Zach Heusser

2»

Comments

• Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,180 mod
    valkare wrote:

Just in case anyone is on the fence, I'd highly recommend Zach if you're looking for instruction in the Bay Area. After struggling with some inconsistency in my irons and an annoying fade, I decided to get an hour lesson with Zach. After hitting some balls for 5 minutes with my "normal," self-taught swing, Zach showed my what I was doing wrong, gave me 3 things to correct (2 address related and 1 backswing related), and another 5-10 minutes later I was hitting consistent draws. And while my swing felt completely foreign, the shots were consistent and easy to replicate. I plan on visting Zach again for some more minor adjustments after I've ingrained this new swing.

Arguably the best money I've ever spent on my golf game. Thanks again Zach.

Glad I could help, thanks
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • GxhwhGxhwh Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok. Zack. Welcome. Is there any new Mod's gift to us? How about some short game tips? Thanks.
  • Chief CowpieChief Cowpie Members Posts: 614
  • CloranCloran Members Posts: 1,047 ✭✭
    What the **** just happened?! Lol.
  • GolfbeatGolfbeat Swing Lessee Members Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Zach, wassup?
  • BiomateurBiomateur l'inferno siamo noi Banned Posts: 534
    ??? Who are you, OP ? A typical pro...or...?
    L'acqua ch'io prendo
    già mai non si corse...
  • ForeRLForeRL Members Posts: 845 ClubWRX
    After about 4 years from the game of golf, I saw Zach for a lesson and now I'm hitting the ball great again.

Thank you Zach.

I highly suggest Zach if you are in the Bay Area.
  • rteach1rteach1 Members Posts: 439
    Zach,

I sent you a PM regarding a lesson I have booked for tomorrow. Thanks.

Rteach1
  • rcurley55rcurley55 Members Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    Pretty excited - just booked my lesson with Zach for 3/12!
  • jpbouffardjpbouffard BigLex Members Posts: 41
    I once met a very nice guy who was an assistant to Karsten Solheim in Phoenix, named Dean Heusser. Any relation?
  • Terry GoldTerry Gold Members Posts: 500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent instructor. No bs, knows his shiznit, no one-size fits all, no ego, and directs the lesson towards your swing, never relies upon some universal philosophy. Will converse and respect a student's input, but balance it with necessary discipline and focus. Subjective and my experience with instructors is limited but ZH provides the best student-instructor dynamic I've encountered.

A fun guy to shoot the bull with as well, but won't use it to sap instruction minutes.
  • MysteryVMysteryV Members Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd second this whole heartedly. Only issue at all is that he's so good that he's in demand and I need to plan in advance to get a time booked.

Great guy to fix your swing or have a beer with. A+
    Driver: Ping G400 Max w/ Tensei PO
    3 Wood: Epic 3+ w/ GD AD-DI
    Irons: Miura CB-1008 w/ Oban CT-115
    Wedges: Miura Y Grind 51, Miura K Grind 56,60 w/ Modus Wedge
    Putter: Scotty Newport 2 - AOP Oval Track
  • KingKongKingKong Members Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    This thing on?

Epic Flash SZ TD 9* w/ Diaman DF 70TX
    Epic Flash 15* w/ Rogue Black 80TX
    818H2 19* w/ Rogue Silver 85X
    Apex Pro '19 4-P w/ C Taper S+
    SM7 Raw 50/54/58 w/ TI S400

ER5 Black

• CloranCloran Members Posts: 1,047 ✭✭
    I always wondered why this thread is pinned... anyone have a theory?
  • pappaf2pappaf2 Members Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Cloran wrote:

I always wondered why this thread is pinned... anyone have a theory?

I believe he is buddies with the WRX creators. He is a good instructor. It would be cool if he interacted with the instruction forum.
  • Zach HeusserZach Heusser Marshals Posts: 5,180 mod
    Terry Gold wrote:

Excellent instructor. No bs, knows his shiznit, no one-size fits all, no ego, and directs the lesson towards your swing, never relies upon some universal philosophy. Will converse and respect a student's input, but balance it with necessary discipline and focus. Subjective and my experience with instructors is limited but ZH provides the best student-instructor dynamic I've encountered.

A fun guy to shoot the bull with as well, but won't use it to sap instruction minutes.

Thanks for the kind words guys! I plan to be more active in this forum again
    Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur University <br /><br />My WITB<br /><br /><br /><br />http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/<br />@Zheusser on twitter
  • tinman143tinman143 Members Posts: 332 ✭✭
    edited Jun 13, 2018 #48
    Lesson 1

Zach: what’s your handicap?

Tin: well I don’t officially have one but shoot anywhere from 92 to 88.

Hits a few 7 irons.

Zach: man your short game must f$&@ing suck!

Tin: YES!! Lol
  • tinman143tinman143 Members Posts: 332 ✭✭
    Terry Gold wrote:

I echo this exactly.
  • FourTopsFourTops Banned Posts: 1,676 ✭✭

I would like to introduce myself to the board. Many of you guys may know me from another site KascoPro. My name is Zach Heusser. I am a golf instructor at Crystal Springs club which is about 20 miles south of San Francsico on 280.

I have been Teaching in the Bay area for the past 7 years. Prior to that I was at the Jim Mclean Golf School at PGA West for 3 seasons.

At PGA West I was able to train under Jim Mclean, and several other of the top 100 teachers in the US. I was also able to watch and work with several PGA and LPGA tour players. I was recently nominated for Golf Digest's top teachers in CA.

I was asked to be a mod for this sites Instruction forum, and I was happy to agree to do it.

I look forward to helping anyone in anyway that I can.

http://www.golfdiges...rstop20_under40

http://www.golfdiges...te_teachers.pdf

Zach

Oh are you in for a treat!
  • SPY ZINGERSPY ZINGER Members Posts: 3,313 ✭✭
    Zach! I didn’t know you were KascoPro!?!

...13 years later...
  • after9after9 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭
    Just adding my two cents here - I've seen Zach three times, am on a cadence where I'll go every 4-6 months or so. Gives me some clear guidance and something to go practice for a while. I work on that then come back when it's time to work on something new. Each time I leave I feel like I've had an ah-hah moment. Awesome instructor and great dude. Don't hesitate if you are in the Bay Area and thinking about lessons.
  • taestytaesty Members Posts: 1

Hi Zach, I sent you a PM about lessons. I saw you're listed on Crystal Springs page but no way to book a lesson on there.

• JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zach do you know Todd Smith?

• after9after9 Members Posts: 25 ✭✭

@taesty said:
    Hi Zach, I sent you a PM about lessons. I saw you're listed on Crystal Springs page but no way to book a lesson on there.

Not sure if he's gotten back to you, but you book through here: https://www.smarterlessons.com/business/securebookit.php# - little confusing but just click on California and then Burlingame.

I just left a Friday morning session with Zach and it was AWESOME. Being at work is hard. He's a super smart great dude.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file