Hawaii GolfWRX'ers Hale Wala'au

pitbull808

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1409810893' post='10061749']
Wow that was almost two years since the last post. See what happens when Tony leaves the state.
[/quote]

Whoooooaaaa...Chad..didn't even realize that! LOL...he was one of the larger closet ho's! :pimp:

• 1 year later...

WOW....been awhile since the Hawaii room has had any action. I know a lot of us Hawaii GolfWRX'ers actually met through this forum and got to be regular weekend golfers together. Probably some of my closest friends now have been met through here.

Anyone new in this room or old timers that still visit it looking? LOL....I'm Reid for those who don't know me or haven't met me at RD's, Roots and AGC. :D

• 2 months later...

Aloha from NC...Not missing my commute on H1, gotta admit missing a lot of great weather, people, courses, and gear acquisitions :)

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Aloha from NC...Not missing my commute on H1, gotta admit missing a lot of great weather, people, courses, and gear acquisitions :)

Mitchell..I heard you had left us..and at all places Roots!! LOL, I asked Mike, did he sell anything I'd want??? Anyway..i left there with two putters. :D

Aloha from AZ......damn this room has been quiet for too long!!

Russ...the room just isn't the same without our weekly rounds to talk smack about in here! We need Tony ho'ing every other day!!! :cheesy:

Russ...the room just isn't the same without our weekly rounds to talk smack about in here! We need Tony ho'ing every other day!!! :cheesy:

Maybe I'll post about my first round of the year next Saturday......I have no idea how the heck I'm gonna score since I have not picked up a club or hit a ball in about two months. I'm playing AZ's version of Koo'lau.....should be interesting.

Yea, where the %$#k is Prince Ho?

Reid,

Howzit? Advantage of having connections with Fedex, shipped majority of stuff back to NC. I did purchase a Miura custom K grind wedge from Roots prior to leaving , was told lucky I beat you to it-lol. Shocking that you are acquiring putters :) , keep me in mind if decide to start another purge, maybe can get one before Keith decides to stash for his collection like last one I wanted :( Probably should not have said that since my signature is not even close to current set, so I'm one to talk. Send my regards to usual haunts and will catch up with you later.

Aloha,

Mitch

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Maybe I'll post about my first round of the year next Saturday......I have no idea how the heck I'm gonna score since I have not picked up a club or hit a ball in about two months. I'm playing AZ's version of Koo'lau.....should be interesting.

Yea, where the %$#k is Prince Ho?

OMG....It can't be any worse that our last round we played for "camaraderie" and not score! :cheesy: Just think of it like riding a bike...except you can't fly a bike across Nimitz Highway!!! :D

Reid,

Howzit? Advantage of having connections with Fedex, shipped majority of stuff back to NC. I did purchase a Miura custom K grind wedge from Roots prior to leaving , was told lucky I beat you to it-lol. Shocking that you are acquiring putters :) , keep me in mind if decide to start another purge, maybe can get one before Keith decides to stash for his collection like last one I wanted :( Probably should not have said that since my signature is not even close to current set, so I'm one to talk. Send my regards to usual haunts and will catch up with you later.

Aloha,

Mitch

Nice pick up! My K grind 60 bent to 58 is one of the most amazing clubs I've ever had in the bag EVER. I've never considered myself remotely close to a good bunker player till I added it to the bag. Now at times I'd rather hit it from a bunker than a tight lie on the fringe! LOL..damn chip yips!

For sure I'll keep you in mind if I do another purge. I was seriously attempting to cut the collection down for awhile! I'll definitely tell everyone hello for you! :hi:

OMG....It can't be any worse that our last round we played for "camaraderie" and not score! :cheesy: Just think of it like riding a bike...except you can't fly a bike across Nimitz Highway!!! :D

Hahaha, that's because we played a "scotty round" :taunt: I was just telling a co-worker who just played Navy Marine 2 weeks ago that I remember hitting quite a few balls from the 9th tee into the Taco Bell parking lot off Valkenburg St :wave: and several onto Radford Dr from the 11th tee :cheesy:

Hahaha, that's because we played a "scotty round" :taunt: I was just telling a co-worker who just played Navy Marine 2 weeks ago that I remember hitting quite a few balls from the 9th tee into the Taco Bell parking lot off Valkenburg St :wave: and several onto Radford Dr from the 11th tee :cheesy:

C'mon...I think your best "shot" if you can call it one...was at Royal Kunia on 18 when you sliced the bejesus out of the ball and I told you to yell "Fore" because of the jogger running on the sidewalk 4 lanes over and you said you didn't need to..and I saw the ball flying and said you better yell fore!! and finally I yelled FORRRREEEE!! LOL! Best part was the jogger asked if you wanted the ball back! :cheesy:

C'mon...I think your best "shot" if you can call it one...was at Royal Kunia on 18 when you sliced the bejesus out of the ball and I told you to yell "Fore" because of the jogger running on the sidewalk 4 lanes over and you said you didn't need to..and I saw the ball flying and said you better yell fore!! and finally I yelled FORRRREEEE!! LOL! Best part was the jogger asked if you wanted the ball back! :cheesy:

The shots that I will always remember.....10th Tee @Makaha Valley CC-told you that I was going to hit that particular tree on the right side of the fairway....BAM!! Hit that tree and left a mark on it for several years. Happened twice to that poor tree :haha:

The shots that I will always remember.....10th Tee @Makaha Valley CC-told you that I was going to hit that particular tree on the right side of the fairway....BAM!! Hit that tree and left a mark on it for several years. Happened twice to that poor tree :haha:

I remember that shot!! I remember sticking a tee in the bruise you left in that tree to mark the spot! :cheesy: When i went out to play there last year I actually looked for the tree to see if I could find your mark. I couldn't but still laughed my butt off about it. I also remember that one time we played there and when I came to a stop in the cart you were yelling that I was on your foot. And when I leaned over to look half your foot was under the tire and I told you why did you put it there??!! :cheesy:

I remember that shot!! I remember sticking a tee in the bruise you left in that tree to mark the spot! :cheesy: When i went out to play there last year I actually looked for the tree to see if I could find your mark. I couldn't but still laughed my butt off about it. I also remember that one time we played there and when I came to a stop in the cart you were yelling that I was on your foot. And when I leaned over to look half your foot was under the tire and I told you why did you put it there??!! :cheesy:

You ran over my foot twice on that day (Holes #10 & #11) :swoon: I vividly remember when "Grape Ape" Scotty face planted while walking to his cart from the #2 green @Ko'olina :cheesy: :cheesy: Scotty on standing on the 8th tee and you & and I are softly chanting "grape ape, grape ape, grape ape", then he abruptly turns around and looks at you saying "what you said?' You telling him "nothing" , Scotty again says "what you said?" You tell him "I said nothing", Scotty says "no lie, I know what you said, you cocks" LMFAO :cheesy: :cheesy:

You ran over my foot twice on that day (Holes #10 & #11) :swoon: I vividly remember when "Grape Ape" Scotty face planted while walking to his cart from the #2 green @Ko'olina :cheesy: :cheesy: Scotty on standing on the 8th tee and you & and I are softly chanting "grape ape, grape ape, grape ape", then he abruptly turns around and looks at you saying "what you said?' You telling him "nothing" , Scotty again says "what you said?" You tell him "I said nothing", Scotty says "no lie, I know what you said, you cocks" LMFAO :cheesy: :cheesy:

LOL..was it twice? :blush: And I couldn't help it that day with Scotty! :cheesy:

And I couldn't help it that day with Scotty! :cheesy:

At least he has a sense of humor....

Well, here's some pics of our round today @Stoneridge GC which I consider AZ's version of Koo'lau GC. The course has a lot of elevations changes and ravines challenges. Obviously, y'all can see the lush brown fairways and greens. :derisive: There was a lot of roll in the fairways & the greens were damn fast! Totally had no clue how the heck I would score since not picking up a club in over two months, I decided to game my old school driver (983k) and irons (Cally X-14). The combination using good course management, not over swinging and using clubs that I always had confidence in provided a great feel throughout the day.....surprising shot a 7 over for first round of the year.

Was it luck, or maybe it was due to playing a smart round? Who knows, but I'll find out @next Saturday's round there.

• 2 weeks later...

I call it winter brown :taunt: After playing my 2nd & 3rd rounds there this past weekend, I'm selling the 915 D3 and the M1 (I blame that on you).....the 983K kicked the crap out of those 2 "new technology" bums.

Why do you think my number one driver is an old fashioned non adjustable Miura SIT 460! :D

Nice to see action in the Hawaii room lately. Maybe I've just missed it, but nice to see. It seems like a long time since I bought those great wedges. In fact they are all worn out. Now I have to make do with Titlieist. :=)

I don't know if any of you follow Monte Scheinblum on this site, but if so - do you have any interest in having him come to Hawaii for a clinic? There is a move on right now for a clinic in AZ. I jumped in to see if he wants to come to Hawaii. He says he will come if there are 15 golfers committed. I don't know what course would work for it. I would like Koolau, but the weather there is iffy at best as we all know and there's no cover if it pours. The clinic in AZ is in April sometime with lessons on Saturday, Sunday, and playing lessons on Monday. I assume it would be the same here. LMK what you think.

Aloha, Rich

Nice to hear from you. Yeah, I know what you mean about too old to change. I'm old, but still like tinkering around and like Monte's attitude and thoughts. Every time I hit that pull hook into the weeds I think - I should fix that issue. Probably be easier to jump on an airplane and go see him rather than trying to organize something here. :golfer: Aloha

Why do you think my number one driver is an old fashioned non adjustable Miura SIT 460! :D

Sold the M1, but can't sell the 915 cause it was a gift from the other half.....don't need a long distance phone call just to get :nono:

Good news is that our local course opened today, so that means I don't have drive approx. 200 rt miles to play.

Sold the M1, but can't sell the 915 cause it was a gift from the other half.....don't need a long distance phone call just to get :nono:

Good news is that our local course opened today, so that means I don't have drive approx. 200 rt miles to play.

yes...good on you saving the 915. Sometimes the best driver is not the newest with the most mechanical options that only serve to confuse on every hit! I guess that's why the two driver I currently love the most are my SIT 460 and my Nike Tiger driver...both glued in hotels and they work the old fashioned way for me. Want to fade, open the face, want to draw, close the face! I don't need a slider or weights to make my ball move!

I bought another putter the other day...even though I have one coming in the mail. My Miura KM005 still works great but like every putter I've ever owned, sometimes it needs a break. Picked up the new Odyssey White Hot RX 1 yesterday. Feels like my Japan TriHot but it's got the ovals on the face to get the ball rolling faster. Not sure if it'll last a week in the bag but just wanted to try something new.

• 8 months later...

I am in Oahu this coming week any current recommendations on where to play. I am a 6.8 capper relatively long hitter but lose strokes on the short game some days.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Was here most recently 2 years ago. Have played Ko Olina more than once Koolau was pretty soggy when I was here two years ago so if it is in better shape I might give it a go again.

Thanks in advance