CHAT TIME! CALLAWAY & TRUE TEMPER Monday 2-3PM EDT

123457»

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    BrownsFan wrote:

I'm still smackin' a Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 9 degree/firm-flex. The ball stays low and rolls forever. Give me a reason to change!

Just one? Compared to Steelhead (which was a great product in it’sday) RAZR Fit is made from Forged Composite and Titanium rather than Steelwhich allows us to make the clubhead bigger, much more forgiving, much easierto hit, hotter, adjustable, shafts have gotten longer and lighter to allow youto swing the clubhead faster I could go on and on, but again I’ll say gosomewhere where you can try one of our new drivers RAZR Fit or RAZR X Black andsee for yourself. If you are still playing a Steelhead driver you’ve gotopportunity for huge performance gains.

[color="#0000FF"]Luke

[/color]

Friarrexx wrote:

For someone who is relatively new to golf and all the equipment that comes with it, do you recommend the Fit driver with all its variable settings or will it frustrate me trying to find the right setup?

Some of it comes down to your personality. Do you like to tinker?Do you want the ability to interact with your driver or do you just want totake it out and hit it and not think about it much. If you like to tinker RAZRFit would be a great option for you even if you are new to golf. If you justwant a driver that is long and easy to hit and doesn’t require any adjustingRAZR X Black is the driver for you it has the same core technologies as RAZRFit without the adjustability.

Luke

knudson81 wrote:

Thanks for the time and expert answers! I have always been a big Callaway fan and been impressed with the Fusion Technology. Are we going to see even heavier use of Forged Composite in the next few years? Like how the past drivers were almost half composite, can that be done without losing the adjustable features?

Still not biting.

Luke

PKMillerJr wrote:

Please explain to me how the dynamic loft is not changed on the Razr Fit when face angle is changed. It is my understanding that there are three face angle settings: l. neutral = 0 degrees, 2. open = 2.5 degrees? and 3. closed = 1.5 degrees?. Also, from your website, it states: "OptiFit Tour Hosel offers a higher level of adjustability with three sub-positions within the Square, Open, and Closed face angles totaling nine unique face angles to choose from." How are there nine different face angles? Thanks.

I think I covered this earlier, but it’s not an easy concept tounderstand so I’ll take a crack at it again. If you were to hit shots on arobot with the face angle in the square setting with the robot delivering theclubhead with a square face at impact and then you adjusted the face angle ofthe driver from square to open and adjusted the club so that the robot wasdelivering the clubhead with a square face at impact again you would see adifference in vertical trajectory the driver would perform like it had lessloft. The opposite would happen if you closed the face the driver would performlike it had more loft. Robots don’t buy golf clubs though and the reasongolfers change the face angle of their drivers at address is because they wantto change the face angle of their drivers at impact and if that is what happensyou will see the difference in lateral trajectory instead of verticaltrajectory. I hope that makes some sense. The reason there are 9 face anglesettings on the TA is that there are two cogs and each cog has 3 settings3X3=9.

Luke

• jkalantzisjkalantzis Members Posts: 83
    I have always played a Callaway driver from 12 yrs old to 25. From 25 to 32 I have played Titleist. I am now ready to make the switch back to Callaway. Razr fit TA here I come. I will be going to my local pro tomorrow and ordering this beautiful driver.
  • twod0gstwod0gs Twod0gs Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Guys Thanks for coming on the forum.

I'm over in the UK and went to order a Razr Fit TA from my pro a Callaway ambassador, and when he went to order it for me via Callaway UK he was told that they were not taking this club. Hence very disappointed.

Any ideas on why this policy should exist?

Many thanks

Peter
    Callaway Epic 13.5 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 04
    Callaway Epic 16 Diamana Red stiff
    Callaway GBB Heavenwood KK silver stiff
    Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 4-PW XP95 stiff
    Vokey SM6 50, 55, 60
    Odyssey Tank #7 Works Versa 38
    TrueTemper wrote:

Hey everyone. Looks like our time is up. THANKS so much for your questions. I know the Callaway guys are finishing up with a few more posts, but we'll look forward to doing this again in the near future. Good luck to everyone with the giveaway!!

Chad

Thank you all for your time and interest today. It's always a lot of fun to be on with you guys, your passion for the game and for the equipment you use to play it is inspiring.

We're really proud of our RAZR Fit Tour Authentic driver I know the winners will be thrilled to get their hands on one and I hope the rest of you give one a try I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Thanks,

Luke

• Will ParWill Par Members Posts: 1,005
    Thanks Luke and Chad. These chats are always very informative.
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan
    Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭
    edited May 14, 2012 #190
    Just got in from work, looks like I missed the live questions, maybe they answered my question I sent in earlier? Thanks Callaway and True temper and golfwrx for having this forum for us all!

friends.gifTim

PSS: Did anyone see my question as to why the Callaway Razr Fit driver's SW is at D5? Thanks again, Tim

I'll go back to first page and see if this was answered. I was just curious of why so heavy.
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • FlopShotFredFlopShotFred Members Posts: 342
    I found this extremely informative! Hope I win one now! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Taylormade M1 8.5 Rogue 70X
    TEE E8 Tour 15* Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist 909 19* ProForce V2 90X
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-P
    Vokey 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron X5
    edited May 14, 2012 #192
    Hey guys here's my original question if anyone is still here to answer:

[color="#1C2837"] [/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]To Callaway and True Temper: Why with all the technology moving to lighter head weights and lighter shafts is the swing weight @ D5? I thought the idea of making everything lighter was to help promote faster swing speeds for amateur golfers....

