GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

PGA tour brand shorts?

Yanki01 ·  
Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6561WRX Points: 673Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,561 Titanium Tees
i just bought myself 2 pairs of PGA tour brand golf shorts at my local JC Penney. anyone have good reviews before i put them in play? i wasnt ready to spend $40+ on 1 pair and couldnt find a good deal anywhere. after this weekend's heat and humidity i HAD to get something better than 100% cotton, these are 100% polyester. pretty much 3/4 of our year down here is hot as sh*t! i also got a pair of Jockey mesh underwear and boxer briefs. i bought 2 shorts, striped khaki and striped black. i think im already going to return them for the solid khaki and black being all my golf shirts are striped and i dont think will look good being double striped. thanks for the info!
Posted:
915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
712u 4i Recoil F4 110
714 AP2 5-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105x
SM6 51.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
WITB || Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec

Comments

• the_risingthe_rising Members  12WRX Points: 0Posts: 12
    Have not had their shorts, but their shirts are actually pretty good value for the price so I'd expect the same out of the shorts.<br />
    <br />
    I've had 3-4 of the shirts over the years and the one thing I've found is that they "pick" a little easier than some of the more expensive polyester shirts (Nike or Under Armour)...having said that, though, I've also had polyester Greg Norman shirts that "pick" easy too.<br />
    <br />
    Definitly not bad stuff for the $$$.<br />
    <br />
    I actually think the Slazenger and Walter Hagan lines at Dick's are just about the best value for performance golf wear.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4556WRX Points: 323Posts: 4,556 Titanium Tees
    i really like a lot of the Walter Hagen shirts at Dick's but they are so over-priced. i always wait for them to go on sale here, but they are always i the $50 range.
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X
  • TreykookTreykook Digging it out of the dirt Western N.C.Members  357WRX Points: 56Handicap: 8.6Posts: 357 Greens
    Minarets wrote on 08 June 2010 - 10:34 PM:
    <br />
    i really like a lot of the Walter Hagen shirts at Dick's but they are so over-priced. i always wait for them to go on sale here, but they are always i the $50 range.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Agreed. I always feel like I could get a Nike shirt (OK, maybe not a TW, but still) for the price of a Hagen or Slazzy shirt at Dick's. I know exactly what I'm getting with Nike; I have no clue what I might get with one of those other shirts.<br />
    <br />
    I've heard good things about the PGA TOUR shirts. A guy in my Sunday group swears by em. I'd imagine their shorts are just as good. If you have Belk's in your area, I'm a big fan of their Pro Tour line. The newer stuff is pretty pricey, but you can get it dirt cheap if you find it on the sale rack.
    Posted:
  • TAG617TAG617 Members  686WRX Points: 63Posts: 686 Golden Tee
    I get PGA Tour shirts at Marshalls. Usually $12-$15 albeit old colors or styles but for that price I don't really care... They seem to be pretty good, there is a bit of difference between them and my Nike Dry Fit but not much as far as I can tell.
    Posted:
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6561WRX Points: 673Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,561 Titanium Tees
    Ok the shirts are good, but what about the shorts?
    Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • InTheHoleInTheHole Members  1866WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,866 Platinum Tees
    The shorts are fine, I wear them all the time and the price was certainly right (I think if you get some coupons and a sale, JC Penny practically gives them away).<br />
    <br />
    The thing I like the most is they have a rubber insert in the waistband that minimizes your shirt coming untucked. They also wash very well.<br />
    <br />
    The shirts I have are just solid color golf shirts- I don't think those ever go out of style. The shorts are pretty plain- again, they'll be in style for a long time to come. <br />
    <br />
    I'm not sure what other information you could possibly need... but if I missed anything, feel free to ask.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Yanki01Yanki01 TEXASMembers  6561WRX Points: 673Handicap: 4.4Posts: 6,561 Titanium Tees
    how are they comfort wise. do they handle the heat well?
    Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • InTheHoleInTheHole Members  1866WRX Points: 1Posts: 1,866 Platinum Tees
    Yeah, I think they are very comfortable- but that is subjective... they will fit every body type differently.<br />
    <br />
    I just bought a pair of Tehama golf shorts that are great... except they are an inch too long. Every time I address the ball, they catch on my knees and I have to pull them up an inch- annoying as crap. I'll get them hemmed an inch and it will solve that problem. But they were $20 more than the PGA shorts.<br />
    <br />
    The PGA shorts are the perfect length... for me (I'm 5' 7")- so your mileage may vary.<br />
    <br />
    As far as handling the heat, I find them cool and comfortable- but nothing really different than all the other golf shorts out there made of the same material.
    Posted:
    yea I'm 5'9 and these fit great. I know what you mean by grabbing your knee, my other shorts do so. I don't mind<br />
    it but for golf I don't like it. Thanks!
    Posted:
    915D2 Rogue Silver 60S
    915F Rogue Black 80S
    915H Rogue Black 85S
    712u 4i Recoil F4 110
  • GolfinVanGolfinVan Members  99WRX Points: 0Posts: 99
    Minarets wrote on 08 June 2010 - 10:34 PM:
    <br />
    i really like a lot of the Walter Hagen shirts at Dick's but they are so over-priced. i always wait for them to go on sale here, but they are always i the $50 range.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I just picked up 2 Walter Hagan shirts on sale at Dick's (2 for $50). They look like nice shirts and can't wait to see if they are lucky ones also...
    Posted:
  • mbeyelmbeyel Members  165WRX Points: 55Posts: 165 Fairways
    I picked up 2 pairs of the shorts at Syms. After markdowns and sale they had, they were under $10. They have worked good during this 90+ weather in the northeast this summer. Very good value at that price.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • tburchelltburchell Still your turn Members  371WRX Points: 0Posts: 371
    I have a couple of their cargo shorts, about a year old now. They are suitable enough. Although the black hasn't held its color very well. Hopefully, the new ones are better.
    Posted:
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX  1427WRX Points: 126Posts: 1,427 Platinum Tees
    JC Penny's has the PGA shorts on sale for 19.99 per pair...I bought 2. Very nice,not overly long, pretty good in the heat, but I like my Adidas a little more. However, they were 60.00 per pair.<br />
    <br />
    Joe
    Posted:
    Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter: Custom SeeMore M7 Tour Black Finish-Custom Stamping
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • sam_5_0sam_5_0 Members  287WRX Points: 75Posts: 287 Greens
    I picked up a pair at Academy last Summer and they have been great. Bought another pair a couple of weeks ago.
    Posted:
  • RookieBlue7RookieBlue7 Members  13170WRX Points: 182Posts: 13,170 Titanium Tees
    I don't remember the brand, but Belk carries a brand of shorts that are around $25 a pair and are made from bamboo. They're my favorite golf shorts because they are cool in the heat and wick moisture very well. I'll look when I get home.
    Posted:
  • MinaretsMinarets Nashville, TNMembers  4556WRX Points: 323Posts: 4,556 Titanium Tees
    i bought some Austin Golf shorts from Sports Authority that were pretty great for golf.<br />
    they have that thing that nike shorts have on inside on the waistband....some kind of sticky ring that keep the shirts tucked in well. they feel similar to the adidas ones i have, but were $15
    Posted:
    Driver: Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 10.5*
    Irons: PXG 0311 4-PW
    Hybrids: PXG 0317X 17*, 19*
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, Taylormade Bigfoot Hi-Toe 60*
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Ketcsh (solid black)  
    Bag: Titleist Players 4 (Green) (something new is coming, cant decide.)
    Ball: Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.