of bags with them both. The wedges just to me seem clunky and way to much bounce compared to the muzuno or clevelands, and the 904 is just less distance, less control, less accurate and so forth.

Thanks,

Scott
  • golfr03golfr03 6453 Jr. Boomers Posts: 344
    edited Apr 21, 2006 #4
    I am not the biggest titleist fan ever but I still like their stuff a lot.

I would have to say my favorite is the vokey wedges and scotty cameron... they make great short game

equipment but I also like their irons and woods. The new SM are the best and you cant beat a Cameron.

image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

image/smilie_nike.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='(cool)' /> image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    any 009 if scottys count or if not any proto vokey...titty makes great stuff!
  • norvalwelchnorvalwelch Members Posts: 13
    From a bag that is exclusively Titleist, I'd have to say my DCI 990s. I've had them for going on five and a half years now, and I love them. I haven't even looked at another set of irons; although that might change if I can get my hands on some 660s. Still, I'd be hard pressed to change. The irons are going strong, with very little wear, and they look almost as good as they day I bought them.

A classy, utilitarian set of irons...

I second the K as a great club as well, although the R might be the heir apparent in that category...
  • markus1*markus1* Members Posts: 323
    Well I'm starting to make my bag all Titleist, but I haven't hit an Titleist iron that is as good as the Mizuno MX-23... But my favorite Titleist clubs are, my new 905r and my new Scotty Circa 62 no.1 (great feel and head...)... Titleist makes the best clubs... image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • SpinachSpinach Members Posts: 535
    edited Apr 21, 2006 #8
    I would have to say any tity driver from the last three models, but the 905r takes the cake. Any Newport putter is a crucial element to any titleist loyalists bag. But personally, I have a raw vokey 52 bent to 49 custom grind that hasnt been out of the bag for the last 4 years. Perfect club.

HEY SCOTTE YOU INTERESTED IN DUMPING THAT 904 SOMEWHERE?

PM ME
  • InTheHole!InTheHole! Charter Members Posts: 1,350
    I am starting to get onto the Titleist wagon now... As you can tell, I'm a TM Ho, and have been for the last 2 years. I used to play a set of Titleist 690CB w/o much success and a 983K and E also w/o much success.

I hv played my 6th round with my 905R and it is the most solid and forgiving driver that I have played in the last 2 years! I dig my Vokey TC stamped wedges - so now its just some irons to complete me!
  • tylerbrowder8-4tylerbrowder8-4 Members Posts: 1,186 ✭✭
    my bore thru PT 15 with DGX100 41.5" kill it about 250........ no not carry total yardage
  • RiuzziRiuzzi Kwok'd! Marshals Posts: 2,766
    I can't imagine a better wedge than the Spin Milled 60.08° M-grind I use...it's perfect image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • golfsllgolfsll Members Posts: 539
    wow i was hoping to hear you TITLEIST JUNKies tell us you loved the old starship woods. i have a friend and that is his favorite club in his bag. it sports a harmon cbs shaft. this guy also works in a proline golf shop and hasbeen given fw woods but the old starship stays in play. image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • lancelepagelancelepage Members Posts: 589 ✭✭
    Gotta be my Scotty or my 975F 3 wood.. I don't know if anything will ever replace that 3 wood...
    Ping G Driver - 10.5 with Tour 65X
    Ping G25 4 wood - 16.5 with AD-DI7S
    TaylorMade RBZ 4 Tour Hybrid
    Ping S55 4-PW with C-Taper Lite (silver dot)
    Ping Gorge 52,56,60 with C-Taper Lite (silver dot)
    Scotty Cameron Futura X 38"
  • Josh TJosh T Things and stuff. Members Posts: 779
    990s. I just can't kick them out.. I feel they are the only club that I have actually hit a great golf shot with.
    Taylormade M1 8.5* Fujikura Speeder 553 Tour Spec
    Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour 16.5* Aldila RIP Alpha
    Adams Red 20* Matrix Altus Tour
    Srixon Z-545 4-PW True Temper DG Pro S300
    Scratch 8620 DD 47*, 53*, 60* Aerotch SF i110
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 16
  • steve81steve81 Members Posts: 1,257
    id have to honestly say my 983K 9.5* with stock Speeder "S".

This club is so anti-right, i dont even remember the last time i hit a slice or fade. Every shot is either dead straight or slight draw. This club is long too. I am driving the ball further than any TM driver i have ever tried. I think TM should double check their "own the tee box" slogan because Titleist 983K gets my vote.

My drives are now averiging in the high 290's and low 300's. Hit the longest drive of my life last weekend with it, 330 yards!