Thanks, Tim[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]By the way I'm still using my Cally FT TA with PX 6c12. Awesome combo! My favorite driver since the TM R510 DF Proto. Haven't tried the Razr Fit TA but hope to soon.[/size][/color]
    WITB Link
  • webberwebber Webber Members Posts: 1,607 ✭✭
    TWshoot67 wrote:

Hey guys here's my original question if anyone is still here to answer:

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]To Callaway and True Temper: Why with all the technology moving to lighter head weights and lighter shafts is the swing weight @ D5? I thought the idea of making everything lighter was to help promote faster swing speeds for amateur golfers....

Thanks, Tim[/size][/color]

[color="#1C2837"][size="2"]By the way I'm still using my Cally FT TA with PX 6c12. Awesome combo! My favorite driver since the TM R510 DF Proto. Haven't tried the Razr Fit TA but hope to soon.[/size][/color]

Swingweight is a measurement of the balance of the club not the overall weight. I could make the D5 driver a D0 just by slapping a midsize grip on here.
    Taylormade M4 9.5 Evenflow Black 65 6.5
    Taylormade M4 15* Evenflow Black 75 6.5
    Titleist 816 H2 19* Diamana D+ 90 X
    Ping iBlade 4-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50F-54S, Taylormade Hi-Toe 60.10
    Taylormade Spider Red
    Pro V1
  • jabrchjabrch Members Posts: 3,915
    Still curious about the Callaway marketing strategy and the timing of the various Razr Fit releases...
    Ping G30 Tour 65
    Callaway XR Pro 3 Wood
    Callaway Xhot 3 and 4 Hybrid
    Callaway XR 5-AW - Recoil 680 F4 shafts
    Vokey 60 degree
    STX Putter
  • TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,507 ✭✭
    I really enjoyed reading this, thanks Cally and TT!
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
    FYI the giveaway will be completed by the end of the week!
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,896 ✭✭
    HipCheck wrote:

FYI the giveaway will be completed by the end of the week!

Did I miss the posting on this?
  • HipCheckHipCheck Toed it a lil, Romes. The Right CoastMarshals Posts: 6,232 mod
    And the winners of the Callaway Tour Authentic RAZR Fit Driver with Project X Black Shaft are....

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/20032-pkmillerjr/"]PKMillerJr[/url]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/166753-tidiliwomp/"]Tidiliwomp[/url]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/user/56856-radiman/"]radiman[/url]

Congrats! Thanks Callaway and True Temper!!!
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud

• radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    Thanks soooooo much to Golfwrx, Callaway, and True Temper. Never thought I'd win. I can't wait to hear from them and to put this in play.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • eagle1997eagle1997 Members Posts: 18,062 ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2012 #200
    Callaway seems to be leading the forefront in mass-customizable color drivers with their recent release of the RHT. Will the options ever exist to customize the TOP of the clubhead, with say a matte black (like the ping i20). lime-green, or, heaven-forbid, white? In addition, will this ever extend to the ability to custom-color shafts? I like the idea of a neon green driver, from grip to toe! image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

thanks for the opportunity.

** edited for stupidity **

whooops, just saw that this was last week. duh.
    Cobra F8+ 9.5°
    TEE XCG4 3w 15°
    Cally Steelhead XR 17°
    Cobra BioCell 22°
    Cobra One Length 5-PW
    Bstone J15 50°
    Bstone J15 52°
    Odyssey Black Milled #1
  • TidiliwompTidiliwomp Members Posts: 169
    radiman wrote:

Thanks soooooo much to Golfwrx, Callaway, and True Temper. Never thought I'd win. I can't wait to hear from them and to put this in play.

+1,000,000

Was having a horrible week last week till I got this awesome news. Thank you so much and congrats to the other winners also
  • MikeMoMikeMo Members Posts: 368
    Congrats to the winners. This is a fantastic pick up! Thanks again to GWRx, Callaway and True Temper for the opportunity!
    Congrats to winners, what a fantastic pick up..... I'm jealous! ok.gif
    WITB Link
  • slicktryslicktry @meximenno Members Posts: 2,539 ✭✭
    Radiman...congrats!

God Bless

Jer
    '17 M1 10.5* + w/ ATX Green 85TX
    '16 M2 DF 13* w/ DGSL X100
    16* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    20* Adams Red w/ DG X100
    4-PW ?????????????
    52* TM EF ATV w/ C Taper S+
    58* PM Grind w/ C Taper S+
    Spider Mini Tour Black 33.5" w/BGT Stability Shaft
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,672 ✭✭
    slicktry wrote:

Radiman...congrats!

God Bless

Jer

Thank you sir. Let me know if you're going to be down in the Fargo area at all this spring. I'll let you try it out image/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag