Hawaii GolfWRX'ers Hale Wala'au

pitbull808

[quote name='da master 808' date='18 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1268984472' post='2326675']
[quote]Nice to have da master back in town...hopefully his hours spent on the range with me and mauiatheart will have worked to get us both hitting the ball better!

Amazing how he can watch one swing and notice something right off. Then again...it could be because we're just hacks and it's pretty freeking obvious! [/quote]

It's great to be back! Diagnosing two broken swings is cake compared to issuing wake turbulence warnings and keeping a VFR and IFR aircraft from merging into a beautiful fireball! It's also great to see that Carl is back in business.
[/quote]

I don't like to think of my old swing as broken...just unique. :cheesy:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mauiatheart' date='22 March 2010 - 07:09 PM' timestamp='1269320947' post='2334932']
[quote name='da master 808' date='18 March 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1268984472' post='2326675']
[quote]Nice to have da master back in town...hopefully his hours spent on the range with me and mauiatheart will have worked to get us both hitting the ball better!

Amazing how he can watch one swing and notice something right off. Then again...it could be because we're just hacks and it's pretty freeking obvious! [/quote]

It's great to be back! Diagnosing two broken swings is cake compared to issuing wake turbulence warnings and keeping a VFR and IFR aircraft from merging into a beautiful fireball! It's also great to see that Carl is back in business.
[/quote]

I don't like to think of my old swing as broken...just unique. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Thank goodness...if it wasn't so "unique" guys would have to start wearing hard hats on opposing fairways! :cheesy:

[quote name='propredicr' date='22 March 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1269325622' post='2334979']
Don't know if you guys have seen this...play (10 courses in Hawaii) 6 courses on Oahu, 1 on Maui, 2 on Kauai and 1 on Big Island for $199.00. Only 20 something, left. Expires 11/30/2010.

[u]http://khnlg.incentrev.com/index.cfm?action=offer&offerid=17445[/u]
[/quote]

Not too bad if you're traveling to the other islands. It would have been excellent if you can play ten rounds at one course..I'd be all over Ko'olina or Turtle Bay for ten rounds at $199.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='bobmarley' date='09 April 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1270807461' post='2369457']
Who is a good fitter around here? I don't mind driving to any place on the island as long as they are good!

I live in PC (kinda close to the Roger Dunn over here) if that helps any.
[/quote]

PM sent.

• 4 weeks later...

Since I got a call from Mauiatheart asking me what's up with the Hawaii room being so dead...I figured I'd post and see what's everyone been up to.

Me...no golf for me this weekend. Probably the first time in I can't remember. Since another recent swing change that got me able to draw the ball for the first time in over a year..yeah, you know what's next. Now I'm fighting a big a** hook. Which is nice for once..because at least I know it's going right and can play it. Before, it was either straight, fade or slice. Makes hitting greens a tough thing.

Club purchases...not much at all. Although after I finished the Mizuno MX300/MP58/MP68 test, I did happen to pick up a set of X22 Tours to mess around with as well. I also picked up some Cally Jaws wedges and the Diablo Tour 3 Wood. Not sure if I mentioned that in the "what's new in the bag" thread. I just recently ordered a Yamada Blade putter from Joe Kwok. If you know me, there's not many blade I haven't had, or can resist. I'm going to be one of the thousands of guys logged on at Odyssey on Monday to see if I can snag a ProType82 Phil Mick putter. I'm still trying to talk myself out of it though. Me and inserts...plus $500 for it..just don't mix well.

Currently debating Ping Anser Forged Irons, Tourstage GR C-1's, OnOff's new CB's. Oh.and a few new driver shafts. The Diablo Tour is nice..but I think a bit spinny for me. Hopefully a shaft change will help that out.

Other then that..not much new or exciting. What's up with all you guys? :drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Got a Cobra x-speed pro deep driver about a week ago. I took it out the next day and did not like it at all, so that night I almost traded it in for something else($90). The wife talked me into keeping it because I only using it once. Boy am I glade for that woman. The very next day I took it out, it was like a totally different club. I was the hitting the highest ball flights I have ever hit and some of the longest drives I have ever hit, even longer then when I played in Colorado Spings. It was shocking how long I was hitting them(with wind at my back and even into the wind). Maybe with shorter Irons into the green my scores will come down.

Well since I'm shotting the good stuff here with yall, (thats southern for you all) I hurt my rist and fore-arm coming down to steep on a ball last week. Is there anything I can do, or does the pain just go away with time.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 1 month later...

Had the round of my life at Hualalai today and would like to thank Da Master for the tips he gave me a while ago. It is finally feeling more natural. Kept the ball in play and a lot of times in the fairway. :clapping: Of course, props have to go out to the crank neck Palombi as it saved me several times today. Wooo Hooo. Now if only I can make some birdies. :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='pitbull808' date='08 July 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1278653476' post='2564242']
Nice running into my fellow hacker club members over at Aloha Golf today. So much for stealth ho-ing. :cheesy:
[/quote]

Sorry you didn't have much chance to hit balls today between myself trying to swing faster than 98 mph and my "project" working on his swing. :cheesy:

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' date='17 May 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1274156466' post='2449414']
Got a Cobra x-speed pro deep driver about a week ago. I took it out the next day and did not like it at all, so that night I almost traded it in for something else($90). The wife talked me into keeping it because I only using it once. Boy am I glade for that woman. The very next day I took it out, it was like a totally different club. I was the hitting the highest ball flights I have ever hit and some of the longest drives I have ever hit, even longer then when I played in Colorado Spings. It was shocking how long I was hitting them(with wind at my back and even into the wind). Maybe with shorter Irons into the green my scores will come down.