I love you 983K.
  • DCIGUYDCIGUY Members Posts: 424
    edited Apr 21, 2006 #16
    Lets see - toss up between my 56* Vokey spin milled and my 905R. But you know, it really does not matter because it will be a long time before anything replaces my Titleist! image/smilie_titty.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • slicer365slicer365 Members Posts: 1,750
    My 52* wedge bent to a 50*.

My newly paint filled Laguna 2.5 Studio Stainless.

My 60* spin milled is not bad either.
  • golfernut78golfernut78 BOOMER SOONER Members Posts: 3,448
    not a titliest junkie, rather a nike junkie, but my favorite titliest stuff has to be the vokey oil can wedges (i've got a 52*, 54*, 58*, and 60*) and my scotty cameron newport beach putter.
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/font]
    [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]scotty cameron newport beach[/font]
  • drawmerchantdrawmerchant Members Posts: 253
    My 980F Strong 15 degree fairway metal (TT DG S300) is still a go to favourite. Nice deep face and a banker of the tee for tight par 4s. Better than its successor 904F IMO, who's face is too shallow and I always seem to hook.

On the putter front a Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec, 35" shaft, always makes its way back into the bag. Nice crisp feel.

As far as irons go, so many to choose from - always had soft spot for the old DCI 962B - scary looking, especially in the long irons, but really good to play with if you were on your game. Of the post DCI forged breed, the 695MB is pretty good on first impressions. They aren't available in the UK yet, but have hit a demo 6 iron and it seems like it could be their best iron set in years. Hope the rest of the set feels as good when I get them.

Drawmerchant
  • curryjcurryj Members Posts: 384
    vokey wedges all the way!

Just when i decided to retire the 990's - i see this post, now having second thoughts. Time for a change, and nothing in the current lineup appeals to me like the old 990's( i've even got a set of 990b's). I think i'll hold onto them just in case.
  • jwjrgolfjwjrgolf Members Posts: 65
    Can not live without my 905R as well as my newport 2 cameron.
    RBZ Tour
    RBZ Tour 14.5*
    Ping G25 17*h
    Titleist AP2 3-PW
    Ping Gorge 52 & 60
    T.P. Mills prototype
  • SixtyfiveSixtyfive sixtyfive Members Posts: 61
  • hogangolf4lifehogangolf4life Members Posts: 228
    well my driver, 905R which I LOVE, switched from the T. Hit way to many fairways now handicaps come down three strokes. More 8,9,PW into par fours.

My 904f which are so reliable off the tee and can absolutely launch to land and stay on a nice par 5 in two.

PROV1!!!!! cant live without em

My PUTTER TOUR STUDIO DESIGN 2.5 which I love.

and hopefully some new 695cbs, **** things feel like butter gotta get some.
  • golfjamgolfjam Members Posts: 544 ✭✭
    my driver is titleist, doesn'tmatter if it is 983, 905, 975 or currently 905R. just love them ai have 2 camerons, nuff said.

but my irons... 695mb are good but mp-33 are way better. miss them a lot.

and balls... PROV1, until they release PROV2 or better...
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Fuji Speeder 757 IV X
    Callaway XR16 15 Fuji Speeder TS 7.2 S
    TaylorMade P790 UDI 2 C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno 919 HM Pro 4-6 C Taper Lite X
    Mizuno MP-5 7-PW C Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX4 52/58 X100
    Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347 ✭✭
    I Like ALL my Titleist . ( i mean that, i don't have a titleist club that i don't like)

My favorite Titleist club or clubs would have to be my 681 irons, i have yet to find a Titleist iron that i like better for feel.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    newport II pro platinum.

I'll never get rid of my 975D(s) but the K is my gamer.
  • nickc445nickc445 Members Posts: 540 ✭✭
    edited Apr 22, 2006 #27
    Please don't make me pick. Please don't make me pick.

Ok, top 3:

905R Driver

503H Hybrid

Cameron Pro Plat. Newport Midslant
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • jrglfr7jrglfr7 Members Posts: 74
    It's got to be my 704cb irons. They are everything I ever wanted in an iron. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />
  • GolferGal2009GolferGal2009 about that.... Members, Jr. Boomers Posts: 466
    I'm not yet a Titleist junkie, the Racs have kept me with a mixed bag but I love my Scotty Cameron especially as of lately (you all know how it is!!) I really like that new Oil Can Vokey wedge, never hit it, never held it but it is beautiful!! I'm saving up for 904's... they are so nice.
  • carpediembpcarpediembp Members Posts: 184
    pretty much my whole bag...but the more aggressive i keep getting with my Vokey, the better the performance, and as for the Newport 2 stainless, i like it ALOT better than the Pro Plat new 2 i had

but for just one club its gotta be the Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can SM56-10 for me
  • Battenator12345Battenator12345 Banned Posts: 161
    My Whole Bag lol Its amazing