Your Average Price Per Round

I know it varies by getting a good deal, or twilight rate,walking/riding,or what have you. Just curious, what do you usually spend for a round of golf. What is the highest you will go for a non special occasion? Also, what is the lowest standard wise your willing to play?

I play a few places that are on golfnow, so that usually comes with a cart, I like to keep it between 25 and 40, every once in a while I'll drop 50 if it's a nice place nearby. Just curious where everyone else keeps it at, thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a couple places around here that i can get a weekday 18 in riding for under 28.00. there is a Pete Dye design (fowlers mill) that's close to 60 and i will play it at least once a year. They do offer weekday specials, 28 riding with a cart teeing off before 8am. I will do that whenever i can, best deal around here. OP, or anyone, have any of you ever bought one of those discount books? Pay 50 bucks for the book and it has a bunch of coupons for a bunch of local courses. I have seen them, but i don't know if it's worth it or not. OP are the Golfnow.com rates discounted? I think I looked into that for a round last year, but the day we wanted had a forecast for rain and i didn't find out what happens if it you get rained out.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='KYMAR' date='21 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1269207305' post='2331483']
There are a couple places around here that i can get a weekday 18 in riding for under 28.00. there is a Pete Dye design (fowlers mill) that's close to 60 and i will play it at least once a year. They do offer weekday specials, 28 riding with a cart teeing off before 8am. I will do that whenever i can, best deal around here. OP, or anyone, have any of you ever bought one of those discount books? Pay 50 bucks for the book and it has a bunch of coupons for a bunch of local courses. I have seen them, but i don't know if it's worth it or not. OP are the Golfnow.com rates discounted? I think I looked into that for a round last year, but the day we wanted had a forecast for rain and i didn't find out what happens if it you get rained out.
[/quote]

I've never found out what happens if you get rained out or can't make it, it's kind of scary because you give them your credit card. I've booked maybe 10 times online, I think the prices are discounted for the most part. Even if it's not much, just the acessibility to information on a deal going on,twilight rates etc is great instead of having to call the clubhouse.

Much easier to compare, I just wish more golf courses would do online booking!!!

• 5 months later...

We have great deals in Michigan during the fall. Top courses which normally go for $80 are $30-40 off peak (The Orchards, Shepherd's Hollow).

I'd say 90% of my rounds are between $35-$55 during the summer. I generally save the high end courses for the fall. They're more stunning during that time anyway!

Using Golfnow in San Diego on the weekends will cost about $45 and up for par 70+ courses. $30 and up on weekdays. You get what you pay for when you play the "cheaper" courses because EVERYONE is playing there.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

My home course is $45 weekdays (which is mostly when I play it) $60 weekends. When i venture away from there it will range between $50 to $65 on weekdays and $85 to $100 weekends, but I rarely play the top courses on the weekends.

edit: these are MD/DC/VA prices not North Carolina.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

All of the city courses here are $12.50 to walk all day. So thats what I usually play. I like the layouts and they are usually in pretty good shape. There are several other courses that I do play and pay around $50 when I am with some of the guys that like to drink beer and ride. Also have a couple hook ups at nicer places that I get on free at. Usually a couple times a year we will get a group together and go play a nicer course in the area, but it is usually no more than $75. The most I have played for round in the last couple of years was $150per as a guest .

Don't get me wrong though, If I loved where some of you all do, I wouldn't hesitate to shell out more money for some of the great courses you live by. It just really isn't that much different to me where I am to pay so much more to play a course I really wont enjoy anymore than the cheap walk.

[quote name='Everest209' timestamp='1269306589' post='2334435']
[quote name='KYMAR' date='21 March 2010 - 02:35 PM' timestamp='1269207305' post='2331483']
[/quote]

I've never found out what happens if you get rained out or can't make it, it's kind of scary because you give them your credit card. I've booked maybe 10 times online, I think the prices are discounted for the most part. Even if it's not much, just the acessibility to information on a deal going on,twilight rates etc is great instead of having to call the clubhouse.

Much easier to compare, I just wish more golf courses would do online booking!!!
[/quote]

I've had 2 golfnow.com bookings end up getting rained out. 1 was local, the other 50 miles away. The local one just asked me to come out at my convenience and make the rest of the payment and gave me a rain check. For the other, i called golfnow, they put me on hold to call the course to verify the rainout, then came back on and refunded my card. Got an email 10 min later, as a receipt. CS Rep said some courses will give you the option to pay your discounted rate, then receive a rain check.

Summer Time $25-$50 average around $40 to play great courses
Winter Time (peak season) $50-$100 average around $75 to play good, but not great courses.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...