Well since I'm shotting the good stuff here with yall, (thats southern for you all) I hurt my rist and fore-arm coming down to steep on a ball last week. Is there anything I can do, or does the pain just go away with time.
[/quote]

Rest, rest and more rest. Or if you are like me, take a couple of Advil and play through it.

[quote name='mauiatheart' date='10 July 2010 - 06:15 PM' timestamp='1278821707' post='2568018']
[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' date='17 May 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1274156466' post='2449414']

[/quote]

Rest, rest and more rest. Or if you are like me, take a couple of Advil and play through it.
[/quote]

So how was the backstyke?

[quote name='mach 1' date='13 July 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1279074928' post='2574495']
[quote name='pitbull808' date='13 July 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1279074372' post='2574477']
CONGRATULATIONS rok78/ Ricky on the birth of his daughter Sunny at 12:13pm, 6 lbs, 14.2 oz. Mom and baby are doing great! :clapping:
[/quote]
Congratulations Rick. Now its time to practice changing diapers.
[/quote]

Thanks guys. I already feel like a solid 2 handicap in changing diapers. Although I hacked my way through that first poopy one :cheesy: .

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

[quote name='pitbull808' date='10 July 2010 - 07:20 PM' timestamp='1278825647' post='2568115']
[quote name='mach 1' date='10 July 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1278825427' post='2568107']
So how was the backstyke?
[/quote]

Was wondering the same. :D
[/quote]

Took it to the putting green and hated everything about it. The feel was typically bad for the Odyssey insert. The sound is just horrible. Kind of a clang, but not as nice. Putted better with the Palombi, so the Backstryke lasted about as long as I thought it would, 10 minutes. I tried to like it. But if it isn't automatic, then the Palombi stays in the bag as it is as automatic as I have found. I did find a little hitch in my putting stroke and ended up having the best putting nine in a while. Too bad it was on the back.

[quote name='rok78' date='15 July 2010 - 03:18 AM' timestamp='1279199926' post='2577391']
[quote name='mach 1' date='13 July 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1279074928' post='2574495']
[quote name='pitbull808' date='13 July 2010 - 04:26 PM' timestamp='1279074372' post='2574477']
CONGRATULATIONS rok78/ Ricky on the birth of his daughter Sunny at 12:13pm, 6 lbs, 14.2 oz. Mom and baby are doing great! :clapping:
[/quote]
Congratulations Rick. Now its time to practice changing diapers.
[/quote]

Thanks guys. I already feel like a solid 2 handicap in changing diapers. Although I hacked my way through that first poopy one :cheesy: .
[/quote]

Congrats.

Enjoy the diapers now. You just don't want to rush the solid food. Trust me, the smell is just agony at that point.

Hey Reid,

I've been good. Busy traveling for work and vacation. Did a trip with my brothers to Bandon Dunes in April, then an Alaskan cruise with the whole family in June, and straight from there to North Carolina for work, and then I was in LA last week for work. Racking up the frequent flier miles!

If you've never been to Bandon, you gotta get over there. More fun to play than Pebble, and way cheaper.

Taylormade M2 9.5* Graphite Design GP 6s
Taylormade M2 15* Graphite Design DJ 7x
Taylormade M1 17* and 21* Graphite Design Tour AD-GT 85s
Miura PP-9003 5-PW Nippon Ns Pro Modus 3 120 stiff
Titleist forged Vokey 50, 54, 58 wedges Nippon Ns Pro Modus 120
Scotty Cameron 009 beached 350 gram

[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1279872999' post='2594138']
Hey Reid,

I've been good. Busy traveling for work and vacation. Did a trip with my brothers to Bandon Dunes in April, then an Alaskan cruise with the whole family in June, and straight from there to North Carolina for work, and then I was in LA last week for work. Racking up the frequent flier miles!

If you've never been to Bandon, you gotta get over there. More fun to play than Pebble, and way cheaper.
[/quote]

Bandon??? Too cool. Would love to go there one day..but hopefully when I've got a swing that last more then a day. :blush: Good to hear from you. :drinks:

If you're miss is a top then you'll be fine at Bandon. I topped some shots that ended up rolling all the way to the green, even a few when I was out over 210 yards. Just make sure your putting is on and you'll be fine there. It's definitely worth the trip there.

[quote name='chuckyuen' timestamp='1280130034' post='2599312']
If you're miss is a top then you'll be fine at Bandon. I topped some shots that ended up rolling all the way to the green, even a few when I was out over 210 yards. Just make sure your putting is on and you'll be fine there. It's definitely worth the trip there.
[/quote]

After my recent experiment with the "Tour Striker"...I'm a professional a the top shot. :blush:

Then you're all set to go. Seriously, my brothers both agree with me that it was a much more enjoyable experience than our Pebble Beach trip last year. Pebble was cool because of the history of the course and all, but Bandon was just a more fun trip overall. Friendlier people at the course and resort, better prices and some of the most unique and fun courses I've played.

• 3 weeks later...